Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 148444 times)

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #870 on: July 13, 2011, 07:22:45 PM »
Theoretically, people could be buying it at the Comiket or have someone buy it for them, but I'll be patient until the retail release, as usual. Gives me more time to clear the other games, too, so it's not too bad this time around. Still, always annoying to see all those replays popping up.

« Reply #871 on: July 13, 2011, 08:18:24 PM »
Hahahahahaha!!! Finally!! I finally got you, you bloody tiger!!! You are mine now!!

Okay. Despite this occurence in all seriousness causing me to laugh maniacally, i finally defeated Shou No-deaths, no bombs!!! :toot:

I can finally relax with her. Everytime I've been going up against her I have always been playing with one goal in mind. Getting a perfect run. Since making a mistake is very easy it took over 250 attempts since game release to do this. That is the amount of practice that has gone into the fight letting me have relative consistency on almost everything she has except for her 2nd non-spell and the other failures simply because my brain had been hemorrhaged from playing the stage so much.

From now on, I can play against Shou without that particular goal in mind. From now on, every death against Shou's 2nd non-spell won't be felt near as dearly as they have until now. The majority of my mistakes where from her 1st and 2nd non-spell, the latter which usually moves faster than I can think. Not a fun way to lose an attempt. Now dying to that doesn't matter any longer! It feels really good to finally have this done.

The only downside is that she dodged my shots too much on Aura of Light and as such I ended up timing that out instead. That means its not a complete perfect run but its certainly no-miss, no-bomb and that's all I ever wanted. I don't care about some spell bonus. The only concern I had was getting through the battle without bombing and without getting hit. That has now been accomplished.

PS: Congratulate me someone. This was much harder than any Lunatic 1cc ever was.

It's like that every time a game comes out. Apparently everybody turns a blind eye to it.
Yeah, I guess. I pre-ordered the thing though, I don't know when it will arrive but doesn't having paid for a game in some way make me own it even if I haven't received it yet?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:22:21 PM by Zengeku »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #872 on: July 13, 2011, 08:23:13 PM »
I thought I remember N-Forza mentioning that having to get back on a long line multiple times just to fulfill other people's Comiket orders doesn't work very well. There's always pre-ordering the games though, which I'm hoping (though not really expecting) to ease the overseas shipping wait.

Seems I stand corrected on Satori's DBDB. It still sucks. Thus, capturing it again always feels like an accomplishment.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #873 on: July 13, 2011, 08:33:33 PM »
Hahahahahaha!!! Finally!! I finally got you, you bloody tiger!!! You are mine now!!

Okay. Despite this occurence in all seriousness causing me to laugh maniacally, i finally defeated Shou No-deaths, no bombs!!! :toot:

I can finally relax with her. Everytime I've been going up against her I have always been playing with one goal in mind. Getting a perfect run. Since making a mistake is very easy it took over 250 attempts since game release to do this. That is the amount of practice that has gone into the fight letting me have relative consistency on almost everything she has except for her 2nd non-spell and the other failures simply because my brain had been hemorrhaged from playing the stage so much.

From now on, I can play against Shou without that particular goal in mind. From now on, every death against Shou's 2nd non-spell won't be felt near as dearly as they have until now. The majority of my mistakes where from her 1st and 2nd non-spell, the latter which usually moves faster than I can think. Not a fun way to lose an attempt. Now dying to that doesn't matter any longer! It feels really good to finally have this done.

The only downside is that she dodged my shots too much on Aura of Light and as such I ended up timing that out instead. That means its not a complete perfect run but its certainly no-miss, no-bomb and that's all I ever wanted. I don't care about some spell bonus. The only concern I had was getting through the battle without bombing and without getting hit. That has now been accomplished.

PS: Congratulate me someone. This was much harder than any Lunatic 1cc ever was.
Yeah, I guess. I pre-ordered the thing though, I don't know when it will arrive but doesn't having paid for a game in some way make me own it even if I haven't received it yet?

Well, congratulations, tiger! I'd wager that timing out one pattern under these conditions is, under the assumption that it doesn't have a safe-spot, a tadbit more impressive than shooting through it.

Still, regarding pre-orders, I can see what you're getting at. I'm a bit of an extremist regarding those matters, but seriously, as long as people pay even I don't care as long as no illegal third party gains profit.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 08:42:45 PM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #874 on: July 13, 2011, 08:35:04 PM »
Ah, let's not get into a piracy debate.

Congrats Zengekky.

« Reply #875 on: July 13, 2011, 08:44:26 PM »
Ain't it like that with all late-game stages/bosses?  Congratz bro, you worked hard for it =).

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #876 on: July 13, 2011, 08:45:18 PM »

Congrats Zengekky.

Yep, my bad, sorry about that!

On a related note, captured two of Suwako's Spellcards for the first time today, last one included! Too bad the run was a complete mess, gonna have to improve some other parts first.

« Reply #877 on: July 13, 2011, 09:22:32 PM »
Ain't it like that with all late-game stages/bosses?  Congratz bro, you worked hard for it =).

Maybe. Its just Shou is a really difficult boss. She really kicks almost any other boss in the Touhou series into the dust. Perfecting her was a lot harder than perfecting Yuyuko, Youmu, Utsuho, Orin, Satori, Kanako, Aya and many other late game bosses around. Most of these bosses have a broad selection of moderate difficulty attacks but usually only one really difficult ones. I.e, those I lose attempts to. Shou's best bet at a joke card is Aura of Light and even that takes some risky maneuvering if you get trapped.

I think the only boss in the Windows generation to be more difficult than Shou is Byakuren and Remilia.

Well, congratulations, tiger! I'd wager that timing out one pattern under these conditions is, under the assumption that it doesn't have a safe-spot, a tadbit more impressive than shooting through it.

The attack doesn't have a safespot. I dunno if timing it out is more impressive since surviving isn't really all that difficult in the card. The trick is to hit Shou and avoid getting trapped. I hoped for Shou to get in range of my shot but she didn't. I tried getting back to the center to hurt her but ultimately the card timed itself out before managing to empty her life bar.

Congrats Zengekky.

Oh, yeah. Let's not. And thanks by the way. :)

TMiles

• Let's party!
« Reply #878 on: July 13, 2011, 10:33:35 PM »
1CC PCB LUNATIC YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

After failing a lot in IN Lunatic I tried PCB Lunatic, what are the odds that I got it on my FIRST TRY!

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #879 on: July 14, 2011, 12:26:55 AM »
I just realized that I forgot to mention that my EoSD extra clear was with the hitbox patch (the Hard 1cc wasn't). I'm trying now to do it without it just to do it both ways.

What are your opinions on the hitbox patch?
Should it be used?
Does it really make a difference?

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #880 on: July 14, 2011, 12:44:37 AM »
I just realized that I forgot to mention that my EoSD extra clear was with the hitbox patch (the Hard 1cc wasn't). I'm trying now to do it without it just to do it both ways.

Should it be used?

Use it if you want, but try with the later games to do most of your dodging unfocused so you can learn where it is. usually some object dead center is a hint (i.e. that ribbon thingy on Reimu.)
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Drake

« Reply #881 on: July 14, 2011, 03:22:43 AM »

Should it be used?
Use it freely until you get a true feel for where your hitbox actually is. Once you don't need it anymore, don't use it. Having started the thing in the first place, for sure I used it for a while. I think I stopped using it some short time before 1ccing Hard, and for most people I'd recommend stopping around there as well. When you start playing Touhou you really need to learn an approximation of where your hitbox is, which is what the patch is for. Once you're skilled enough to not need it, there's no reason to keep it on.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #882 on: July 14, 2011, 03:23:37 AM »
I'm finally getting better at Momiji and the waterfall after her. Plus I got another Storm Day capture, which is always nice (I love that attack). Now if only Peerless Wind God would stop being mean to me...
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #883 on: July 14, 2011, 08:28:01 AM »
PCB Normal, no bombs (though border breaking is used).

This one just sort of happened without any real planning going into it. Stage 4 was almost perfect except for a miss in the stupidest of places, and then Stage 5 happened. Two deaths on Five Signs of the Deva? Really?

But hey, an achievement's an achievement. Now to try it with no deaths. Or I might try Easy with no deaths no bombs. We'll see.

« Reply #884 on: July 14, 2011, 12:00:20 PM »

Should it be used?

Anything to make EoSD feel less old.

Once you're skilled enough to not need it, there's no reason to keep it on.

Nor is there any reason to turn it off  :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #885 on: July 14, 2011, 12:43:01 PM »
MoF Stage 4 Lunatic perfect run!

Holy crap, I'm shaking again. I knew I had been making progress at the stage portion, but Aya too? I almost wasn't ready to find myself perfecting everything through Peerless Wind God. Thank God Aya's final is so simple.

So now that's two full Touhou games perfected.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 12:52:52 PM by ふねん1 »

« Reply #886 on: July 14, 2011, 01:56:58 PM »
Nicely done. SA is up next bro. :)

I had a brief look at Kogasa and thought to myself... if we hide under her dress, we might be safe from umbrellas.
Well okay, let's just say its the stuff you see in superplays and such because really, nobody can handle that fucking card with consistency and since its the only thing that prevents me from enjoying the fuck out of Kogasa, I decided to learn it. Turns out its really easy to do although you need to hurry up to get into the safespot. And I perfected Kogasa with that just now.

Kyouko's a total pushover compared to Kogasa btw. Though I suppose anyone knew that.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:00:01 PM by Zengeku »

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #887 on: July 14, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »
Finally figured out the tricks to Suwako's third and fourth spellcard, only mystery left is a proper approach for her first survival spellcard since that one's more feasible than her second one and I hate survival spellcards.

Drake

« Reply #888 on: July 14, 2011, 06:58:34 PM »
Nor is there any reason to turn it off  :V
If the person asking was going to keep it on anyways then there's no point asking if and when they should be removing it.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #889 on: July 14, 2011, 07:16:31 PM »
To match with my accomplishment earlier this month, today marks my first 1CC of Perfect Cherry Blossom, as well as the farthest I've managed to get in an Extra stage.  Not QUITE at the level of clearing Extras yet, but it's only a matter of time!

Quick edit to add: This time, it was with Reimu-B.  And unlike when I beat Embodiment, I only started getting the shakes when I was right at the survival spellcard at the end.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 07:18:57 PM by Kliff »

« Reply #890 on: July 14, 2011, 07:34:24 PM »
This is pretty embarrassing, I've never captured Unnatural Phenomenon on Normal before! I've now captured all spell cards in SA Normal with ReimuC.

Did all scorerunners go on a summer vacation?
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #891 on: July 14, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
Shin does 2.777b on vacation? I'd love to see what he does when he's not on vacation then.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:52:37 AM by Naut »

« Reply #892 on: July 14, 2011, 10:43:38 PM »
Speaking about scorunners, I've watched ごぼう'replay that he posted on royalflare today (4,3 billions on SA), and was amazed to see that the name he used to save his replay was "GOBOU". %) Maybe you don't know it, but Gobou is the French name of the very famous Pok?mon, Mudkip, I think you've already heard of it. x) Do you know if it's a coincidence ? %)

2 deaths are a lot for 45 seconds considering that bullets needs to respawn and stuff. You go work on that timeout.
Throwing Mt. Tokagushi timeout. =P It took me 19 tries, and I had never faced this spellcard before. ^^  The rest is not worth watching. x)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:37:26 PM by Dusknoir »
I am French, so i'm sorry if I make any mistakes. ^^

« Reply #893 on: July 15, 2011, 06:30:56 AM »
Pacifist Ran :DReplay

marukyuu

• "Why always ATAI?"
  • The strongest striker...?
« Reply #894 on: July 15, 2011, 07:32:22 AM »
Mystic Square Normal 1cc with Reimu and Marisa.

I've already cleared the game with Mima, so only Yuuka is left. Then it'll be Hard Mode time. Go me :toot:
<-- Sig by Suikama

« Reply #895 on: July 15, 2011, 01:55:33 PM »
Throwing Mt. Tokagushi timeout. =P It took me 19 tries, and I had never faced this spellcard before. ^^  The rest is not worth watching. x)

Yeah, I thought so. Nice going about the timeout. I don't recall how many attempts I put in it back when I timed it out for my first time but it was in the 20-30's this time around so I guess you pulled it off faster than me. ;)

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #896 on: July 15, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »
Since I appear to be on a roll, today marks another milestone for me: My first ever Extra clear.  Ran Yakumo defeated with Reimu-B.  In all my attempts at the Extra stage, the only cards I haven't captured even once were Kokkuri-San's Contract and Descent of Izuna Gongen.

Honestly, I think I'll be taking a little break after this!

edit: And I finally got off my lazy butt and corrected myself.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:04:28 PM by Kliff »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #897 on: July 15, 2011, 06:51:53 PM »
That's twice today I managed to perfect SA Stage 5 Lunatic's stage portion. I don't think that's ever happened before. My modifications to the post-midboss sections seem to be working.

Orin, your time is near.

« Reply #898 on: July 15, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
Since I appear to be on a roll, today marks another milestone for me: My first ever Extra clear.  Ran Yakumo defeated with Reimu-B.  In all my attempts at the Extra stage, the only cards I haven't captured even once were Hakkuri-San's Contract and Descent of Izuna Gongen.

:toot:

I know that feeling. Ran is awesome to fight and awesome when you win. Plus, you captured Unilateral Contact, which I still can't get even while attempting to no-death Ran.

And speaking of which, it's a minor one, but ah well, I FINALLY CAPTURED DESCENT OF IZUNA GONGEN! No longer will I be the player who has inexplicably captured Boundary of Life and Death but not Descent of Izuna Gongen. I now haz both :3

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #899 on: July 15, 2011, 11:17:09 PM »
Since I appear to be on a roll, today marks another milestone for me: My first ever Extra clear.  Ran Yakumo defeated with Reimu-B.  In all my attempts at the Extra stage, the only cards I haven't captured even once were Hakkuri-San's Contract and Descent of Izuna Gongen.

*Kokkuri-san's Contract :V

Good job clearing extra, and clearing Unilateral Contact during said run. It took me a while to capture that card. I still haven't captured Kokkuri-san's Contract but I have Boundary of Humans and Youkai

EDIT: I couldn't do Possessed by Phoenix during Spell Practice, so I decided to play Extra for real. Guess who captured Possessed by Phoenix during said run :toot: Also unlocked Imperishable Shooting
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:28:28 AM by Railgami Hiiragi »

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)