Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 148441 times)

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #810 on: July 04, 2011, 03:34:59 AM »
So like

Marine Benefit Lunatic clear. Because you just need that many lives to stock up for the final boss.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #811 on: July 04, 2011, 03:41:15 AM »
July 5th is the day where it's been one year since I started playing Touhou. Within one year, I have

Cleared EoSD Normal and Extra
Cleared PCB Normal, Hard, Extra, and Phantasm
Cleared IN Normal, Hard, and Extra
Cleared PoFV Normal
Cleared MoF Normal, Hard, and Extra
Cleared SA Normal

(I'm not counting Easy mode)

Go me! :3

I have 2 days to clear UFO on Normal, and possibly SA Extra

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #812 on: July 04, 2011, 04:01:06 AM »
July 5th is the day where it's been one year since I started playing Touhou. Within one year, I have

Cleared EoSD Normal and Extra
Cleared PCB Normal, Hard, Extra, and Phantasm
Cleared IN Normal, Hard, and Extra
Cleared PoFV Normal
Cleared MoF Normal, Hard, and Extra
Cleared SA Normal

(I'm not counting Easy mode)

Go me! :3

I have 2 days to clear UFO on Normal, and possibly SA Extra

Geez, I've only got PCB Normal under my belt(Working on Extra bit by bit, though I'm easily distracted by other stuff too), and I've been playing since...March?  Nicely done indeed!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #813 on: July 04, 2011, 10:41:29 PM »
....I think I may be close to 1ccing EoSD Hard. Default lives.
I got past stage 5 without continuing (Reimu B), although I unfortunately didn't get past Sakuya's stage 6 midboss form. But this was when I accidentaly set the bombs to only 2 instead of the usual 3, so I may actually be able to pull off the 1cc given time.

Also captured Meiling's midboss card (can't be bothered to look up the name) on Hard mode for the first time. It was easier than I expected and ended quickly; probably because of Marisa A.

Captured Princess Undine in my Hard attempt as well :3 For some reason this card seems easier than Bury In Lake. I guess I find the bubble bullets less intimidating than the smaller ones. 

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #814 on: July 04, 2011, 11:02:10 PM »
Geez, I've only got PCB Normal under my belt(Working on Extra bit by bit, though I'm easily distracted by other stuff too), and I've been playing since...March?  Nicely done indeed!

Thanks! You'll get Extra done! You can do it! You managed to clear PCB Normal in such a short amount of time. It took me longer to clear it on Normal. Confession: I cleared Extra before I cleared Normal :V

After you clear Extra, Phantasm shouldn't be that big of a problem.

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #815 on: July 05, 2011, 12:09:24 AM »
Finally got to Counter Clock...wow, I was so nervous that I died on the first wave. I had two bombs, too. But I'm getting closer to beating Flan! XD
Started with only two lives and 3 bombs as well. I think this is a good sign.

« Reply #816 on: July 05, 2011, 02:17:51 AM »
Finally managed to record a decent HRtP scorerun. By suiciding about 20 times :V

But as I may have lag (I had some on my last computer, and the PC-98 emulators hate me, so...) I don't know if it's really legit or not.

Score : 13,6 million (Makai)

14 million should be attainable in Makai Route by max-comboing every stage, but that requires quite a bit of luck in stage 8 and 17 (though it's far from impossible). 11 has the annoying tendency to leave cards in the bottom corners after the slide-bomb, and the orb gets stuck all the time at the beginning of 18, so it's already annoying enough like this for me.

Anyway here's that bomb crapfest : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8HWTnPEDW4

"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #817 on: July 05, 2011, 02:32:30 AM »
UFO Stage 4 Lunatic perfect run.

I was half expecting to get destroyed by Murasa's third nonspell, as usual. But I was surprisingly calm when that didn't happen. Glad this one's out of the way.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #818 on: July 05, 2011, 06:11:34 AM »
Ok, so accidentally bombed Shou's rotating green lasers spell card when I almost capped it, but otherwise perfect Shou Hard.

No replay because ACCIDENTAL BOMB MAKES REPLAY USELESS FFFFFFFFFF

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #819 on: July 05, 2011, 06:52:31 AM »
Woot! MS normal 1cc. I know it's not much but I haven't paid that much attention to this one. I've been doing LLS lately.

Also, how did I die?! The beginning of Shinki's fight, I just upchucked and died for no apparent reason! What the heck? (fighting Shinki with no lives wasn't fun at all)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #820 on: July 05, 2011, 03:18:06 PM »
^ Shinki derpbug.

Beat my previous UFO Normal MarisaA record by a nice amount, but I've yet to break 300m :(

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #821 on: July 05, 2011, 06:54:05 PM »
EoSD Extra Stage perfect run!

Hellz yeah. Just after finally relearning Royal Flare too. Flandre's survival card was a surefire case of "never give up, never surrender" (see for yourself), and to top it all off, this was my first ever Q.E.D. capture. It couldn't have come at a better time.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Kliff

• Student of Danmaku
« Reply #822 on: July 05, 2011, 09:12:29 PM »
I may not be quite as good as the rest of you in all of this, but yesterday marked a defining moment in my Touhou-play:  I finally scored my first 1CC of a Windows-era game.  Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Normal, ReimuA.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #823 on: July 05, 2011, 09:46:00 PM »
Cool, congrats.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #824 on: July 06, 2011, 06:29:30 AM »
I may not be quite as good as the rest of you in all of this, but yesterday marked a defining moment in my Touhou-play:  I finally scored my first 1CC of a Windows-era game.  Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, Normal, ReimuA.

« Reply #825 on: July 06, 2011, 01:14:19 PM »

Hmm... your first windows era 1cc eh? Does that mean you don't play easy mode? If that's the case then congrats. EoSD is probably one of the hardest Normal 1ccs. I remember that was one I had trouble with. That and SA.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #826 on: July 06, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »
It's been a long time since I posted in a Touhou Achievement thread.
673m is a personal best. And this run was "on fire" for me.
Reaching Stage 6 with 8 lives? Never before.

Well, achievement unlocked.

:sunglasses:

[/bad joke]

« Reply #827 on: July 06, 2011, 10:21:27 PM »
I keep getting past Starbow Break with only one bomb used. Wondering if I could go for a capture soon-ish.

« Reply #828 on: July 07, 2011, 09:02:23 AM »
Touhou EoSD Hard mode 1cc! right here

My thoughts on it....

Could have used bombs more, perfect stages 4-6

Remi wasn't too bad, wish i could've captured Scarlet meister, i know its not too difficult, just at times badly positioned just like her last spell, but i did manage one thing, after her needle spell, her non spell just immediately activated without most people getting to POC, which i managed to without dying =D but usually i fall for that trap, and die.

EDIT: Touhou 10 MoF Hard 1cc! OMG how can i F**** Up Kanako's 2nd Spell? and that knife one -.- and one final death due to not concentrating at reimu's hitbox led to a death at Source of Rains, and a deathbomb at 0 sec on kanako's final card lolol

Score:  409,472,120

Hehe 2 new Hard 1cc in one day epic.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:35:36 AM by b0xR »

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #829 on: July 07, 2011, 07:05:57 PM »
My best attempt so far at supergrazing the first half of SA Stage 4 (up to the end of midboss-Orin #2).

If there's ever a time when danmaku becomes a "game of pixels", this must be it. :V I'm still hundreds of graze points behind pondeS though.

« Reply #830 on: July 08, 2011, 06:57:46 PM »
These are pretty old but I did a Reimu No Miss No Bomb No Trance No Shot No Focus run of TD trial Normal and a Youmu No Miss No Bomb No Focus and all spell cards captured TD trial Normal. TD is the easiest game ever, even easier than MoF, and MoF is probably the only game that I'm ok-ish at. I hope stage 4 and onward steps it up a bit.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:25:03 PM by 633IDK »
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #831 on: July 09, 2011, 01:13:24 AM »
Hello all, I'm new to this board so I thought this would be a good opportunity to introduce myself a little with some of my achievements
I've been playing Touhou games since i was introduced to them last February or March and this is what I've accomplished:
EoSD - Normal 1cc, Hard 1cc, Extra Clear
PCB - Normal 1cc, Extra Clear, Phantasm Clear
IN - Normal 1cc, Hard 1cc, Extra Clear
PoFV - Normal 1cc
MoF - Normal 1cc, Extra Clear
SA - Normal 1cc (Finally!!)
UFO - Nothing at all! I still have yet to 1cc UFO

And that's most of everything I guess.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #832 on: July 09, 2011, 02:15:30 AM »
So someone challenged me to timeout StB 8-3 after taking a few shots to make it harder. So I did it.

Also timed out Ex-4 (BoWaP) as well. That wasn't so bad, after I learned that safespots hurrrrrrrrrr

Youtube of both

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #833 on: July 09, 2011, 11:34:31 AM »
Boo-yah, semi-perfect MoF Stage 5 Lunatic while preparing for a 1CC, used two bombs for scoring purposes in otherwise easy non-boss parts, don't think I would have used them had I known what this would be turning into. Still, nice to know that I can pull this off.

« Reply #834 on: July 09, 2011, 08:46:43 PM »
TD is the easiest game ever
Hopefully things will pick up during the last three stages!  ;)

Hello all, I'm new to this board so I thought this would be a good opportunity to introduce myself a little with some of my achievements

Welcome around. Pretty new to this series huh? Your accomplishments aren't bad for your playtime. Good luck with UFO.

Ozzy

• Veteran Danmakufu Scripter
  • Currently working on a full Touhou fangame!
« Reply #835 on: July 10, 2011, 01:27:09 AM »
Welcome around. Pretty new to this series huh? Your accomplishments aren't bad for your playtime. Good luck with UFO.

Thanks! This series has had a bit of an addicting effect for me since I was introduced. I hope to 1cc UFO soon but it's extremely easy to mess up the ufo collecting (at least for me). And i sort of get frustrated easily at unexpected deaths, so 1 mistake tends to snowball into many.

« Reply #836 on: July 10, 2011, 01:55:14 PM »
That UFO collection can be a bother. I always have bad luck with it. Either the UFO's I need always fly somewhere I can't get to them or they swap colors just before I pick em' up. I haven't 1cc'd the game either. Not at my preferred difficulty level anyway.

I hit up Satori a couple of times today and I managed to get myself timeouts of all her stuff. Outside of FIN, its nothing new however. DBDB is still quite a mouthful for me. It took about 8 attempts to do it.

I also had a most epic attempt against FIN where I died at the last few seconds. That spell is a lot of fun. Especially when you realize the benefits of moving around a lot instead of treating it like conventional streaming.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #837 on: July 10, 2011, 02:55:07 PM »
Why is it I don't play against Satori that much? She's still quite fun despite only having two randomized attacks (with ReimuA at least). Went through her once earlier. Still died on DBDB, but somehow it didn't feel as difficult as it used to be. I also got another FIN capture and pulled off the BoWaP safespot (for scoring practice of course). And yeah, FIN's streaming feels more like something out of a Cave game with the larger motions you need (even if it's not as fast :V).

« Reply #838 on: July 10, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »
TD is the easiest game ever, even easier than MoF, and MoF is probably the only game that I'm ok-ish at. I hope stage 4 and onward steps it up a bit.
Really?  I thought it was sorta tough'ish.  Nothing like UFO, but maybe around SA level.  Still can't get my NMNBNT run, I keep one mistaking Yoshika, usually on her last nonspell for some reason.

Oh, and happy birthday Funen!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #839 on: July 10, 2011, 06:10:22 PM »
Well, my birthday was yesterday, but thanks. ;)

Back on-topic, getting more consistent at supergrazing the first half of SA Stage 4. Only problem is, following every step to the letter in Practice Mode means I can't do the same for the second half. So it seems the only time I'll be able to do a full stage scoring run is in a full game scoring run...