Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 148469 times)

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #690 on: June 11, 2011, 05:24:04 AM »
th11 Hard with all characters.
th125 all characters all scenes clear.
Signature

ark

• みょん
« Reply #691 on: June 11, 2011, 07:37:04 AM »
First ever capture of Guest Stars; now all MoF cards have been captured.

And on that run, no miss/no bomb stage 5 yay

replay and youtube
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 08:44:34 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #692 on: June 11, 2011, 05:56:01 PM »
I play on Lunatic, but can't 1cc yet, I'll get there one day.

Awesome. You will certainly get there if you keep up that attitude.

« Reply #693 on: June 11, 2011, 07:10:40 PM »
Not really sure where to post this, so I'll dump it here.  I think I'm the weirdo in a group of normal people.  I can't play Border Team worth shit, but Netherworld Team turns Lunatic into a cakewalk.  Surely I can't be the only one like this...

« Reply #694 on: June 11, 2011, 07:13:00 PM »
Netherworld team does make Lunatic easier than with Border Team. I still do better with Border Team because I always derp with the ghost team due to bigger hitbox and less deathbomb time when I mess up. But Netherworld team pretty much destroys Border Team in effectiveness.

« Reply #695 on: June 12, 2011, 02:19:53 AM »
EoSD Normal 1cc Reimu A
Almost got past Ca...um....Catadioptric for the first time, but not quite.
Got past Starbow Break using only one bomb, but only because some very lucky dodges were made. Honestly, I don't really think this card is that hard. I struggle more with Cranberry Trap, to be honest.
Also captured Kagome, Kagome.

Maze of Love, on the other hand, I hate with a burning passion.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #696 on: June 12, 2011, 03:15:22 AM »
Border Team is for people who feel like they need homing and the extended deathbomb timer (it's already long as hell for others). Deathbombing as Yukari gives Reimu's godly deathbomb, but it burns through bombs waaay quickly.

Comparatively, bombing as Youmu gives some of the highest bomb damage in the game, and using Yuyuko's deathbomb when you only have one left gives the strongest deathbomb. Yuyuko's spread also kills every stage, and Youmu... Well, strongest shot~

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #697 on: June 12, 2011, 04:13:53 AM »
IN Lunatic Cleared with Border team...though that was with 3 continues. My main objective was to unlock Stage 3 for practice, but I decided to see how far I can go before 0500.

Additionally, I unlocked Marisa's and Reisen's Last Spell that run XD

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #698 on: June 12, 2011, 04:54:48 AM »
Netherworld team does make Lunatic easier than with Border Team. I still do better with Border Team because I always derp with the ghost team due to bigger hitbox and less deathbomb time when I mess up. But Netherworld team pretty much destroys Border Team in effectiveness.

If you're almost permafocused against bosses, Yukari's higher damage at distances and homing make her better for bosses.  Personally, I prefer Ghost team because Youmu's absurd damage, although I'd probably do better with border team due to how reckless and bad I am.

« Reply #699 on: June 12, 2011, 05:03:22 AM »
Maybe that's it.  I usually no-focus everything except stages (if I need to not kill familiars) or if I need to make some tight dodges, so I get lots of Youmu time (plus stage-trivializing Yuyu).

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #700 on: June 12, 2011, 06:01:24 AM »
I love making progress with scorerunning. Because then I can whip out things like this. I still need to learn the midboss card and most of boss-Yuugi herself, but I'm getting way more consistent at everything else. I should be able to break 7000 graze in the stage portion alone once I learn that card.

Probably the only place I'd agree that Netherworld Team is better for survival is Stage 3, since its enemies can flood the screen very quickly (Yuyuko's spread clears them out before they do) and Keine seems to emphasize killing familiars more so than other bosses (super-strong Youmu shot is super-strong). All the other stage portions aren't hectic/difficult enough to really warrant one team over the other IMO, but the relatively skinny bosses are arguably best dealt with using forward-focus (as is typical for this series). Yukari has the smaller hitbox, which is always better suited for this type of game, and she is also a "focused" shot unlike Youmu, making her movement feel more natural during micrododging sections (and let's be honest, it takes some getting used to the "tap focus then tap arrowkey" technique Youmu's shot calls for). The longer deathbomb timer is there, but obviously it's not something one should rely on anyway. There's also the fact that Reimu is immune to all familiar collision damage, though that's kind of situational.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #701 on: June 12, 2011, 10:58:50 AM »
But Netherworld team pretty much destroys Border Team in effectiveness.

Does not. That's how it is. As Funen said there is only 1 actual spot where the Border Team is inferior and that is Stage 3. And that can be handled just fine with Border Team too. It will just be a bit harder for them.
Calling them effective is probably not the best choice of words since battles will probably take longer with them if anything.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #702 on: June 12, 2011, 01:09:08 PM »
1cc'd HRtP
Spoiler:
iji modo

Heh.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #703 on: June 13, 2011, 01:15:54 AM »
Captured Curse of the Heavens "Apollo 13" Lunatic but I used the safespot Xp Youtube - Replay

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #704 on: June 13, 2011, 02:05:30 AM »
IN Stage 3 Lunatic perfect run.

Damn, when was the last time I pulled off a single-stage accomplishment like this? Feels like forever. Anyway, done with Border Team because of that one debate earlier on this page. :V They're really not that inferior to the Netherworld Team in the stage portion after all. Keine took a bit of time to relearn her memorizeable stuff, and I just decided to go completely unfocused for Ephemerality 137 (save for the end).
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #705 on: June 13, 2011, 08:57:55 AM »
That was a new way to go about it. I usually start out by shotgunning the enemies at close range and then moving all around the place. It seems there isn't any call for Netherworld Team at all.  :V

« Reply #706 on: June 13, 2011, 09:34:50 AM »
My first completed Lunatic run without continues! Hooray!

...Yes, it was LLS. >_> Still, I'm pleased with myself.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #707 on: June 13, 2011, 10:44:08 AM »
1cc'd SoEW Hard with ReimuC. \m/

Maybe I'll retry Extra sometime, guh.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #708 on: June 13, 2011, 03:56:34 PM »
Yuyuko's Last Word timed out

Every time I got to the part where it was glitching out was a relief as I find that part easiest, but I would always derp it, until this try.

I'm not sure how many people got this one before I did.

« Reply #709 on: June 13, 2011, 07:44:02 PM »
Today's been a good day for accomplishments...After seven months, I finally reached my original goal from when I started playing Touhou and defeated Ran. With an extra life to spare no less. Hooray!  :3

« Reply #710 on: June 13, 2011, 07:57:28 PM »
I'm not sure how many people got this one before I did.

Me, Donut, Jaimers, Baity and SP are the only ones that comes to mind for me. Its pretty exclusive nevertheless. Good job with it.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #711 on: June 13, 2011, 11:11:25 PM »
Another UFO lunatic 1cc. I should feel bad that I'm pulling these out so easily now. :( 2/1 though, and there were at least two deaths with full bombs that came because I didn't want to bomb yet.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #712 on: June 13, 2011, 11:30:32 PM »
Yes finally! Resurrection Butterfly -80% Reflowering- recaptured! All that work with Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana this afternoon paid off after all. And no, I haven't timed out that card yet. 600 attempts and counting, but I honestly don't consider it as having the "time-out quality" of VoWG.

« Reply #713 on: June 13, 2011, 11:48:39 PM »
That's what you might think at first but then you like realize that its fucking awesome and go grind it some more. Its good for dodging muscles too!

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #714 on: June 14, 2011, 12:07:03 AM »
Well whadayaknow? Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana successfully timed out, and less than 30 attempts after my last post too. :V

The reason I think it's not as good as VoWG is that it doesn't feel like a complete test of dodging skills. I know there's dodging the main lines of red butterflies, but more often than not you hardly have to move around for those. Not to mention that said main lines of red butterflies weren't even what killed me most, but rather their secondary waves fucking hiding behind the blue and purple ones. I might play it again to make sure I can read the red waves correctly, and only because I still want to perfect Yuyuko at some point. Other than that, good riddance I say.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #715 on: June 14, 2011, 12:08:45 AM »
I hate Border Team. I'll try Magic Team now...

See below
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:59:28 AM by みゅーキュゥ »

« Reply #716 on: June 14, 2011, 01:01:08 AM »
Well whadayaknow? Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana successfully timed out, and less than 30 attempts after my last post too. :V

The reason I think it's not as good as VoWG is that it doesn't feel like a complete test of dodging skills. I know there's dodging the main lines of red butterflies, but more often than not you hardly have to move around for those. Not to mention that said main lines of red butterflies weren't even what killed me most, but rather their secondary waves fucking hiding behind the blue and purple ones. I might play it again to make sure I can read the red waves correctly, and only because I still want to perfect Yuyuko at some point. Other than that, good riddance I say.

Those red butterflies hiding under the blue ones only made it more fun.  :V

Well uhmm... congratulations. Now I'll just go cry somewhere knowing that another one of my great accomplishments is being trivialized. :(

« Reply #717 on: June 14, 2011, 01:03:01 AM »
I know there's dodging the main lines of red butterflies, but more often than not you hardly have to move around for those. Not to mention that said main lines of red butterflies weren't even what killed me most, but rather their secondary waves fucking hiding behind the blue and purple ones.

So much that. That was what killed me most. Really though, I wasn't really reading the main lines by the time I did it. It was more of memorizing certain angles, whether to move forward, to the back, or to the sides for them, whether to slowly move or to rush unfocused, etc. There was some read and dodge involved, but most of it was figuring out the patterns and properly executing it, and not getting luckscrewed by reds hiding behind the others or derping.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #718 on: June 14, 2011, 01:25:19 AM »
Yes! Finally, After this score run here, I have just achieved a new personal best of 320 million, and on a related note, I can stop playing Easy as it is now "stamped".
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #719 on: June 14, 2011, 02:59:44 AM »
(Moved from edited post)

For fast spell cards, use fast characters!
The end, say, 45 seconds left and later was getting pretty intense.
That second-last wave, I honestly had to guess where my character even was.