Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 148451 times)

Lord Scalgon

• Trying to get used to things...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #420 on: April 22, 2011, 11:09:18 PM »
I personally avoid using her when playing versus matches, due to how she limits space when you (or whoever is fighting her) don't have a bomb available, but the AI's problem seems to be exactly the opposite of what we would have: they don't detect the lasers, but have little problems against the micrododging iirc. Anyways, I guess you didn't capitalize on Marisa's lasers so, congratulations for your effort and achievement!

I had no idea the AI still remains unaware of Marisa's lasers, even to this day (no wonder Sikieiki was snuffed out by a laser).  Well, you learn something new after all.  At least I can sit back and relax while having the achievement under my belt. :D
Current ambition: NBND VoWG timeout.  Best run: NB1D

Polttopallo

• /人◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
« Reply #421 on: April 23, 2011, 12:44:54 AM »
I personally avoid using her when playing versus matches, due to how she limits space when you (or whoever is fighting her) don't have a bomb available, but the AI's problem seems to be exactly the opposite of what we would have: they don't detect the lasers, but have little problems against the micrododging iirc. Anyways, I guess you didn't capitalize on Marisa's lasers so, congratulations for your effort and achievement!

Try lunatic match mode. Use Marisa and play against Aya. AI never takes any damage, you can't win.

example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yIiyJASA4

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #422 on: April 23, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »

Sampson

• Magical Pudding Sage
  • Fulfilling flan fantasies everywhere!
« Reply #423 on: April 23, 2011, 04:49:18 PM »
Good night, sweet Shikieiki.  Don't hit the door on your way out.

...And that would be the first Touhou game I've 1cc'd on Hard.  Not counting LLS, because it's so easy it's criminal.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #424 on: April 23, 2011, 05:59:44 PM »
10D lunatic 1cc with Reimu, now Youmu's the only one left (oh god, don't even want to think about it. ;_;).

Just as I suspected, I figured out the trick to Yoshika's last spell card and managed to capture it. Tricky, tricky.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2011, 02:25:13 AM »
Try lunatic match mode. Use Marisa and play against Aya. AI never takes any damage, you can't win.

example here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-yIiyJASA4

- 1cc'd Lunatic Story Mode with Marisa, got a lot of points from Aya
- died a lot of times against Siki (reached her with 6 lives iirc, ended with 3)
- game crashed as I tried to save the replay (score was over 150 million)
- I was about to post here, then I saw "Match Mode"
- went to Match Mode and then Aya proceeds to redefine the word micrododging into "micrododging before Aya" and "micrododing after Aya"
- manage to get her to the last health bar on the first round, then die, then fail apart on the second round: http://www.mediafire.com/file/48zldp9b1th0wb6/PoFV_-_Lunatic_Match_Marisa_vs_Aya_-_2011-04-23.rar  (Gensokyo Replay Uploader's not working for PoFV atm, gives me an SQL error)
- I watch the replay and then saw Aya micrododge within the confinement of two laser beams, and micrododge the volley of blue stars from Marisa's boss attack which was supposed to corner her at the bottom right.. and come to the conclusion that beating her isn't impossible, but is something kinda out of my control :(  (you need to corner her somehow, when she doesn't have bombs, and this largely depends on your lasers to limit her space)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #426 on: April 26, 2011, 03:14:36 AM »
FINALLY.

10D lunatic 1cc with Youmu. That was extremely painful and I can't imagine what doing this in the full version would be like. Well, that's all four shot types. Time to wait  for the full version~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #427 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:54 AM »
10D Lunatic 1cc, Reimu~

Gives you waaay too many resources.

Edit: and now with Marisa and Sanae.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:43:40 AM by Fast Fanatic »

« Reply #428 on: April 27, 2011, 05:18:45 PM »
Timeout of Endless Evening Cherry Blossoms on lunatic in my dreams.  ;)

Ha ha. I did a  1 death pacifist run of SA stage 4 with ReimuB on Normal, considering my skill level this is pretty good I guess. The death is silly and not in a difficult place, so I'm ok with it, perfect Satori is more important. I play her final card in a stupid way and end up having to work harder than I should for that last spells timeout.

I think SA stage 4 is pretty easy, I doubt I'd be able to make a run this clean in any of the other games.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #429 on: April 28, 2011, 05:20:55 AM »
Huzzah ufo extra clear with marisa-B.  That wasn't too bad there were some dum mistakes but the highlight is obv when I captured grudge bow o/ ill post the replay later
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #430 on: April 29, 2011, 11:18:19 AM »
Finally managed to get a good recording of Ten Desires. The game suddenly wanted to record with no issues at 60 FPS on a 2.6ghz quad core machine while it it refused to go above 50FPS on a 3.2 ghz machine. Odd. But i'll take it.

I have made a video here if anyone wants to see it. Its a 1-miss Lunatic 1cc of the demo complete with amazing commentary and educated opinions.  :V

« Reply #431 on: April 29, 2011, 03:56:45 PM »
Got to Lunatic Shou on 1 credit with ReimuA. game overed on walls of justice. Still, the times I got to Byakuren were with ReimuB, and since this is ReimuA instead, I guess it's still somewhat progress.

Edit: Murasa's survival Lunatic captured, although I couldn't do it again. Also, timed out Ichirin's hook combo card, though it's still bad.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:38:25 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #432 on: April 29, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »
SA Normal Stage 4 Practice with ReimuKari

Finally caught Flying Insect's Nest and managed to safespot BoWaP properly (*though I died during BoWaP before I decided to bomb and attempted to safespot it*)

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #433 on: April 29, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »
SA Normal Stage 4 Practice with ReimuKari

Finally caught Flying Insect's Nest and managed to safespot BoWaP properly (*though I died during BoWaP before I decided to bomb and attempted to safespot it*)
That safespot's fun. Problem with me capping it is I always bomb to safespot after it starts, so it defeats the purpose really. I need better timing. Though that spell's safespot is weird, because I can stay there and attempt to time it out, but it always kills me, when I never move during the whole thing. Not sure why. Maybe the orientation of the bullets created or the spot they are created change over time?
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

ark

• みょん
« Reply #434 on: April 29, 2011, 10:16:07 PM »
BoWaP is completely static. I've been killed by Satori moving slightly after it dies, though.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #435 on: April 30, 2011, 02:32:53 AM »
EoSD Normal MarisaA 1CC just now :D

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #436 on: May 01, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »
EoSD Hard 1CC 0/0

Doubles as "HELL YEAH I CAPPED SCARLET GENSOKYO WHO DA MAN?"

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #437 on: May 01, 2011, 05:26:30 PM »
Shuusou Gyoku perfect stage 5 lunatic.

Found out that the MIDBOSS OF DOOM actually has a few tricks to it that make it a lot easier.
Why is stage 5 so much easier than stage 4?

I also pulled off the stage-long chain by the way.  :smug: BV

EDIT:

WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

I SOMEHOW DID A PERFECT STAGE 4

HOLY SHIT
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 06:27:05 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #438 on: May 01, 2011, 08:31:39 PM »
So a few tries at Lunatic Byakuren after downloading a score.dat with her unlocked,

Superhuman captured second try
Superhuman timed out the next try after the capture(then I forgot to save the replay)
Devil's Recitation capture

Going to probably need to get to her with a lot of lives and bombs to 1cc her though. I'm terrible at the fight pretty much.

Edit: Magic Milky Way capture and another Devil's Recitation capture. This actually leaves only 3 cards I've yet to capture in UFO. The three that I still need to capture, whether they be on my score.dat or not are Byakuren's second, LFO, and Greatest Treasure, and I got a 1DNB of LFO once.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:31:01 PM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #439 on: May 01, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #440 on: May 02, 2011, 02:13:57 AM »
First 1cc of PCB Easy. But I did horribly. I almost didn't even make it.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #441 on: May 02, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »
I captured Yoshika's last card on Hard.

Except I got bugged out, so I couldn't get a replay.

« Reply #442 on: May 03, 2011, 06:11:07 PM »
I got a no death run of MoF extra. Perfect Kanako and perfect Suwako up until the green streaming non-spell where I bombed to safely collect items. Only failed Suwa war and Misaguji-sama.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

« Reply #443 on: May 03, 2011, 06:35:30 PM »
Forgot to post this a few days ago.  ReimuB UFO 1cc (only Marisa left!) in which I captured Shou's spinning green laser swords.  Hooray!

ark

• みょん
« Reply #444 on: May 03, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »
ReimuB sure makes that card easy, doesn't it? :)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #445 on: May 04, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »
TD Hard Demo 1cc yesterday.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #446 on: May 04, 2011, 08:20:13 PM »
EoSD ReimuB 1cc. Also Fairy Wars A-1 normal 1cc (first normal 1cc since I don't play the game much)

« Reply #447 on: May 04, 2011, 10:55:36 PM »
Yayifications!  MarisaA UFO 1cc, no focus.  Also captured Murasa's timeout :3.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #448 on: May 05, 2011, 01:54:08 AM »
Only have MarisaB left before I complete UFO Normal with everyone!

(SA, on the other hand, is a different story entirely. :colonveeplusalpha: )

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #449 on: May 05, 2011, 01:57:50 AM »
Complete Clarification timeout(no replay). I really suck at that card.