Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 148517 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XI - Lunatics Only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #240 on: March 27, 2011, 06:54:31 PM »
interesting challenge there. At first I thought I could deal with the pre-Keine Stage portion without bombs. What I didn't know was that those things never ever stop firing. Standard IN-tradecraft. Perfect pacifism? No way.

So. After planning when to use bombs I managed to survive your challenge and get to Mokou with two lives in stock. I wouldn't be able to pacify her entire fight with that level of resources so I just cleared her normally ending. It was a poor Mokou run due to rustiness but whatever.

« Reply #241 on: March 27, 2011, 08:20:02 PM »
pacifist challenge
planned bombs

uhhh

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #242 on: March 27, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »
Yeah, planned bombs on a pacifist challenge. Problems?  :V

But in all seriousness, I wouldn't be able to do make it through this stage without shooting/bombing in a bajillion years. And many people wouldn't either. Hell, the fairies in the beggining are pretty impossible when combined together... Plus these god-forsaken ying-yang orbs  :ohdear:

« Reply #243 on: March 27, 2011, 08:40:09 PM »
uhhh

In this case the bombs are necessary. I for one would like to see how you would handle the stuff that happens on the IN Extra Stage if you don't bomb.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #244 on: March 27, 2011, 09:47:34 PM »
IN Extra pacifist with bombs has been done, but it should be fun to try nonetheless.

edit: Wait, the one I was thinking was just pacifist Mokou with bombs, not the stage too. Hmm.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #245 on: March 27, 2011, 10:20:09 PM »
Man, everyone should go and play this danmakufu script.
It's like a combination of Touhou, Cave and Yagawa and it's beyond awesome (it even has a reddo (rank) gauge!  :*).
The scoring system is also pretty kick-ass.

Already 1cc'd Standard and Advanced but Unlimited mode is something else.
It doesn't let me practice stage 6 even after 1cc'ing it though, not sure what's up with that.

« Reply #246 on: March 27, 2011, 11:10:50 PM »
Blah, JP script, can't run it =(.  Why you gotta tease me like that Jaimers?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #247 on: March 27, 2011, 11:26:02 PM »
It's like a combination of Touhou, Cave and Yagawa and it's beyond awesome (it even has a reddo (rank) gauge!  :*).
!!!!!
E: I'm positively sure this is a massive upgrade of Phantasm Romance. YEHH
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:01:28 AM by Zengar Zombolt, Master of Pizza »

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2011, 01:14:36 AM »
:o
Oh, that is FUN! There's way too many cool designs in there. Just too bad I can't get rid of lag from danmakufu, which makes the last stage's stage portion incredibly slow. Ah well. (first run I continued 3 times on standard. hoping for better (and less lag))
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2011, 04:08:56 AM »
The scoring system is also pretty kick-ass.

Already 1cc'd Standard and Advanced but Unlimited mode is something else.
It doesn't let me practice stage 6 even after 1cc'ing it though, not sure what's up with that.

Scoring system info where?!!!

Anyways, I'll vote this over Thunder Dragon 2 for next SotW game, once the scoring system is clear enough :D

Also, what does all these bars do? (Red and those at the bottom of the screen)
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2011, 04:48:53 AM »
Oh god Yuka's theme

:V

Nyyl

• 弾幕に頭脳?馬鹿じゃないのか?
  • 弾幕はパワーだよ
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2011, 05:06:01 AM »
this is ludicrously fun and it's scores are ludicrously preposterous. i like it.

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2011, 05:12:52 AM »
How the hell do you download it? The little text box above the button looks like an anti-bot measure, but I can't for the life of me figure out what you're supposed to put in it. Lousy goddamn stupid moonrunes.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2011, 05:15:56 AM »
How the hell do you download it? The little text box above the button looks like an anti-bot measure, but I can't for the life of me figure out what you're supposed to put in it. Lousy goddamn stupid moonrunes.
Do you see the picture thing to the far right of it? Type in the two numbers you find there and then hit the button. Then hit another button on the next page, and then the link that says to download on the next. Then it should pop up automatically.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2011, 05:19:27 AM »
Not bad, not bad at all. It was like Phantasm Romance, but...not. The gameplay was much improved (though there were still a lot of silly sudden death attacks only death bombs saved me from), but sadly the music is not near as engaging. Also I have a feeling I'm never going to get to see the extra stage this time. :( Anyway, sightread 1cc'd standard mode, though my lives began dwindling fast near the end.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2011, 05:22:05 AM »
Aha~ I feel stupid. I totally missed that captcha. If it had been a bullet, it would've put me to sleep, and then somehow killed me anyway. 'Cuz, y'know, my luck's like that. Downloading~ waiting warmly~ ♫~

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2011, 05:35:12 AM »
Also, what does all these bars do? (Red and those at the bottom of the screen)
First one is point items. It fills, everything clears and you get an extend on the middle of the screen.
Second one is multiplier items. Same happens but you get a bomb.
Third one is graze. When it fills every bullet is now a multiplier item.

« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2011, 05:36:44 AM »
Not bad, not bad at all. It was like Phantasm Romance, but...not. The gameplay was much improved (though there were still a lot of silly sudden death attacks only death bombs saved me from), but sadly the music is not near as engaging. Also I have a feeling I'm never going to get to see the extra stage this time. :( Anyway, sightread 1cc'd standard mode, though my lives began dwindling fast near the end.

Congratulatioooooooooooooons! \o/ *happy dance*

(off-topic, sorry) I wish I could willingly ignore score.. trying to attain and maintain x999 (for those who don't know, you can use the C button to convert point items into multiplier items up to a maximum of x999) and then going for point items is killing me.. I don't know when the graze cancel is going to be activated, or how much harm would bombing do to my score potential/multiplier.. and to make this paragraph more off-topic.. what are the differences between the modes? (are there Extra stages like in Phantasm Romance?)

I seriously wanna merge the Phantasm Romance score thread with this game, but for this I'd have to know if this is the "final" version of this script (so I don't have to "invalidate" scores from previous versions later)..

edit: thank you for the information, Zengar ^__^
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:38:33 AM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2011, 07:15:06 AM »
Testing unlimited mode on stages 1-5, it seems like they're almost completely different games. The differences between difficulty levels is much larger than in official Touhou games, and in many cases the bosses are completely different. Also, I don't think it's right to merge this with Phantasm Romance; the characters used (on standard mode) and general stage design may be similar, but it's more taking the ideas from Phantasm Romance and retooling them into a different game altogether.

Different...completely...games...

* Donut checks thesaurus while grumbling
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2011, 07:40:37 AM »
Here's what I've ascertained out of the scoring system so far:

It's a combination of chaining and increasing the multiplier with gold. The chaining meter in the lower-right corner can be maintained by shooting enemies and picking up point items. If the meter drops your multiplier will drop like a rock.
When you stop shooting, an aura will surround you that will convert point items to gold. Once you reach a 999 multiplier on Advanced and Unlimited, enemies will spawn a ton of suicide bullets and you gain a different aura that will duplicate point items that you touch.

POC'ing will increase the rank. Collecting gold and bombing reduces the rank. Dying does not surprisingly.

EDIT:
(though there were still a lot of silly sudden death attacks only death bombs saved me from)
.  :V
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:11:22 AM by Jaimers »

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2011, 08:28:08 AM »
EDIT:.  :V
You can play as Morrigan?!?!?!?

Jaimers

« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2011, 02:15:34 PM »
You can play as Morrigan?!?!?!?

You can unlock her when you select a shottype character that has big hooters.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2011, 04:42:32 PM »
You can unlock her when you select a shottype character that has big hooters.
>Tavia
>Marion
>Valpiro
???

« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2011, 05:18:18 PM »
I seriously wanna merge the Phantasm Romance score thread with this game, but for this I'd have to know if this is the "final" version of this script (so I don't have to "invalidate" scores from previous versions later)..

Do it.

Not sure if it'll work for me yet as I need to redownload danmakafu, hopefully it will.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »

Whoever said I was good at dodging?! I captured her first 4 cards which really set things in motion. Maze of Love needs to die in a fire, though. I get better results by micrododging at the screen's edge. Let's see now, that makes 6 extra bosses thus far.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2011, 06:57:01 PM »
Tried that script Jaimers linked me to and it has some pretty cool bosses but pretty repetetive stages. Jus' too bad vsync doesn't work for me. Couldn't even 1cc the easiest setting. Got to the final boss though and she had cool attacks but as I only had one life I couldn't make it.

I didn't like the 6th stage though. Those blocks kept trapping me.

Jaimers

« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2011, 08:11:09 PM »
>Tavia
>Marion
>Valpiro
???

Oh wait we are actually talking about Gunbird 2? Erm derp  :V

In any case, shmups farm says that Morrigan is a Dreamcast only character.
Also, check out the guy's other PRO reviews. They're all awesome.

EDIT:
but pretty repetetive stages.

skor and cum rainbows
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 08:16:49 PM by Jaimers »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #268 on: March 29, 2011, 05:04:30 AM »
Decided to boot up IN and play Extra with Magic team out of the blue. Somehow managed to clear it in one try. (Well, three, but the first one I messed up colelction and decided to restart, and the second one I died before the midboss and decided to restart).

Somehow, I managed to fail Flying Phoenix and Flaw of Forgiven Shrine, then proceeded to capture Fujiyama Volcano. And Hourai Doll too, but that card is pathetically easy for me nowadays.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #269 on: March 29, 2011, 06:32:21 AM »
Alright, now play it with Scarlet Team for the tournament! :D