Author Topic: Iku Quest P?t: A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 65704 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Iku Quest P?t: A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #930 on: December 14, 2010, 06:36:35 PM »
> Apologies if the repeated charging prompts are getting annoying. I've just decided to stop taking unnecessary risks with tiny details, given how this game has been going for the last 1500 posts.
> (Keep charging.)
> "We don't have to keep at this."
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #931 on: December 14, 2010, 06:55:13 PM »
> (Keep charging.)

> As you read the scroll, it disappears. This is a charging scroll.
> What do you want to charge? [h-q or ?*] q
> Your wand of lightning vibrates violently, and explodes!

> How is the weather? Is the storm still going while Sameko is occupied with us?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #932 on: December 14, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »
> Apologies if the repeated charging prompts are getting annoying. I've just decided to stop taking unnecessary risks with tiny details, given how this game has been going for the last 1500 posts.
> (Keep charging.)
> "We don't have to keep at this."

>Completely understood. There is no harm in checking. Please forgive if i overlook one.
>"You barge into my air," says Sameko as she collects herself, "disrespect me in my home, and you expect me to just forget about it all?"

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #933 on: December 14, 2010, 07:35:17 PM »
> Keep on chargin'
> "I didn't mean to do either of those, but all I can do is apologize."

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #934 on: December 14, 2010, 07:43:21 PM »
> Keep on chargin'
> "I didn't mean to do either of those, but all I can do is apologize."

>Sameko snorts.

>_

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #935 on: December 14, 2010, 07:44:53 PM »
> Keep on chargin'
> "...You do realize I'm not from around here, correct?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #936 on: December 14, 2010, 08:09:15 PM »
> Keep on chargin'
> "...You do realize I'm not from around here, correct?"

>You keep building.
>"Don't care," Sameko says. "Could've backed yourself out of my air, couldn't ya?"

>_

« Reply #937 on: December 14, 2010, 08:13:19 PM »
>"I told you that I needed to pass this way. I have to reach the mountains. If you had not tried to attack me, I would already be gone from this place."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #938 on: December 14, 2010, 08:16:34 PM »
>"I told you that I needed to pass this way. I have to reach the mountains. If you had not tried to attack me, I would already be gone from this place."

>"And if you weren't such a unrespectful piece of shit," she says, "I wouldn't have to beat the shit out of you, huh?"

>_

« Reply #939 on: December 14, 2010, 08:24:11 PM »
>"I believe we have very different definitions of respect, I'm afraid. In the realm I come from, people do not attack travelers for passing through their domain."
>Approximately how far away is Sameko?
>What shape does she look to be in?
>Quick appraisal of surrounding terrain / obstacles

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #940 on: December 14, 2010, 08:30:19 PM »
This may be Pocky and Brocky paranoia resurfacing, but I have a sudden small worry that Sameko is preparing something.

Not that we aren't as well, but we know what we can do, and we don't know what she can do.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #941 on: December 14, 2010, 08:44:15 PM »
>"I believe we have very different definitions of respect, I'm afraid. In the realm I come from, people do not attack travelers for passing through their domain."
>Approximately how far away is Sameko?
>What shape does she look to be in?
>Quick appraisal of surrounding terrain / obstacles

>"Well guess where you aren't at, huh?" says Sameko, ;"Because if trespassers go around with no respect, mouthing off to you, then trespass anyways that's your damn fault for not keeping up respect!"
>Sameko's nose is bleeding steadily, and she's still massaging her left hand. She's got a few danmaku burns as well.
>You're in the forest; in a lightly wooded area. There are trees all around you, but you still have room to move about freely. There is a downed log to your right.

>_

« Reply #942 on: December 14, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »
>How close is our charge to full? How long do we think we need to get a good blinding going?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #943 on: December 14, 2010, 09:08:13 PM »
>How close is our charge to full? How long do we think we need to get a good blinding going?

>You think you could do a fine now now.

>_

« Reply #944 on: December 14, 2010, 09:10:05 PM »
>Are there any rocks nearby of appropriate size to use as a bludgeoning instrument?

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #945 on: December 14, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »
Suggestion: Agitate her with some danmaku instead of going right for the flash. Better to get it off when our target is on the offensive than when they're on the defensive.

Man, Shinki's going to kill us for introducing so much light to her realm.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

« Reply #946 on: December 14, 2010, 09:37:11 PM »
Suggestion: Agitate her with some danmaku instead of going right for the flash. Better to get it off when our target is on the offensive than when they're on the defensive.

Was planning on it.

Man, Shinki's going to kill us for introducing so much light to her realm.

Hey, it's just lightning. They get lightning on their own, presumably. If anything, especially scarily strong lightning is in-theme for the place.
Besides, at least you can talk with Shinki. >.>

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #947 on: December 14, 2010, 09:39:19 PM »
I wouldn't bet on it. This game has a track record of throwing people at us that are either condescending, unreasonable or simply hate our guts (or any combination thereof) when we talk to them. Something gives me a nasty feeling Shinki's going to be loads of 1 with a side serving of 2.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #948 on: December 14, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
>Are there any rocks nearby of appropriate size to use as a bludgeoning instrument?

>No rocks, but you do note a stout-looking stick behind Sameko a ways.

>_

« Reply #949 on: December 14, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »
>"Then I guess there's nothing left but to end this?"
>Slowly and casually shift while we talk, so that the downed log is a very short distance behind us, and directly in the line from Sameko to us
>Defensive posture. Get ready for a charge.
>If she starts to move forward, launch a spray of danmaku at her and be ready to unleash the flash bolt with enough time to get out of her charge afterwards

I wouldn't bet on it. This game has a track record of throwing people at us that are either condescending, unreasonable or simply hate our guts (or any combination thereof) when we talk to them. Something gives me a nasty feeling Shinki's going to be loads of 1 with a side serving of 2.

No argument on the track record, certainly. On the other hand, given the politics of the Celestial Bureaucracy, it might be rather unwise for her to directly harm us, given our own position. She, presumably, has at least some concern for the power structures of the universe. Of course, we also haven't seen her character in action very much at all, so I could be entirely off-base.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #950 on: December 14, 2010, 10:09:53 PM »
>"Then I guess there's nothing left but to end this?"
>Slowly and casually shift while we talk, so that the downed log is a very short distance behind us, and directly in the line from Sameko to us
>Defensive posture. Get ready for a charge.
>If she starts to move forward, launch a spray of danmaku at her and be ready to unleash the flash bolt with enough time to get out of her charge afterwards

>"Figured you were nothing but talk!" says Sameko, charging toward you before you can reach the log. You send out a spray of danmaku and she twists to minimize the contact; leaping toward you and leading in with her right fist.
>You unleash the flash bolt. This time you have the presence of might to look away. You think you hear Sameko cry out, but you are too busy stumbling back from a fist slamming into your solar plexus like a sledgehammer and trying to breathe. You hit a tree and slump against it; but at least this keeps you on your feet.

>_

« Reply #951 on: December 14, 2010, 10:18:47 PM »
>Get our breath. Get mobile. We'll have time to hurt when she's down
>Get out of fist range of Samkeo, and start to hover, minimizing the sound our movement makes
>Start to strafe a circle around her, sweeping out danmaku towards her as we move
>If she charges in any direction, or takes a swing at us, move back far enough to open just that little distance
>If we can end up strafing towards that stout stick in the process, do so

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #952 on: December 14, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »
>Get our breath. Get mobile. We'll have time to hurt when she's down
>Get out of fist range of Samkeo, and start to hover, minimizing the sound our movement makes
>Start to strafe a circle around her, sweeping out danmaku towards her as we move
>If she charges in any direction, or takes a swing at us, move back far enough to open just that little distance
>If we can end up strafing towards that stout stick in the process, do so

>You try to get your breath. The hurting, unfortunately, seems to be insistent on taking your time right now.
>You are already out of easy punching range. You hover and circle around her, launching danmaku at her. You're still recovering from the attack, so your own attack simply isn't quite your standard. A few shots hit Sameko as she rubs her eyes with her left arm, causing her to cry out and move toward where you were at originally; and away from you.
>You reach and pick up the stick easily enough.

>_

« Reply #953 on: December 14, 2010, 11:03:55 PM »
>Continue to circle, and fire in staggered bursts
>If Sameko turns to try and attack the source of one of these, quickly swing to the other side of the attack, and keep to her side/back
>If we can maneuver behind her while we do this, or trick her into turning and exposing herself, and our approach seems safe, take a firm swing at the back of her head with the stick
>Be ready to dash backwards as quickly as we can after this, if it does not seem to heavily stagger her, and she seems capable of swinging right back at us

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #954 on: December 14, 2010, 11:11:13 PM »
>Continue to circle, and fire in staggered bursts
>If Sameko turns to try and attack the source of one of these, quickly swing to the other side of the attack, and keep to her side/back
>If we can maneuver behind her while we do this, or trick her into turning and exposing herself, and our approach seems safe, take a firm swing at the back of her head with the stick
>Be ready to dash backwards as quickly as we can after this, if it does not seem to heavily stagger her, and she seems capable of swinging right back at us

>Sameko keeps moving, feeling out with her free hand, until she touches a tree, and moves around it. A couple more of your shots her hit before she can get there, but the tree does a fairly good job of covering her after that.

>_

« Reply #955 on: December 14, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »
>Can we still tell which way the mountain are, from our current position?

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #956 on: December 14, 2010, 11:26:21 PM »
>Can we still tell which way the mountain are, from our current position?

>You can see it it to the west still.

>_

« Reply #957 on: December 14, 2010, 11:31:23 PM »
>Swing around past the side of Sameko's tree, at reasonable range, and launch another couple volleys of danmaku at her as we pass. If we can even make some of them curve around so that it isn't obvious what direction we're firing them from, all the better.
>If she seems to still be blinded, angle off and fly west at best speed.
>Resume charging, if we haven't already

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #958 on: December 14, 2010, 11:50:07 PM »
>Swing around past the side of Sameko's tree, at reasonable range, and launch another couple volleys of danmaku at her as we pass. If we can even make some of them curve around so that it isn't obvious what direction we're firing them from, all the better.
>If she seems to still be blinded, angle off and fly west at best speed.
>Resume charging, if we haven't already

>You float around Sameko's tree, and find her squinting over her arm. You fire a few more shots; she seems to be able to see well enough to get around most of them. Most certainly, she is watching you. Still, a couple hit home.
>You've begun building up a new charge.

>_

« Reply #959 on: December 14, 2010, 11:56:16 PM »
>Open a little more distance, and try to position ourselves beside a tree that we can use to swing around, in the event of another charge from her
>Keep firing at her. Try to angle the bursts low, from approaches that might be difficult to see if her arm is still partially obscuring her peripheral vision