Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151830 times)

Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #840 on: September 18, 2010, 12:48:05 AM »
You think Yamame's first nonspell is hard? Wait until you see the Lunatic version :V

inb4 funen :V

Also, I loved both StB and DS, but after you clear them, it's just like...what's left to do? Wonderful games while they last, but once they're over...

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #841 on: September 18, 2010, 12:53:58 AM »
Erase score.dat, start again.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jiju

• Newbie Spriter
  • :3
« Reply #842 on: September 18, 2010, 01:04:03 AM »
I decided to try lunatic SA for the first time,
game over in the pre-boss part of stage 3, by a lasor.
and the only shot type i can use in SA Lunatic is Reimu B :V :V
everything else is dying by The wrong use of PoC,
And i thought MoF Lunatic was hard enough :V

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #843 on: September 18, 2010, 01:46:33 AM »
it's just like...what's left to do?
Take better pictures.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #844 on: September 18, 2010, 05:19:04 AM »
Also it has Hatate. :*
That means nothing if I can't unlock her, you know. :<

nintendonut888

« Reply #845 on: September 18, 2010, 05:21:55 AM »
That means nothing if I can't unlock her, you know. :<

Welllllll, I could help you with that if you really wanted to get to the spoiler stage, but I know that isn't your style. As it is, it is up to you to weigh whether Hatate (:* :* :*) is worth it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #846 on: September 18, 2010, 05:32:04 AM »
I decided to try lunatic SA for the first time,
game over in the pre-boss part of stage 3, by a lasor.
and the only shot type i can use in SA Lunatic is Reimu B :V :V
everything else is dying by The wrong use of PoC,
And i thought MoF Lunatic was hard enough :V
Reimu B
Well there's your problem. Don't give up though, SA rewards those who practice its stages.

Also, you should be grazing to auto-collect, not using the PoC. There's plenty of bullets to go around on Lunatic.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #847 on: September 18, 2010, 06:18:00 AM »
As it is, it is up to you to weigh whether Hatate (:* :* :*) is worth it.
Hatate (:* :* :*) is definitely worth it. But I'm just so out of practice that no matter what order of scenes to clear you give me, I'll fail at all of them. :< Le sigh.

nintendonut888

« Reply #848 on: September 18, 2010, 06:33:52 AM »
Hatate (:* :* :*) is definitely worth it. But I'm just so out of practice that no matter what order of scenes to clear you give me, I'll fail at all of them. :< Le sigh.

Now now, don't sell yourself short! I know very well each stage has at least one easy stage (well, easy once you learn it), and that you have the skill to beat them.

You're on level 9, right? In that case, aim to clear Camera-Shy Rose (9-5), which is one of the easiest late-game scenes. In level 10, strive to capture 10-1, which, as usual, has a trick. 10-4 is technically easier, but is difficult to learn. Come level 11, either 11-1 or 11-4 will be a fairy easy capture, and in level 12 simply capture 12-5, which isn't -easy-, but doable. Come on, I know you can do it! =D

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #849 on: September 18, 2010, 06:52:19 AM »
Now now, don't sell yourself short! I know very well each stage has at least one easy stage (well, easy once you learn it), and that you have the skill to beat them.

You're on level 9, right? In that case, aim to clear Camera-Shy Rose (9-5), which is one of the easiest late-game scenes. In level 10, strive to capture 10-1, which, as usual, has a trick. 10-4 is technically easier, but is difficult to learn. Come level 11, either 11-1 or 11-4 will be a fairy easy capture, and in level 12 simply capture 12-5, which isn't -easy-, but doable. Come on, I know you can do it! =D
9-5 is definitely easy and self-explanatory.
I don't get 10-1 or 10-4, but 10-3 is also not hard at all.
Safespot 11-1 (hint: the spot is near Kanako, and it's huge)
if you don't like 12-5, 12-2 isn't very hard either, but does take a while,
due to a number of defensive shots you might have to take.

If you need to boost your number of scenes cleared (you need like 58 for spoiler),
you might want to clear some stuff from earlier levels.
Extra cards aren't very hard either, once you unlocked them,
so you can also concentrate on clearing 4-6 of them
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 06:58:07 AM by jsonchiu »

« Reply #850 on: September 18, 2010, 03:19:10 PM »
Also, I loved both StB and DS, but after you clear them, it's just like...what's left to do? Wonderful games while they last, but once they're over...

Score-runs. Playing the game again. That sorta stuff. Find some fun stuff to do with the individual scenes. Its like a whole new set of spell practice cards for you to mess around with. There is always possibilities.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #851 on: September 18, 2010, 11:48:47 PM »
I'm not sure I can take 12.3 seriously anymore. The weather system is becoming too fucking stupid.

EDIT: And the game apparently has input lag over netplay. No way in hell I can accept that.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 11:52:29 PM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Jiju

• Newbie Spriter
  • :3
« Reply #852 on: September 18, 2010, 11:59:33 PM »
Today i was playing Touhou 1 in lunatic, the game was fine, the first 9 levels were easy,
Stage 10 : Mima boss, nothing special,
when i finally gave the final blow...
piiiiiiii.. the game froze....
Today it's not my day.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #853 on: September 19, 2010, 04:35:12 AM »
UFO Stage 2 Lunatic. Perfected everything except Kogasa's second boss card, and dying very stupidly at that.

« Reply #854 on: September 19, 2010, 05:05:26 AM »
I've always wondered, typically a "perfect" run is NDNB. In UFO, does it count as a "perfect" run if you use UFOs, or does it have to be NDNBNUFO? :/

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #855 on: September 19, 2010, 05:47:27 AM »
I'm doing no UFOs too. Not that hard to do Stage 2 like that. Kogasa is really the only challenge, but of course there are no UFOs to summon during a boss fight.

« Reply #856 on: September 19, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »
I've always wondered, typically a "perfect" run is NDNB. In UFO, does it count as a "perfect" run if you use UFOs, or does it have to be NDNBNUFO? :/

Avoid UFO's if at all possible but don't consider it an imperfection if you don't intentionally summon an UFO. I have had situations during the final part of UFO Stage 3 where i was circle-streaming the fairies and an UFO came in the way forcing me to pick it up if i didn't want to die.

Besides, its pretty much the same as breaking familiars in Imperishable Night or destroying those bullet-clearing enemies in a cave shmup.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, forgot to add. Seriously hate that Orion Break spellcard of GFW Route A2. Its the only spell i haven't gold medalled there. It almost forms walls but there is a little gap you can get through. The annoying part is that i have to play 10 minutes just to get to it.

EDIT 2:

And yet another of those 1DNB Kanako fights. And once again the death wasn't at VoWG. Rice Porridge is the culprit today. Annoying that.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:55:06 AM by Super Zengeku »

Bananamatic

« Reply #857 on: September 19, 2010, 01:10:06 PM »
tbh it doesn't matter as ufos can also get in the way of your shots or even worse, block your way(st5)

« Reply #858 on: September 19, 2010, 02:19:35 PM »
tbh it doesn't matter as ufos can also get in the way of your shots or even worse, block your way(st5)

Too right. This example is also from Stage 3. I accidentically summoned (UFO randomly flies where i need to go to avoid getting killed) an UFO at the circle-streaming part. Then the UFO floated down and shielded one of the two wall fairies that appear. The ones you want to kill as quickly as possible. That made the situation pretty much unsalvagable.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #859 on: September 19, 2010, 03:30:39 PM »

Oh you got to be fucking shitting me.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #860 on: September 19, 2010, 06:02:20 PM »
Sometimes I'm glad EoSD can't save practice replays. Because then I'm not tempted to relive moments like dying to a large bullet the instant Water Elf explodes. Or deciding to ram a stationary bullet during Perfect Freeze. Or .... well, you get the idea.

« Reply #861 on: September 19, 2010, 06:31:17 PM »
PSM and KKS. Seriously ZUN, couldn't you have figured out something better for those bosses? You'd think that KKS is just a simple bullets coming down the screen-kinda card but why does it have to be that difficult? Its harder than most of Byakuren's stuff. And PSM alternates between handing captures on a platter to something that could just qualify as the hardest spell in the game.

Annoying.

EDIT: Sigh... UFO really proves to me how bad i am at shmups. Gonna go play something easy for now before i turn in for the night. MoF, here i come.

EDIT 2: Suck at that too. I need some sleep. Good night everyone. :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:13:49 PM by Super Zengeku »

Bananamatic

« Reply #862 on: September 19, 2010, 09:14:56 PM »
try Darius Gaiden

« Reply #863 on: September 19, 2010, 09:34:51 PM »
So I figured I'd see if Fairy Destruction Ray has a timeout phase.

Yep. 20 seconds of insanity.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #864 on: September 19, 2010, 10:36:02 PM »
Just failed a timeout of Sinkable Vortex Lunatic (with Marisa) at 00.3 seconds :V

nintendonut888

« Reply #865 on: September 19, 2010, 10:59:54 PM »

Yep. 20 seconds of insanity.

Best part? The current WR run of extra invokes this for perfect-freezing purposes.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:32:34 PM by nintendonut888 »

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #866 on: September 20, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »
Or deciding to ram a stationary bullet during Perfect Freeze.
We've all been there before

« Reply #867 on: September 20, 2010, 01:19:16 AM »
I fucking suck today FUUUUCCCKKK

« Reply #868 on: September 20, 2010, 07:22:50 PM »
try Darius Gaiden

Was that directed at me? What makes that game so special.

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #869 on: September 20, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »

Holy shit!
Still, it would be too easy otherwise, I guess...

On-topic: I tried MoF hard for a change of pace today and found out that I still suck horribly at Touhou. I had a hard time reacting on freaking Minoriko, lost 2 lives on Hina and didn`t even made it to Aya. :colonveeplusalpha:

Speaking of Aya, anyone has a scoreth125.dat file from DS with all cards clear on both characters? Preferably with no shots locked. It would be really useful for me, and not just because I suck at DS :derp:.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:28:12 PM by Critz »