Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151690 times)

Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #780 on: September 12, 2010, 06:58:30 PM »
Yay. I keep failing on teh easiest Final Boss ever: Kaguya  :V

I don't know what version of the game you have but Kaguya is not the easiest final boss. Period.

I can consistently capture almost everything Kaguya has. I do find her the easiest final boss.

They say that Yuyuko is easy with practice. I didn't need that practice. All her attacks are just pathetic at the get-go. Not even 80% Reflowering is that hard of a spellcard. At least not compared to the rest of dem final spells.

What is it that makes Kaguya easier than Yuyuko? Or Kanako? Or Utsuho? My, it must be because you can memorize half of Kaguya's stuff.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #781 on: September 12, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »
Star Sign "Twinkle Sapphire", how can something with such a pretty name be so damn annoying.  And the other side's not fun either with Rainbow Light "Prism Flash" and Light Sign "Blue Deflection."  I don't like those cards.  It's gonna take forever to just get a silver medal with those.

« Reply #782 on: September 12, 2010, 08:57:26 PM »
Salamander Shield and Hourai Jewel is not half of Kaguya's stuff. Even if you count her first and 4th last spells which can technically be memorized(I don't have them memorized), it still isn't half.

And you don't have to memorize Salamander Shield either. Just hourai Jewel needs to be memorized, and Eirin has Omoikane that has to be memorized.

ebarrett

« Reply #783 on: September 13, 2010, 03:05:47 AM »
PoDD lunatic with Chiyuri is COMPLETELY NUTS

« Reply #784 on: September 13, 2010, 03:06:25 AM »
I thought that after not playing Touhou for a few weeks you were supposed to come back and randomly pull off some amazing achievement without trying.

This does not apply to me :(

Formless God

« Reply #785 on: September 13, 2010, 04:14:05 AM »
I don't know what version of the game you have but Kaguya is not the easiest final boss. Period.
Oh wow Zengeku finally said something I can agree wit----

They say that Yuyuko is easy with practice. I didn't need that practice. All her attacks are just pathetic at the get-go. Not even 80% Reflowering is that hard of a spellcard. At least not compared to the rest of dem final spells.
NO goddamnit die in a fire

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #786 on: September 13, 2010, 05:18:48 AM »
I still don't see how people find Byakuren hard. On Normal, at least.

If you can clear the rest of the game with a surplus of supplies, you're ready to take her on.

But Kanako is the easiest, in my opinion.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #787 on: September 13, 2010, 06:05:16 AM »
I'm not sure who is easier, Kanako or Okuu. Byakuren is probably one of the harder ones just because LFS. :(

« Reply #788 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:10 AM »

It would seem that what i lack of skill in UFO i have in PCB. There really isn't that many attacks that are challenging for me in PCB.
Seriously, what is it that makes Yuyuko hard?

Byakuren is probably one of the harder ones just because LFS. :(

Yeah pretty much.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #789 on: September 13, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
Yuyuko is hard for me because of Demon World, which I haven't quit figured out how to do yet. Also her last (before RB) card gets me all the time. :(

The rest of her stuff isn't that bad though. Overall she's probably easier than Kaguya.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 09:03:33 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #790 on: September 13, 2010, 09:30:19 AM »
Yuyuko is hard for me because of Demon World, which I haven't quit figured out how to do yet. Also her last (before RB) card gets me all the time. :(

I like that card quite a lot really. Its one of those that you supposedly can memorize but you don't have to. I usually just read n' dodge and i capture it pretty much every time. Its just a question of not getting walled by the bubbles.

EDIT:

And a Yuyuko-run went pretty bad. 3DNB. It probably has a connection that i had a conversation with a friend while doing it but its still messy. Two misses on final card. Its been a while since i fought her so its excusable.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 10:26:53 AM by Super Zengeku »

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #791 on: September 13, 2010, 10:39:46 AM »
YES something I can agree with!
Whats so hard about resurrection butterfly again?
The only thing is that I'm terribly inconsistent in timing out SFN. (LOLOL CLIPDEATH AND STUPIDITY)

Hides in corner before "NOW PERFECT YUYUKO LUNATIC, NAO!" ahem guyz i can't 1cc runnatique modo yet. :ohdear:

« Reply #792 on: September 13, 2010, 10:53:23 AM »
YES something I can agree with!Whats so hard about resurrection butterfly again?
The only thing is that I'm terribly inconsistent in timing out SFN. (LOLOL CLIPDEATH AND STUPIDITY)

SFN is also a really hard spellcard. But really fun. And really, its not something you should attempt if you haven't 1cc'ed Lunatic yet.

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #793 on: September 13, 2010, 11:28:54 AM »
SFN is also a really hard spellcard. But really fun. And really, its not something you should attempt if you haven't 1cc'ed Lunatic yet.
yay keyword highlighting
Fixed.  :3
I have already captured it (marisa alice... meh)
I only made 20+ attempts to time it out. Ironically, i made 89 attempts at no focus timeouts :V :V BV (I was like REALLY BORED one day)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #794 on: September 13, 2010, 09:02:28 PM »
On a random play of phantasm here at school, I 1D1B'd Yukari. Both mistakes were on BoLaD. :((((( A perfect Yukari fight would have been awesome, but I guess there's not reason to expect it considering I don't know and don't want to know how to safespot that spell card.

But what's weird is that I'm disappointed I had to bomb, because that means I can't add Yukari to my "just one mistake" club. >.>
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #795 on: September 13, 2010, 09:15:28 PM »
My best ever Yukari fight was 3DNB. So 1D1B is still better than mine.

All 3 of the deaths were on BoLaD.

Once I get this computer back working, I need to go perfect PCB Extra and Phantasm.

« Reply #796 on: September 13, 2010, 10:11:42 PM »
kraken

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #797 on: September 13, 2010, 11:10:53 PM »
It's not that hard to capture. You just need to learn to read the red waves and have some luck.
Timing it out, OTOH, :V

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #798 on: September 14, 2010, 03:36:23 AM »
FACK IT'S PARSEE KILLING ME WITH 50% LAG

Formless God

« Reply #799 on: September 14, 2010, 03:47:47 AM »
Whats so hard about resurrection butterfly again?
It would seem that what i lack of skill in UFO i have in PCB. There really isn't that many attacks that are challenging for me in PCB.
Seriously, what is it that makes Yuyuko hard?
When I think about it ... nothing at all. I just always have to fuck the entire fight up at some point.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #800 on: September 14, 2010, 05:49:55 AM »
I don't know why, but I don't seem to know how to react to Reflowering 30% correctly.
The bullets seem to move too fast for me to think.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #801 on: September 14, 2010, 06:37:17 AM »
So I ran through PCB Lunatic on my laptop to show some people. (PCB was chosen randomly.) This was a bad idea for several reasons: I haven't played PCB in like a month, my laptop is terrible at Touhou, and I was running it under Wine which meant extra lag.

Game over on Chen. Then I decided to continue, several times. Got to RB, cleared with the last life on the last credit, and then declared victory at the end of RB. Then I got hit while it was clearing. :(

I don't know why, but I don't seem to know how to react to Reflowering 30% correctly.
The bullets seem to move too fast for me to think.
I assume you're having trouble with the red butterflies. Stay somewhat high on the screen (middle or maybe even higher), and just rush through them before they expand. This technique makes the card quite easy on any difficulty below Lunatic.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 06:39:06 AM by Nereid »

« Reply #802 on: September 14, 2010, 07:33:03 AM »
On a random play of phantasm here at school, I 1D1B'd Yukari. Both mistakes were on BoLaD. :((((( A perfect Yukari fight would have been awesome, but I guess there's not reason to expect it considering I don't know and don't want to know how to safespot that spell card.

That's what you get for trying to safespot.

nintendonut888

« Reply #803 on: September 14, 2010, 07:41:34 AM »
That's what you get for trying to safespot.

Uh. I said I DIDN'T try to safespot.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #804 on: September 14, 2010, 07:50:39 AM »
Uh. I said I DIDN'T try to safespot.

Sorry. If that's the case then it must feel awful. Just keep up the spirits then.
Btw. You've got quite a list of those 1DNB bosses right?

I've got loads:
Sakuya. Flandre. Yukari. Mokou (ND1B). Kanako. Satori. Koishi. Shou. Nue.

Yeah, those extra bosses usually take at least one bite out of me everytime. Even someone like Koishi.

nintendonut888

« Reply #805 on: September 14, 2010, 08:19:22 AM »
Magic Stones, Yuka (stage 5), Gengetu, Sakuya, Remilia, Marisa, Kanako, Suwako, Satori, Orin, Utsuho, Shou.

And this was after I knocked Koishi, The Prismrivers, Reimu and Murasa from the list recently. B(

« Reply #806 on: September 14, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »
So you did manage Murasa and Prismrivers? Was Prismrivers done with ReimuB?

nintendonut888

« Reply #807 on: September 14, 2010, 08:52:56 PM »
No, it was done by suiciding several times to lower the rank so Lyrica's opener wouldn't wall. BV

EDIT: I just remembered my dream last night: I captured Scarlet Meister.

* Donut sobs at his 4/34X history
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 08:57:38 PM by nintendonut888 »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #808 on: September 14, 2010, 08:58:08 PM »
So that's twice I've failed Koishi in a row.

The hell?

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #809 on: September 14, 2010, 10:00:01 PM »
No, it was done by suiciding several times to lower the rank so Lyrica's opener wouldn't wall. BV

EDIT: I just remembered my dream last night: I captured Scarlet Meister.

* Donut sobs at his 4/34X history

I had a similar dream once, for pretty much all of Chen's Hard spellcards.