Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151820 times)

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #750 on: September 07, 2010, 10:32:13 PM »
noooooo
Imperishable Night: Let's 1CC the Border Team on Normal~
Stage 1: Ended 3/3
Stage 2: Ended 4/3
Stage 3: Ended 6/5
Stage 4: Ended 4/3
Stage 5: Ended 2/0
Stage 6: Eirin's Boss Card 2
Score: 0 738 218 280

Three. Three instances I died with bombs in stock!
And why the fucking hell does deathbombing subtract fucking two? I have no idea! What!

Extra Stage:
Pre- Keine: Perfected.
Ex- Keine Card 1:  90% depleted
Ex- Keine Card 2:  Captured, once
Ex- Keine Card 3:  40% depleted
Post- Keine: Maybe one or two bombs here or there.
How can I get that final fairy to drop a life instead of a bomb, when I have zero lives left?!?
Mokou Card 1: Captured once
Mokou Card 2: 80% depleted
Mokou Card 3: Seen, once. Died. Card 2 always gives me the game over now, even when I enter 2/3.

seething HATE

« Reply #751 on: September 07, 2010, 10:37:40 PM »
I'm surprised nobody has bitched about "Fairy Overdrive" yet, since it also shakes the screen.  ::)

Fairy overdrive doesn't have Pink on Pink. I don't think I ever complained about the shaking on King Kraken Strike, but the Pink on Pink.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #752 on: September 07, 2010, 11:27:25 PM »
Shoot the Bullet 3-6.  They had to put that in the wrong place, it was too annoying for a level three.  It was too hard to keep up with both sets of lasers and bullets and stuff.  And why did she need seven pictures of that!?  But now I've finally cleared all of 1-6 on StB.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #753 on: September 07, 2010, 11:32:20 PM »
Played EoSD at my friends house, used all my Continues getting to Remi on Normal. I make it to Red Magic... I'm posting her for a reason, I didn't win T-T

Not sure if I should be happy or sad at this, that was my first time playing EoSD in like, years.

Then I play UFO for the first time and made it to Cap'n Murasa, on Normal T-T I thought the Giant F***ing fists and anchors were a Fanon Joke with Ichirin and Murasa, not actual Danmaku T-T

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #754 on: September 08, 2010, 12:50:19 AM »
I actually managed to play a Touhou game for the first time ever.

Ichirin is such a pain. On Easy. Haven't beat her...yet. EDIT: Until now. Now let's see how painful the rest of UFO is...
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 01:02:54 AM by Romanoff Kaiser NEX Blitzer »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #755 on: September 08, 2010, 03:19:32 AM »

Ichirin is such a pain. On Easy. Haven't beat her...yet. EDIT: Until now. Now let's see how painful the rest of UFO is...

You have Murasa. Then Shou. Actually, UFO really is full of crap.
I still love it though.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #756 on: September 08, 2010, 03:25:47 AM »

Quite frankly, I wouldn't recommend UFO to start off with. :S EoSD or PCB would be much better choices due to them having the most traditional gameplay (well other than LLS and MS but those are bad choices for different reasons).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

boke

• ボケ
  • ゆっくりした結果がこれだよ
« Reply #757 on: September 08, 2010, 03:56:01 AM »
I'm going for my Extra Unlock on EoSD, but I can't bring myself to do another attempt since my last run.  Made it to Red Magic with my last life and three bombs, and really started to choke.  At 56M I just started blowing my bombs and hoping for an extend.  I didn't get it, and died in a pretty unsatisfying way.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #758 on: September 08, 2010, 04:57:20 AM »
the most traditional gameplay
I find that EoSD and PCB seem have slower bullets than the rest of the games.
Is that actually true or am I just having delusions?

ark

• みょん
« Reply #759 on: September 08, 2010, 05:01:06 AM »
Boke, play more. Practice more. Stage practice for the stages you have more trouble with. Get more point items at full value so you get all the extends.

Feather Black

• Vehement Scornful Youkai
  • Plume Noire
« Reply #760 on: September 08, 2010, 04:45:57 PM »
You have Murasa. Then Shou. Actually, UFO really is full of crap.
I still love it though.

Some patterns aren't doable... I curse Byakuren's curved lasers and her whole Star Maelstr?m...
But actually, the difficulty is less messed than SA's. For examples, earlier bosses have patterns you have never seen in any Touhou game, before, and I don't see the difference between Yuugi's patterns in Normal and Lunatic.

« Reply #761 on: September 08, 2010, 04:53:52 PM »

EoSD? Not really. Its probably the hardest windows game outside of UFO. Bullets slow in EoSD? I wouldn't say they are. There are cases when the bullets are slow but then there is usually something else that makes things harder.

Back when i was a normal mode aspirant i had the hardest time clearing EoSD and SA. When UFO came along i was far beyond normal so i can't really say about that one.

PCB however, yes. That have some of the slowest bullets and some of the easiest danmaku in the entire series. A final boss that's basically not a threat and super easy stage portions in Stage 4 and 5. + the ridiculous amounts of resources makes the game very beginner friendly.

« Reply #762 on: September 08, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »
I don't really remember having much trouble with EoSD until Lunatic. I'd say all lower difficulties there are relatively easy, but the jump from Hard to Lunatic is pretty huge.

PCB is easy, but it's Normal has some parts that are way harder than your usual Normal level. I actually think the Prismrivers are harder than they are on Hard. It still has so many resources and lots of easy parts to balance it out that I'd say it's one of the easier 1cc's.

SA and UFO were definitely the hardest Normals for me even though I played the games in order.
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN

Feather Black

• Vehement Scornful Youkai
  • Plume Noire
« Reply #763 on: September 08, 2010, 05:51:28 PM »

EoSD becomes hard since stage 4 because of the disposition of some patterns. The game has no hitbox, so I can't graze properly, sometimes. What is funny in my case is that I finish my Touhou Rush at stage 4, in both Normal and Hard mode.
In my opinion, I found PCB's fourth stage more logical than EoSD's, so I could pass it.

« Reply #764 on: September 08, 2010, 06:02:47 PM »
I don't really remember having much trouble with EoSD until Lunatic. I'd say all lower difficulties there are relatively easy, but the jump from Hard to Lunatic is pretty huge.

PCB is easy, but it's Normal has some parts that are way harder than your usual Normal level. I actually think the Prismrivers are harder than they are on Hard. It still has so many resources and lots of easy parts to balance it out that I'd say it's one of the easier 1cc's.

SA and UFO were definitely the hardest Normals for me even though I played the games in order.

EoSD Lunatic is probably the hardest non-UFO one.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #765 on: September 08, 2010, 10:44:20 PM »
And why the fucking hell does deathbombing subtract fucking two? I have no idea! What!

Because it's incredibly easy to do and deathbombs are usually strong enough to end a card in one go, I guess?  That's just how IN works.

Ex- Keine Card 1:  90% depleted
Ex- Keine Card 2:  Captured, once
Ex- Keine Card 3:  40% depleted
Post- Keine: Maybe one or two bombs here or there.
How can I get that final fairy to drop a life instead of a bomb, when I have zero lives left?!?
Mokou Card 1: Captured once
Mokou Card 2: 80% depleted
Mokou Card 3: Seen, once. Died. Card 2 always gives me the game over now, even when I enter 2/3.

Keine's first and last cards are basically static and they're just streaming so you should practice those in spell practice until you can do them consistently (I'd recommend watching a replay of them first so you know what to do).  EDIT: Don't kill the fairy with bomb damage to make it drop the life.  Mokou's first card sucks, but her next several are all pretty trivial.  Card 2 is just misdirecting the phoenixes (like this) and then you only have to dodge through two waves of the random bullets.  Card 3 looks complex but you only have to take one wave at a time, like this.  Just go blue, bottom purple, and top purple.  Once you get the method down you'll never fail it, because it's the same thing every time.  If you spend a bit of time in spell practice you should be able to make further into the fight :>
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:12:35 PM by VgameT »

« Reply #766 on: September 08, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »
The fairy does drop a life.

Don't let bomb damage kill it and you get the life. If you finish it with a bomb, then it drops a bomb.

Vibri

• yo, the beats are strong
  • but the night is long
« Reply #767 on: September 08, 2010, 11:11:54 PM »
Really?  Huh.  I never knew.  I guess I never actually paid attention to the thing it dropped, haha.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #768 on: September 08, 2010, 11:51:10 PM »
EoSD? Not really. Its probably the hardest windows game outside of UFO. Bullets slow in EoSD? I wouldn't say they are. There are cases when the bullets are slow but then there is usually something else that makes things harder.

Back when i was a normal mode aspirant i had the hardest time clearing EoSD and SA.
EoSD Lunatic is probably the hardest non-UFO one.
I'm not saying that it's any easier objectively speaking because it's slower,
although for beginners, *slow* bullets, I think, definitely help because their eyes aren't as used to it yet.

When I first played, I had a lot of trouble with Eternal Meek and Flower Dream Vine (hard),
as they seemed really really fast, but after I 1cc UFO, and then go back to play, they are much more manageable.

Would EoSD still be that hard if you play with 5 lives instead of 3?
One of my main gripes about it was the (comparably) lack of resources for the difficulty,
having only 6 extends and 3 extra bombs (some are weak too).

« Reply #769 on: September 09, 2010, 01:51:32 AM »
Shou 2DNB

I hate Radiant Treasure Gun and Complete Clarification. Vajra too, but it didn't kill me on that practice run.

« Reply #770 on: September 09, 2010, 08:50:27 AM »
I'm not saying that it's any easier objectively speaking because it's slower,

Slower moving bullets are easier than fast moving bullets but i think that things like fast bullets coming straight at you will be easier than stuff like Radiant Treasure Gun.

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #771 on: September 10, 2010, 05:16:00 AM »
Quite frankly, I wouldn't recommend UFO to start off with. :S EoSD or PCB would be much better choices due to them having the most traditional gameplay (well other than LLS and MS but those are bad choices for different reasons).

I dunno man, speaking as a fellow Touhou scrub I seriously felt some improvement upon 1ccing UFO!

« Reply #772 on: September 10, 2010, 11:04:15 AM »
I dunno man, speaking as a fellow Touhou scrub I seriously felt some improvement upon 1ccing UFO!

Because UFO makes everything before it easy obviously.

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #773 on: September 10, 2010, 06:51:41 PM »
My first serious MoF Hard attempt in ages (for reference, my best is reaching boss!Nitori's opener):

Stage 1: perfect (! -- I hate Aki's first card and second non-card)
Stage 2: Clipdeath on last card
Stage 3 ..... where it goes downhill: Die to Optical Camouflage because I forget about the second set of bullets. Die twice on the post-midboss stuff (bawwwww). Get caught looking on her second noncard. Bomb Kappa's Flash Flood because I'm in no mood to try reading it. Game over with about 10% left on Exteeeeending Arm.

Hard to believe that's an improvement. :derp:

Blitzer

• 「Touhoustuck」
« Reply #774 on: September 10, 2010, 11:14:28 PM »
I realized that, but I don't care.

On another note, Normal UFO Stage 3 is painful. (Yeah, I started Normal without trying to beat Easy first.)

EDIT: Especially Ichirin's second non-spell.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:58:14 PM by Violence Thunder Blitzer »

Fujiwara no Tobi

• Immortal Idiot
  • BURN, BABY, BURN!!!!!
« Reply #775 on: September 11, 2010, 01:20:57 PM »
Yay. I keep failing on teh easiest Final Boss ever: Kaguya  :V
But oh well. No more IN for today ._.
*goes playing some Touhoumon*
Love or hate? Blaze it out now!

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
« Reply #776 on: September 11, 2010, 04:11:20 PM »
easiest Final Boss ever: Kaguya

FUCK NO YOU'RE WRONG

« Reply #777 on: September 11, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »
I can consistently capture almost everything Kaguya has. I do find her the easiest final boss.

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #778 on: September 11, 2010, 05:26:08 PM »
UFO Stage 5 on Normal. My mortal nemesis.

After so long, I tried that stage again. Stage perfect, Nazrin perfect, and Shou perfect, until I reached her infamous "spinning-green-lasers" card. One life lost. Oh well. Then, at her last card, I lost three lives.

Brilliant.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #779 on: September 11, 2010, 05:57:55 PM »
Failed a gold medal "Blazing Star-like Tag" capture at less than 1 second remaining.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Gold medal'd most extra cards but how the hell do you do "Big Crunch" and "Open Universe" without freezing?

EDIT:
LUNA WAS EXPLODING WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUU
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:30:51 PM by Jaimers »