Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151709 times)

Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #720 on: September 03, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »
Tried UFO Lunatic with SanaeB

None of the attempts got past stage 1 because of stupid derp deaths on midboss and boss Nazrins and obviously not perfecting stage 1 is autorestart.

Jiju

• Newbie Spriter
  • :3
« Reply #721 on: September 04, 2010, 02:33:07 PM »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #722 on: September 04, 2010, 09:46:38 PM »
Tried Satori on a whim.

Nearly perfected her.

Was two seconds away from perfecting her.

I hate Border of Wave and Particle.

SO much.

orz
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #723 on: September 05, 2010, 04:36:25 AM »
aaaaaaaggghhhh widescreeeeeeeeeeeeeen

I've only been playing GFW recently so the widescreen wasn't an issue, I just set it to 1280x960 windowed.  But I decided to give VoWG a shot...windowed is way too small, and widescreen throws me off ALL OVER THE PLACE.

what do

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Captain Onimaru

« Reply #724 on: September 05, 2010, 04:53:33 AM »

I've only been playing GFW recently so the widescreen wasn't an issue, I just set it to 1280x960 windowed.  But I decided to give VoWG a shot...windowed is way too small, and widescreen throws me off ALL OVER THE PLACE.

what do

Ugh... and that is the reason why I use an OOOOOLD laptop for playing Touhou.  :D

Another reasonable thing to despair over would be the fact that my school computers use keyboards that only register 3 keys at a time. You can see where I'm going with this...

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #725 on: September 05, 2010, 05:22:22 AM »
Yes. I hate it when I can't EoSD with my face incorrectly.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #726 on: September 05, 2010, 06:27:59 AM »
Blind FW Extra run.

IIRC Donut did make a prediction that I was going pull a Game Over on "TEST SLAVE". If my memory is correct and he did say that, then let me say that he's obviously stalking me guessed correctly.

Said run was cut off prematurely (this is the main reason as to why this post is here), and by extension, no replay saved since the video would've been sufficient. So yeah.

This on the other hand made me cackle.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:30:15 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ark

• みょん
« Reply #727 on: September 05, 2010, 07:43:08 AM »
I hate Border of Wave and Particle.
but BoWaP is easy and fun D:

* Nereid goes to timeout BoWaP again

If you have a NVIDIA card, there's a setting in the NVIDIA Control Panel for display scaling. Not sure if ATI has a similar setting.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:45:29 AM by Nereid »

nintendonut888

« Reply #728 on: September 05, 2010, 07:53:59 AM »
but BoWaP is easy and fun D:

The same way UFO lunatic is? B| The fact that everybody says it's easy and fun makes it even more frustrating to me.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #729 on: September 05, 2010, 08:19:13 AM »
The same way UFO lunatic is? B| The fact that everybody says it's easy and fun makes it even more frustrating to me.
I would say, not really, although me being a normal mode player means that I probably aren't in a position to judge.
I mean, memorizing BoWaP takes place subconsciously, unlike trying to move in unintuitive ways in UFO,
and once you have developed your own path, it's actually kind of fun in a way.
The lunatic version, though, requires precise movement and reading that's somewhat above my level...
Regardless, I even find it sort of fun despite it being too hard for me.

« Reply #730 on: September 05, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »
Die 6 times on Stage 3, game over on Murasa.

What the hell is up with Stage 3? If it weren't for that, maybe I could 1cc Lunatic. of course, I would need a good stage 5, Shou, and Byakuren, but this stage is the main block.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #731 on: September 05, 2010, 02:36:30 PM »
The fact that everybody says it's easy and fun makes it even more frustrating to me.
It should be easy because it can be memorized (as in, after you memorize it the card is easy, I guess). I actually don't know what your stance is on the matter, nor if you've already put in time to do so. But if not, then I recommend you learn it on Hard first to save your eyes the trouble.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

nintendonut888

« Reply #732 on: September 05, 2010, 03:36:13 PM »
You realize you're only making it worse? >:V I KNOW it's static, I KNOW it's "easy" and "fun," I know I should be able to do it blindfolded, but I can't, and that fact makes it frustrating no matter what (especially what) anyone says. Surely you have a similar attack or part of a stage you can't do that others can do much better?

« Reply #733 on: September 06, 2010, 03:08:37 AM »
Just failed Profound Field 19 times with Border Team. Even though I haven't played the card in a while, I still pretty much have it down. Those fails weren't relearning the card but just derping certain dodges.

I know I said I wasn't planning to capture all cards with a team and was fine with having the 222 captures spread across the teams, but I realized how close I was to 222 with Border Team.

Cards left for Border team, both Omoikane Brain cards, Fantasy Heaven, Blazing Star, Profound Field. I hate all of those cards.

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
« Reply #734 on: September 06, 2010, 03:13:32 AM »
Shoot the Bullet 7-5.  I made it 5/6 and after she stopped time, she crashed into me with her ass.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #735 on: September 06, 2010, 05:30:22 AM »
Mokou isn't easy at all, but she's fun in a masochistic sort of way.

In the same vein, why is it that I cannot capture FoFS?

nintendonut888

« Reply #736 on: September 06, 2010, 06:19:05 AM »
What's FoFS? ??? Acronyms without any prior context are hard.

Also, I'm doing disustingly well on bosses I'm randomly fighting. After that near-Satori perfect, I perfected Shou up to Vajra, and did quite well on Orin too. Yet I can't perfect anyone. :(

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #737 on: September 06, 2010, 06:27:59 AM »
Flaw of Forgiving Shrine, I'm guessing.

Stay about a third of the way up the screen; it's just pretty simple horizontal dodges then.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #738 on: September 06, 2010, 08:28:00 AM »
How the heck did I almost perfect Koishi just to die FOUR times in her last card?

« Reply #739 on: September 06, 2010, 10:30:06 AM »
dunno, but I have the exact same problem.
I eventually figured out that the laser hitbox is the white plus the PURPLE area, so don't go anywhere near it.
Those bubbles, I think the hitboxes aren't that bad, it's just that I constantly misread them since they are fast,
and as a result, either moved to the wrong place or tried to go through them too early.

Right. I had it kill me with nothing. I was standing on black space. Far away from the laser. I'd assume that the laser hitbox is square-shaped which would be retarded.

Yet I can't perfect anyone. :(

Seconded. How do you think it feels to consistently mess up Kanako Perfect on fucking source of rains? And when you finally perfect everything you fail at VoWG? annoying.

« Reply #740 on: September 06, 2010, 02:13:14 PM »
Did a run of FinalB in practice. ND3B

Got hit on Eirin's nonspell, Brilliant Dragon Bullet, Hourai Jewel, and the second Last Spell. I can't believe I actually messed up Hourai Jewel. Those other 3 I knew could happen. Any of the Last Spells could cause a screw up.

Formless God

« Reply #741 on: September 06, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »
UFO Normal NB 1cc, arrived at Byaku with 7 lives, left with two. Failed Magic Butterfly (wat), failed last non-spell, died on St. Nikou's Air Scroll three times.

« Reply #742 on: September 06, 2010, 05:09:18 PM »

I kinda have it the same way with UFO Lunatic. And i too find BoWaP easy. What i don't find easy are the two spells preceding it.

How can a spell with fast bullets coming from multiple directions and a spell that walls you if you misread it or the planets aren't aligned correctly be harder than a spell in which bullets only come from one direction, straight down, and is even static to boot?

On the topic of Satori, she does give me a share of pain. After getting a perfect run of the stage portion, which wasn't that tough, Satori decided to trash me with 1st and 2nd recollection spell. What a pain perfecting that stage is gonna be.

I also played Stage 5 and 6 and Orin decided to be an ass and consistently kill me with one attack of hers everytime.

« Reply #743 on: September 06, 2010, 10:29:03 PM »
Nearly perfected Aya on Normal, only for Mountain God Procession to kill me two seconds before capture. >_<

Drake

« Reply #744 on: September 07, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »
Stage 1: perfect yay 4 lives
Stage 2: pretty great, possibly 6 or even 7 lives out of kogasa
Stage 3: ffffff how unlucky am i oh hey there ichirin i'll perfect you okay
Stage 4: i don't even know what happens during the stage
Murasa: EVERYTHING TURNS TO SHIT
Stage 5: YEEEAAH BOTCHED EVERYTHING
Shou: LOL GAME OVER

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #745 on: September 07, 2010, 06:36:44 PM »
My runs:

Retry until I prefect stage 1
Stage 2: Die 1-2 times against kogasa
Stage 3: Die 5-6 times
Stage 4: game over on Murasa usually

What I used to have happen:

Same suff, except I would game over on Stage 5 Nazrin or Shou instead of Murasa.

It's not like Stage 5 mostly or stage 6 are even really that hard. Just Greatest Treasure and the postNazrin stuff. Shou can be bombspammed. Byakuren can be bombspammed. What's killing me is dying 6 times on stage 3 as well as dying on Kogasa.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #746 on: September 07, 2010, 07:01:06 PM »
Stage 3: Die 5-6 times
get 5 bombs in stage 2 and bomb away stage 3 while replenishing resources at the same time :V
Seriously though, shaking and obstructing the screen by putting pink fists on top of pink bullets is just annoying.

Drake

« Reply #747 on: September 07, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »
no dammit jeez the only card that really makes a difference in is kraken strike and that shit's over in three waves

stop that

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #748 on: September 07, 2010, 07:43:58 PM »
I'm surprised nobody has bitched about "Fairy Overdrive" yet, since it also shakes the screen.  ::)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #749 on: September 07, 2010, 09:02:57 PM »
Nobody should be bitching about it unless they have Luna Child as the "leader".

Though if you really are going to bitch about it I'll help you out and say "omg the fire bullets have a larger hitbox" and "omg i can't see the bullets when the fairies are lower on the screen" and "omg stop ramming" and (ry

Spoiler:
Why certain people complain about a game that plays differently (read: bullet cancellan) being too difficult is beyond me; Lunatic A1 has been done No Vert already
Spoiler:
give or take some extremely lucky dodgan
. Though, I'd argue that there's sufficient dodging in there already
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者