Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151746 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2010, 12:22:37 AM »
HRtP no bombs 1cc done on camera. I perfected Kikuri during the process and ended with three lives.

* Donut goes to watch the video

Excuse me a moment.

*sob*
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #361 on: July 31, 2010, 01:36:25 AM »
try encoding it first, maybe it's just WMP being shit

nintendonut888

« Reply #362 on: July 31, 2010, 01:52:22 AM »
try encoding it first, maybe it's just WMP being shit

MeGUI spits it out without even trying to compress it. :\
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Bananamatic

« Reply #363 on: July 31, 2010, 02:03:10 AM »
try fixing it in virtualdub

nintendonut888

« Reply #364 on: July 31, 2010, 02:42:20 AM »
Huh. It turns out VirtualDub can play it, but only time will tell if the video can still be properly chopped up, compressed, and uploaded.

EDIT: It can. I suppose I owe you one.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 05:49:29 AM by nintendonut888 »

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #365 on: July 31, 2010, 03:21:53 AM »
So I heard the lazers are never a threat in Resurrection Butterfly / SFN
WELL NO

Edit: Realised this should go into the :Derp: Thread insted oops :V
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 03:37:05 AM by GenericClipdeath »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #366 on: July 31, 2010, 05:41:23 AM »
2cc PCB Normal with ReimuB. I post this here because it was a 2cc... when I could have 1cc'ed. The issue? F***ing FLEAS! Being bitten and sucked dry by small insects while trying to not die for the 3rd time on Boss Youmu's Final Card, is harder then you think. Soon as I kill the little buggers and continue playing after pausing, more start bitting AND I die. Overall, if I died only once on that, I could have very well 1cc'ed Normal ReimuB, I died twice throughout Stage 6, and I had gotten an extend during Stage 6 as well, which, assuming I'm not failing at math, would have left me with 0 lives in the end, should I had not died like an idiot twice on Youmu's Final.

I cried so much... I failed a 1cc cause of some F***ing bugs... Woulda been my first real 1cc as well... *cries even more*

ark

• みょん
« Reply #367 on: July 31, 2010, 06:09:38 AM »
sadgdfgdfg

I thought I had captured Grudge Bow for the first time....

and then I remembered I died about 2 seconds after it started. :C

and Koishi can suck a dick
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 06:11:55 AM by Nereid »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #368 on: July 31, 2010, 06:16:17 AM »
My only Grudge Bow capture is on a replay with 4.6% slowdown rate.

BAAAAW.

Seriously, that's only slightly pushing it. What's 3 more seconds to a 55 second card gonna do?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #369 on: July 31, 2010, 07:11:50 AM »
Seriously, that's only slightly pushing it. What's 3 more seconds to a 55 second card gonna do?

I'd say plenty. I've bombed AND died within 3 seconds or so of the other in SA. Even if you don't get killed directly, the stress it adds in could get to killed :V Panic Deaths are my most common whenever I play.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #370 on: July 31, 2010, 07:46:08 AM »
I mean, a 4.5% slowdown rate in that scenario would make things harder, since the speed difference is hardly noticeable (unless it jumps around).

Hmm.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #371 on: July 31, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
UFO Extra again. couldn't get anywhere at all. Keep dying randomly in the stage and Kogasa is a bitch.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 11:27:55 AM by jsonchiu »

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #372 on: July 31, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »
Super Ego Sucks really really really bad
here's proof
Pudding *shot for joke*
This replay was the first time (15 attemps) that I passed super ego.
Went all the way to Philosophy of a hated pe*rams and clips*
Oh, uber slowdown due to computer sucking
(I just turned up frameskip as of this post)

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #373 on: July 31, 2010, 01:40:53 PM »
*facepalm* This makes 3 times this week, in 3 different games, I've narrowly beaten stage 4 and then gone on to Game Over to the FIRST WAVE of fairies on stage 5. Gah. Hard mode hates me.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #374 on: July 31, 2010, 02:14:27 PM »
Danmaku Bounded Field. I forget when to move out of the center during the first wave and end up bombing. I then proceed to capture the rest of the attack, including doing the fourth wave without the safespot.

I hate forgetting things.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #375 on: August 02, 2010, 03:44:40 AM »
Aside from one stupid death on Parsee's last card, this run was going great...right up to the point where I died to the orbs right before S4 Midboss Rin.  You know, the streaming ones.

Death on Rin.
Two deaths before the end of the stage.
Death on Terrifying Hypnotism.
Death on DBDB.
Game over on BoWaP.

Every ounce of skill I possessed mysteriously evaporated when I hit midboss Rin.  What the hell.  What the hell.  WHAT THE HELL.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #376 on: August 02, 2010, 06:30:54 AM »
I beat Phantasm Romance up until stage 4 no deaths, and it STILL didn't give me the option to fight Yukari. >:( I mean what, is this score-based now? That makes things so much worse.

I wish I knew Danmakufu so I could take these stupid limiters off. 1ccing Another Mode with 2 lives left should be good enough to at least try extra.

« Reply #377 on: August 02, 2010, 06:49:24 AM »
I wish I knew Danmakufu so I could take these stupid limiters off. 1ccing Another Mode with 2 lives left should be good enough to at least try extra.

You need at least three. No joke.

Code: [Select]
if(Continued==false&&extra3_flg&&GetPlayerLife>=3)
{
if(Extra34Select)
{
StageEx3;
}
else
{
StageEx4;
}
}

PhantasmRomance.txt, search for this code block (it's at line 73), and just go ahead and delete the &&GetPlayerLife>=3 portion (or even the Continued==false&& portion, if you're feeling particularly lame) and you'll automatically be given the option to fight one of the remaining two ex stages after successfully beating the game.

Have fun.

nintendonut888

« Reply #378 on: August 02, 2010, 06:56:25 AM »
Oh? So I just delete that entire line that says if(Continued==false&&extra3_flg&&GetPlayerLife>=3) and free extra and no lousy continue limit? Eeeexcellent. =D While we're at it, do you know the line that prevents me from reaching Yukari? I hate limiters that go beyond 1ccing. :[

EDIT: Oh...guess not. Deleting that line now makes the game not start. Good thing I backed up the script.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:03:48 AM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #379 on: August 02, 2010, 07:03:33 AM »
Well, you can't just delete the whole line. That'll error. You can change it to

if(true)

if you want, which will allow you to always try the extra. And uh, Yukari... I assume you mean one the first two extra stages (s'been a while since I've played it). Welp, here are both:

if(Continued==false&&
((GetCommonData("LunaticMode")&&GetMissCount+GetBombCount<=5)||
(!GetCommonData("LunaticMode")&&GetMissCount+GetBombCount<=6)))
{
if(Extra1Select)
{
if(GetCommonData("LunaticMode")){extra2_flg=1;}
StageEx1;
}
}

Starting at line 59, those first three lines will also just change to if(true), giving you this:

if(true)
{
if(Extra1Select)
{
if(GetCommonData("LunaticMode")){extra2_flg=1;}
StageEx1;
}
}

By playing the first extra stage, you automatically play the second in place of stage 5. Of course, you must be playing Another Mode.

Provided you did all those things, your game should progress as follows:

[select another mode]
Stage 1
Stage 2
Stage 3
Stage Ex 1
Stage 4
Stage Ex 2
Stage 6 (if you haven't continued)
Choice between Stage Ex 3 or 4
End

nintendonut888

« Reply #380 on: August 02, 2010, 07:34:18 AM »
After trying and failing to do the first line that unlocks extra (no matter what I tried, the game would crash), I put in the line that unlocks Yukari and it worked. What's odd though is that I continued on the fight and it let me, but it ONLY let me continue once, as the next time it happened I got kicked out. ???

« Reply #381 on: August 02, 2010, 02:39:20 PM »
Yeah, the game has it set to only let you continue once no matter what.

« Reply #382 on: August 02, 2010, 11:05:38 PM »
Colourful Wind Chime hurts my eyes and I keep dying on it T_T

nintendonut888

« Reply #383 on: August 02, 2010, 11:41:16 PM »
Ooookay...Phantasm Romance. 1cc'd with FIVE lives remaining, extra still wouldn't rear its head. I suppose this means I have to fight Yukari, AND 1cc, AND have three lives remaining.

Peh. All I want is to play extra 4!

theshirn

« Reply #384 on: August 03, 2010, 04:49:22 AM »
Game over on Ghost Wheels with [] that much health left.

One death with one power.

All other deaths were two or more.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

« Reply #385 on: August 03, 2010, 11:38:24 PM »
One day I will figure out Murasa's third non-spell. It will be the most beautiful clarity where I will know how to dodge the second wave consistently, and then I will perfect her and laugh because I finally did something that I put a lot of effort into once again.

Someday.

« Reply #386 on: August 04, 2010, 12:37:37 AM »
One day I will figure out Murasa's third non-spell. It will be the most beautiful clarity where I will know how to dodge the second wave consistently, and then I will perfect her and laugh because I finally did something that I put a lot of effort into once again.

Was very serious when I said that you dodge the second wave the same way as the first. It's completely static.

Here's a replay showing a really easy method to dodging it. Just tap left a bunch of times. Not my replay.

theshirn

« Reply #387 on: August 04, 2010, 01:50:26 AM »
On the plus side, game over on Utsuho.

On the minus, four of the last six deaths were with three or four power.  One with two.  One with 0.

nintendonut888

« Reply #388 on: August 04, 2010, 02:25:04 AM »
Was very serious when I said that you dodge the second wave the same way as the first. It's completely static.

Here's a replay showing a really easy method to dodging it. Just tap left a bunch of times. Not my replay.

It's not completely static, as Murasa moves. Sure the attack itself is the same, but if she moves down, the way I dodge the first wave no longer works because I don't have enough room.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #389 on: August 04, 2010, 02:39:06 AM »
Metal-fatigue bullets. Two deaths in two seconds on Young Demon Lord.

And to think I actually had a chance at the 1cc before this.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.