Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151792 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #300 on: July 22, 2010, 07:29:15 PM »
memorizing sucks
UFO sucks
MoF+ power system sucks
the music sucks
not enough dynamics for a shmup
EoSD hitboxes suck
EoSD luckshit sucks
SA controls suck

but the rest of the hitboxes are perfectly ok

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #301 on: July 22, 2010, 08:08:15 PM »
how the hell did I die three times on BoWaP

what the hell is this crap

stop stop stop it already

stop the crap

the BS deaths

the stupid crap where I know I pushed left

the pixel perfect bullets

the enemies firing when they die

the bullets from offscreen

stop it already

just stop the stupidity

I should have 1cc'd this three weeks ago

why the hell am I still doing this

stop it stop it goddamnit goddamnit goddamnit damnit damnit damnit wnsadkasdblfksd blfjlsdbafj

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Bananamatic

« Reply #302 on: July 22, 2010, 08:11:22 PM »
join the bowap haters club

« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2010, 08:19:58 PM »
shit damn

shit damn

shit damn

i hate seeing white stars, especially marisa a white stars

Bananamatic

« Reply #304 on: July 22, 2010, 08:24:31 PM »
how much points does clearing add anyways

« Reply #305 on: July 22, 2010, 08:26:28 PM »
15 - 20 million

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2010, 09:10:57 PM »
Funen, what bugs me the most about you is that you don't seem to realize that your constant whining about how the games work, and refusal to believe that you're at fault for any and all shortcomings is the reason you are not getting any better and continuously fail. Upon which you come back here and whine more and say your skills have plateau'd, Touhou is getting boring to you, you should take yet another break and stuff like that. You're unlike Banana's who purely bitches for the sake of bitching, and instead you blame the game at any possible moment for just not being able to beat it. You have this crazy backwards attitude about the games; this is why you suck at Touhou, and why you might continue to suck at Touhou.
Now that's a bit more like making a fool out of me. :V

But in all seriousness, not everything. A lot, I admit, but not everything. My latest attempt at an EoSD Lunatic 1cc failed because I've apparently redeveloped a "don't bomb" habit. I can recognize when I can't read things like Super-ego and the Catwalk (Lunatic) or when I couldn't control my fingers for a moment and died because of it. Stuff like this happens to me all the time, even when it's a good day. But as much as I hate making mistakes, I don't get too riled up about those things unless the failure was really spectacular. It's the things that I don't feel like I could entirely help even with improved skills that have made me post here lately. Should I reexamine what I think about these aspects? Yes, I should. I can at least assure you I'll do that.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

theshirn

« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »
I don't hate BoWaP.  I usually capture it.

This only contributes to RAGE.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2010, 09:47:14 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYXKLpswrvw

Sorry, couldn`t resist.  :derp:

And I feel that Shou would be more fair if she had some kind of time stop effect like Sakuya/Youmu/Reisen that would allow you to read their path, even if that would mean a bit more bullets. Just a little excuse  :derp:.

« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2010, 10:38:45 PM »
I can recognize when I can't read things like Super-ego and the Catwalk (Lunatic)

The fact that you've 1cc'd a few Lunatics but can't read Superego (nay, the fact that you're comparing Superego to Lunatic Catwalk) just baffles me, to be honest.

Formless God

« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2010, 10:39:23 PM »
Timestop is retarded.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2010, 11:36:10 PM »
The fact that you've 1cc'd a few Lunatics but can't read Superego (nay, the fact that you're comparing Superego to Lunatic Catwalk) just baffles me, to be honest.
I'm not comparing the two, only stating what I have trouble reading. I used to capture Super-ego consistently, but apparently I've lost my mojo on it. Don't ask how, but I'm in the process of relearning the trajectories.

And aren't PCB and MoF, like, iji modo among the Windows Lunatics?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:39:02 PM by Funen1 »
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

theshirn

« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2010, 02:07:01 AM »
I am so incredibly sick of SA S1-3.  So many times.  So many times.  So many goddamn times.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2010, 03:39:01 AM »
I actually meant cards like Guerilla Typhoon.
I don't find that too hard, I mean, you just have move in advance so that you account for the bullet movement.
Glue your eyes to the left side of the screen and move through gaps.

Really, if only RemiuB's bomb was a bit stronger (or longer, either one), I'd have a chance.
Play Marisa B then, plus you don't have to deal with "Bury in the Lake" and Rage Trilithon High Level is easy.

And aren't PCB and MoF, like, iji modo among the Windows Lunatics?
MoF, yes b/c of lolbombs! The cards aren't easy though, imo
PCB, I think it's a bit hard if you are playing Marisa, due to only 2 bombs,
other wise, the huge amount of borders and bombs would get you pretty far.

Formless God

« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2010, 03:40:56 AM »
Guerrilla Typhoon
Also consider moving along with the bullets if the wave coming toward you is too packed.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #315 on: July 23, 2010, 03:55:41 AM »
Play Marisa B then, plus you don't have to deal with "Bury in the Lake" and Rage Trilithon High Level is easy.
I'm not sure I'd be able to Master Spark through everything (that's her real selling point, from what I've seen). Normally I play ReimuB or MarisaA, but both have noticeable flaws (compared to each other, anyway). ReimuB's bomb is rather weak and short-lived, but I'm terrible at micrododging with fast-as-lightning Marisa. Who I play depends on what I feel like at the time, because I have similar success (or rather, failure :V) with both.

ebarrett

« Reply #316 on: July 23, 2010, 05:11:47 AM »
Every time I fail a Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana timeout attempt with less than 20 seconds to go, I die a little inside.

It's beginning to add up alarmingly.

:fail:

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #317 on: July 23, 2010, 07:07:16 AM »
So I remembered "right, I haven't been thrashed by Murasa today!" and booted up UFO.

Sinking Anchor.

I died to Sinking Anchor.

By not getting out of the way of the first anchor in time.

I could do nothing but make guttural noises for twenty seconds.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

theshirn

« Reply #318 on: July 23, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »
if I die with three or more power again I will BREAK something

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
« Reply #319 on: July 24, 2010, 03:32:26 PM »
GAME OVER ON SCARLET MEISTER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Turtlesaur

• rawr
    • home of a KEWNE-type familiar
« Reply #320 on: July 24, 2010, 05:48:18 PM »
I was really liking MarisaB in SA. Then Recollection "Philosopher's Stone" happened.

...3 lives and some weak-as-hell bombs lost and I'm never playing MarisaB again

« Reply #321 on: July 24, 2010, 06:20:25 PM »
I was really liking MarisaB in SA. Then Recollection "Philosopher's Stone" happened.

...3 lives and some weak-as-hell bombs lost and I'm never playing MarisaB again

Now that you know you don't really like that card... have you tried using the bomb more aggressively? You need to get the boss within the circles to deal any damage, and preferably at the intersection of all five circles, so you have to be very close to point blank range. Fortunately, Philosopher's Stone takes several seconds to fire up, so that should be enough time to run up the screen and point-blank bomb Satori... it'll probably take two bombs, though, since Satori has so much health.

MarisaB is pretty fun, though, so I'd suggest not giving up on her! At least your bomb actually deals damage, unlike the other Marisas...  (For maximum lethal potential, switch to Water or ideally Wood as you bomb from point blank range, and make sure all your shots are hitting)

« Reply #322 on: July 24, 2010, 06:54:26 PM »
(For maximum lethal potential, switch to Water or ideally Wood as you bomb from point blank range, and make sure all your shots are hitting)

Wood is the better choice at point-blank, actually. Wood Sign at L3 power is the strongest shot in the game, so if you point-blank bomb at L4 power and then shotgun with wood, you're going to decimate anything in your way.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #323 on: July 24, 2010, 08:59:43 PM »
I got to Murasa with max lives and came out with 4 lives.  Failed horribly in stage 5 and reached Shou with only 1 life no bomb..  I tried again and reached Murasa with max lives again, just to do exactly same thing as my last run.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #324 on: July 24, 2010, 09:07:13 PM »
Three months off Touhou has me now failing such incredibly difficult spellcards as Hell's Tokamak and Mad Dance on Medoteko.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Bananamatic

« Reply #325 on: July 24, 2010, 09:10:24 PM »
Three months off Touhou has me now failing such incredibly difficult spellcards as Hell's Tokamak and Mad Dance on Medoteko.
You know, your sarcasm kind of fades away on the second spellcard :V

« Reply #326 on: July 24, 2010, 10:44:40 PM »
Wow. Mad Dance on Medoteko. Even when i have the roughest i-suck-horribly episodes where things like Yuyuko's boss fight becomes a great challenge i capture that card at least. Impressive.

Turtlesaur

• rawr
    • home of a KEWNE-type familiar
« Reply #327 on: July 24, 2010, 10:48:38 PM »
Now that you know you don't really like that card... have you tried using the bomb more aggressively? You need to get the boss within the circles to deal any damage, and preferably at the intersection of all five circles, so you have to be very close to point blank range. Fortunately, Philosopher's Stone takes several seconds to fire up, so that should be enough time to run up the screen and point-blank bomb Satori... it'll probably take two bombs, though, since Satori has so much health.

MarisaB is pretty fun, though, so I'd suggest not giving up on her! At least your bomb actually deals damage, unlike the other Marisas...  (For maximum lethal potential, switch to Water or ideally Wood as you bomb from point blank range, and make sure all your shots are hitting)
...yeah I just read the text that says "you can switch shot types by tapping shot and focus" before doing Extra. I think knowing this would have helped a little bit.

I shall gladly take my automatically provided award of ⑨ (nine) derp points, thank you.

Bananamatic

« Reply #328 on: July 24, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »
Wow. Mad Dance on Medoteko. Even when i have the roughest i-suck-horribly episodes where things like Yuyuko's boss fight becomes a great challenge i capture that card at least. Impressive.
I still have problems with Medoteko :V

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #329 on: July 24, 2010, 11:37:27 PM »
Died on... LFO.  I could've beat her if I used that last bomb ><