Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151694 times)

Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #240 on: July 15, 2010, 08:05:13 PM »
Last Night night I game overed on Byakuren's 3rd non-spell on Normal...

Just now I game overed on SINKER GHOST...

excuse me while I go cry

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2010, 12:05:52 AM »

[10:03] <Baitikkuri> AND IT JUST CRASHED
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2010, 12:07:46 AM »

[10:03] <Baitikkuri> AND IT JUST CRASHED
Funny thing is, that happened to me too! Same spot and difficulty.

It was my only Lunatic run that was actually going really well, it might have 1cced ;_;
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2010, 12:08:12 AM »
Oh, yay! My computer is working again! Time for some fun.
Frikkin' Fujiyama Volcano!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Bananamatic

« Reply #244 on: July 16, 2010, 12:08:42 AM »
Should've sent it to Microsoft

ebarrett

« Reply #245 on: July 16, 2010, 07:43:25 AM »
So yeah, decided to try and record a Kana 1cc even though the world probably doesn't need more PoDD videos. Two runs (one yesterday and one today), two game overs to Yumemi (the last one with three deaths to Ellen). 2nd and 4th places on my highscore list, which is interesting, I guess, if little consolation.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:45:12 AM by ebarrett »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #246 on: July 17, 2010, 02:26:07 AM »

This run features the RNG trying to kill me at every instance possible. Not to mention the end of Stage 5. Ugh.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #247 on: July 17, 2010, 02:28:47 AM »
You mean what happens to me every damn time I play that game. The RNG fucking hates me, and the same goes in EoSD.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #248 on: July 17, 2010, 03:10:48 AM »
shit now I can't even 1cc IN with Sakuya/Remilia. Died 4 times to Reimu. Didn't capture any of Reisen's cards.
What the fuck is happening to me.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #249 on: July 17, 2010, 04:38:08 AM »
I think Mugetu is a bitch to defeat because she is jealous that her sister is cooler than her and also has an epic theme.
Gengetu is a piece of cake compared to Mugetu.

« Reply #250 on: July 17, 2010, 09:17:17 AM »
I have been trying to unlock SA extra with marisa A for ages. Then one day this happened:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/9597/fuuuuuk.jpg
Notice how the final boss does not have any health left at the end of her final spellcard and me being dead  :derp:

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #251 on: July 17, 2010, 03:38:08 PM »
Notice how the final boss does not have any health left at the end of her final spellcard and me being dead  :derp:
I've died as Utsuho was exploding quite a few times, cuz I forget that you still get sucked in.
It's quite rage inducing if you got caught by surprise that way.

Bananamatic

« Reply #252 on: July 17, 2010, 03:45:52 PM »
happened to me on IN lunatic

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #253 on: July 17, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »

...technically, this is extra stuff.

ebarrett

« Reply #254 on: July 18, 2010, 12:39:15 AM »
More PoDD.

Denied a one-in-a-lifetime chance at a Kotohime 1LC because SOMEONE who I DON'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW WHO IT WAS OR ELSE I'LL HAVE TO KILL SOMEONE IN MY FAMILY enters the room unnoticed and PUTS A HAND IN MY SHOULDER FROM GOD KNOWS WHERE.

Then I lose four more as-close-as-it-gets rounds to Yumemi* because GODDAMN IF I COULD CONCENTRATE AGAIN.

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKKK

edit, GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING TYPOS FFFFFFFFFFFFF

*edit again for additional info: the last two rounds weren't that close, to be honest, even though I was getting lucky. round durations, in order: 6:40, 4:15, 3:45, 2:40, 2:30.  :fail:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 12:48:27 AM by ebarrett »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2010, 12:58:05 AM »

...technically, this is extra stuff.

Is...is that on one credit?

If so, :o
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Napalnman1231

• Is that so~?
  • Nice Farming weather!
    • My gallery art
« Reply #256 on: July 18, 2010, 01:38:45 AM »

This run features the RNG trying to kill me at every instance possible. Not to mention the end of Stage 5. Ugh.

One word for that: UNFAIR, totally unfair

« Reply #257 on: July 18, 2010, 02:08:42 AM »

WTF @ the point value. Seriously, are there even that many UFOs in the freaking game!?
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #258 on: July 18, 2010, 02:25:25 AM »
WTF @ the point value. Seriously, are there even that many UFOs in the freaking game!?

Watch the high score replay and be amazed.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #259 on: July 18, 2010, 05:08:01 AM »
gjrrdjhgcdgjfxugjcgjfchfdxgjcfjghvgkhgcgjxcfhvfgljghk.uhljghkcgjxdfb cbxvczdgsaewaryeajtsrkdfgxsrhfwaerqaewertjrwetewqwrafdxsd,kygipugbljbipydfuya,kfghckhfxzgjfhgclgchlgckfxskhtdg,hghgxkhgdchg,cvnb,vnmbchkgchgchgchgcfj,gtxsyktskg

htdjlgyf

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #260 on: July 18, 2010, 05:28:33 AM »
Touhou-induced despair, huh?

How about Yamame's damned... spider silk-themed spellcard whose name totally escapes me? That, and Unzan's Brofists. (Both from DS)

Oh, and giant Suika. I have given that one a single shot after unlocking it several weeks ago...

Giant Suika haunts my nightmares. ._.

« Reply #261 on: July 18, 2010, 05:36:13 AM »
I kept dying to Charming Siege from All Sides today. Freaking RNG would make the lines of bullets leave only a small opening for over 10 seconds, so I'd eventually try to dodge a bubble bullet the wrong way and trap myself.
In one of the runs there were 4 bubble bullets in that space what the hell.

Then I cleared it after the bubble bullets refused to come near me, and I died to the non-spell afterwards. I NEVER die to that non-spell!...which is actually quite surprising as it's the one that seems to be the hardest.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

ebarrett

« Reply #262 on: July 18, 2010, 06:40:06 AM »
Again trying that elusive Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana timeout.

Got hit with 9 seconds left.

:fail:

Bananamatic

« Reply #263 on: July 18, 2010, 12:03:49 PM »

I WARNED YOU ABOUT LUCKSHIT BRO

I TOLD YOU DOG

« Reply #264 on: July 18, 2010, 04:20:02 PM »
Today was hopeful first PCB Lunatic 1cc day... I died three times with full bombs on stock to Lunasa's opener, all three times because I was apparently expecting bullets to come down from above. I died once of course to their first spellcard, you know, the one that's just all streaming (at least I didn't die to Lyrica I guess?).

I left stage 4 0/2, my legs tied and ready to slice my wrist, but the powers of bomb and border abuse got me through Youmu 0/3 with my last extent to come... I even manage to reach Resurrection Butterfly 0/0, but the game agreed I didn't deserve a clear and ended my misery on the first wave. Maybe it wasn't so smart after all to spent two bombs on the fairy spam when I had a border coming, and two more on Repository of Hirokawa on all things...  ::)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #265 on: July 19, 2010, 06:05:50 AM »
So I finally beat Flandre. Which is good. I've beaten all the main shmup Windows extras.

Except my successful score is lower than a failed run. D:

mikeKOSA

« Reply #266 on: July 19, 2010, 08:11:10 AM »
IN Lunatic Stage 6a ND2B

everything perfect up until astronomical entombing which isnt really a hard spellcard but managed to get hit 2 times even after destroying the slaves on both sides.... lost the will to capture hourai elixir

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #267 on: July 19, 2010, 04:18:15 PM »
Mokou was a quarter of a life bar away. One quarter. That's by far the furthest I've gotten with her.

Words cannot describe how much I despise Fujiyama Volcano. I've now gotten close or have captured all of Mokou's spell cards, even thought I had a good deal of trouble with them when I started practicing Mokou and nothing but Mokou (isn't there a word/phrase specifically for this?). Fujiyama Volcano still costs me between one to three lives if I'm particularly slow and I NEVER finish it with any bombs to spare if I only die once/twice.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

« Reply #268 on: July 19, 2010, 07:12:55 PM »
Use Spell Practice for Fujiyama Volcano. As the game makes you restart at the center of the screen after you die, it's REALLY hard to dodge anything afterwards.

You can go over her in the waves she doesn't shoot the circles of round bullets, and avoid having to change directions between waves of aimed arrows. Use Spell Practice to find out which waves are safe and which are not.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #269 on: July 20, 2010, 03:49:33 AM »
Suwako is making me rage. Stupid clip deaths everywhere. Can't even make it half way through.