Author Topic: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8  (Read 151993 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou Despair Thread - Endless 8
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2010, 12:02:06 AM »
If I wasn't so fucking lazy I'd destroy Baity in any touhou game

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2010, 12:04:06 AM »
If i wasn't so lazy i would track down ZUN and vikingize him.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
Re: Touhou Despair Thread Mk. 8
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2010, 12:05:39 AM »
As I try to stress by saying it in my sig, any accomplishment is as important as the player wants it to be.  That said, I'm not going to argue about the semantics of what to call Donut's Kaguya fight.  I know what Donut did, calling it anything different isn't going to change anything, and it's an awesome accomplishment either way.  Note that I rarely use the term "perfect" to describe NDNB runs and will usually use the latter, because I believe "perfect" describes something a bit more intangible than a simple NDNB run.  But it's merely a personal choice and I won't argue that description with anyone, because it's still the same accomplishment regardless.  It's the same situation here.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 12:09:29 AM »
We are just kidding him obviously.

Bananamatic

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 12:10:48 AM »
Until one of us perfects Kaguya with all last spells :V

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2010, 12:11:37 AM »
Yeah, a truly perfect run of Kaguya would do what KamiG did to Hourai Jewel. I am not at a skill level to even try that. Same thing for the safespotting on the 4th last spell. I'm not comfortable enough to try that and get out outside of spell practice.

I would stick to the safer methods for those 2. But commonly accepted definition for perfect though is NDNB, all Last Spells captured(for IN),  and no timing anything out(other than survivals)

Edit: Forgot No Gapping for SA, but that one is optional too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:18:07 AM by Enigma »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2010, 12:41:46 AM »
So, for "perfect" runs...

No deaths, of course.
All spellcards captured (?)
No safespotting...?
No bombs? I've seen a bomb used in a "perfect" run before for the sake of scoring, though (I think... Gaining more faith in MoF?)
PCB, no borders broken
UFO, destroying UFO's seems to be okay.
SA, no gapping

Ugh. I'd rather just have NDNB runs.

(Btw, I captured Kaguya's second nonspell on my first try. Do you misdirect it?)

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 12:58:42 AM »
Of course I try to misdirect it. Not sure if I do it right, but I at least try.

No safespotting is an option rule. If I make it to Izuna Gongen on another perfect attempt, it is getting safespotted.

Forgot the NBB despite the main perfect I've been going for was PCB Extra.

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2010, 05:17:36 PM »
Grrrr..... Kogasa, why must you be so ridiculous? I'm tired of repeatedly dying 3 or 4 times on her. I honestly think that Yuyuko is an easier fight, despite one being a stage 6 boss, and the other a stage 2 boss. >.>

Formless God

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2010, 06:14:14 PM »
If you've seen how I treat Formless, there is a lot of things i say you don't have to take too seriously. Usually indicated by the  :V
:derp:

ebarrett

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2010, 07:29:01 PM »
I honestly think that Yuyuko is an easier fight

Yuyuko is an easier fight. Then again, you could argue that Chen, Alice, the Prismrivers and Youmu are also harder than Yuyuko.  :V

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2010, 07:57:17 PM »
:derp:

For example how i appointed you without your consent to be my waifu.  ;)
That's how we do back home. Go out, find girl you want and tell her "You belong to me now" and then that's that.

Yuyuko is an easier fight. Then again, you could argue that Chen, Alice, the Prismrivers and Youmu are also harder than Yuyuko.  :V

Not Chen but the rest certainly are.

(Yuyuko might hit me with her two final attacks. Chen... doesn't stand the slightest chance.)
About Kogasa i would also add that Alice is easier to perfect than Kogasa. Or pretty much any S3 boss and a lot of S4 bosses as well.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2010, 12:07:38 AM »
ilu baity
ilu2

If I wasn't so fucking lazy I'd destroy Baity in any touhou game
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd be able to maintain WR scoring runs.

[10:02]<Baitikkuri> argh, screw you evil sun
Can't even get a decent run up beyond Stage 2 thanks to this, which leads to premature Game Overs. Probably doesn't help knowing that it shines into my good eye, which makes a blindspot on a certain part of the screen; the part of the screen I use the most for dodging. And maybe I shouldn't be playing at all because of blargh surgery after-effects.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2010, 12:11:42 AM »
IN, MoF, and SA are the only Touhou games I would consider playing for score anyway, though as soon as you die, the score is screwed on MoF, Damn it Aya. PoFV too, but you have to play that for score otherwise you don't get enough extends to cover the 1 death minimum per stage starting at stage 6. I can't score worth crap in PoDD either, so I never get the second extend.

I wasn't even trying to score and got over 2.9 billion on IN. MoF is easy as hell to play for score. And if I was consistent at SA so that I'd be able to survive after all those suicides, I'd try, but as is I score higher just playing for survival.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:13:21 AM by Enigma »

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2010, 04:31:33 AM »
PoDD is really, really stupid.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2010, 04:45:07 AM »
It's also really, really, fun!

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2010, 12:47:13 PM »
SanaeA is a completely terrible shottype. 0/0 cleared Extra with her. Derped one of the nonspells, derped survival, derped Grudge Bow second phase.(now I need to actually bother to unlock it for both Reimus and MarisaB, but lol Normal. And lol at the thought of using any of those terrible shottypes on Hard)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:49:27 PM by Enigma »

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »
Just lost a PCB Normal 1cc with 40 seconds left on Resurrection Butterfly. Decided to continue to unlock S6 for practice, and go on to perfect the rest of the card.

And that after a real "wtf??" capture of SPB.....

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2010, 05:11:48 PM »
Another 1 death run of IN Extra. And guess where it happened

Spoiler:
Possessed by Phoenix second phase

ebarrett

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »
Three 1DNBNBB PCB stage 3 runs. The last was a Hanged Hourai Dolls doublekill.  >:(

jc_foster

• Learning the ways of the bomb
  • Specializing in idiotic deaths since 2009
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2010, 05:16:22 PM »
Another 1 death run of IN Extra. And guess where it happened

Spoiler:
Possessed by Phoenix second phase

Here's a worse one: Failed RB30 again. On the second-to-last
Spoiler:
VERTICAL
wave.

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2010, 07:45:00 PM »
Cleared MoF Extra with ReimuA. 5 deaths, none of which should even happened. And I panic bombed Mishagujisama 3 times.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:48:01 PM by Enigma »

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2010, 08:27:14 PM »
Dammit, if only my Prismriver fight hadn't gone down the toilet, I would have broken 1billion on PCB...
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2010, 09:12:46 PM »
Wow that was the sloppiest run of PCB Normal I've ever had.

Ran into a bullet for no reason during Chen.
Ran into a bullet for no reason during Alice.
Stupidly walled myself in during Stage 4 barrages.
Died repeatedly to Youmu spells that I normally have no problems with.

And to wrap up this horrible run, I died to Youmu's last spell when she had just a sliver of health left and Game Overed. Go me.

Don't you hate it when you think you're doing well and then just have a horribly sloppy run like this?

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2010, 10:37:56 PM »
EoSD Lunatic again. Entered Stage 4 7/0.

Limped out the Patchy battle 3/1 or something and it all went to hell from there. Ughhhhhh, I didn't even make it to Remilia! I should have fucking cleared that, why can't I do Stage 4?

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2010, 12:04:51 AM »
Kuzui Clear Water/Yamato Torus is only easy at full power. I am not at full power when I get to it. This is all.

And I just died at the last frame of Exiled Doll. Just bam! and died. I hate the new bullet-clearing system.

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2010, 12:44:05 AM »
Got a few 1DNB timeouts of Concerto Grosso. It's not that bad, I just keep getting screwed by bad luck.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2010, 03:05:12 AM »
How do you beat SA?! I've 1cc'd nearly all of the other games once but SA and now I get friends wondering how I can beat UFO (which I always thought had a normal level of difficulty) but not SA (which I think is easily the hardest of the Touhous).  I JUST beat Orin for the second time EVER in SA normal. Now I have to get through all of Utsuho's nonsense? How?

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2010, 04:04:27 AM »
I swear, if I die from a key remapper malfunction one more fucking time...

How do you beat SA?! I've 1cc'd nearly all of the other games once but SA and now I get friends wondering how I can beat UFO (which I always thought had a normal level of difficulty) but not SA (which I think is easily the hardest of the Touhous).  I JUST beat Orin for the second time EVER in SA normal. Now I have to get through all of Utsuho's nonsense? How?
SA has the hardest Normal by far. You said you beat Orin, so you should have the first 5 stages unlocked in Practice Mode. Play the hell out of those stages. Memorize what can be memorized, and make notes of which attacks should be "autobombs" in a 1cc attempt. Oh, and as for unlocking Utsuho for practice, continuespam her (unless you can enter Stage 6 with more than 3 lives). Being able to beat her once with default lives (after a game over) is almost practice enough, to be honest.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2010, 04:27:36 AM »
How do you beat SA?!

Enter Orin with 7 or 8 lives, bomb spam, enter Utsuho with 6 lives, bomb spam.
Especially figure out a bombing strategy for Orin that minimizes deaths.
At least that's how I did it. It might feel a bit unsatisfying to see yourself epic failing both of those bosses though

If you practice stage 1-4 long enough you will almost perfect it.
Practicing them on lunatic helps to for me, as stage 4 normal becomes piss easy once you are used to lunatic.

Then it's just keep trying until you enter Utsuho with enough lives to spare.
Unlike UFO (where you milk 5 bombs right at the beginning of stage 6), I didn't bother to continue spam
because I couldn't figure out how to do any of Utsuho's cards at the time.