Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F  (Read 241106 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 4F
« Reply #150 on: June 11, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
sorry, but I really call bs.
Conveniantly I'm right at that part of the game. Though I don't use 10f girl in this playthru. I used the cheat program to boost up her skillpoints so they all cost 2000 skillpoints to level, I also leveled 10f girl to 65, and gave her 3 robes of twilight (which is impossibly good gear on a normal playthru this early in the game)

I wanted to see how bad "the nuke" wasted her, but I didn't even live 1 second, the boss 1shot her with slash dive.. and you're telling me she'll survive the panic nuke? I'll try again...

Ok so she does. Yet she gets ⑨ed by other attacks of less power. But that doesn't say her Def/mnd is better than I expect (I already knew it was good, but it's not THAT good), it tells me 15F Girl's (as the boss) panic nuke itself has a screwball damage formula that's something like: 10X ((atk+mag) - (def + mnd)) instead of something like 2X (3atk + 3mnd) -.. etc.

It's just that I used 10F girl on my first playthru, and I actually leveld up her def and mind more than I leveld up anybody else's main stat, she was always the first to get those boosts. And she was hard to hurt yes, but she WOULD get damaged by many things, and sometimes even 1shot by things simple as an ether flare due to her terrible hp.

Well, I haven't been in such a situation that 10F gets oneshotted in any way when she's at least halfway buffed. She does however get smeared up the walls in a bossfight's first turn, since she tends to be unbuffed for the first attack, but she almost always survives.

Bananamatic

« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2010, 09:22:28 PM »
F10/11/12

fuckin switches, how do they work

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2010, 09:26:21 PM »
F10/11/12

This 3-floor puzzle can take a long time. It's definitely one of the more lengthy floors to do, second in :effort: only to 18F. That fact that it's three whole floors kinda makes up for it, though.

Basically, when a switch is ON, you can pass through colored barriers that are filled with light. When the switch is OFF, the colored barriers that look more empty may be walked through. And there are three different colors/switches, so... oh dear.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2010, 09:41:17 PM »
F10/11/12

You'll be crying blood in the end, good sir. One part has you run for your money, so to speak, having a long-ass trek to push buttons left and right and up and down. Ha ha ha!

Sorry, feeling a bit sadistic, having cleared it myself. Also, fuckin magnets

Also, for those doing NG+ and not wanting to arse themselves with the first few bosses, just throw Slacker at them. They have almost no DTH resistance, it's quite funny actually. I've oneshotted China, Chen and Youmu so far thanks to slackah.

Bananamatic

« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2010, 09:51:53 PM »
went for the second F8 girl

second attempt ever at the boss(first one was underleveled), almost no chars left, 1 turn before FH, used Yin-Yang Orb, 2500...and he died.

Bananamatic

« Reply #155 on: June 11, 2010, 09:55:37 PM »
how long are the plus disk floors

also will the bonus disk work on 2.04?

EDIT: goddamnit doublepost
I should go to bed

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #156 on: June 11, 2010, 09:57:44 PM »
how long are the plus disk floors

also will the bonus disk work on 2.04?

EDIT: goddamnit doublepost
I should go to bed
Depends on the floor (28F is... ): ) , and yes.

Plus Disk isn't nearly as fun as the normal game.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Earthsiege

• Rational Anarchist
  • The balance of power MUST be preserved.
« Reply #157 on: June 11, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »
Plus Disk basically goes something like "hmmhmm...knock out a few floors, grind a bunch...grind massively for 25F...dick around a while...oh look another grindwall...and another...last few floors...yay last floor AND I NEED TO BE 400 TO DO ANYTHING ON THIS FLOOR AND 500 FOR THE NEXT BOSSES AND 600 FOR THE LAST BOSS FUCK THIS THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGggggggg.....*echo*"

I hope that special version or whatever they're calling it makes the Plus DIsk grindwalls more manageable. I like this game a lot but I'd rather do things like see the sun a few minutes a day than grind into next year.
http://pastebin.com/DzbzqF0k - LoT2 reference list. If anyone catches anything, drop me a line.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
  • I'm never on :V
« Reply #158 on: June 11, 2010, 11:06:02 PM »
Plus Disk basically goes something like "hmmhmm...knock out a few floors, grind a bunch...grind massively for 25F...dick around a while...oh look another grindwall...and another...last few floors...yay last floor AND I NEED TO BE 400 TO DO ANYTHING ON THIS FLOOR AND 500 FOR THE NEXT BOSSES AND 600 FOR THE LAST BOSS FUCK THIS THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGggggggg.....*echo*"

I hope that special version or whatever they're calling it makes the Plus DIsk grindwalls more manageable. I like this game a lot but I'd rather do things like see the sun a few minutes a day than grind into next year.

According to their main site, they will.
Also, what's recommended lvl for F15 girl?  My F10 girl with 100% def and mnd paralyzed in first slot kept getting so many hits..

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #159 on: June 12, 2010, 01:41:11 AM »
I'm curious how badly the translation patch for 2.04 will get fuxed up with the special disk too. To be honest I really doubt I'm capable of updating the patch, but I might attempt it if the crew who patched the game don't do it.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #160 on: June 12, 2010, 04:10:27 AM »
Am I the only one who's getting
Spoiler:
Forbidden Fruit
spam from 15F?  She does it like 4 times in a row, random attack, and spam some more.

« Reply #161 on: June 12, 2010, 04:38:54 AM »
Am I the only one who's getting
Spoiler:
Forbidden Fruit
spam from 15F?  She does it like 4 times in a row, random attack, and spam some more.
She was more fond of one-shotting my tank with slash dive for me.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #162 on: June 12, 2010, 04:41:49 AM »
She also loves to Slash Dive my Reimu in first 3 turns..  This will take a while.

« Reply #163 on: June 12, 2010, 04:45:56 AM »
She also loves to Slash Dive my Reimu in first 3 turns..  This will take a while.
My strategy for the fight was pretty much this:

1. Have
Spoiler:
Tenshi, Reimu, Ran, and Aya/Sakuya buffspam.  Don't bother healing.
2. After the first nuke, switch in
Spoiler:
Sanae
and
Spoiler:
Kaguya
3. Spam 
Spoiler:
Miracle Fruit
on
Spoiler:
Kaguya
, have
Spoiler:
Kaguya
spam
Spoiler:
Hourai Barrage
for 100k+ damage (assuming ~level 65)
4. Put
Spoiler:
Sanae/Kaguya
in the reserve slots whenever you expect one of the composite nukes.  Watch as
Spoiler:
Tenshi
takes 0 damage.

Rinse and repeat.

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #164 on: June 12, 2010, 05:00:41 AM »
Time to grind with
Spoiler:
Sanae, Mokou, Reisen, and Eirin
to unlock
Spoiler:
Kaguya
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 05:15:05 AM by Space »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2010, 05:09:23 AM »
> Ok... can anyone explain why the game goes uber slow whenever it tries loading(the screen shifting black, then shifting to something else, but for me it lags out before it shifts to the "something else") or I use something flashy/big/worth using like Master Spark?

« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2010, 05:10:55 AM »
> Ok... can anyone explain why the game goes uber slow whenever it tries loading(the screen shifting black, then shifting to something else, but for me it lags out before it shifts to the "something else") or I use something flashy/big/worth using like Master Spark?
Like I said earlier, v2.04 lags like hell for me, but v2.06 runs just fine.

IBakaChan

« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2010, 01:09:53 PM »
Mine only lags when I use Fantasy Seal(Right about the last 2 balls)...
MASTAH SPAAARK doesn't affect the game for me owo

Bananamatic

« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »
what is BP and how is it required for recruiting characters

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2010, 01:32:50 PM »
what is BP and how is it required for recruiting characters
When you fight a battle, everyone in your active party when you start will gain 1 BP. Everyone in the party when you win will gain 1 BP.

I think one of those might affect all 12 people and not just the four in your party, but I don't really remember.

Whoever has the most BP will be the character on your Saves. That's the only thing it affects, other then a few characters/events that require having a minimum amount of BP on certain character(s).

Axel Ryman

• Fear me
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2010, 01:37:04 PM »
Nope only the 4 frontline members get the BP.

Bananamatic

« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2010, 01:49:33 PM »
Looks like I'm going to miss some characters :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »
Well in that case, no need to keep asking questions about the Plus Disk content you'll never get to see :V

IBakaChan

« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »
Has any of you had any trouble when you got the game?

I helped a friend of mine get it, but when we tried launching it it just goes "poof".
Well, it plays the music, and starts showing the pink background, but then the game just closes.

I tried everything that it told me to do, downloaded the required fonts, installed AppLocale, renamed the folders, moved it to diffrent harddrives... But it doesn't want to work!

Anyone who've had this problem?

Bananamatic

« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2010, 02:01:43 PM »
I just wanted to see the Cave bosses anyways :V

and how to reach the f10 girl

all switches off and I don't feel like screwing around with 50 stairs at once

EDIT: forget that

also Beast of Centaurea=Pink Sweets

EDIT2: lol f10 girl

her big attack left only China alive, then I paralyzed her for a minute or so with 8f and pulled a 78% buff Master Spark
won on first attempt
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 04:00:52 PM by Bananamatic »

« Reply #175 on: June 12, 2010, 04:26:01 PM »
I just wanted to see the Cave bosses anyways :V

and how to reach the f10 girl

all switches off and I don't feel like screwing around with 50 stairs at once

EDIT: forget that

also Beast of Centaurea=Pink Sweets

EDIT2: Ha ha, old chap! f10 girl

her big attack left only China alive, then I paralyzed her for a minute or so with 8f and pulled a 78% buff Master Spark
won on first attempt

8F makes many bosses slightly too easy if one is lucky. Especially after loading her full with ATK to do some real decent damage, too. Also, make sure that if you use 10F on bosses that use Rasetsu Fist, have about 6500+ hp or a backup tank, and either Minoriko or
Spoiler:
P2
ready to heal her should she survive. Haven't played beyond 18F before deciding to say fuck it and do a NG+ game, so I don't know how ill she'll fare beyond 20F. I feel cheap~.

Bananamatic

« Reply #176 on: June 12, 2010, 04:55:11 PM »
lol floor 12

won by brainless nuking on second attempt

« Reply #177 on: June 12, 2010, 05:20:06 PM »
Ha ha, old chap! floor 12

won by brainless nuking on second attempt

Jerk. I spent a few days worth of grinding and theorycrafting to get me past that. Kept crying blood over the panic-attacks near the end.

Having a bad habit of getting lucky like fuck and able to skip a lot of grinding that way, so I keep falling behind on levels and SKP.

Bananamatic

« Reply #178 on: June 12, 2010, 06:08:35 PM »
never stopped to grind, just fought what I found along the way

F8 buff+Royal Flare=wtf damage
then I ran out of patchy juice so I put up whatever I had in reserve and won

most of the time I took little or no damage from attacks(except for F9 getting 1 shotted before she got a turn)

Inactive person

• カナ●アナベラルは俺の嫁 異議は認めない
« Reply #179 on: June 12, 2010, 08:36:34 PM »
Defeated
Spoiler:
Kaguya's Foe
in first try.  I thought I was dead from the unexpected fire, but 8F somehow managed to survive, brought out Remilia, and the Gungnir managed to finished it off.  Now, to the 15F girl.