Author Topic: Your Touhou Secret Shames  (Read 31248 times)

Phlegeth

• DPS LFG
  • Time expired: 121:45
Re: Your Touhou Secret Shames
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2010, 05:15:50 PM »
Diagonal Bullets, just diagonal bullets.  Case in point, Scene 8-1 from Double Spoiler took me 638 tries.  I got to the last shot within the first few attempts too.  That was quickly followed by me failing repeatedly to squeak past bullets.  Don't know what it is about diagonal bullets but I always want to run the wrong way.  Also, this has nothing to do with Diagonal Bullets, but the stage itself.  I think Orin made clicking noises just to mess with me.  Cause I "tackled" her a couple of times cause I thought I heard my camera click like it was ready.

Neo Aemilius

• Born with Divine Grace...
  • To love a person, one doesn't need a heart ...
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2010, 09:40:55 AM »
Tackled a SINGLE (the Only bullet in the screen) bullet of the fairy >.<

Sleeping Terror

omgrandomnumbers

• ( Very Slowly) Rising Star
  • Physically unable to take it easy
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2010, 05:42:31 PM »
I have not 1cc'd Imperishable Night with default lives as any team, nor have I managed a 1cc with a non-Border Team character. Pathetic, I know. My first 1cc, and I pretty much moved on to other things from then on. Managed a Hard Mode Border Team default lives run that almost 1cc'd, but I don't have the motivation to go ahead with it. Not very fun in comparison to SA, anyways.

« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2010, 07:13:13 PM »
I can't capture the Aya vs Aya spell in Shoot the Bullet. My best ever attempt was 5 pictures out of 9.
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2010, 06:16:11 AM »
I've kamikaze'd into incoming bosses more times then I care to count.  I'm especially guilty of this when Aya comes in in MoF.

Elric of Grans

« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2010, 11:01:22 PM »
I used to struggle with Icicle Fall - Normal.  No, seriously.  It took a week of training to beat it the first time.

To this day, I still find Patchi's Non-Directional Laser (not even a spellcard!) harder than anything else the throws out, and harder than most of Sakuya's cards.  I know it should be easy, and have got past it plenty of times, but I think it is like Pavlov's dog: Patchi has smacked me with is so many times that I cry at the merest suggestion of the spell.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2010, 03:41:03 AM »
I still can't capture Icicle Fall on normal.  That and I can ruin a perfect run through on EoSD by getting killed up to 4 times in the dumbest ways on stage 3 and on Meilings battle like by running into the last bullets on the screen or other silliness. 

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2010, 06:01:16 AM »
I have not 1cc'd Imperishable Night with default lives as any team, nor have I managed a 1cc with a non-Border Team character. Pathetic, I know. My first 1cc, and I pretty much moved on to other things from then on. Managed a Hard Mode Border Team default lives run that almost 1cc'd, but I don't have the motivation to go ahead with it. Not very fun in comparison to SA, anyways.

I've yet to beat it at all (on Normal), even /with/ max'd lives and the Border Team. (Marisa and Reisen always trip me up.)

Also: I have never beaten Parsee on Normal. Friggin' flowermazedanmaku stuff...

And, I don't know why, but I have once lost to Rumia. :|

« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »
Also: I have never beaten Parsee on Normal. Friggin' flowermazedanmaku stuff...
I was actually at that point until a few days ago.

Then Yuugi raped me.

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2010, 08:04:34 PM »
Back when I was a n00b and didn't know what Last Words were, I loaded up Unreasonable Butterfly Storm thinking "Oh. This is probably Wriggle's card. She was a first stage boss, this should be easy!"

Only half of that turned out to be true.

Also, I'm pretty sure every single death I make in MoF and up are clipdeaths as opposed to legitimate failures.  :V

Chainsaw Guitar

« Reply #130 on: July 22, 2010, 01:41:31 AM »
Spoiler:
Instead of accepting myself as an easy mode failure forever, I instead switch the game to slow mode.

« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2010, 05:38:50 AM »
I think Lunatic Chen is a harder Stage 2 boss than Lunatic Kogasa :ohdear:

Lord Phantasm Satori

• Permabanned
  • RIP 7/21/2010-9/10/2010
« Reply #132 on: July 22, 2010, 06:40:56 AM »
I have only beaten IN on easy. the rest of the touhou games I have yet to beat.  :(

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2010, 10:57:12 PM »
I somehow managed to die twice to Nazrin's second non-spell on EASY.

*headdesk*

« Reply #134 on: July 24, 2010, 01:21:34 AM »
Pretty much every single 1cc above Easy were done with ReimuA and only her. I 1cc'ed EoSD and IN Extra a year ago, and have yet to do it again with another character (or simply another time).

That should explain why my skill level is at a standstill since like forever  :V
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Alice★f

• That uncanny smile...
  • Kuroya Shinobu strikes again
    • TsundereWorks' Mo? Blog
« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2010, 04:12:10 AM »
I'm temporarily off Touhou.

When I get back, I might be going back to Normal... *sigh*

DeviantArtPixivTsundere WorksYoutubeNEW! Liz Triangle's S4U
日本語勉強中 | Touhou Hard Modo Gamer

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #136 on: July 26, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »
EoSD - Having to bombspam during ALL of Sakuya (even on easy), and during Flandre's "Maze of Love".
PCB - Having no lives, bombs, or an idea of how to survive the last wave of Yukari's Arcanum "Danmaku Bounded Field".
IN - Getting Wriggle Kicked, clearly when I knew Wriggle loves to make dynamic entrances.
SA - Dying at the very end of "Hell's Artificial Sun" on Normal (ruined my chances at unlocking Extra)
UFO - Shou

though my worst on is~
Dying during the slow-motion part after you beat Kanako's Mountain of Faith on Normal.
First I was like yay~ then I was like...

« Reply #137 on: July 26, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »
I missed just about all of my deathbombs in MoF normal last night, I'm surprised I even made it to Sanae.  :getdown:

« Reply #138 on: July 30, 2010, 07:11:50 AM »
I can't clear any of the Rumia stages on StB.  I have a running total of 43 pictures for 1-6.   I don't remember the others off the top of my head, but they weren't low numbers.

Ai-chann

• Touhou Rookie
  • IT'S TOUHOU TIME
« Reply #139 on: August 08, 2010, 04:18:33 AM »
This thread makes me feel so much better about myself as a Touhou player.

But to contribute...

I really hate the continue system in MoF and onward.  They give you three lives and expect you to clear the stage from the beginning?  I'll never be able to beat any of them.  ;_;

But I guess it's good practice...just wish I could access the stage I can't beat in practice mode.     :yukkuri:

neosaver

• Get lost
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2010, 02:34:40 PM »
Hum, I suppose I dislike the end of Hourai Elixir and Mishaguji, you know, the bullets cross over them and you have to pass at the right time, well, I fail always at things like this, it's logical, but I have no logic. :(

Same for Silent Selene, it's easy if you stay in front of her at the beginning, but I always stay on the bottom for no apparent reason and I got screwed. I'm shy I think.

The survival of Nue too, I cleared it once, it's only memory there, but it's rare I capture it again, because I don't do the right move.

Well, that's about it. :V
In construction.

Doll.S CUBE

• I Have A New Obssession
  • ♥Puppy Love♥
« Reply #141 on: August 11, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »
I can never get past level 3 on normal on any official touhou games without a continue, yes all official touhou games(also what amounts to a level 3 boss for StB). But I'm trying.

« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2010, 01:29:05 PM »
I cant even beat Stage 5 on PCB with marisa on easy without wasting at least 2-3 lives on the non-spell cards  -_- Tho I oddly enough do fine with reimu or sakuya.

On IN I have never gone through the actual stage part of the extra without losing a life, Stupid mach speed bullets.... and demon keine...

SAS

• The Worst Person In the World
  • I have a deathwish
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2010, 07:15:45 PM »
I never bothered to 1cc IN lunatic.

HyperGumba

• Substitutional Immortality
  • Touhou MUCK's PR Person or something
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »
I died AFTER clearing Hourai Elixir on Lunatic by crashing in Kaguya  :derp:

Clicking the signature leads you to our flash-based web client! ~ Here is some extensive info on TM! ~ I also have a Tumblr now!

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2010, 07:50:04 PM »
I was actually at that point until a few days ago.

Then Yuugi raped me.

Really, really belated response, but I just got to Yuugi. The flowermaze is looking like a very, very nice thing now...

(I've also realized that I can't dodge a screen full of bubbles and have a deep fear of lasers...)

SPEAKING OF LASERS. Satori's first card. (Again, Normal, etc etc) It makes me sad.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2010, 08:02:23 PM »
Tried to improve my GFW extra score

Died FOUR TIMES to the midboss opener.

« Reply #147 on: August 20, 2010, 09:01:35 PM »
I can't 1CC PoFV on easy mode if I don't have 5 lives... :/

ArteShy

• Sure you're straight dash....
  • ...I totally believe you
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2010, 09:15:49 PM »
Biorhytm of the Apotropaic God. Nuff said.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2010, 12:00:20 AM »
I have a better spell history against Peerless Wind God than Storm Day. 8(
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet