Author Topic: STG THREAD 5 WAS PREPARED WITH MUCH TROUBLE. YOU DO WHAT.  (Read 123843 times)

Re: STG THREAD 5 WAS PREPARED WITH MUCH TROUBLE. YOU DO WHAT.
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2010, 03:33:42 AM »
Dogyuun's final stage is awesome.

Giant robot boxing. In a shmup. And we all thought Treasure was innovative. :V

LtC

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2010, 04:41:45 AM »
Cleared BWR's stage 5 Hell in training mode (inc TLB). Now I'd just need to pull this off on a real run ;/

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2010, 04:57:37 AM »
Cleared BWR's stage 5 Hell in training mode (inc TLB). Now I'd just need to pull this off on a real run ;/

LtC,  what music did you have playing during Stage 5? It sounds so familiar.

LtC

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2010, 05:01:27 AM »
LtC,  what music did you have playing during Stage 5? It sounds so familiar.
http://world-of-arcades.net/stgc09/
Track #14 - Bio Tech v3 - The Coop

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2010, 05:07:45 AM »
Ah, Thunderforce IV. That's where I know it from.

Nice run, too. Most of that TLB's attacks are beyond me.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »
Tried out DOJ as a result of Sapz' prodding.  You really don't realize how fuckdamn frightening DOJ Hibachi is until you boot up 2-5 Simulation and try it yourself (actually, I guess this goes for the rest of the game as well; I can't fathom 1ccing even the first loop at all).
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Matsuri

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2010, 01:01:41 PM »
Tried out DOJ as a result of Sapz' prodding.  You really don't realize how fuckdamn frightening DOJ Hibachi is until you boot up 2-5 Simulation and try it yourself (actually, I guess this goes for the rest of the game as well; I can't fathom 1ccing even the first loop at all).
Have you tried Double DEATH LABEL Hibachi yet? :P

Bananamatic

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2010, 01:10:29 PM »
Have you tried Double DEATH LABEL Hibachi yet? :P
doesn't a hyper take out half of his HP without any effort though? he has huge shotgun space at the beginning

Matsuri

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2010, 01:16:11 PM »
Not that I'm aware of.

Good luck getting that far without Shotia, anyway :V

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2010, 01:18:57 PM »
All this DOJ talk here makes me want 5pb to release the damn patch already so I can play the game!

Although I have very little hope they will actually release it.

At least I bought it on ebay for very little money, so if anything, it will get more expensive over time =P
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2010, 02:21:17 PM »
I'm guessing to change the BWR music, I just name other music with te same file name and overwrite it, but which stages and bosses does each music in the directory normally cover?

Bananamatic

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2010, 03:23:18 PM »
Do it by ear :V

Did Gigafacer in practice, best I've managed was 6 bombs 1 death.

First attack first phase - trivial
Second attack second phase - 2 bombs

Second attack - trivial until he uses 2 waves at once, bomb

Third attack - first wave dodge, second wave bomb
don't screw up on the hands, repeat 3 times

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2010, 03:50:18 PM »
What the fuck?

50,000,000 extend during the transition from stage 1 to stage 2.

Use 3 bombs on second boss cause I suck. Derp and bombspam third boss.

Stage 3 Faintear is a hell of a lot harder than I remembered. I lost the rest of my lives to her and didn't even break 80,000,000. I'll probably never get 50,000,000 on Stage 1 anytime again. Okay, maybe again, but not anytime soon.

I really need to practice Stage 2 boss, figure out how to score on Stage 2, practice stage 3 bosses, practice stage 4 bosses. I just wish I didn't have to replay the level just to practice them.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:04:06 PM by Enigma »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »
DOJ Hibachi has the angriest feeling danmaku of anything I've ever played. The 1cc is damn tough, too, though it becomes a lot easier after you know what's coming.
doesn't a hyper take out half of his HP without any effort though? he has huge shotgun space at the beginning
I think you can kind of do this; but then, this relies on both having a hyper at the time (you really don't get them that often) and knowing the fight well enough to know where to shotgun from and how long it's safe to shotgun for and stuff like that. Also, their next two attacks are much worse. :V Bear in mind, I've never reached them, so I'm taking this from videos and the like.
Not that I'm aware of.

Good luck getting that far without Shotia, anyway :V
Psssh, A-Exy all the way~ Managed to get to the beginning of the Stage 5 boss in Death Label with her once. :P

Spoiler:
Shotia's bomb HEALS THE BOSSES JESUS CHRIST Exy's kind of does too but that doesn't start until the Stage 4 boss or so ;_; Terrifying stuff.
All this DOJ talk here makes me want 5pb to release the damn patch already so I can play the game!

Although I have very little hope they will actually release it.

At least I bought it on ebay for very little money, so if anything, it will get more expensive over time =P
Ehh, I'm hoping they might get around to it now that they're done with Ketsui... which still hasn't arrived yet. :< I'm beginning to wonder if something happened to it.

Anywho, after much practice, DOJ Stage 5 2-miss. So many places to slip up... and that beehive section is pretty horrifying. It's like the hardest parts of DDP stage 4 and 6 at the same time. :V
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 04:25:51 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Matsuri

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2010, 04:35:42 PM »
No they don't, only Leinyan and Exy's do, as far as I recall. That's why getting to double Hibachi with Shotia is much easier than the other two. :P

And I've made it to stage 5 with Exy before as well. Crazy stuff.

« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »
Got the second and third attacks of the second boss in THE figured out. Both are pretty much read and dodges.

The first one though is still an auto bomb for me at the moment. Also saw the 4th and final pattern for this boss for the first time earlier, and at the moment, it's pretty much autobomb, though I'm sure there's some way to do it.

Not much luck in figuring out the stage 3 boss attacks. Stage 4 midboss, postmidboss, and boss will be  a pain in the ass to figure out. You do get more than enough items for the stage 4 boss patterns for the part before it though assuming you don't die, but the boss is pretty tough, also has bomb immunity.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2010, 04:44:32 PM »
No they don't, only Leinyan and Exy's do, as far as I recall. That's why getting to double Hibachi with Shotia is much easier than the other two. :P

And I've made it to stage 5 with Exy before as well. Crazy stuff.
Hmmm. I must investigate this. :V

EDIT: ...Dual Hibachi reached. :V Yeah that was pretty much a cakewalk until the part where bomb invincibility kicks in, at which point I died horribly due to the useless laser speed. Guess I must have mixed it up with Leinyan who seems to be healing bosses from Stage 1.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:08:38 PM by Sapz »
Let's fight.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2010, 05:47:14 PM »
Oh wow, getting there was indeed a cakewalk after reading that post and realizing that Leinyan is absolute fail (I think I just randomly decided to use Leinyan during my first attempt at Death Label, saw the whole bomb healing thing, and thought "oh, if bombs are so useless, no point in using Shotia").

That said, I only saw half a wave of Hibachi^2.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Matsuri

« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2010, 05:54:36 PM »
Yeah, if you're using Leinyan in DEATH LABEL you're either insanely good, or just plain insane. :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2010, 05:56:34 PM »
Why is ESP Ra.De. so goddamn hard...seriously, the second extend is way too hard to get, the bombs do almost nothing to the bosses and stages 5 and 6 are another game compared to 1-4.

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2010, 06:14:08 PM »
I can't find the THE scorerun I found on Youtube a while back. And most of the vids on there are either on nondefaults, are on easy modo where you can shoot most of the bullets to get rid of them, or both. Wanted to at least watch the bosses. The guy got the 100,000,000 extend on stage 1 also which is pretty ridiculous.

Almost nothing on there either. Sucks when you're trying to do a run of a shmup that isn't as popular and can't find good run vids to study.

Edit: Chose to start at stage 2 for practice on the stage. 1DNB Stage 2.

Derped the boss's first attack and somehow cleared the final without bombing. Not really sure of the strategy for its final attack yet though.

Edit again: Perfect stage 2, still not sure about the final.

Another: 2DNB Stage 4, ND2B Final stage. I think I should grind stage 2 boss, stage 3, and stage 4 then a no miss could possibly happen while fighting all boss patterns.

You know, when I got this game a long time ago, I thought it was nearly impossible even with the anchoring mechanic. Going back to it even over a year later and with all that Touhou experience as well as RFA and a few other shmups and its pretty easy for the most part. Now if only I could figure out some of these attacks.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:14:13 PM by Enigma »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2010, 08:38:41 PM »
Why does Blue Wish Resurrection Plus run down to a crawl when I try to play it while the original runs perfectly?
I don't understand this at all.  :/

Anyway, 1cc'd original mode on the original version.
This game is really fun~

Bananamatic

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2010, 08:39:23 PM »
Why does Blue Wish Resurrection Plus run down to a crawl when I try to play it while the original runs perfectly?
I don't understand this at all.  :/

Anyway, 1cc'd original mode on the original version.
This game is really fun~
the "wait" option causes slowdown with many bullets

turn it off

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2010, 08:51:33 PM »
I have it off.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2010, 09:04:48 PM »
Yeah, if you're using Leinyan in DEATH LABEL you're either insanely good, or just plain insane. :V

eeeeh? I always use laser type...

am i wrong in doing so? o.o and why would that be?

should i use shot type or the third one which i can never remember?
Watch me on Youtube

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2010, 09:06:18 PM »
you know what game I would -really- like to see a WAIT OFF option for?

Mushihimesama Futari.

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.

Bananamatic

« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2010, 09:32:08 PM »
man, gigafacer

almost got a no miss run, died just before he did...and then died again before I poked it and he died.

Uploading it anyways, every single bomb/miss can be blamed on the turbo fan wave so I guess it's within human limits.

EDIT: actually, the death was against the hands.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 09:41:11 PM by Bananamatic »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2010, 09:54:07 PM »
Man, I'm sort of getting much better on DDP. Making 300+ chains with ease? Man.
Man.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2010, 10:26:04 PM »
you know what game I would -really- like to see a WAIT OFF option for?

Mushihimesama Futari.

why would you ever want thatt @__@
Watch me on Youtube

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2010, 12:02:35 AM »
For the lulz (to see how insane all 3 modes can be)
EDIT: holy shit Bananamatic that Gigafacer vid was nuts.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 01:06:09 AM by SFKhoa改 »

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.