Author Topic: Otakon 2010 - July 30-August 1, Baltimore MD.  (Read 125169 times)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
Re: Otakon 2010 - July 30-August 1, Baltimore MD.
« Reply #150 on: June 22, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »
Waitlisted  :fail:

On the plus side, since I already wrote the paper my panel's based on so I could graduate from college it shouldn't be too hard to throw together.

And apparently MJP has heard nothing either way with regards to his panel  :ohdear:

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2010, 04:36:50 AM »
Quote from: The Eva Monkey
The final notifications (all waitlist) have gone out.  We will need to pull quite a few over the next few weeks in order to fill the gaps in the schedule, so a few more of you will get some good news soon.

For those of you who have been accepted as panelists for Otakon 2010, I will be in touch with you over the next few days in order to iron out any and all details pertaining to your registration compensation.

You both should have an e-mail by now. If not, maybe you got lost in the shuffle or something.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

triangles

« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2010, 01:03:15 PM »
MJP didn't get his until this morning, I had mine since yesterday morning so I guess his got mixed up somewhere or he was a more borderline case than me.

We also just had all of our roommates back out last night too awesome  ::)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2010, 02:11:54 PM »

Link in #shrinemaiden is looking for a room, I believe.  He's a perfectly cool guy IRL and I know he's attending this year.

... If you're looking for replacements, that is.

triangles

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2010, 02:24:05 PM »
We miiiiight be, we're gonna be exhausting our RL contacts first just because it's easier for us to show up at their houses oh hai whatup where are you.

I'll keep you all posted if that doesn't work so well.  It'll beat grabbing random SA goons hours before we got to the con like we had to do last year  :o :o :o

Edible

« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2010, 02:55:53 PM »
Man, I feel bad for all the artist's alley artists.

Some idiot decided it would be good to have an option to display your full contact information (full name, address, etc) on Otakon's website when you registered for the artist's alley, and leave it on by default.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #156 on: June 23, 2010, 10:39:41 PM »
And I'm set to be in a room of seven. Waking up to shower and shave my legs at 6am like the FIST OF THE NORTH STAR.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Edible

« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2010, 07:11:03 PM »
1. ANOTHER musical guest's bio is under review and may be our next announcement. Just waiting for the okay on that release.
2. Booking travel for our director, seiyu, and producer guests -- hopefully I'll have the bios by tonight and we can announce this weekend.
3. Confirmed 3 of four additional guests. Director, character designer, producer, and writer (if we are able to bring all four of them), as well as the US Premier of the show they worked on together. Hope to announce early next week.
4. Bio & press release in process for another US voice actor -- it's largely ready to go, so that may be tomorrow.
5. Gotta poke our manga-ka's folks one more time. He should be released soon too.
6. And I've given someone else until friday to get back to me.

So that's 10 or 11 more guests queued up. I just wish they hadn't all taken so long to solidify!

Jeez, talk about last-minute.

triangles

« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2010, 08:08:40 PM »
Seriously.
At least there's still hope there's a guest I'm psyched about who's in one of those catagories!

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
While nothing is guaranteed, there is a possibility I may just try to make Otakon after all. Still working out how much money I need and how I'm getting a room and how I'm getting up there in the first place though. Should have more data as this weekend goes on. Once I have a target fundage, I'll see if I can make it in time with some hard work :O

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2010, 02:16:33 AM »
I need R$5000 DD:
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2010, 02:35:51 AM »
I need R$5000 DD:
That's...a lot, ~$2,800!

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2010, 02:43:25 AM »
Travelling to the US won't cost less. Hooray third world.
I spent one week in Germany in 2007 and 6000 flew out the window.
                                                                                   .

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2010, 02:47:47 AM »
I need R$5000 DD:
@____@

What all is that for...?  I mean, how much of that is for flights?

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2010, 02:55:31 AM »
Travelling to the US won't cost less. Hooray third world.
I spent one week in Germany in 2007 and 6000 flew out the window.
$5000R = ~$2800USD

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2010, 04:07:54 AM »
$5000R = ~$2800USD
Yes, I know?

@____@

What all is that for...?  I mean, how much of that is for flights?
Ugh, I just checked in Brasil's biggest airliner's website, and I guess I'd need even more, because flights to Washington and back alone would cost 4000.
Yep, no Otakon for me
                                                                                   .

Reddyne

« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »
Should be finding out today or otherwise very soon about whether or not I'll be able to make it. Once again, the only thing separating me from anything is my boss at work, and he owes me some time off. Literally.

It kinda stinks to realize that a cape with a lining you sewed just doesn't feel right.  So I had to rip EVERY LAST STITCH ON A CAPE and I'm in the process of realigning the cape with the lining so it doesn't feel like I'm tying a really thin sleeping bag to my neck. Still, that took me such a long time just to make it through the stitches. Ugh.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2010, 11:56:51 AM »
Ugh, I just checked in Brasil's biggest airliner's website, and I guess I'd need even more, because flights to Washington and back alone would cost 4000.
Yep, no Otakon for me
Where are you flying out of?  Have you checked the flight reservation sites, like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.?  I'm thinking, at least if you're coming just for Otakon, that there's a few people here with space in their rooms, so that's one thing you wouldn't have to worry about (at least being expensive).  If you're staying longer there's still cheap places to stay.

triangles

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »
It kinda stinks to realize that a cape with a lining you sewed just doesn't feel right.  So I had to rip EVERY LAST STITCH ON A CAPE and I'm in the process of realigning the cape with the lining so it doesn't feel like I'm tying a really thin sleeping bag to my neck. Still, that took me such a long time just to make it through the stitches. Ugh.

Capes are tricky to fall right.  Are you using a pattern or just free-forming?

I get to go fabric shopping this weekend so I can actually start woo.  And interweb wig shopping oh boy!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2010, 07:54:15 PM »
Where are you flying out of?  Have you checked the flight reservation sites, like Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.?  I'm thinking, at least if you're coming just for Otakon, that there's a few people here with space in their rooms, so that's one thing you wouldn't have to worry about (at least being expensive).  If you're staying longer there's still cheap places to stay.

He's coming from Braaziiiiiiiiiilllllllll (do do doot, do do dodo doot~)

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2010, 08:54:33 PM »
Rio. Nah, it'san impossible trip for me, at least this year. Even if I had the money, Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me.
Also every time one leaves Brasil to travel abroad, one must bring a handful of spending money. Some shit is really expensive here.
                                                                                   .

Reddyne

« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2010, 11:58:18 PM »
Asked for time off today and got it! Never expected it out of my boss. Then again, he said all he needs is someone to assist with animal surgeries anyways. He also denied time off for my other co-worker who needs it to help her father who has been hospitalized. That guy is a piece of work.

Anyway, our road trip down will look something like this FOR EIGHT AND A HALF HOURS. Me in the back. Well, maybe with way too many people, travel goods, a misplaced human-sized crucifix, and Eurobeat or whatever the hell that music is that my buddy listens to. Either way, road trip time, Touhou paneru time, meetin' peeps time, and getting shot down by one less girl that I can emotionally bear time!
Capes are tricky to fall right.  Are you using a pattern or just free-forming?
A mixture of both, I suppose. The original pattern was larger and I downsized it a bit, making it effectively 2/3 the size or thereabouts. I thought I had done well with stitching the two together, but I guess hastily attaching the lining proves how inept I can be with such things.
I get to go fabric shopping this weekend so I can actually start woo.  And interweb wig shopping oh boy!
Red is a good boy who aaaaaaaalways passes his B grade homework in early!

Edit: I am burning this cape. I am burning this cape. I am burning this cape. I am burning this cape.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 03:33:17 AM by Reddyne »

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »
OK, I have established that I can make $20 a day by working 6 hours on transcription. If I keep it up, this means Otakon is a go. I still am desperately looking for a ride up and back. If anyone near Fredericksburg, VA (or that is going north) could give me a ride, I would like, amazingly love you forever.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2010, 02:34:29 AM »
My roadtrip is looking to be about 6 hours hopefully, straight up I-95!

I'm not looking forward to driving all night, I'll be leaving at about midnight or 1AM.  Ugh, only time I hate driving alone :<

triangles

« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2010, 02:52:22 AM »
My ride is... uh, I don't know, I want to come down Thursday night but MJP might not be able to so I'm gonna probably bum a ride from a friend or Megabus my way to victory!

...nevermind I don't have anywhere to sleep that night lined up yet DETAILS DETAILS.

Red is a good boy who aaaaaaaalways passes his B grade homework in early!

Hey if you count the costumes I already done I have half my Otakon stuff done already  :V
Not deciding on what your 4th outfit's gonna be definitely makes it hard to be done a month in advance, but I work best under pressure woooo.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2010, 03:05:48 AM »
So, it appears I have a ride! Thank you mysterious benefactor :O!

(I dunno if they wanna be named or not)

Next is figuring out a room for Thursday. I have Fri and Sat covered, and I'm leaving Sunday. I THINK I have some connections here, but I figured I'd post about it in case everything else falls through.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2010, 03:09:51 AM »
He's coming from Braaziiiiiiiiiilllllllll (do do doot, do do dodo doot~)
YOU

You're not coming, are you.  =|

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2010, 03:45:02 PM »
YOU

You're not coming, are you.  =|

At this point I have no clue... but it's been this way every year =P.  But honestly I don't have a ride or a place to stay so unlikely.  This year I can't drive so I either have to fly or carpool, noone lives near me and I'm near broke thanks to stupid ass car that keeps on breaking down.

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2010, 10:21:38 PM »
Thursday night room secured! 90% chance of Otakon. I'm pretty consistently making $20 a day, so I'll have a good budget for the con.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2010, 10:26:23 PM »
At this point I have no clue... but it's been this way every year =P.  But honestly I don't have a ride or a place to stay so unlikely.  This year I can't drive so I either have to fly or carpool, noone lives near me and I'm near broke thanks to stupid ass car that keeps on breaking down.
Greyhound has advanced purchase round-trip fares for $112 (departing Columbus).  Just need to find someone who'll share their room.

Thursday night room secured! 90% chance of Otakon. I'm pretty consistently making $20 a day, so I'll have a good budget for the con.
Excellent work, Kitten.