Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 141675 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #750 on: April 11, 2010, 04:15:44 AM »
>Follow along.
>"I think I sounded just a little too enthusiastic, given what just happened,  didn't I...?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #751 on: April 11, 2010, 05:03:55 AM »
>Follow along.
>"I think I sounded just a little too enthusiastic, given what just happened,  didn't I...?"
>You enter the house. It's rather cluttered; everything is... well, everywhere. You can't imagine anyone other then Veronica herself being able to find something in this mess.
>"Try not to think about it too much; we can't be bothered to worry about everything! Too much to do!"
>She grabs a few items and sits down in a chair. She gestures to another chair nearby. "So, what ideas do ya got?"

It's time to pick a spellcard to make!
----Voodoo Sign 『Suicide Victim』
Create a stitchface doll out of magic, that will explode upon reaching it's target. You can control it's movement magically, leave it in a spot like a mine, or throw it.
USING THE SPELLCARD:Functions similar to a spellcard in IaMP; when you declare it, it's like an extra ability that can be used for awhile. Doesn't require effort beyond actually creating the doll with magical energy.
----Curse Sign 『Haunted by Malevolent Spirits』
Fires something similar to a cheeto-laser, except that it continuously follows the target. Forces the opponent to keep moving around as it's being "haunted".
USING THE SPELLCARD:It doesn't require much concentration to keep up the cheeto laser, but it'll disappear if you get completely disrupted in some manner. Your ability to fire other kinds of danmaku isn't diminished too much.
----Amnesia 『The Parser Forgot What This One Was』
I'm sorry. Really. And you'll get over it, or Rainbows' going to pay you a visit.

----Doodles 『Sperm Fafrotskies』
The spellcard incarnation of your doodling habits! In this doodle, giant sperm (now in the form of curvy snake-like lasers with a oval bullet at the end) rain down from the sky upon the battlefield.
USING THIS SPELLCARD:A more spellcardy-spellcard. You're free to move about as you wish, but you cannot fire extra danmaku when using this.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:29:15 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #752 on: April 11, 2010, 05:06:03 AM »
##vote Voodoo Sign

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #753 on: April 11, 2010, 05:08:46 AM »
>Amnesia is sounding most in character. Cursin' and Voodoo don't seem very Berkeley-esque.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #754 on: April 11, 2010, 05:09:59 AM »
Amnesia, but ONLY is it results in a giant freaking laser thats all about power :V

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #755 on: April 11, 2010, 05:11:11 AM »
>Small lasers can be all about power, too.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #756 on: April 11, 2010, 05:13:46 AM »
>Amnesia is sounding most in character. Cursin' and Voodoo don't seem very Berkeley-esque.
Amnesia, but ONLY is it results in a giant freaking laser thats all about power :V

I SAID I'M SORRRYYYY ;-;

>If you do this, you're gonna get stuck with whatever crap I think of for Berkeley's next spellcard.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #757 on: April 11, 2010, 05:19:00 AM »
>If you do this, you're gonna get stuck with whatever crap I think of for Berkeley's next spellcard.

>I figured it would actually be amnesia and/or rainbow themed, and thus a lot more Berkeley style than the other things.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #758 on: April 11, 2010, 05:20:01 AM »
>Make it a card that shoots rainbows and robot unicorns

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #759 on: April 11, 2010, 05:23:05 AM »
>I figured it would actually be amnesia and/or rainbow themed, and thus a lot more Berkeley style than the other things.
>"The Parser Forgot What This One Was" and the "I'm sorry! Really!" was supposed to express that it wasn't really a spellcard!
>Make it a card that shoots rainbows and robot unicorns
>I do need to show that side of Berkeley, too. She just has dark hobbies, not a dark personality. Wait around till your next Blank Spellcard.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #760 on: April 11, 2010, 06:07:50 AM »
> Lets just make it a freaking laser, extra bullets are extra :V

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #761 on: April 11, 2010, 02:27:45 PM »
>Okay, I filled it in.

The spellcard incarnation of your doodling habits! In this doodle, giant sperm (now in the form of curvy snake-like lasers with a oval bullet at the end) rain down from the sky upon the battlefield.
USING THIS SPELLCARD:A more spellcardy-spellcard. You're free to move about as you wish, but you cannot fire extra danmaku when using this.

>Now the voting shall restart! Vooote.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #762 on: April 11, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »
>Okay, I filled it in.

>Now the voting shall restart! Vooote.
O_O

What have we done...

> Vote for first spellcard.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #763 on: April 11, 2010, 02:43:23 PM »
O_O

What have we done...

> Vote for first spellcard.
>The real-life inspiration for Berkeley seriously doodles stuff like that. Also where the stitchface dolls came from.

>Voodoo Sign:1 vote

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #764 on: April 11, 2010, 03:11:38 PM »
> Vote: Curse Sign~ Haunted By Malevolent Spirits

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #765 on: April 11, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »
##vote doodle sign

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #766 on: April 11, 2010, 06:44:55 PM »
>Doodle sign. It's personalized~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #767 on: April 11, 2010, 08:52:37 PM »
>Doodle 『Sperm Fafrotskies』 is the winner!
>You describe the spellcard, and Veronica gives you a weird stare. "That's... interesting..."

>An indeterminate amount of time later, you've obtained your first spellcard!
>Veronica hands it to you triumphantly. "Virgins all around the land shall cower in fear of your might!"

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #768 on: April 11, 2010, 08:54:17 PM »
>"Aren't you a virgin Veronica"
>"lol jk"
>Examine card

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
« Reply #769 on: April 11, 2010, 08:54:51 PM »
>Flex manly muscles pump your fist in the air and yell "Watch out estelle, here I come!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #770 on: April 11, 2010, 08:59:56 PM »
>"lol jk"
>Examine card

>C'mon dawg, nobody says lol =[
>"So how do they work, exactly?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #771 on: April 11, 2010, 09:26:52 PM »
>"lol jk"
>Examine card
>C'mon dawg, nobody says lol =[
>"So how do they work, exactly?"
>As you say this, she yells "BERKELEY!" in an embarrassed manner, then waggles her finger at you with a fake scolding expression on her face.
>The card has the name written on it, and shows a picture of raining sperm. Against certain people, it might be a valuable attack purely for the mindscrew factor.
>You ask Veronica just how to use a spellcard. "Well, it's kind of like using regular danmaku, except you have to be holding the spellcard. It's like... ahh, you'll see when you try it. Don't worry, it's not hard."
>Flex manly muscles pump your fist in the air and yell "Watch out estelle, here I come!"
>Veronica grins. "That's the spirit!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #772 on: April 11, 2010, 09:29:44 PM »
>"Alright, I'm going to go see if I can find anything Azalea left behind. I'll try to be back in a little bit."
>Recall directions, ask for clarification if needs be, then head out.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #773 on: April 11, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
>"Alright, I'm going to go see if I can find anything Azalea left behind. I'll try to be back in a little bit."
>Recall directions, ask for clarification if needs be, then head out.
>She nods. "Hope ya find something good."
>Southwest from the Village. You remember seeing it from the Abandoned Shrine, too.
>You head off out of the Village and through some fields of crops and then various plants and grasses. Before long, you see it ahead; a small, two-story house, with a very small porch and made of ancient-looking wood. It looks like it's practically falling apart, and has that haunted mansion kind of feeling about it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #774 on: April 11, 2010, 10:09:58 PM »
>Ponder the meaning of 'They don't build 'em like they used to' in light of seeing this kind of dilapidation during a place firmly within the 'Used To' era.
>Is Rinoa still following us?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #775 on: April 11, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »
>Ponder the meaning of 'They don't build 'em like they used to' in light of seeing this kind of dilapidation during a place firmly within the 'Used To' era.
>Is Rinoa still following us?
>That's quite the conundrum! Now that you think of it, do they even have the technology to make buildings like this?
>You seem to have lost her in the Village.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #776 on: April 11, 2010, 10:33:37 PM »
>Oh well, can't have her punch any ghosts we may encounter.
>Enter!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #777 on: April 11, 2010, 10:34:03 PM »
> Head to the house.
> Be cautious due to obvious reasons.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #778 on: April 11, 2010, 10:36:39 PM »
>Oh well, can't have her punch any ghosts we may encounter.
>Enter!
> Head to the house.
> Be cautious due to obvious reasons.
>Dammit! That would've been so hot cool to watch...
>You approach the house cautiously, and walk onto the porch. It creaks dangerously, but it seems to hold fine.
>The door to the house doesn't have a knob, but rather, a handle by which to open it. And it doesn't budge when you pull on it, either.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #779 on: April 11, 2010, 10:37:46 PM »
>Push instead