Author Topic: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)  (Read 156375 times)

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)
« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2010, 12:48:45 AM »

I wonder if I can actually make improvements on this (score-wise)? Well, only one way to find out. Scoring is pretty fundamental in this game, so I might just stick with that and see how different my scores become. Unfortunately, I mess up the static Final Phase. Well, that's a given though.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #91 on: March 06, 2010, 01:06:34 AM »
Seriously Baity, that is mean. ;_;

But still, I'm uploading this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ph1hONqZHc First 3 stages, with any luck I'll have the rest up before tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 01:53:51 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #92 on: March 06, 2010, 02:09:21 AM »
Blew past the 2 Billion mark for IN Extra with Magic Team (2,113,646,550 - Replay).  Still no Imperishable Shooting capture.  Ever.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?  I need a different game for a while...
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Heartbeam

« Reply #93 on: March 06, 2010, 03:54:16 AM »
Any suggestions on where to go from here?  I need a different game for a while...

Limiting to the scope of this series here's a nod to PCB Extra based on your earlier achievements with it and being close enough to IN's system.  However, compared to what you've been through you may be bored with the mostly low difficulty of the attacks.

Very splendid work, by the way!

« Reply #94 on: March 06, 2010, 08:35:26 AM »
Perfect Ichirin Lunatic

Right. I don't like UFO Lunatic but it still has a Stage 3 boss and because i'm on a quest to beat all Stage 3 bosses NDNB in the Windows Games UFO was a part of it. I had to spend more attempts on perfecting Alice but she was at least much more fun than Ichirin.

Bananamatic

« Reply #95 on: March 06, 2010, 08:39:07 AM »
my IN extra highscore is less than 1 bil
beat that

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #96 on: March 06, 2010, 10:03:12 AM »
So today I started with a 7 bombs 11 misses game over on Extreme Color Typhoon.
Worked myself up to a 22 bombs 11 misses 1cc with one life and two bombs left. What do we learn from that? Bomb more!

Anyways...

My first EoSD Lunatic 1cc, default lives.  :D

Now, with MoF and EoSD done, which one should I try next..?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Bananamatic

« Reply #97 on: March 06, 2010, 10:06:44 AM »
So today I started with a 7 bombs 11 misses game over on Extreme Color Typhoon.
Worked myself up to a 22 bombs 11 misses 1cc with one life and two bombs left. What do we learn from that? Bomb more!

Anyways...

My first EoSD Lunatic 1cc, default lives.  :D

Now, with MoF and EoSD done, which one should I try next..?
Default lives, right? :V
Either that game gives you too many bombs or lol I dunno

do PCB

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2010, 10:08:42 AM »
In EoSD, deathbombs are counted as misses.

Three starting lives, 1 from Meiling, 1 from Sakuya, 4 from score (I think)
9 lives total. 9*3=27

Plus 1 bomb from each Daiyosei, Koakuma and stage 6 Sakuya equals 30 bombs. Maybe I even missed something else...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 10:11:56 AM by Iryan »
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2010, 12:06:48 PM »
A bit overdue:

UFO Stage 2 Reimu A, No Deaths/No Bombs/No UFOs (aka: "I captured Parasol Star in a non-shit run")
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2010, 01:56:35 PM »
Hmm, I assume it'll mean nothing to this thread, but FINALLY beat one (yes only one  :V) of alices evil bastard bullet walling StB stages. Took a lot of ARRRRRRGGGing but finally got there.

only 5 more stages in this section to go, not looking forward to them but the feeling of acheivement when you beat them just cant be got elsewhere since its so bloody well hard.  :D

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2010, 02:17:49 PM »

MS lunatic 1cc'd with all characters.

I've got to say, out of all the shottypes, I found Yuka to be the least good out of all of them.
Her power isn't terrible great (espicially at low power) unless your shotgunning and her speed doesn't help much in dodging things like Yumeko's streams, cheeto lasers or collecting point items. Hmm...

I really wish I could practice the stages so I wouldn't be so horrible at this game.
Went into Yumeko 6/0 and finish the game 1/3. :C

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2010, 04:56:01 PM »
MoF Hard, No-Vertical. Got up to Sanae's last card before game overing (because one of the petal bullets spawned on top of me :V). I think I can definitely do this, if I can get rid of the retarded deaths on Stages 3 and 4...

Formless God

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »
I've just had the best Bone-Dry Monster capture ever.

I'm not sure how big these things are anymore.

Dashing out of that bullet's way. Note the shrinking hitbox :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2010, 09:30:59 PM »
VoWG Lunatic ND1B run (a deathbomb). Chose not to save the replay because it's hardly better than my ND2B run, and obviously not the capture I wanted.

So close, man. I'm still having trouble reading the gaps within the walls, but I've really improved reading the walls as a whole (finally getting used to the speed) over the past ten runs or so (history at 29 or 30 attempts, can't remember; still 0 captures).

The "kicker", if you can call it that, is that I've been interviewing for graduate school these past two weeks (three schools so far), and the trips are short enough to warrant not bringing my laptop (and thus Touhou) with me. These last ten runs I mentioned were all during this afternoon - as a whole, I've lately only been playing Touhou in decent-sized sessions (and I only unlocked VoWG Lunatic three days ago). Yet I'm this close to capturing "everyone's favorite card".
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2010, 10:15:10 PM »
26 graze. 26 more graze than any of you noobs will ever get.

It took me a few days, but I beat your graze count :D

Oh wait, graze, not spell card captures. I always get those two mixed up.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=7576

ps I'm not even happy with this run because of the RETARDED deaths in every fucking stage.

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2010, 11:36:37 PM »
Haven't played StB in about a month, and still managed to capture 8-4, 8-6, and 8-8 in only about an hour. 8-5 and 8-7, on the other hand...

Silentsword

• Ace Hakurei Attorney
  • Practical solutions to impractical problems!
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2010, 02:01:09 AM »
Limiting to the scope of this series here's a nod to PCB Extra based on your earlier achievements with it and being close enough to IN's system.  However, compared to what you've been through you may be bored with the mostly low difficulty of the attacks.

This promises to be interesting ^^;  It's amazing what I've forgotten in the year since I last took Ran on....

Very splendid work, by the way!

Thank you!
"But if I don't do this, then all that's left is to stand around and do nothing, and I've discovered I can't do that. That's the problem with the freedom of choice he was talking about: once you've got it, you can't live with yourself very comfortably if you choose not to exercise it." - Commander Warner Caslet.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2010, 02:33:43 AM »
Ugh...
I'm never going to touch StB ever again.
All I need to capture is Suika's fog spell.
Now to finish Suika's fog spell card...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 05:35:04 PM by Always Mew⑨ »

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2010, 04:45:05 AM »
Eventually, I did post the rest of my LLS lunatic 1cc.

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lttyd3hwQ3M

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41tc89E35JY

Warning: ENDING WITH TRANSLATION OH NOEZ.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Formless God

« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2010, 07:44:21 AM »
Another MoF Extra clear, this time with Jade and Mishaguji-sama captured.

... screwed up Snake Eats the Croaking Frog, Seven Trees, Froggy Braves the Elements, Red Frog and Suwa War pretty badly, though. Those things are brutal at 75 fps >_>

All in all it's your normal Extra clear, only with faster speed. Oh and the tension, the pressure <3

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #111 on: March 07, 2010, 07:56:55 AM »
Man, I've been having a terrible day today. Nothing truly accomplished, except for various things in StB from revisiting.

Been trying to work on this for hours:

But I felt that I really didn't do anything. If I could only clear it "properly", I would have 20mil instantly.

Maybe I should take 1-2 days off to relax a bit.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:58:56 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

« Reply #112 on: March 07, 2010, 12:57:51 PM »
ps I'm not even happy with this run because of the RETARDED deaths in every fucking stage.

T'was still pretty cool. Even though two deaths on Ephemerality 137 were almost laughable and the way you died on Kaguya's opener was totally :o

I gotta study your replay to figure out how to handle S3 NDNB with Border team.  :)

SupahVee1234

• Koishi isn't cute
  • would you like some deathbomb
« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2010, 02:15:52 PM »
TOUHOU 08 LUNATIC 1CC with a spare life and 3 bombs.

YES!

Bananamatic

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »
lol UFO lunatic

timed out ghost ship
captured her survival just because this time I decided to pass the first 2 waves THEN move and it became stupidly easy

I swear, I could 1cc ufo lunatic if I wanted to
unfortunately I don't
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 03:07:22 PM by Bananamatic »

Formless God

« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2010, 03:15:29 PM »
Do it do it do it :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2010, 03:22:23 PM »
I already have to study at school

now you want me to study when I even PLAY

NO

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »
MoF Stage 2 Lunatic perfect run.

About damn time. I suppose the stage portion isn't all that bad, once you learn how to do it, but the random elements of boss Hina's attacks are not fun. You have no idea how many times I got surprise-walled during Old Lady Ohgane's Fire - I go where it should be relatively open (and I am taking into account the different orientations), then all of a sudden the bullets align themselves into a wall stretching literally all the way to the edge of the screen. From the center.

And don't get me started on Exiled Doll.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2010, 10:42:18 PM »
T'was still pretty cool. Even though two deaths on Ephemerality 137 were almost laughable and the way you died on Kaguya's opener was totally :o

I gotta study your replay to figure out how to handle S3 NDNB with Border team.  :)

Pretty much the entire stage aside from Keine's first and third boss cards is static depending upon the player position. If you can get my route through the stage portion down (including the midboss) then it should work every time.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2010, 11:02:16 PM »
EoSD no focus lunatic 1cc

Because dying four times with bombs in stock is the manly way to do it!  8)

The Patchy fight was amazing, the rest was pretty shit IMO.
Got clipped like 5 freaking times. :|

I think the real accomplishment was that dodging on the stage 5 wall fairies.  :V
That, and my most legendary derp death that happened in the stage 6 portion.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 11:54:23 PM by Jaimers »