Author Topic: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)  (Read 157094 times)

Bananamatic

Re: Touhou "Bragging Rights" Thread (VII)
« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2010, 11:14:06 PM »
"remilia's not that bad"

tbh patchouli makes or breaks a 1cc

so far she only broke mine along with my keyboard

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2010, 11:40:26 PM »
Superman is still luckgarbage.
>If you stream it at the very bottom of the screen, charge speed, it shouldn't be too hard. After a little while into the card you'll need to speed up sometimes to dodge a butterfly, but other then that, as long as you change directions as needed after taking a shot... it should be fine.

Wait, did I just start my paragraph with >? Fffff-
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2010, 11:50:14 PM »
"remilia's not that bad"

tbh patchouli makes or breaks a 1cc

so far she only broke mine along with my keyboard

With ReimuA? Nah. She's got a pretty easy Patchy battle. ReimuA 1cc's are made or broken by things that suddenly become bullshit due to ReimuA's weak shot, like the fairy wall at the end of stage 4 and the wall fairies before midboss Sakuya in stage 5.

Bananamatic

« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2010, 12:06:30 AM »
With ReimuA? Nah. She's got a pretty easy Patchy battle. ReimuA 1cc's are made or broken by things that suddenly become bullshit due to ReimuA's weak shot, like the fairy wall at the end of stage 4 and the wall fairies before midboss Sakuya in stage 5.
maybe I should start trying to 1cc with her instead of reimuB

usual run: no death up to st4, perfect china

patchy:
barely clipped by ndl
fucked over by bury in lake
shitty hitboxes kicking in on water elf
=
alt+f4

« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2010, 12:38:24 AM »
It doesn't matter which shottype I use.

Patchouli is still a BS boss towards me.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #126 on: March 08, 2010, 12:50:17 AM »
I recently deleted my score.dat in StB and started over. I'm already up to all scenes until stage 6 cleared, and I just went ahead and beat 9-1. That one is SO irritating.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #127 on: March 08, 2010, 01:17:32 AM »
>If you stream it at the very bottom of the screen, charge speed, it shouldn't be too hard. After a little while into the card you'll need to speed up sometimes to dodge a butterfly, but other then that, as long as you change directions as needed after taking a shot... it should be fine.

Wait, did I just start my paragraph with >? Fffff-
You forgot the last shot.  You know, the one where Ran chainsaws down the screen faster than you can get away with your charge speed.

9-1. That one is SO irritating
THAT one... I'm still not sure how I did it.  There is a pattern to it, but it's still the next best thing to a solid wall.

nintendonut888

« Reply #128 on: March 08, 2010, 01:28:10 AM »
You forgot the last shot.  You know, the one where Ran chainsaws down the screen faster than you can get away with your charge speed.

Actually, if you pay attention, it's not that you can't outrun her; it's that it's so close that the RNG will sometimes spawn bullets on top of you. Still turns the last two shots into luck garbage though. -_-
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Kefit

« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2010, 01:33:54 AM »
I thought this would take me longer than an afternoon to do since I haven't played PCB since 2008:

For some reason starting lives were set at five (god knows what I was trying to do in 2008), and I didn't notice this until the end of stage three in the single full game attempt it took me to pull this off. However, I finished with four lives in stock and never dipped below three, so it doesn't matter except for giving me a lower score. Anyway, a couple of hilarious deaths due to not remembering how random things work (such as most of stage 6), but overall a fairly decent run. Also no intentionally broken borders, though I must say that I was mightily tempted to do so at the end of stage five.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=7590

ps Amusingly, this is still my top score despite the five starting lives score penalty thing. Just goes to show how little I play this game, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 01:51:06 AM by Kefit »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2010, 02:03:22 AM »
Finally got scene 5-5 in StB. That's the Meiling jump kick with 360 curving danmaku spread, it's soo... pure dodging at the highest speed, which is fun really, but it's luck. "97 shots taken".

Now the only one I don't have in the first 8 levels is 8-5 (Eighty Million Holy Boards) and 3 scenes left for Level 9, 2 for 10. Nothing capped on Extra but I haven't put much effort into anything on it yet, either.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #131 on: March 08, 2010, 02:12:32 AM »
Am I the only person who finds Old Lady Ohgane's Fire trivial?  If I'm not mistaken, the pattern is static...
In a way, yes. It's like Apollo 13, same pattern (as far as I know) but oriented in different directions, except Ohgane's Fire has fewer axes of symmetry (if you can call them that) than Apollo 13. It was probably the different orientations that were creating the wall-like formations and screwing me into a clipdeath. I did try to compensate for the different orientations, but there's always the possibility that I didn't do that well enough.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2010, 02:40:12 AM »
This incoming release of Double Spoiler is really making me wanna play StB! Went and practiced 10-8, the final, for a while and managed to beat it. It's a really awesome scene, definitely worth it's spot.

I also pulled off a massive luckgarbage dodge when I messed up part of the first phase during the speedy red bullets, and randomly ran through everything at the highest speed without dying, so that was awesome.

Welp... I've got 8-5, 9-1, 9-7, 10-4, and Seamless Ceiling to go... not counting EX.

EDIT:And 8-5 is captured. That's enough for today...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 03:07:57 AM by NeoMargatroid »

Formless God

« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2010, 06:01:08 AM »
... Apollo 13 is static ?

Oh and it's good to see Kefit into TH again =3

« Reply #134 on: March 08, 2010, 06:09:51 AM »
... Apollo 13 is static ?
It's two static patterns piled on-top of each other, each turned at a random angle.  So it's random, but controlled randomness.

Oh and it's good to see Kefit into TH again =3
This.

nintendonut888

« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2010, 07:56:27 AM »
Yes, nice to see Kefit pick up right where he left off.

Now if only he'd accept PC-98... Play HRtP! :3

Me? I'm up to stage 7, and went to capture the bane of my existence known as scene 10-6. An HOUR of grinding followed, with me actually coming close to giving up not because my nerves were shot, but because my fingers were getting sore. Still, I proved beyond all reasonable doubt that it was SHIKIEIKI who was guilty...of abusing bubble bullets. >:<

Kefit

« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2010, 08:12:05 AM »
I actually really like some of the stuff in LLS and MS, and I understand that save states now make a pseudo practice mode possible. Hell, I'm still waiting for ZUN to bring a Mai and Yuki style battle to the Windows games. It's just that gunning for accomplishments in the games isn't terribly appealing without being able to save replays.

Also I love 10-6, so much fun. One of only two fun scenes in stage ten, now that I think of it (the other being 10-5).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:15:20 AM by Kefit »

« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2010, 08:26:40 AM »
I actually really like some of the stuff in LLS and MS, and I understand that save states now make a pseudo practice mode possible. Hell, I'm still waiting for ZUN to bring a Mai and Yuki style battle to the Windows games. It's just that gunning for accomplishments in the games isn't terribly appealing without being able to save replays.

Also I love 10-6, so much fun. One of only two fun scenes in stage ten, now that I think of it (the other being 10-5).

You could record while playing unless your PC sucks like mine does. :) It just means having to delete a lot of videos when you are done.

lol UFO lunatic

timed out ghost ship
captured her survival just because this time I decided to pass the first 2 waves THEN move and it became stupidly easy

I swear, I could 1cc ufo lunatic if I wanted to
unfortunately I don't

UFO Lunatic is too much about resource management and planning. Pretty much any Windows Touhou game aside of EoSD takes pretty much no planning at all and i did all of them in under three attempts.

So yes, its probably not so much about lack of capability more than it is lack of interest. So i figure i want a personal excuse as well: If a Call of Duty game came along and i found it more frustrating than entertaining then i wouldn't bother with more than a Normal run. Never a Veteran clear. The same can be said about Touhou. If i am not entertained by the game, i will not slave myself to beat it just to prove something. Touhou is not the only game in the world. I've got plenty other things to do so i'll settle with that little Hard clear with lives en mass? in stock.

I still want to perform some accomplishments in UFO Lunatic though. There are certain parts of the game i find entertaining. I wanna do a Sinkable Vortex timeout, a Ghost Ship timeout and a Radiant Treasure Gun timeout. That should keep me entertained for a bit. :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 08:39:44 AM by Zengeku the Viking »

Kefit

« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2010, 09:05:09 AM »
EoSD no focus lunatic 1cc

Because dying four times with bombs in stock is the manly way to do it!  8)

The Patchy fight was amazing, the rest was pretty shit IMO.
Got clipped like 5 freaking times. :|

I think the real accomplishment was that dodging on the stage 5 wall fairies.  :V
That, and my most legendary derp death that happened in the stage 6 portion.

Haha, now that I've watched this I wouldn't call that stage five wall fairies dodge an accomplishment, since it was pretty much luck. Of course, "luck" is what the wall fairies are as ReimuA. Mercury Poison was quite nice though.

Also this run gave me a strange sense of deja vu. Well, except for the dying with bombs part. I used to give long rants about not dying with bombs in stock, but now I will simply agree that it is the manly thing to do.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:08:28 AM by Kefit »

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2010, 12:47:11 PM »
This.
The last part of 10-1 is kind of interesting, but you could more easily be playing 9-2 for something close to that effect.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2010, 01:09:47 PM »
2 deaths, 6 bombs, 10 captues IN extra.
I'm gonna get my very first no-death anything soon! Made some really stupid mistakes on the first card and 3 noncards. If I can just fix that and capture fujiyama volcano like I can in spell practice it'll be awesome!

« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2010, 06:16:08 PM »
Cleared PCB Lunatic with ReimuA. The whole thing sucked though but it still a clear. I died twice to Alice and didn't capture a single one of her cards. Not even the mid-boss one.

I should just stick to using someone with decent attack power from now on. I just wanted to try her out and as a result i limped away with 4 lives remaining at the end of the game. My score is 800M which beats my original iirc so i guess its kinda cool.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2010, 06:56:21 PM »

This is a no bombs 1cc attempt. Can I make it?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU
Oh well, let's keep going I guess...

Wait, what!?

Okay, that works, perfect stage 6.  :V

Seriously what

I guess this is proof that you should never rage quit.  :V
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 07:04:53 PM by Jaimers »

Kefit

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2010, 07:59:27 PM »
Haha, nice. I think that MoF is a lot harder to no bomb 1cc than most of the other Windows games.

And yeah, totally agree with that never rage quit thing. Of my no bombs runs, only PCB has not had completely ridiculous chain death rage quit segments. Hell, MoF and SA each had multiple chain death segments.

« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2010, 08:28:07 PM »
Captured 83 Scenes in Shoot the Bullet. Only EX-7 and EX-8 remains. Most of the stuff during EX-level was pretty easy to deal with as i knew what to do about them from replays. :V

EX-6 though... that was  >:(

I had to try at it over and over and over again until i worked out how to manage it. Turns out its some sort of weird streaming. Then i just try until Aya's movement speed don't screw me over. This game might be easier to play if you are a Marisa player but being a Reimu player, the insane speed of Aya is probably cause of a majority of deaths.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2010, 12:06:34 AM »
woo

Up to 79 scenes in Screw That B1tch Shoot the Bullet with snaptures of 10-6, 10-7, and EX-8.  Unfortunately, all the scenes that are left are not fun at all.

8-7 (Superman) (Yooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu)
10-3 (Komachi needs her space)
10-4 (Bar of 9 Kings and that fifth one who doesn't like you)
10-8 (Cleansed Crystal Judgment "Aya's speed doesn't let her micrododge well")
EX-1 (pre-MoF clipdeath)
EX-4 (Border of micrododging and blind spots)
EX-6 (Danmaku in a half shell - Turtle Power)

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2010, 12:32:23 AM »
I find it mildly horrifying that I, a danmaku normal mode player, cleared all of StB months ago, and now lunatic mode players are just getting around to clearing it. >_>

Also, EX-6 is rofl fuck you Mokou. EX-8 is awesome, though. Hell, I find everything in Extra fun, everything in extra that doesn't belong to Mokou. Yes, even BoWaP.

For my part, this doubles as a sad moment: yesterday I fired up StB for kicks, marking the first time all year that I've played danmaku shootan gaem. I promptly started at level 1 and cleared all the scenes in order again, up until Level 6, at which point I blind-capped 6-3, 6-4, and 6-5 in quick succession within two minutes on my first try (and then took a break). In essence, this is a good thing, but it does still make me feel sad that it was so hard to do the first time, over a year ago. :(

nintendonut888

« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2010, 12:35:00 AM »
I fail to see how proof that you're better than you were back then is a sad thing.  :/

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2010, 12:37:38 AM »
I fail to see how proof that you're better than you were back then is a sad thing.  :/

The ease which I took. :yukkuri:

I feel like I've lost something being able to just clear scenes with next to no thought at all. I remember sweating bullets and grinding through those scenes way back when, but now that I can do them so easily, it makes me a bit sad. The joy of the struggle is over.

That said, I know the cure for this sudden attack of ennui: Shikieiki, here I come! >:D Ah, well, actually, on second thought, maybe not...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2010, 12:38:14 AM »
Well, cleared everything in StB except 3 cards on Level 9 and everything on EX other then EX-3. Got to the last picture on BoWaP and Pandemonium a few times though.

10-8 isn't really that bad; you just need to get used to the patterns. And by the way, the butterflies are aimed. I think it's really great fun.