Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou Discussion #3  (Read 194175 times)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou Discussion #3
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2010, 06:10:47 PM »
And
Spoiler:
Mokou
goes down!
50% speed boost and an over 100k damage Master Spark made sure she never even fired a shot.  :D

What to do now? The 10F "something will happen later" event still does nothing and
Spoiler:
Flandre
is still hard as hell.
I guess I'll try to beat
Spoiler:
Great Stamp

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »
If something still hasn't happened, you need to grind with that character until they have enough BP for the event to activate.

Also, floor 20 is very fun to grind on, mostly because fighting just one enemy, going back and saving means I get to use World-Shaking Military Rule over and over. :D Reimu's currently level 118.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2010, 06:45:25 PM »
What character? Youmu?

But I haven't used her all game! D:

nintendonut888

« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
What character? Youmu?

If you want The experience from the boss fights to get
Spoiler:
Yuyuko and Orin
, you'd better get crackin'. :3 You'd be grinding anyway.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2010, 09:27:21 PM »
What character? Youmu?

It's only 200 BP you need for her (1 for every battle started with her, 1 for every battle ended with her out).

She's not too bad for random encounters honestly.  But start grinding now while that's still true.

nintendonut888

« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »
Hmm, I probably should replace Cirno with someone else for this fight, considering she's speed-debuff resistant...but it always feels wrong when you bench someone you've used the whole game for the final battle. :'(

Also, yowza
Spoiler:
Mary and her little limbs
is ridiculous once all three add-ons are summoned. Any tips, or is this just a no holds barred smackdown?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »
Also, yowza
Spoiler:
Mary and her little limbs
is ridiculous once all three add-ons are summoned. Any tips, or is this just a no holds barred smackdown?

10000% buff for me, 5000% debuff for her.

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2010, 10:13:23 PM »
It was close, but I just managed to defeat
Spoiler:
Flandre
on my second try. She had just wiped my active party (apart from
Spoiler:
Tenshi
) with
Spoiler:
L?vatein
, and I only had Patchy and
Spoiler:
Suwako
left in reserve. I brought in Patchy for a final desperation attack, and apparently one Silent Selene was enough to finish her off.

And now to grind for the 16F boss battle, I suppose.

Milkyway64

• I AM A MAD SCIENTIST. KIND OF.
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2010, 10:15:46 PM »
Donut, aim for the top first. It's the most problematic with it's ailments and buffs and such AND it has the lowest HP. The boss and all her limbs are invincible until all three are summoned, but you still need to cause X amount of damage for her to summon more. Once the top is dead, go for the one on the right lest you face Scourge spam. The left one should fall very quickly to fire.

From there, I'd just suggest nuking her while doing while having Reimu heal and buff when healing is unneeded. She shouldn't last TOO long. Hopefully. >_>

nintendonut888

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2010, 10:33:21 PM »
How is Youmu for the final boss? I've neglected her until now, but I saw in a video that she can do a LOT against her. Also I've got 70k skill points, so...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2010, 10:37:11 PM »
How is Youmu for the final boss? I've neglected her until now, but I saw in a video that she can do a LOT against her. Also I've got 70k skill points, so...
Youmu is very powerful. I was surprised when she turned up on the "suck tier" in people's opinions.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

nintendonut888

« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2010, 10:49:44 PM »
The thing is, even with her super SP recovery, that's still wasting two turns on something that a normal character could be using to attack. However, that video depicting her dealing 100k to each limb and the final boss was something else (though this guy also was hilariously overleveled, to the point where she didn't even get to attack once all limbs were down).

EDIT: Wow, I actually got close to defeating the first bloody seal. I made it all the way to his "lol I OHKO everyone no exceptions" final attack phase.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 11:09:24 PM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2010, 11:38:55 PM »
Youmu's slow (so is Yuugi), painfully less powerful than Yuugi, and has worse defensive stats.

This being said, she does MT far better than Yuugi... but for random-clearing, Youmu's speed creates issues, and against bosses, Yuugi's better defensive stats and better ST+ATK stat makes her more solid.

If the opponent walls fire, though, Youmu shines, and against slow randoms Youmu cleans house easy.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2010, 12:43:28 AM »
I can't figure out what to do on floor 5... I explored everywhere I can and I still need more battles to recruit Yuugi. Is there something i'm missing?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2010, 12:48:10 AM »
I can't figure out what to do on floor 5... I explored everywhere I can and I still need more battles to recruit Yuugi. Is there something i'm missing?
You need 500 total random battles for Yuugi, I believe. Just come back later.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2010, 12:51:18 AM »
So I can't continue the game until I get Yuugi?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2010, 12:53:09 AM »
So I can't continue the game until I get Yuugi?
Of course you can! :3

« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2010, 12:53:42 AM »
Nope, she isn't a load-bearing ally or anything. You can delay getting her as long as you want. (She's just shiny.)

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2010, 12:55:31 AM »
But I can't tell at all where to go on floor 5. I think I explored all of it and I can't find any stairs or working Warps.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2010, 12:58:32 AM »
But I can't tell at all where to go on floor 5. I think I explored all of it and I can't find any stairs or working Warps.
You beat that spirity midboss thingy at the lower right of 5F, right? After the Sake Spring in that corner? The warp at the lower left from your starting circle, it should work now.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2010, 01:00:38 AM »
Uhhh theres a Mid-boss?

Guess I must have missed one passage somewhere then.

Anyways how strong is this Mid-Boss?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:07:31 AM by Hell Rikter »

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2010, 02:46:13 AM »
Uhhh theres a Mid-boss?

Guess I must have missed one passage somewhere then.

Anyways how strong is this Mid-Boss?
Not hard, but that bastard loved to prolong the fight with Destroy Magic spam.  I was never in danger of dying, but losing all SP from my active party was an annoyance.

My party was around level 19-20 at the time.  I actually did this earlier today.  I need to finish exploring that corner of the map a bit more since I left to save after beating it, after that I'll see how hard the enemies on floor 6 are.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2010, 03:49:41 AM »
I keep forgetting to ask this, but Neogenesis, why do you keep acting like Greenie's healing power is bad?

Yes, she doesn't have as good a healing formula, but right now mine heals ~5000 HP. My party's HP, starting with my two tanks, is 4515, 5161, 5309, 3600, 4963 (Reimu), 4435, 4857, 1867 (Patchy), 3935 (herself), 3186 (Marisa), 4163 (Chen), and 7197 (Meiling).

Out of those only the last one, Meiling, is not either fully healed or close to fully healed from one cast, and even then it's only 2000 damage that Meiling can restore to herself if she's ever out (which she's normally not... she's my backup tank after all).

I'm aware of all Minoriko's advantages, but honestly, I don't think either is directly superior to the other... I'd say they're both on par with one another and the one you use should depend entirely on your team setup (if not both... never hurts to have more than one healer after all).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 07:53:14 AM by AlexX Unlimited »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

nintendonut888

« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2010, 04:10:09 AM »
Last attempt: I actually killed the top limb. o/

Any idea on the HP of the limbs?

Milkyway64

« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2010, 04:53:49 AM »
800k for top, 1 million for left, 1.2 million for right, IIRC.

Those COULD be for the v.2 version later on.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2010, 04:59:08 AM »
I doubt thats the V.2 HP counts, as it's far to low for V.2s. I noticed that most V.2 bosses have about 2 million HP, so the Final Boss V.2s Add-ons having anything less then that seems unlikly to me.

nintendonut888

« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2010, 05:03:13 AM »
Eeh heh heh, I love grinding on floor 20. You get so much experience and so many skill points you can see your lolis grow at a massive rate. Reimu's now at level 126~ I'll have this beaten in no time even if I have to overlevel~

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2010, 05:41:11 AM »
Reccomended level for the Final Boss is sumthing like 140+ for beating it with skillz and I think 150+ for not-so-skillz/more likly to win.

Milkyway64

« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2010, 05:50:34 AM »
Really? I did it at Donut's level right now. 125ish.

« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2010, 07:51:05 AM »
Really? I did it at Donut's level right now. 125ish.
I recall it being said that 130 is the reccomended level, so it's not surprising you can win it at slightly less like that.

Also worth noting is that the first blood-stained seal boss's reccomended level is only level 120, which means you could beat them first for the EXP and then move on to the last one.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"