Author Topic: How would this board feel about a UNL tournament?  (Read 48079 times)

Re: How would this board feel about a UNL tournament?
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2009, 11:43:54 PM »
Er...I only had 2 posts and my opponent PM'd me. I don't think the recipient matters, just the PM'er.

« Reply #181 on: December 12, 2009, 02:10:19 AM »
Er...I only had 2 posts and my opponent PM'd me. I don't think the recipient matters, just the PM'er.
This.

flurk

• I'M IN YOUR SHMUP
  • GRAZING YOUR BULLETS.
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2009, 02:26:31 AM »
forgive my intrusion despite not being interested (i SUCK at unl), but i thought using hamachi actually increases latency?

"Eh, who needs brains in danmaku? Power, that's all you need!" -Kirisame Marisa

« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2009, 02:27:42 AM »
forgive my intrusion despite not being interested (i SUCK at unl), but i thought using hamachi actually increases latency?
It does.  That's why I've been trying to limit any use of Hamachi whenever it was mentioned.

Siesta410

« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2009, 03:51:35 AM »
It's been 5 or so days and I haven't seen my opponent at all, they only have 2 posts so I can't PM them either. What should I do?
Sorry about that. Do you use any type of messenger or something so we can get in contact? I'm a slow poster. :<

Fruggles

• Not a Forum Lurker
« Reply #185 on: December 12, 2009, 07:01:22 PM »
We still haven't had our match Suikama, so how about we set up a time today? I'm open pretty much all day today so how does 4 pm PST sound to you? If that's not good you could post a good time and we can meet on the #hisouten irc channel.

« Reply #186 on: December 12, 2009, 08:59:43 PM »
We still haven't had our match Suikama, so how about we set up a time today? I'm open pretty much all day today so how does 4 pm PST sound to you? If that's not good you could post a good time and we can meet on the #hisouten irc channel.
Erm which server?

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #187 on: December 12, 2009, 09:14:07 PM »
* Jana checks the thread after a long leave of absence.

I was one of the original people interested, but I dropped off of the internet to focus on school. Normally, I'd offer to replace in this situation, but I haven't figured out if I can get netplay working on my university connection. I'll have to ask around and check myself before I can definitely offer to replace in.

Fruggles

• Not a Forum Lurker
« Reply #188 on: December 12, 2009, 09:42:28 PM »
Erm which server?
Umm... 10800 would be best since I've already fowarded it, but if you want a different one, just let me know.

« Reply #189 on: December 12, 2009, 09:46:05 PM »
Umm... 10800 would be best since I've already fowarded it, but if you want a different one, just let me know.
I mean irc server lol

Also I have time to play now if you want

Fruggles

• Not a Forum Lurker
« Reply #190 on: December 12, 2009, 09:48:42 PM »
I mean irc server lol

Also I have time to play now if you want
Sure we can play now, the #hisouten server on http://webchat.ppirc.net/

« Reply #191 on: December 12, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »
GG, I won :V

Here's the replay

« Reply #192 on: December 13, 2009, 06:32:39 AM »
Sorry about that. Do you use any type of messenger or something so we can get in contact? I'm a slow poster. :<
I have MSN, but I'd rather not give it away for a small tournament. I'll make an alt account later if necessary though.

Kasei Honoo

• Hong Meiling Lover
  • Taste The Rainbow
« Reply #193 on: December 13, 2009, 08:25:13 AM »
wow someone paranoid.... Also I cant get a hold of my opponent anymore >.< they came on at like 1 am and hasnt been on since. I was even willing to connect my laptop up to my modem so we wouldnt lag or DC
How can she be so manly? Well it doesn't matter because she is rainbow tastic!

I'll make a China out of you!

« Reply #194 on: December 13, 2009, 09:27:55 AM »
it seems that my procrastination may disqualify me :(
I've been delaying TH12.3 practice and experimenting, and so, I've delayed my match against Verloren until now.. I hope I can get this match done today.. <_>

(I'm usually at the #shrinemaiden irc room, on irc.ppirc.net , sent a pm to Verloren right before posting this..)

lesson 1: I must stop procrastinating like this :(
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #195 on: December 13, 2009, 09:52:39 PM »
It seems like everyone's been procrastinating.  20 people signed up, 4 replays presented, and today was the deadline. :-\

Either I extend the deadline, or we proceed with a really small playerbase tomorrow.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2009, 10:02:47 PM »
Yeah I probably should've shared my experience with the IaMP tournament we had a while back; if you just set up matches on the forum and have the players find each other, nobody will ever play.

If you want to do a tournament you need to schedule it for a weekend one-day thing, and make it mandatory for everyone to show up in IRC (or something) that day. Then you bang out all the matches then and there.

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2009, 10:10:09 PM »
I just recently sent Serafie a PM, and hoping that s/he (apologies in advance, I have trouble with genders online) reads it. I'll get the replay in ASAP when the round ends.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2009, 10:47:58 PM »
As much as I'm itching to play more, this isn't like it's a big event with cash prizes, it's a more casual forum tournament. Half the people get eliminated each round, so it should become less and less of a problem. I say extend the deadline a bit, let people finish some matches, as long as they don't take too long.

Kasei Honoo

• Hong Meiling Lover
  • Taste The Rainbow
« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2009, 11:50:11 PM »
omg he still hasnt even been online

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2009, 12:43:19 AM »
I lost to Seraphie. gg. Sending replay now.

« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2009, 01:06:23 AM »
I agree with Stuffman about everyone meeting in an IRC room, in the case the deadline is extended, one should be set up as soon as possible, and we should try to use it as soon as it's up. Firefox users (such as myself) may use ChatZilla, or the webchat site listed a few topics above..

so... will we use #hisouten on ppirc.net?
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Siesta410

« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2009, 03:23:28 AM »
Wish I posted more so I had the PM ability.  :V

If there's no extension then sorry I took too long.

Kasei Honoo

• Hong Meiling Lover
  • Taste The Rainbow
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2009, 05:51:51 AM »
I'm still trying to figure out where my opponent is >.< no replies to my PMs

« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2009, 02:04:48 AM »
Ya know, My Sis has homeschool finals and she wouldnt let me on the internet at all, and My typing class doesnt let us go on the internet, so there was so way I could get on

« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2009, 03:04:28 AM »
I'm extending the deadline another week, since there are still plenty of people that haven't been able to get their matches in yet.

« Reply #206 on: December 15, 2009, 03:28:57 AM »
I'm extending the deadline another week, since there are still plenty of people that haven't been able to get their matches in yet.

THANK YOU!!

« Reply #207 on: December 18, 2009, 11:20:26 PM »
Two more days until moving on to the next round after the ever-gracious one-week extension.

Guess how many replays I've gotten. >:(

« Reply #208 on: December 21, 2009, 12:43:20 AM »
I don't want to drop from the tournament, even though I feel that I haven't yet learned enough to really attempt to get a good placement (or even not look so terrible in Youtube :p). I'll stay, and die with dignity. :p

(I haven't got a reply from Verloren since the tournament started, and everytime I visit the #hisouten channel in irc.ppirc.net, the channel is empty.)
Translations.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #209 on: December 21, 2009, 12:55:06 AM »
I suppose this means the rest of the tourney will be either ridiculously small, or involve everyone who got in a replay. Even the losers.