Author Topic: Touhou flash games!  (Read 115002 times)

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
Re: Touhou flash games!
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2009, 01:02:56 AM »
*user is channeling Parsee*

>:(

I can't get past the freaking UFOs.

Gpop

« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2009, 01:41:55 AM »
For the curious:

Just a few more endings ;)

« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2009, 03:15:37 AM »
*user is channeling Parsee*

>:(

I can't get past the freaking UFOs.

comments:
- among the abilities you're required to have (by the game), is the ability of stabilizing yourself in stationary platforms (so that you can wait for the moving ufos to approach you); stabilizing in the moving ones are a bit more difficult, one step further, but you'll eventually get it (keep in mind that the moving ufos don't affect the angle for your next jump)
- be careful when you're in a moving ufo and you approach the corner, for there's a small moment when the ufo vanishes (yes, they become unsteppable); you may want to jump to the above or below (if available) platforms, or want to avoid the situation beforehand
- let's say there are two red ufos moving in the same direction, and the red ufo from above is lagging behind; often, you'll be able to jump through what's seemingly an impossible distance, other times you'll really have to resort to the tip below.. (for the first case, take in account the time between when you leave the red ufo below, and when you're supposed to reach the next platform; this should be enough time for the above red ufo to be reached)
- now let's say that there are two blue ufos moving in the same direction and you're near the corner; as mentioned before, simply staying on the blue ufo below might (there are chances that you might not, though) make you fall because of the ufo disappearing and not reappearing fast enough; what do you do, if you can't jump towards the center of the screen safely? You jump towards the corner, because the same vanishing property that the moving ufos have, is the property that temporarily "shortens" the distance of both moving ufos (it reverts back to the original distance when the moving ufo from below enters the corner)
- with practice, you'll become better at judging the jump lenght (both the normal jump and the one through the corner), feeling the moving ufo's motion and their collision boxes (and yours), foreseeing paths; the key would be practice, in order to trivialize the sections before the ufos; getting to this section more constantly gives you more chances to try to overcome it
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2009, 02:21:07 AM »
I cant get the Hopping Tenshi game to work, none of the menu buttons work for me anymore.

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2009, 04:15:13 AM »
Oh, this is still a thread, huh?

Try Sumaki. Requires pixel-perfect timing, with no indication on what said perfect timing is.

« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2009, 04:19:04 AM »
8844 in Hopping Tenshi

I guess I need to work on my timing better for the UFOs... It's getting emberassing to have Tenshi fall into the atmosphere like that each and every time like that.

Less said about Sumaki the better... I have absolutely no idea what I'm even supposed to do.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:21:26 AM by AlexX »

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2009, 04:44:51 AM »
Been posted on some other thread, but
http://nekofla.web.fc2.com/game/th_kaikeidou/th_kaikeidou02.html
No Boss for the 6th stage, and no art for Reimu or Sanae (But the ARE there, don't worry)
Sanae has some WEIRD shot types in this. still can't figure out what the hell is up with her B shot...
Wotters gonna' wot

ebarrett

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2009, 05:05:25 AM »
Sumaki

ok so normal and hard aren't that hard to figure out but goddamn lunatic is impossible.

also, no more jumping tenshi for me too :'(
buttons won't work

« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2009, 05:14:43 AM »
Sanae has some WEIRD shot types in this. still can't figure out what the hell is up with her B shot...
It seems those three circles are her main form of attack for type A while type B has those circles around her do damage. It's pretty weird, but it's neat.

Not sure what the "H" and "O" cpower-ups are for though... I know they're supposed to be like H2O, but I'm not sure what they do...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 05:19:04 AM by AlexX »

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2009, 05:18:09 AM »
Those three circles are her main form of attack in type B. It's pretty weird, but it's neat.

Not sure what the "H" and "O" cpower-ups are for though... I know they're supposed to be like H2O, but I'm not sure what they do...

H gives you bombs when the Blue arrow reaches it's outline, O gives you lives when the orange arrow reaches it's outline.
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2009, 05:50:14 AM »
I'm finding Sanae A to be a lot of fun. She does a crapload of damage with those circles, but they have to be on the enemy to do anything, otherwise she has to rely on full forward focus power.

Bomb is akin to Stardust Reveire, so I figured ways to take advantage pretty fast (especially since I can overlap all 3 circles on an enemy during it). Shame my deathbomb skill is the same in this game as it is in the actual games (i.e. terrible...).

« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2009, 05:51:20 AM »
ok so normal and hard aren't that hard to figure out but goddamn lunatic is impossible.

also, no more jumping tenshi for me too :'(
buttons won't work
Hmm, what's your analysis of how to get Normal and Hard? :o

Nine West

• Shrine maidens? Evil spirits? Magicians?
  • How wonderful!
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2009, 06:09:01 AM »
Dear Touhou Marine Benefit,

I WANT MY STAGE 6 AND EX BOSSES NOW DAMMIT.

ebarrett

« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2009, 06:12:09 AM »
Hmm, what's your analysis of how to get Normal and Hard? :o

Click a bit after the first couple of Zs, but in time for Yukari to strike before the third Z appears. Works more often than not.

Lunatic is totally random as far as I can tell, though.

EDIT, so I just failed ten times in a row on "hard". even managed to get kicked once. oh well maybe this thing is completely random and the only change between difficulties is how much the RNG is stacked against you.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:19:21 AM by ebarrett »

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #74 on: October 11, 2009, 06:13:00 AM »
Dear Touhou Marine Benefit,

I WANT MY STAGE 6 AND EX BOSSES NOW DAMMIT.

Well when they do come out, I hope to god they arn't as much of an asshole as the stage 5 boss.
I hate tha bitch
SO
FUCKING
MUCH

Also, I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be a fish, so that's plus 3 hate points.
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2009, 06:14:57 AM »
I'm very disappointed in Sanae type C. I get face-melting sun bullets, yet it takes 2 of them to kill generic fairies. >:

EDIT: Also, it just me, or could hit detection use a bit of improvement? Though to its credit, its still a lot better than most flash shooters I've played...

EDIT2: I'm mistaking Okuu options for enemy bullets. Not a good sign.

EDIT3: WORTHLESS BOMB. Doesn't clear screen despite appearing to nuke it, nor does it do any worthwhile damage to the boss.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:24:06 AM by AlexX »

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2009, 06:16:19 AM »
I'm very disappointed in Sanae type C. I get face-melting sun bullets, yet it takes 2 of them to kill generic fairies. >:

well are you shooting from far away?
Wotters gonna' wot

Drake

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2009, 06:16:30 AM »
Like I said before, the game reeks of bad design and style. It's too bad, it has quite a bit of potential.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2009, 06:22:39 AM »
well are you shooting from far away?
No, I'm shotgunning them.

Heck, I shotgunned the BOSS and I almost timed out her spellcards. Combined with the realizations put in my new edits I'm pretty much in tears with how much potential was lost...

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2009, 07:18:57 AM »
Yeah, Sanae basically sucks.

Also, It wasn't until I read her name that I realized that the stage 2 boss is a Naruto reference.
I feel like I should hate her now, but I still think it's funny to think of her as "The Jew Loli!"
Wotters gonna' wot

Drake

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2009, 07:27:45 AM »
Yeah, Sanae basically sucks.
SanaeA is the best type in the game though.

Unfocused, at least. You just need to be able to time things well.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2009, 07:38:21 AM »
SanaeA is the best type in the game though.

Unfocused, at least. You just need to be able to time things well.

yeah, but I was talking about SanaeC

Also, I am unbelievably good with Marisa C (or whichever one was that had the options that trail after you)
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2009, 08:17:03 AM »
There's a Naruto reference in Stage 1 as well. The boss is called Konoha. How original  :) .

I seriously loled at Reimu B. Red strings? That miko sure gets around if you know what I mean. (Yeah, I know they're probably supposed to be lasers because the engine doesn't have enough mojo for the regular amulets but red strings are funnier  :P )

KomeijiKoishi

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2009, 08:39:41 AM »
There's a Naruto reference in Stage 1 as well. The boss is called Konoha. How original  :) .

Konoha = Wind. It's not necessarily a Naruto reference.

EDIT: http://swfup.info/view.php/7729.swf

IN in flash.

« Reply #84 on: October 11, 2009, 09:20:28 AM »

Naruto = Fish cake with a pink swirly in the middle. It isn't necessarily a reference to the anime either.

Kuma

• 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #85 on: October 11, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »
Naruto = Fish cake with a pink swirly in the middle. It isn't necessarily a reference to the anime either.

Yes, but in the context, it's probably a Naruto refferance. maby.
She's a Whirpool theamed character covered in spiral motifs named Naruko Uzushima.
She has Teto hair and a hat that makes her look lke a jewish man.
Wotters gonna' wot

« Reply #86 on: October 11, 2009, 11:51:47 AM »

IN in flash.
Heh, awesome! Though it figures the team I'd want to use the most replaces the one team I never use in the actual IN... (Hint: I never use Border Team)

Kinda bothers me that bullets can still kill you while your bomb is active if they get you while the circle is somewhere else, but I can manage. Interesting they went with the MoF/SA bomb system, but I'm used to it, so it doesn't really bother me.

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2009, 07:53:29 AM »

IN in flash.

Stage 4 Natural.

I would play the tenshi rock game but I can't get past the menu screen on this comp.

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2009, 09:24:54 PM »
Stage 4 Natural.
Judging by the fact his first 3 attacks can be avoided by staying in his face and the 4th one also has a clear blind spot (not to mention his final two nonspells are quite clearly Perfect Freeze), I have the feeling that boss is a real circle-nine...

Also, loving the touhou-ified Northern Lights remix that plays when you fight Clairvoyance (Stage 4 Artificial).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:26:33 PM by AlexX »

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #89 on: October 17, 2009, 08:43:00 PM »
Hopping Tenko is back! xD
Oct15, they fixed the bug that makes the flash not work.

My current record is 29925km, but that's from running in my Win98 system. It runs the flash on a freaking 18/60fps, with low quality and all :V
I can imagine how fast this game goes at full 60fps. *imagination* looks like dribbling Tenko or something.

BTW, this guy can't be ZUN himself, right? I mean, they're just nicknames. Anyone can use any name.

I think it'd be pretty amusing if it is him though.
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer