Author Topic: Fullscreen or windowed?  (Read 22310 times)

Bananamatic

Fullscreen or windowed?
« on: October 17, 2009, 02:32:38 PM »
Just wondering how does everyone play.

Windowed 640x480 for me, since I can see almost the entire screen at once.

TL777 ✌

• Fuwa fuwa desu~~~
  • Do you know what time it is?
Re: Fullscreen or windowed?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 02:45:30 PM »
Fullscreen for me!  ;D

Lloyd Dunamis

• aka Amanie
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »
Fullscreen. For me, bigger screen filled is nice for focus-grazing through small-spaced patterns.

For the resolution (SA and UFO, right?), it's always 640x480, just to stick with the default pixels (though I really can't play SA and UFO under a Win98 system - I just rent a WinXP on a NetCafe).

I'd appreciate the screen much more if I were playing at like 5-6 meters away from it, just like how console games are played in TV (comboed with joypad usage), for the same reason of seeing the entire screen with quick eye focus change.
... Playing like this feels much different from playing windowed with 1meter-ish distance, BTW.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:56:15 PM by Lloyd Dunamis »
2010.1212 <Sakana> The only time wasted is the time in which you really do nothing at all, not even enjoying yourself
You may send me suspicious files that could be infected/a trojan, and I'll try analyzing it for you. :3 -Mo?ware, your personal Anti-Malware Engineer

Kanako Yasaka

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 02:47:20 PM »
Fullscreen when playing seriously, windowed when playing for fun.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 03:06:46 PM »
The only games I ever use seriously use windowed in are the PC-98 games. Recently I've started using Full-Screen for them sometimes, but then the shots become incredibly distracting against certain backrounds...

LLS Fullscreen+ReimuB+post-midboss Stage 2... AUUUUGH, THANK GOD THE BULLETS ARE AIMED, can't see shit captain
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Formless God

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 03:23:27 PM »
I don't even want to remember what happened after I played MoF windowed for two hours (Stage 6 Lunatic + Extra).

VoWG and Froggy Braves the Elements brutally rapes your eyes =/

Bananamatic

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 03:28:24 PM »
I don't even want to remember what happened after I played MoF windowed for two hours (Stage 6 Lunatic + Extra).

VoWG and Froggy Braves the Elements brutally rapes your eyes =/
wait
I've NEVER played fullscreen
period

VoWG didn't hurt my eyes at all.....1 round of Dodonpachi is 10 times worse.

Maybe I'll play better once I switch to fullscreen. :V

Formless God

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 03:29:28 PM »
Windowed, on a 1440x900 widescreen monitor.
You've got to try it >_>

Matsuri

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »
I never play windowed. Watching an entire screen when playing a shooting game is suicide. My strategy for playing involves shutting out stuff that doesn't matter and relying a little more on reflex than foresight. *shrug*

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 03:34:55 PM »
I've NEVER played fullscreen

holy hell man

when i first got the games i didn't realize there was a fullscreen mode, but when i found out i was all over that shit.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2009, 03:36:34 PM »
The first game I got was Mountain of Faith, and the version I had was fullscreen by default. When I discovered windowed mode I was ecstatic. It's how I play all of them.

I might give fullscreen a day in court, though, and see if my gameplay improves.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Bananamatic

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »
Looking back, I should stop complaining about BoWaP and start playing fullscreen :V

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 04:01:45 PM »
Fullscreen, though on the newer games I play windowed to reduce the terrible lag I get in them by a bit.

CK Crash

• boozer
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 04:07:37 PM »
Windowed with a high resolution, because I have a wide screen monitor.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 04:13:42 PM »
Sometimes I feel like it's kind of cheating when I'm playing over 640x480 resolution.
But I find myself dodging some things better on 960x720 windowed like Miracle Fruit (gone from ~10% capture rate to being able to capture it most of the time @_@!), so I'm using 960x720 all the time on SA/UFO XD.

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 04:24:45 PM »
I always play fullscreen as well. However when i'm playing netplay games I window (PoFV, SWR/UNL) so i can chat with my partner and whatnot.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 04:50:30 PM »
I have no choice but to play the games in fullscreen, because for some reason the games actually have trouble running in windowed mode on my comp. Even if I did, I'd always go fullscreen.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2009, 05:20:44 PM »
I've always played fullscreen, but I discovered that I did better when playing windowed PoDD last night. It could just have been that I needed a warm-up or to get the game mechanics down, but I'm gonna experiment with it a little bit.

Drake

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2009, 05:24:17 PM »
Jeez people. Windowed, and either Vsync'd or Sizer'd to 960x720.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ebarrett

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 05:24:34 PM »
Fullscreen except for SWR(S) and for recording the PC-98 games.

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 05:28:47 PM »
Maxed for windows games and windowed for pc-98.
I haven't learned how to max pc-98 games yet.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 05:35:18 PM »
I haven't learned how to max pc-98 games yet.

Alt+Enter, unless you've got a totally different emulator...

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »
Always fullscreen, despite that since I have a 1440x900 monitor everything gets stretched sideways. :V
Let's fight.

Bananamatic

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »
960x720 seems like the best option for me :V

Switching back to 640x480 made me wonder how the hell did I manage to play it like that.

Scooter1000

• Certified Danmaku Dodger
  • Doesn't post a lot.
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 08:07:43 PM »
I use fullscreen most of the time and change my resolution when I'm using windowed. The only time I use windowed mode is when I play SA or UFO due to the incredible amount of lag I get from both of them.

Rikter

• VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  • AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 08:14:08 PM »
Fullscreen when I know I won't be interupted. Windowed when I might be interupted.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 08:31:26 PM »
I never play windowed, except when before I knew how to play PC-98 full screen (*shivers at the bad memories of spending weeks beating Evil Eye Sigma windowed*). The gaps look nonexistent when you play that way.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 09:34:02 PM »
Fullscreen looks stretched and ugly on a 16:9 monitor. Windowed, no exceptions.

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 10:03:50 PM »
Windowed at my laptops native resolution to eliminate part of the blurring.  Still have stretching but it's better than stretching AND blurring.