Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 100354 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #690 on: July 29, 2017, 09:42:42 AM »
>Oh, that- that might be the barrier I'm currently inside, actually. At the Bird Shrine. They use it for sparring; it reduces the destructive potential of magic used inside it so they can combat each other safely. I'm perfectly alright.
>...there isn't anything else afoot, is there?

>I believe that calls for the expression of relief.
>Not anymore. I would have noticed your absence sooner, but my attention was diverted by a fissure in myself. Total focus was required to seal it, but it has been sealed. There is a minor flaw in myself not far from your current location, but it is not large and does not appear to have any force acting upon it. I should be able to seal it without your assistance. I believe I was concerned by your unexplained reduction in presence.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:48:28 AM by Oldmansour »

« Reply #691 on: July 29, 2017, 04:14:24 PM »
>Did anything pass through this fissure before it was sealed? And do you think it was the Champion's doing or something less concerning?

« Reply #692 on: July 29, 2017, 11:06:37 PM »
>Did anything pass through this fissure before it was sealed? And do you think it was the Champion's doing or something less concerning?

>No. And I do not believe it was the Champions. Considering how much effort was required to close this aperture, it is possible something was acting upon it, but I do not believe it was one of the demons.

« Reply #693 on: July 29, 2017, 11:30:18 PM »
>I guess that sort of thing has happened from time to time over the centuries, anyway?

« Reply #694 on: July 30, 2017, 02:38:17 AM »
>I guess that sort of thing has happened from time to time over the centuries, anyway?

>It has. My power has waned over the aeons. The Purpose remains, but it has failed on occasion. The Champions are just the latest failure of the Purpose. But I strive to ensure those are my only failures until your victory. You have enough problems without more demons breaching me.

« Reply #695 on: July 30, 2017, 03:10:37 AM »
>That is entirely true. I know you will do your best, just as I will do mine.

« Reply #696 on: July 30, 2017, 08:20:01 AM »
>That is entirely true. I know you will do your best, just as I will do mine.

>"Anyway, I'm sure Kenyu has warned you that there may be some Brightbloods who might hold some hostility towards you." Camille says. "Not only am I not one of them, I am one of the Blood that would help you if I could. But I've been told that these Champions seem to be immune to most known forms of attack. Do you happen to know if that includes Jeweled power?"

« Reply #697 on: July 30, 2017, 08:30:26 AM »
>"I don't believe I've seen it tried."

« Reply #698 on: July 30, 2017, 09:18:43 AM »
>"I don't believe I've seen it tried."

>"What about the reverse? Could Jeweled power be used to defend against a Champion?"

« Reply #699 on: July 30, 2017, 05:00:17 PM »
>"As I said, I've never seen the two of them in the same place at the same time. I'd be hesitant to assume that it could, given just completely the Champions have shrugged off other sorts of magic, but I can't rule it out with actual evidence."

« Reply #700 on: July 31, 2017, 03:17:20 AM »
>"As I said, I've never seen the two of them in the same place at the same time. I'd be hesitant to assume that it could, given just completely the Champions have shrugged off other sorts of magic, but I can't rule it out with actual evidence."

>"I didn't think it'd be you asking about the best way to fight these demons." Kenyu remarks to Camille with a grin.
>"Think about, Kenyu. If one of these demons shows up at the hospital, I want to know if I can do something about it. Come to think of," she says, returning her attention to you. "I don't suppose you'd know if the Champions have any kind of designs of the hospitals here in town?"

« Reply #701 on: July 31, 2017, 03:49:12 AM »
>Give Haruka a meaningful look, as in 'How much confidential information should we consider it okay to share with these people?'. At least as much as you can pack in a meaningful look

« Reply #702 on: July 31, 2017, 04:19:22 AM »
>Give Haruka a meaningful look, as in 'How much confidential information should we consider it okay to share with these people?'. At least as much as you can pack in a meaningful look

>The eagle youkai glances briefly at the two Blood and nods her head just ever so slightly. 'They have limits, but they'll help where they can.' her old eyes seem to say.

« Reply #703 on: July 31, 2017, 04:24:28 AM »
>"I couldn't speculate whether they have 'designs' on them or not, but... we have reason to believe Ice's Avatar works at one of them.'

« Reply #704 on: July 31, 2017, 04:28:28 AM »
>"I couldn't speculate whether they have 'designs' on them or not, but... we have reason to believe Ice's Avatar works at one of them.'

>"Avatars. That's the humans that work for the Champions, right?"

« Reply #705 on: July 31, 2017, 04:40:39 AM »
>"Not all humans that work for them are Avatars. There have been others who merely entered into their service and were given power in exchange, but Avatars have some fundamental link to their Champions, the nature of which we do not yet fully understand. But they are very powerful indeed."

« Reply #706 on: July 31, 2017, 05:13:51 AM »
>"Not all humans that work for them are Avatars. There have been others who merely entered into their service and were given power in exchange, but Avatars have some fundamental link to their Champions, the nature of which we do not yet fully understand. But they are very powerful indeed."

>"You're talking about that girl you killed at the Knowledges." Kenyu asks.
>"Lotus didn't kill her." Haruka informs him. "She defeated the Water Avatar, but the Avatar's still alive."
>"Who is it?" Camille demands of you.

« Reply #707 on: July 31, 2017, 05:23:19 AM »
>"I... I want to emphasize that this is still very much supposition at this point, but I have good reason to believe the Avatar of Ice is Doctor Eirin Yagokoro."

« Reply #708 on: July 31, 2017, 05:37:40 AM »
>"I... I want to emphasize that this is still very much supposition at this point, but I have good reason to believe the Avatar of Ice is Doctor Eirin Yagokoro."

>Camille gasps out the name, clearly stunned.
>"But how is that possible?" asks Haruka. "She is a Lunarian. I thought the Champions' influence was confined to the city."
>"Not all fires stay contained." Kenyu remarks darkly. "How sure are you, Lotus?"

« Reply #709 on: July 31, 2017, 05:52:56 AM »
>"Air, at least, claimed that Ice's Avatar was a Lunarian and a separate source detected her Avatar at Southern Cross Hospital. Certainly this information points to Dr. Yagokoro if they were not mistaken or lying, though I've not confirmed it with my own eyes yet."

« Reply #710 on: July 31, 2017, 05:57:20 AM »
>"Air, at least, claimed that Ice's Avatar was a Lunarian and a separate source detected her Avatar at Southern Cross Hospital. Certainly this information points to Dr. Yagokoro if they were not mistaken or lying, though I've not confirmed it with my own eyes yet."

>Given her reaction, you are slightly surprised to hear Camille say, "I'm glad of that. If it's true, and Dr. Yakogoro has the same kind of power the Water Avatar does, the last thing we want to do is force a confrontation in a hospital."
>"You're the expect on Avatars, too." says Kenyu to you. "Any suggestions how to handle her?"

« Reply #711 on: July 31, 2017, 06:12:30 AM »
>"I am still hoping that it may be possible to avoid a direct confrontation altogether. So long as they don't take hostile action first, I'd prefer to investigate the nature of the Avatars and their bond with their Champions first; I feel there is something significant there that might prove pivotal to this entire conflict. In case you were unaware, neither the Avatar of Air or Water were aware of the Champions' existence until they came in close proximity of each other and somehow... changed. This may sounds like I'm reaching, but I have suspicious that they may be reincarnations of people that had been cast into Makai long ago and somehow linked to something there at that time."

« Reply #712 on: July 31, 2017, 06:54:01 AM »
>"I am still hoping that it may be possible to avoid a direct confrontation altogether. So long as they don't take hostile action first, I'd prefer to investigate the nature of the Avatars and their bond with their Champions first; I feel there is something significant there that might prove pivotal to this entire conflict. In case you were unaware, neither the Avatar of Air or Water were aware of the Champions' existence until they came in close proximity of each other and somehow... changed. This may sounds like I'm reaching, but I have suspicious that they may be reincarnations of people that had been cast into Makai long ago and somehow linked to something there at that time."

>"That's kind of out there." Kenyu remarks.
>Haruka shakes her head. "I don't think so. The side of history that's known to people in our walk of life tells us that some people have been cast into Makai from this world. The Goddess Kanako's high general, for instance. We also know that the demons we've been dealing with, the Champions, have been in Makai for millenia. It's conceivable the demons might have found a way to use those exiled souls."
>"I still think you're reaching." the firefighter counters. "And more to the point, it's kinda odd for you to just go along with some new girl in the city."
>"I trust Lotus' instincts and intuitions in this field. Perhaps I should say, I have come to trust Lotus."
>"It sounds more like you've come to have faith in her."
>Haruka smiles. "Perhaps that's true, too."

>Your ring pulses at Haruka's words.

« Reply #713 on: July 31, 2017, 06:55:51 AM »
>Wow. Enough to do something with or just a glimmer?

« Reply #714 on: July 31, 2017, 07:04:07 AM »
>Wow. Enough to do something with or just a glimmer?

>It's not actually 'doing' anything beyond lighting up and making you aware of that reaction, but it's a very noticable reaction.

« Reply #715 on: July 31, 2017, 07:22:20 AM »
>"It's... interesting that you mention Kanako's high general because I believe that is exactly who Air's Avatar is. Was. Whatever the proper word is in this context."

« Reply #716 on: July 31, 2017, 07:33:05 AM »
>"It's... interesting that you mention Kanako's high general because I believe that is exactly who Air's Avatar is. Was. Whatever the proper word is in this context."

>Haruka blinks. "Really? Well, that's surprising, that's just the first one that came to mind."
>"Quite the knowledge of history you have." Camille compliments the shrine maiden.
>"I was there. I mean I wasn't there at that battle, but I did spend quite a lot of time in Yamato in those days. It was not common, but it was considered an effective tactic to not only kill especially powerful figures in those days, but to banish them from this world. That way their God, or Divine Agent, couldn't simply resurrect them or use them in some other way. I did see that happen personally more than once." Her voice does not waver or quiver, but the quiet strength you hear in her voice does not completely mask the sadness she feels at those events.

« Reply #717 on: July 31, 2017, 08:57:12 AM »
>"Both Avatars we've interacted with expressed a history of being wrongfully cast into Makai - if only in vague terms. But if I had to theorize, I could imagine their prior incarnations conspiring with the Champions' kind to take vengeance against a world they felt had wronged them. And I have no doubt that they were wronged, though of course this is not a way to go about redressing this. What I am most concerned about is what became of the personalities these current incarnations had until the moment they manifested their Avatar-hood."

« Reply #718 on: July 31, 2017, 09:04:57 AM »
>"Both Avatars we've interacted with expressed a history of being wrongfully cast into Makai - if only in vague terms. But if I had to theorize, I could imagine their prior incarnations conspiring with the Champions' kind to take vengeance against a world they felt had wronged them. And I have no doubt that they were wronged, though of course this is not a way to go about redressing this. What I am most concerned about is what became of the personalities these current incarnations had until the moment they manifested their Avatar-hood."

>"You mean you don't know?" Kenyu asks.

« Reply #719 on: July 31, 2017, 09:07:39 AM »
>"I'm afraid not. I only learned of the existence of these Avatars at all on the day we fought Water's and saw both her and Air's transformation. Their change in demeanor was... dramatic."