Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 99984 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #330 on: May 26, 2017, 01:46:55 AM »
>"Do you not have any remorse for your actions?"

>"I don't feel remorse." Motormaster rolls slightly, pulling himself back upright. "I don't feel much of anything right now. I used to. I used to be able to feel things that no human could imagine. Right now, I should be feeling angry. Should be more pissed than I've ever been." Anger does seep into his voice, but it only lasts for half a sentence, and his body sags again. "It won't stay. Can't hold the feeling. Can't even stay angry at you, and you're the one that killed me."

« Reply #331 on: May 26, 2017, 01:53:10 AM »
>"Much of the emotions you felt before might never have come from you in the first place, but from it. But you're still there. Maybe you've never known what it's like to be your own person, but you're still there."

« Reply #332 on: May 26, 2017, 02:04:39 AM »
>"Much of the emotions you felt before might never have come from you in the first place, but from it. But you're still there. Maybe you've never known what it's like to be your own person, but you're still there."

>Motormaster manages to scowl. "And what am I now? Before you, I was one of the most feared man on two continents. The Blood were afraid of me. Now I'm... This." He droops again, flopping back down to the floor with a hollow thump. "Why didn't you just kill me? I'd rather be dead than be this."

« Reply #333 on: May 26, 2017, 02:58:46 AM »
>"I'm sure it must sound absurd from your perspective at the moment, but I had hoped we were saving you."

« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2017, 03:22:00 AM »
>"I'm sure it must sound absurd from your perspective at the moment, but I had hoped we were saving you."

>For a moment, Motormaster is silent, and then he sighs out a "Thanks." You think he may have been trying to be sarcastic, but the emotion wouldn't come.

« Reply #335 on: May 26, 2017, 03:36:07 AM »
>"And the creature within you was a threat to everyone around you. We couldn't ignore that."

« Reply #336 on: May 26, 2017, 03:49:59 AM »
>"And the creature within you was a threat to everyone around you. We couldn't ignore that."

>"So it's gone now. And I'm just the shit that was left over." Motormaster growls bitterly. "You gonna kill me too? Well do it already. You'd be doing me a favor."

« Reply #337 on: May 26, 2017, 04:05:36 AM »
>"I still would like to help you, if I can. You're more than the refuse of that entity. You're a human being who was denied ever having a life of their own and I think that's a tragedy."

« Reply #338 on: May 26, 2017, 04:20:04 AM »
>"I still would like to help you, if I can. You're more than the refuse of that entity. You're a human being who was denied ever having a life of their own and I think that's a tragedy."

>"I'm not human." Motormaster says listlessly. "I'm a youkai. Just a youkai now."

« Reply #339 on: May 26, 2017, 04:34:55 AM »
>"I'm sure it'll take time, but you may find there are things you can experience as a youkai that were never possible with that creature entwined around your consciousness. Good things."

« Reply #340 on: May 26, 2017, 04:44:17 AM »
>"I'm sure it'll take time, but you may find there are things you can experience as a youkai that were never possible with that creature entwined around your consciousness. Good things."

>"What good is experience when you're empty?" Motormaster says, rolling over to face away from you. "Empty and alone. I can't even stay angry, or feel hate or pleasure or pain like I did. Hate... it loved me for my hate..."

« Reply #341 on: May 26, 2017, 04:46:28 AM »
>"Your hate and not its own?"

« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2017, 04:56:42 AM »
>"Your hate and not its own?"

>"My hate. Its hate. Our hate... All gone now..."

« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2017, 05:07:35 AM »
>Smile tentatively
>"Maybe in time you'll find something else to replace it?"

« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2017, 06:30:35 AM »
>Smile tentatively
>"Maybe in time you'll find something else to replace it?"

>That makes the biker roll over and return his gaze to you. He seems... almost hopeful. "There's another one like mine?"

« Reply #345 on: May 26, 2017, 06:33:22 AM »
>"I... I don't know, to be honest. It's possible."
>To Rin: I certainly hope not, mind you.

« Reply #346 on: May 26, 2017, 06:45:46 AM »
>"I... I don't know, to be honest. It's possible."
>To Rin: I certainly hope not, mind you.

>Other than Scatterclaw's? Rin asks.  That corpse girl said Scatterclaw had a splinter like Motormaster here did.
>For a moment, a hopeful smile creases Motormaster's face. The expression doesn't look quite right on his countenance. And it lasts for only a few breaths before the emotion leaves him. "What does it matter? Wouldn't be mine. Wouldn't fill the void... You took mine away. And you won't give it back. It's gone..."

« Reply #347 on: May 26, 2017, 06:53:47 AM »
>I guess that's true. I meant more 'on the loose', I suppose. If she's to be believed, then Scatterclaw's is safely contained - or whatever passes for safe where he's concerned.
>"Not sharing your soul with another being doesn't mean one has to be lonely. It doesn't mean one has to be alone. I'm sure that must be hard to accept at this point, but that might change in time."
>Indicate the food we brought with us
>"I don't know if you heard us the first time, but we brought you something to eat."

« Reply #348 on: May 26, 2017, 07:06:44 AM »
>I guess that's true. I meant more 'on the loose', I suppose. If she's to be believed, then Scatterclaw's is safely contained - or whatever passes for safe where he's concerned.
>"Not sharing your soul with another being doesn't mean one has to be lonely. It doesn't mean one has to be alone. I'm sure that must be hard to accept at this point, but that might change in time."
>Indicate the food we brought with us
>"I don't know if you heard us the first time, but we brought you something to eat."

>Motormaster's head rolls over. "Food... I used to like to eat."

« Reply #349 on: May 26, 2017, 07:11:29 AM »
>"Well, it's all yours. And if you wanted anything in particular, I could try to get it for you."

« Reply #350 on: May 26, 2017, 07:13:19 AM »
>"Well, it's all yours. And if you wanted anything in particular, I could try to get it for you."

>"I want my soul back."

« Reply #351 on: May 26, 2017, 07:41:46 AM »
>"Is that how you truly look about that creature? Your 'soul'?"

« Reply #352 on: May 26, 2017, 07:55:14 AM »
>"Is that how you truly look about that creature? Your 'soul'?"

>"That's what it feels like." With an obvious struggle, Motormaster hauls himself back to his feet. He turns towards the window and turns his lifeless stare out into that grey expanse once more. "My heart. My soul. My... self, my other half. I was born with it. I should have died with it. Why couldn't I have died with it? Died whole?"

« Reply #353 on: May 26, 2017, 08:03:14 AM »
>Of all the possible outcomes with Motormaster I'd been preparing for, this was not among them. What does one even say to that? Did I only bring him suffering by having Reisen spare him?

« Reply #354 on: May 26, 2017, 08:17:30 AM »
>Of all the possible outcomes with Motormaster I'd been preparing for, this was not among them. What does one even say to that? Did I only bring him suffering by having Reisen spare him?

>Rin takes a moment before she answers. You changed him, Mistress. Changed his life. You- WE- took something away from him that he'd had all his life. Even if it was bad, it was something precious to him. But we know what that splinter was. We know what it does to people. Whatever he is now, however he's suffering now, he's not tied together with that evil anymore. And nobody said his suffering's gonna be forever. He's only had a day to adjust. Took me more than a day to adjust having you as my mistresss not Konngara, and that was less radical a change than what Motormaster's going through. He needs time. Rin looks at the damaged biker. Right now, I don't know if there's anything we can do for him. At least he can't hurt himself here, or anyone else. I don't know how long we should keep him here, but at least he's safe. Alone, but, safe.

« Reply #355 on: May 26, 2017, 08:23:01 AM »
>Isn't 'alone' the last thing he needs right now? Not that any of our presences would be a comfort, I suppose....

« Reply #356 on: May 26, 2017, 08:34:32 AM »
>Isn't 'alone' the last thing he needs right now? Not that any of our presences would be a comfort, I suppose....

>Whose presence would be? Rin counters. Even his gang wasn't friends with him, and they probably wouldn't want to see him anyway. His parents, maybe?

« Reply #357 on: May 26, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »
>"Do you have any family?"

« Reply #358 on: May 27, 2017, 12:46:28 AM »
>"Do you have any family?"

>Your question appears to surprise Motormaster. "What?"

« Reply #359 on: May 27, 2017, 02:53:46 AM »
>"I asked if you had any family. Parents, siblings, that sort of thing."