Author Topic: Overwatch Thread: UPRISING PvE, HotS Promotional Event 2.0, and New D.VA Skin!  (Read 103182 times)

Tea Devil

• wowee!! ♥
Re: Overwatch Thread: The Cavalry's Here - Now Live/Rolling Out!
« Reply #240 on: August 20, 2016, 04:26:26 AM »
and he can't Swift Strike to dodge traps. (Cue the salt from longtime Genji mains.)

Ooooohhh yes.

On the other hand, Mei ult makes me shudder a bit.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #241 on: August 20, 2016, 08:49:03 AM »
Pharah picks aren't going to overwhelm anything until McCree stops being McCree.

only in mmrs where people can actually aim, which does not apply to a lot of players

and may be people start play junkrat (or winston) more if they saw  genji main 

junkrat isn't really a genji counter at all though. maybe a little better off now that his traps will actually function properly, but genji should still come out of most 1v1s against junkrat ahead

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #242 on: August 21, 2016, 10:06:09 PM »
True, I'm speaking from ~62 mmr. I'm used to getting randomly pinged with two shots and falling out of the sky whenever I pick pharah
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2016, 05:45:00 AM »
Further changes in PTR:

Hanzo gets a 33% reduction in size to his projectiles - apparently shooting buses out of his bow is still too strong.

Soldier: 76 has a faster increase to his spread, but also a faster reduction to his spread when not firing, emphasizing burst fire over full-auto.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2016, 01:28:17 PM »
Good. Will prevent the dumb shoot around corner without proper aiming shots.

About Soldier. That is interesting and odd. The scatter currently starts on the 4th shot. If you keep your auto-fire to burst of max 3 shots you will always have accuracy.

Edit: Thinking about Soldier, could be indeed to prevent spraying on long range I guess.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 02:23:34 PM by Helepolis »

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #245 on: August 26, 2016, 03:39:28 PM »
Can't wait about new map

I want to explore about how beautiful of Eichenwalde (espacially using Lucio climb around wall like a freak  :D )

same as Sit & Laugh  + Reinhardt new legendary skins ( I stacks 4000 gold right now)

Two sides of the coin

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #246 on: September 02, 2016, 06:33:50 PM »
Finally picked this up again after a while of not playing. Tried Junkrat for a while. Good GOD he is fun. I did a late join on a run in Nepal (the inside one), and had a triple kill in the first 15 seconds. Ended up going 17-2 by just hanging around the objective.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #247 on: September 02, 2016, 07:48:58 PM »
I am digging the new changes so far. Perhaps I'll retry some ranked again.

Haven't run into the new map yet so no idea how the hell it plays.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #248 on: September 02, 2016, 09:31:26 PM »
Didn't run into the new map yet. Mei is still fun to play, D.Va wasn't too much impacted, and I didn't know I'd find L?cio that enjoyable to play.

Also.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »
EDIT: Wait, no, nevermind, that was Pharah.

Hope it comes out on consoles soon. Really need that Genji nerf.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 06:50:02 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #250 on: September 03, 2016, 10:13:58 AM »
I may try ranked game too after their change some mechanic in rank game

the problem is I didin't play Overwatch  for so long since ending of season one ranked so..my shooting skill may decline dramatically...

plus I addict another Blizzard game right now...

Two sides of the coin

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #251 on: September 04, 2016, 01:26:23 PM »
I think the animators made an error with Zarya's eye during the 'Comedy gold' emote.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #252 on: September 04, 2016, 09:23:40 PM »
there's a bug currently that causes face and eye animations to break outside of game

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2016, 10:32:59 PM »
My first time on Eichenwalde went better than expected.

But I get so salty with this matchmaking sometimes. Five enemy tank on Lijang was a little funny, and it's obvious I really shouldn't use McCree because I have terribad accuracy. But really, they're still terrible at matching up relative skill levels, if the amount of level 70s, 80s, and 90s I keep encountering in QP is any indication.

Also, probably a bad idea to attempt ranked when I'm only level 26.

Move eternally forward,

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #254 on: September 04, 2016, 10:34:54 PM »
Eichenwalde is so fucking biased toward defense it's not even remotely funny. Those choke points are a nightmare to get past.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2016, 03:11:49 AM »
ranked platinum on after my calibration matches, 6 wins 4 losses, solo Ana the whole way through.
you can't stop me from being a grandma
Sugoiiii~

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2016, 05:13:35 AM »
Eichenwalde is so fucking biased toward defense it's not even remotely funny. Those choke points are a nightmare to get past.
IKR. Especially the first choke point immediately. Like what the hell. It is worse than Industries or Hanamura.

ranked platinum on after my calibration matches, 6 wins 4 losses, solo Ana the whole way through.
"Everyone dies"

Nice ranking.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2016, 06:18:17 AM »
But really, they're still terrible at matching up relative skill levels, if the amount of level 70s, 80s, and 90s I keep encountering in QP is any indication.

level isn't really an indicator of skill

there is a bit of a gray area where higher level = more likely to know things about the game, but that only matters to a certain degree if people aren't good

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2016, 06:32:31 AM »
That as well.

Solo quick play queues me 95% of the time with minimum of level 100+ people, regardless of skill. Group queuers can contain people being < 100.

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2016, 07:49:20 AM »
One of most annoying for me when playing rank is when the team always spam at objective every second and make me upset alot and I don't understand why they spam ping endlessly

Two sides of the coin

« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2016, 07:51:19 AM »
hi5 plat buddies

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #261 on: September 06, 2016, 05:20:27 AM »
level isn't really an indicator of skill

there is a bit of a gray area where higher level = more likely to know things about the game, but that only matters to a certain degree if people aren't good

...Like, say, when most of my team is level < 10, and most of my enemy team is > 50? Because there's no goddamn way they're really even close to equivalent.

Really, that's the bit I'm most salty about with weekend QP matchmaking. Half the time both teams are about the same or slightly imbalanced, but it just seems like an easy steamroll one way or the other the other half. Usually I'm the one being steamrolled.

Move eternally forward,

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #262 on: September 06, 2016, 10:03:48 PM »
...Like, say, when most of my team is level < 10, and most of my enemy team is > 50?

considering that the game already has tons of smurfs and that it's super common for games to have people who play a lot and yet are worse than the average brand new player? yeah, level is still not exactly a level of skill

posting an exaggerated story that only maybe happened once like it's what happens to you every game doesn't exactly make your point look strong. if you're low level being matched against people of a higher level, it's probably b/c you are better than the average new player and the matchmaking system put you in a higher mmr to account for that

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #263 on: September 06, 2016, 10:14:22 PM »
That's the one encouraging thing on my part. I'm almost always matched with higher rank people, and 95% of the time I finish with a positive k/d.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #264 on: September 07, 2016, 06:38:07 AM »
considering that the game already has tons of smurfs and that it's super common for games to have people who play a lot and yet are worse than the average brand new player? yeah, level is still not exactly a level of skill

posting an exaggerated story that only maybe happened once like it's what happens to you every game doesn't exactly make your point look strong. if you're low level being matched against people of a higher level, it's probably b/c you are better than the average new player and the matchmaking system put you in a higher mmr to account for that

You're right about that. I'm just so full of salt, I'm worse than gonjo mains after the PTR.

Anyway, against my better judgment, I'm doing a few placement matches, and I got a draw in Hollywood in my third match. If we can't cap it because of Symmetra and Junkrat, you certainly won't cap it with me somehow wandering into their flanks and forcing their Mercy to flee and getting their McCree and/or D.Va out of position to deal with me. Still 0-2-1, so probably gonna end up Bronze.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 05:32:13 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2016, 09:10:44 PM »
from what I've seen:
if you're winning more than losing in your placements you get plat
if you're about equal, draws included (so like 4-4-2 or something close), you get gold
if you lose a little more than you win you get silver

your individual performance also matters in the games a surprising amount; I had a friend who went 6-4 but got gold, and noted that he wasn't really doing amazing during his games. Do-it-all heroes like Ana, Soldier, and Hog will actually boost you up just a tad, iirc.
Sugoiiii~

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #266 on: September 08, 2016, 11:36:05 PM »
personal performance is actually a huge modifier since the game is so heavily skill based

even if you lose all 10 games, if you're doing like 15-20k damage with above average elimination and objective time scores every game, you're still probably going to get placed in gold

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #267 on: September 09, 2016, 06:38:23 AM »
Somehow I'm playing Android Krillin a whole heck of a lot more than I want to. I want to play D.Va, but we need healers, and 30% global debuff is still huge against single targets. Fighting against God-tier Mei is still holy shit what is this, more so if I can't anticipate her ult in time to Matrix it. Good Meis know how to use the icicles for more than just finishing off frozen enemies. Great Meis can use it anytime to be an eratz sniper.

Two games left. Probably will get to them tomorrow, then we'll see how I end up.

EDIT: Two games later, 4-5-1, 2119 Gold. ~7200 dpg, ~2 EDR, ~2400 hpg. Spent most of the time as Android Krillin. (I know I have this inferiority complex, but this seems too high.) Question: Does sites like MasterOverwatch aggregate all players, or just the ones that put their names in?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:32:26 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2016, 11:26:38 PM »
just the ones that put their name in

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #269 on: September 23, 2016, 06:37:53 AM »
So I just had a troll match - four Meis on the enemy defend team on Eichenwalde. Obviously voice-coordinated, because impassable Ice Wall.

So I went D.Va, and took the gap and walked onto the point. I nearly fell into the pit (I did once), but my boosters got off cooldown before I died. I didn't get the point then, but I stymied the Meis long enough for the rest of my team to break through and eventually cap the first point.

We lost, because on the final push, two of them went Bastion and at least one of them is coordinated enough to not ignore the D.Va.

I kind of want to hear what was going on on their side when they realized someone was capping the point they were so careful not to let anything through to.

Move eternally forward,