Author Topic: MotK NFL Postseason Discussion - FF 2015 season is over (congrats PX!)  (Read 82505 times)

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
Re: MotK Fantasy Football 2015 - Will Kilga Go Unwinfeated This Year?
« Reply #360 on: October 19, 2015, 05:53:16 AM »
So after losing by .44 of a point last week, I barely scrape out a win this week by .44 of a point. I notice weird things like that.

However Darren Sproles still has to play on Monday night. Unless there is a stat change, I might as well replace him with someone on a bye and guarantee a win. I could see him getting 1 carry, fumbling, then not playing the rest of the game. It would be a funny way to lose though.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2015, 10:39:26 PM »
Vic - sent a trade.

So after losing by .44 of a point last week, I barely scrape out a win this week by .44 of a point. I notice weird things like that.

Being Kilga is suffering.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2015, 10:52:56 PM »
Vic - sent a trade.

Being Kilga is suffering.
Urk, achievement medals, my only weakness!

So far the answer to the title is "yes".

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #363 on: October 20, 2015, 02:32:44 AM »
I'm playing against the Giants in this league and I'm up against the Eagles in my other league :/

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #364 on: October 20, 2015, 03:50:05 AM »
Looking for TE, have position players in various states of disrepair. :V
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #365 on: October 20, 2015, 11:57:20 AM »
https://streamable.com/d4jy

Colts dot mkv
I heard this happen on the radio and had no idea what had actually transpired. Now that I've seen it a number of times, I still have no idea what's going on.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #366 on: October 20, 2015, 01:53:09 PM »
Survivor pool update:
Vic, Edible, yuyukos, and PX were all out heading into the final week, leaving kagiyamahina and Kilga to take matters into their own hands and split a game to decide a winner.
kagiyamahina: 4-1 (Arizona, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Yinzers, Tampa Bay)
Kilga: 5-0 (Minnesota, New England, Washington, Tampa Bay, Miami) WINNER!

Since Kilga finally won something this year, the rest of us now have to say something nice about the Patriots.  I guess I'll start:
I admire the New England Patriots for their ability to force great production out of players that the rest of the league has ignored.
...but I wonder how they manage that, could it be CHE-*shot*

I didn't get a chance to write about the Panthers this past weekend, but my write-up would have boiled down to this: The Seahawks have a defense and a run game that have both underperformed this year but their secondary will still cause issues for the Panthers passing game.  Vegas likes the Seahawks by 7 but that's ridiculous; take the Panthers and the points becuase this'll be a 3 point win likely to Seattle.  THEN THE PANTHERS BEAT THEM ON A HORRIBLE BLOWN SECONDARY COVERAGE TD PASS TO GREG OLSEN!!!  THEY COULDN'T EVEN GUARD THE ONE RELIABLE TARGET THE PANTHERS HAVE!!!  With that they head into a Sunday night matchup against the suddenly impressive Eagles on a "short week" but I still like the Panthers in this game and next week on MNF against the Colts.  Then the Packers come to town and welp.

I heard this happen on the radio and had no idea what had actually transpired. Now that I've seen it a number of times, I still have no idea what's going on.
The greatest play ever in the NFL.  Greatest fake punt in college is probably this Arkansas State Fake Punt against Miami from a few years back

Looking for TE, have position players in various states of disrepair. :V
I'll give you Jordan Cameron, make me an offer, I'll take just about anything.

Edible

« Reply #367 on: October 20, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »
Since Kilga finally won something this year, the rest of us now have to say something nice about the Patriots.

I think Bill Belichick is the greatest NFL coach to date.  Even in what are likely his twilight years as a coach he continues to endlessly innovate on both sides of the ball and succeed in essentially every manner it is possible for a team to succeed.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #368 on: October 20, 2015, 07:12:46 PM »
Starting QBs with a better passer rating than Payton Manning: All of them

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #369 on: October 20, 2015, 10:39:50 PM »
ftr I'm going to keep going with survivor picks just to see how long I last

I'll even try to avoid gimmies, though no promises if I reach Week 17 >_>
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #370 on: October 21, 2015, 03:01:08 AM »
well, patriots good things time.

Considering the draft structure and salary cap in football, teams usually only have a small window in which they can be championship caliber teams. The fact that the patriots have been considered a great team for 15 years now is a testament to how good their personnel management has been. Also, brady to Gronk is the best QB to Reciever connection in the league.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #371 on: October 21, 2015, 05:25:03 AM »
I actually like the Patriots. Belichick is almost definitely the greatest NFL coach of all time, just look at all the quarterbacks that left New England. Him + Brady is the best Coach + QB combination, and the fact that Belichick adjusts his play to the talents of his players makes him better then every coach ever automatically. Ballghazi was a giant fucking waste of everything, fuck you Colts.

Edible

« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2015, 02:48:03 PM »
Starting QBs with a better passer rating than Payton Manning: All of them

This statistic makes me giggle.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #373 on: October 23, 2015, 12:13:06 AM »
In 1 month it'll be the 3rd year anniversary of the greatest moment in NFL history, but since the Pats and Jets play this Sunday, BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE

Edible

« Reply #374 on: October 23, 2015, 12:34:24 AM »
Since Kilga finally won something this year, the rest of us now have to say something nice about the Patriots.

BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #375 on: October 23, 2015, 01:29:06 AM »
Greatest roster ever or what. My only non bye receiver is Nelson Alghamalorpukeshit my kicker is a packer and the D is Panthers

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #376 on: October 24, 2015, 06:01:39 PM »
Just waiting on yuyukos to pop in and voice his unwavering affection for the Patriots.

ftr I'm going to keep going with survivor picks just to see how long I last

I'll even try to avoid gimmies, though no promises if I reach Week 17 >_>
We could always start another pool, since it's not like any of us have any money riding on it.  Speaking of survivor pools, I'm still alive in the local radio one: everyone else is out so they split the listener team I was on into individual members and now we're all facing each other.  We had 5 last week and 4 of us are left, I took the Jets last week and took a big roll of the dice this week on the Chargers.  Oh god please don't screw this up Rivers.

In 1 month it'll be the 3rd year anniversary of the greatest moment in NFL history, but since the Pats and Jets play this Sunday, BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE
Lucky you said something nice about them already.  While I feel some sympathy for Geno Smith and his struggles in the NFL (for reasons I cannot comprehend) I still see Mark Sanchez as kind of a joke and a goof, but that might be tied to my hatred of USC and the constant unwarranted tipsucking they receive from the football media every year and have demonstrated for nearly 10 years that they're not deserving of high or really any praise ahead of their inevitable Pac-12 play collapse.  I hope Notre Dame continues to wipe the floor with them every year forever and ever amen.

Greatest roster ever or what. My only non bye receiver is Nelson Alghamalorpukeshit my kicker is a packer and the D is Panthers
A bird team would have actually worked out here for once.

Edible

Re: MotK Fantasy Football 2015 - First To Worst! First To Worst!
« Reply #377 on: October 24, 2015, 06:11:04 PM »
If we're starting survival pool ROUND TWO, I'm taking the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #378 on: October 24, 2015, 06:20:34 PM »
If we're starting survival pool ROUND TWO, I'm taking the JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.
Edible hates winning

« Reply #379 on: October 24, 2015, 07:49:22 PM »
well, vic, theres our only win for the rest of the season, yeah?

round 2, eh? i'll support my home state and take the Panthers.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #380 on: October 24, 2015, 08:24:28 PM »
well, vic, theres our only win for the rest of the season, yeah?

round 2, eh? i'll support my home state and take the Panthers.
Our first win in W-S since 2001 apparently. But didn't you see that stat I posted earlier that Wake cant win an ACC game if they score a TD? It happened again today lol, they shoulda just kicked 10 field goals.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #381 on: October 24, 2015, 09:44:57 PM »
Round 2? Let's join the awful club and go CHARGERS

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #382 on: October 25, 2015, 01:38:02 AM »
For the record, I would have judged BUTTFUMBLE spam as an acceptable ccompliment for the Patriots.

I'm going to carry over my non-pick teams for a bit of an extra challenge. Not a lot of tantalizing matchups this week, though...guess I'll go with the New York Football Giants.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #383 on: October 25, 2015, 02:31:55 AM »
Oh god what a glorious Saturday of college football.  Arkansas finally beat an SEC team. Yes it was Auburn in 4 ots but I don't care.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #384 on: October 25, 2015, 02:58:08 AM »
MotherFUCK USC! After I just got done complaining about them, they beat up on Utah

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #385 on: October 25, 2015, 04:15:48 AM »
MotherFUCK USC! After I just got done complaining about them, they beat up on Utah
Bigger upset, Utah or FSU?

Wow FSU fans must be feeling pretty bad right now to lose like that. If you haven't seen how they lost do yourself a favor and look it up. Honestly though FSU was asking for this, they have been playing it close.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #386 on: October 25, 2015, 05:33:49 AM »
Look at this stone cold mother fucker.

His name is Tom Brady and he is the greatest quarterback you're currently reading about.

All he does is win, check that bling.

Hell, he wins at life, look at his wife, she's a goddamn supermodel. Beautiful.

The league can't even keep him down, they try and bring controversy and he dodges that shit like two slow pass rushers and then starts off the season undefeated to give a big ole F U to the league.

In fact, he's so good, he's taken some advice from his wife and learned to throw it to himself. A true master of his craft.

Now this man is coached by a genius in his own right, not that Eric kid,

No, his name is Bill "We had six eligible receivers on the field, but only five were eligible" Belichick. A maestro of the rules of math and football.

Revolutionizing the coaching dress code by bringing the hoodie ninja look to the forefront of haute couture. I can appreciate a hoodie aficionado.

Also, this guy.

Bro. Bro!

And a bunch of other guys!

The New England Patriots everyone. Get behind them today! :toot:.

I'll take the Oakland Raiders over San Diego for the run back. I expect Rivers' arm to fall off after last week.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 05:43:48 AM by yuyukos »
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #387 on: October 25, 2015, 07:31:20 AM »
Reminder that Brady's wife makes more money than him.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #388 on: October 25, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »
Bigger upset, Utah or FSU?

Wow FSU fans must be feeling pretty bad right now to lose like that. If you haven't seen how they lost do yourself a favor and look it up. Honestly though FSU was asking for this, they have been playing it close.
I'd say Utah is the bigger upset, even if the stats say that USC had every advantage going into the game as a 6.5 point favorite.  Stats don't take into account things like chaos at head coach, but sometimes that can be overcome.  By the way, the last two USC interim coaches have more wins over top 5 programs than the last 2 regular head coaches.  Sounds to me like the AD needs to do his damn job (not better, but period).

The FSU game was an inevitability just waiting to happen.  FSU was decimating opponents during their 2013 national title season, but this year and even last year they've been winning very close games against inferior opponents and have no really impressive wins to hold up and prove any kind of domination.  On the other side of the field, Georgia Tech has gotten so many bad breaks this season that people may have forgotten that they were an elite team last year and returned many of those starters, but ended up on the wrong side of most of their recent games unlike FSU.  GT had a tremendous comeback against Notre Dame that just started too late, lost at Duke which currently has one of the best defenses in the country (at Duke!!!), had UNC buried before the Tarheels mounted a miracle comeback (the biggest in program history), was outmatched by a Clemson squad that is in all likelihood the best team in college football, and lost a close one to nationally ranked Pitt (who plays a very similar game to GT anyway).  Sure winning on the blocked punt was exciting and very cool, but GT is a good team and it took a lucky break for them to finally prove it.  They could pretty easily win their remaining games but their ACC Championship dreams have long been in tatters.

A good post
I love Gronk, he's the best.  He's like a big dumb dog that's just so happy to see you even though you only left the room for a bit.

Reminder that Brady's wife makes more money than him.
It surprises me every time I read this, but Tom Brady keeps restructuring his contract to clear up cap space and lower his yearly salary (while still somehow increasing the amount of money he makes) so I guess it makes sense.  NFL contracts are weird, and there are several baseball contracts worth more than any NFL contract (a travesty).

I'm not exactly sure what happened with my fantasy team: I had 3 RBs coming into the season and now my entire bench is just RBs and Josh McCown.  I'm starting all 6 of the WRs on my roster and I think all of them are technically the number 1 receivers on their rosters but you wouldn't be able to guess that based on their production.  Football is the worst sport ever and my team is just bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad.  I didn't even know who Willie Snead was back in week 1 and now he's the Saints best receiver ahead of Brandin Cooks?  I don't get it at all.

Cam Newton is playing at an MVP caliber right now.  J.Stew had 2 rushing TDs against Seattle last week which were the first offensive TDs of the year for the Panthers that weren't attributed to Cam Newton in some way.  He's essentially dragging the entire team behind him, playing incredibly well behind a patchwork O-line that is blocking decently enough, and better than some teams (Seahawks lol, Colts lmao) but Cam is still having to avoid some hits on his feet either scrambling behind the line or gaining yardage.  He's making the most out of a receiving corps that would struggle to instill fear in the CFL, much less the NFL, and getting some great performances out of Jerricho Cotchery and Ted Ginn in particular.  Funchess hasn't been playing at a great level, but then again neither have any of the other rookie wideouts not named Amari Cooper (and he's sometimes outplayed by the ancient Michael Crabtree).  That said, he's catching some essential balls and working with Philly Brown to move the ball and also to draw some coverage off of Greg Olsen.  Unlike some TEs that are nothing more than underpaid WRs (Jimmy Graham) Olsen is actually doing a lot of blocking this year in addition to his catching, so he deserves every ounce of praise he's getting this season.  Bringing us into the game tonight, the Eagles have an astonishingly bad red zone offense under Bradford and the Panthers D will get another chance to shine.  Kuechly is going to be playing unrestricted and Jared Allen will be back at DE with a chance to prove that he's still the player he was in KC and Minnesota.  Shaq Thompson is out with an MCL sprain but AJ Klein, who had filled in very well for Kuechly earlier, will be taking his place.  Expect Josh Norman to close off half the field for receivers.  With all that said, the Panthers are not the most reliable team in prime time so I'm a little worried heading into the game tonight, but if they can get the win tonight (and the stats are on their side) then I'd expect that success to likely carry over to next week's game against the suddenly reeling Colts.

Edible

« Reply #389 on: October 25, 2015, 02:35:37 PM »
edit: kill me
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 04:33:13 PM by Edible »