Author Topic: Fantasy Crescendo ~ Rumble Dream Ensemble (Touhou Smash Bros.)  (Read 79659 times)

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
Re: Genso Shojokosen (Touhou Smash Bros.)
« Reply #150 on: July 24, 2015, 03:46:25 PM »
What about uniting the 2 names.

"Engagement of Phantasm ~ Maiden Reverie"
Ohhh, this one is good!
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2015, 04:19:48 PM »
Okay, folks, this is a very important poll. We've been discussing the perfect final name to give to this project and we need your help to decide.

Click here to vote!
Actually using "Smash" in the name sounds like a bad idea. For legal reasons.

What about "Clash of Maidens ~ Phantasm Reverie"?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:21:36 PM by Prime32 »

« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2015, 06:17:26 PM »
"Engagement of Phantasm ~ Maiden Reverie"
"Clash of Maidens ~ Phantasm Reverie"
Forget the strawpoll, I want one of these two.

WodofGar

• Virtual Cartographer
  • Double Spoiler was my birthday present.
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2015, 09:51:48 PM »
Down+B better be a Wriggle Kick.
Even though the it still gives me nightmares.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2015, 11:02:19 PM »
Actually using "Smash" in the name sounds like a bad idea. For legal reasons.

I get what you mean, but I don't think the word "Smash" is copyrighted. "Smash" is merely there as a reference; a hint to what our game is based on. That way, it's easier for people to identify it. However, some of these other name suggestions aren't bad either.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #155 on: July 25, 2015, 12:49:27 AM »
What about "Clash of Maidens ~ Phantasm Reverie"?

Yo this. This is perfect. 10/10.
"Clash of Maidens" conveys the idea the game is about without the use of the word smash, it's a "two parts name" like many Touhou games, and Phantasm Reverie just.. sounds Touhou-ish.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:17:26 AM by Flandre5carlet »

james7132

• Sleepyhead Programmer
« Reply #156 on: July 25, 2015, 03:19:21 AM »
Yo this. This is perfect. 10/10.
"Clash of Maidens" conveys the idea the game is about without the use of the word smash, it's a "two parts name" like many Touhou games, and Phantasm Reverie just.. sounds Touhou-ish.

It sounds a bit too close to Clash of Clans for my taste.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
    • flan.moe
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2015, 11:47:44 AM »
It sounds a bit too close to Clash of Clans for my taste.
Well, now that you mention it... Hm.

Gabo7

• 3D Artist & Programmer
  • Watatsukiphile
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2015, 03:59:04 PM »
Well, now that you mention it... Hm.

How about Skirmish of Maidens ~ Phantasm Reverie ?

« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2015, 12:12:15 AM »
In that sense, "Maiden Skirmish" sounds better imo.

« Reply #160 on: July 26, 2015, 01:09:54 AM »
Thought of a few more names you guys might like

1- Engagement of Maidens ~ Phantasm Mayhem

2- Engagement of Phantasm ~ Mayhem of Maidens

3- Engagement of Phantasm ~ Performance of Maidens

4- Engagement of Maidens ~ Performance of Phantasm

5- Engagement of Maidens ~ Extra Performance

6- Gathering of Maidens ~ Extra Reverie

7- Gathering of Maidens ~ Eastern Reverie

8- Eastern Performance ~ Maidens of Gensokyo

My favorites are 3 , 6 , 7, 8
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #161 on: July 26, 2015, 03:12:14 AM »
I'm liking "Clash of Maidens" to be honest.  :3

james7132

• Sleepyhead Programmer
« Reply #162 on: July 26, 2015, 06:25:31 AM »
Sup, y'all. Thanks for all the feedback in both comments and votes in the poll. Due to the poll being so close and the various other ideas we saw, we decided to completely rethink the name, with the feedback received. After a bit of talk (and argumentation) we think we came up with a good name in Dream Crescendo ~ Border of Battle.

We wanted to keep to our dream theme (it is a good excuse as to why all the girls are fighting each other: it is all in their dreams), but also show that the game was about fights among them (as was the Engagement names). There were some mentions of names being too long, so we used Battle to keep it nice and short. As for Crescendo and Border, we simply though they were nice and short names that were very Touhou in feeling. The Maiden part did denote that we were dealing with our favorite girls, but didn't add much meaning to the name.

If you feel like there are some adjustments that would make it better, please do tell.

As for updates since the demo, we have an experienced animator on board now (under the alias of nineball). Marisa's model is almost complete outside a few touches to her face and hair. The Forest of Magic is improving, now with a basic view of Marisa's house in the background. Finally, we have zero progress on the functionality on the game, because I have been on vacation since the demo release :D.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:28:03 AM by james7132 »

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2015, 07:32:49 AM »
I hope l can come out and be frank in saying that I'm not necessarily fond of the name we settled on. I admittedly got attached to the idea of Touhou All-Stars being part of the title after James jokingly suggested it during our brainstorming session. I didn't like it at first, but when I went with it, it seemed to fit the idea of a game like Smash.

Not to say that Dream Crescendo ~ Border of Battle is a bad name per se. Quite the contrary. But to me, it doesn't have much energy to it. It just seems a bit...gray, for lack of a better term. I mean in regards to a fighting game. Though again, that's just me.

In any case, we decided to see what you guys thought of the name. As James said, feel free to give your feedback and two cents on it.

Eiburine

• Ferrero Rocher Lover
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2015, 08:32:27 AM »
Hmm I think the Dream Crescendo part sounds nice. Rolls off the tongue I'll say :)
But the Border of Battle part kinda sticks out. It sounds blocky and out of place.
I think the word Boundary would sound a lot nicer, but idk about the Battle part.

« Reply #165 on: July 26, 2015, 09:26:30 AM »
The new name sounds nice, it both fits in with the touhou universe as well as being both short and able to convey what the game is about.

ShadowNCS

• Prinny Overlord
  • Highly Responsive to Jinxes
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2015, 09:57:00 AM »
I think the new name sounds nice, but...
We wanted to keep to our dream theme (it is a good excuse as to why all the girls are fighting each other: it is all in their dreams)
please don't let the story be that it's all just a dream. Unless it's some sort of collective dream (Yukari is fooling around with the borders again/ some youkai is putting them all in the same dream to do something again, so this being an actual incident rather than Meiling's story from Soku), it will suck out all the agency the game would otherwise deliver. Why try when nothing is real and just a dream to begin with, after all?

Either way, I'm glad this game is making progress and can't wait to soo more of this game being finished. ^^

« Reply #167 on: July 26, 2015, 12:06:31 PM »
Well, if it's not too late, here's one from me.

Maiden's Scrimmage ~ Phantasm Reverie

Gotta keep the Italian of the original Maiden's Capriccio. Though this seems more fitting for a song name, especially if you want to keep the "dream" theme.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #168 on: July 26, 2015, 02:30:46 PM »
But the Border of Battle part kinda sticks out. It sounds blocky and out of place.

I think I'm inclined to agree with this. But then again, I'd still prefer to use Touhou All-Stars in some fashion.

Gabo7

• 3D Artist & Programmer
  • Watatsukiphile
« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2015, 03:49:56 PM »
I think I'm inclined to agree with this. But then again, I'd still prefer to use Touhou All-Stars in some fashion.

imo, 'All-Stars' is a bit overused. And it reminds me of basketball.

I'm all for Dream Crescendo ~ Border of Battle. However, some variations could be nice:

Phantom Crescendo ~ Boundary of Battle

Suggestions are welcome

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2015, 04:32:39 PM »
I'm friends with Savory through Skype, and I actually offered him moveset ideas and also know the entire roster, though he said as of now, he won't confirm or deny if the roster he told me is finalized.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2015, 04:53:16 PM »

Frankly, I get what you mean. But I feel "All-Stars" is spot on for a Smash game. While you do say it's overused, I can't think of many fighters that have used it apart from Playstation All-Stars and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2015, 07:13:05 PM »
Frankly, I get what you mean. But I feel "All-Stars" is spot on for a Smash game. While you do say it's overused, I can't think of many fighters that have used it apart from Playstation All-Stars and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle.
Non-fighter titles have it too. Probably that is why people mention the overuse. Example: Blizzard attempt to get "DotA" as their own game, Blizzard all-Stars, which was eventually renamed.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2015, 08:33:46 PM »
Non-fighter titles have it too. Probably that is why people mention the overuse. Example: Blizzard attempt to get "DotA" as their own game, Blizzard all-Stars, which was eventually renamed.

Ah. Well I stand corrected then. I wasn't that much aware of many titles that used "All-Stars".

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2015, 09:43:38 PM »
Hiho, while I was talking with Savory about possible new names, we had these following ideas:

One idea that we liked is the name "Rumble Dream Ensemble" since it mixes the fight feeling with the "Rumble Dream" but at the same time it shows a peaceful and harmonic side with the "Dream Ensemble".

Other idea would be to include the "Fantasy" theme in the name, maybe using the words "Reverie" or "Fantasy" itself. So we get names like "Maiden Reverie" ,"Maiden Fantasy" or "Reverie All-Stars"

Mixing these ideas, my favorite choose was:

Maiden Fantasy ~ Rumble Dream Ensemble that sounds cool also as a Japanese name (乙女夢想 ~ Rumble Dream Ensemble)

I'm all for Dream Crescendo ~ Border of Battle. However, some variations could be nice:

I agree with the "All-stars" think, it is a bit overused, maybe we could choose a synonym for that.

"Dream Crescendo" sounds ok for me but we also could use other "music dynamics" names like "forte" or "marcato".
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2015, 03:02:08 AM »

Maiden Fantasy ~ Rumble Dream Ensemble that sounds cool also as a Japanese name (乙女夢想 ~ Rumble Dream Ensemble)

Ooh, I like the first part. The "musou" from the "otome musou" can also make the kanji 無双, meaning unrivalled or simply fight/war, like in Sengoku Musou.

This one got my vote.

« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2015, 09:25:43 AM »
I kinda like "Rumble Ensemble" because it has a semi-rhyme feel to it.

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
    • flan.moe
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2015, 10:48:18 AM »

Mixing these ideas, my favorite choose was:

I have to say, I really really like this name. Sounds good, doesn't feel too long/cluttered, etc.

Personally I'd rather avoid at all costs names that contain generic names or such like "All-Stars" or "Smash".

I also like Dream Crescendo ~ Border of Battle, especially the Dream Crescendo part, but Border of Battle sounds a bit... odd.
I think mixing them both could work out in some way, maybe. But as it stands I prefer Maiden Fantasy ~ Rumble Dream Ensemble, myself.

Gabo7

• 3D Artist & Programmer
  • Watatsukiphile
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2015, 12:08:05 PM »
I have to say, I really really like this name. Sounds good, doesn't feel too long/cluttered, etc.

Personally I'd rather avoid at all costs names that contain generic names or such like "All-Stars" or "Smash".

I also like Dream Crescendo ~ Border of Battle, especially the Dream Crescendo part, but Border of Battle sounds a bit... odd.
I think mixing them both could work out in some way, maybe. But as it stands I prefer Maiden Fantasy ~ Rumble Dream Ensemble, myself.

Maybe Dream Crescendo ~ Rumble Ensemble?

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2015, 12:52:27 PM »
Honestly, I do like Kaze's name idea. Dream Crescendo still sounds strange to me.  I can fully go with Maiden Fantasy ~ Rumble Dream Ensemble though.