Author Topic: Touhou Gensoumaroku ~ The Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch  (Read 130088 times)

Well, I PMed it for a reason but whatever, out now. Please ask first next time~

Anyway, quoting from the previous page...
The Japanese texts are visible, although in Excel in other for them to not have screwed up encoding, you have to switch the editing language to English.
Also, to edit it, all you have to do is write over the Japanese. If you look on the right-hand side, you can see the text (which is again English here). I'll give you a copy-paste from an untranslated document.

Code: [Select]
"-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","10021","21","102","-1","お、おい、悲鳴だぜ??!?","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","10022","22","-1","-1","STOP","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","10023","23","128","-1","あちらからです!","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","10024","24","-1","-1","STOP","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","10025","25","-1","-1","COMMAND","","","","","","","","","","","",""
"-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","-1","10026","26","101","-1","あれは、紫に白蓮!?\nそれに??美鈴も!?","","","","","","","","","","","",""

In Excel (giving you just the Gyazo link so it doesn't get cut off by the forum):

http://gyazo.com/19dd3240420b674fbedba36f8ba0a41c

All of the text is in the column labeled "msg". That's essentially it.
So on that gyazo link, you can see the titles of the fields, which are bln_*. These correspond to the same values in SCN_BALLOON there, but presumably are automatically calculated if needed by the game's code. bln_t would be type of ballon, bln_w width, bln_h height. bln_d is direction, I guess? You probably want to look at bln_w, the last field before ID.

This is probably why you're not recognizing changes regardless of length; you were dinking around with a text field that didn't have a width calculated to it.

Anyway, wild guess time based on a quick look over that global srb: byte 25C9EC appears to be the one testing the length, which is set to 0x09 right now. (9 characters?). I don't see any code for super-wide balloons there, so I'm guessing they became manual-only or something.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Ack, sorry, I thought you said something about passing it off to someone else if I couldn't make anything of it. My bad, I'll ask next time. X_X;

As for that, I'm going to see what happens when I set bln_w to something else in the story file itself. It is set to -1 for everything in the prologue, but I wonder if setting it to something else will change it manually (whereas -1 signifies auto-adjusting to text length). I'll play around with it a bit more before I sleep.

EDIT: Okay, changing the bln_w will forcefully set it to the width you input, but only 1 and 2 seem to work. 3 will break most balloons. I'm going to test and see if it will change the balloon size based on how many times there's a line break. Maybe that'll help.

SECOND EDIT: I was right, it'll auto-adjust the balloon height based on the number of line breaks. Going to do one more test to see if it allows for more than three lines, although I think at maximum there can be three lines per balloon.

THIRD EDIT: Nope, looks like three lines is the max. But this is good news, if worse comes to worse (I'll look at the global.srb at some point later, I have to sleep now), with line breaks and forcibly setting the bln_w field to 2, this'll allow for the maximum possible space in a balloon, so there's that.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 06:11:50 AM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Well, look again at the SCN_BALLOON csv. You can line up the requested size to what I presume is taken from the balloon source image files, with the rects listed. Maybe it's picking the wrong texture or they slipped past testing? Dunno.

There are no entries for 4-line balloons, but you could probably make some. (I forget if you can add entries with my tools or not, it's been too long.)

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Most likely, what it's doing is that it's set to a specific type of balloon that's only covered by the 1 and 2 widths (there's much less 3 and 4 width entries in the SCN_BALLOON while there are the same number of 1 and 2 widths, so I bet it's trying to read off a balloon type that isn't there, which makes it go for the wrong textures).

I don't know if it'll let me add balloon types. I can probably edit SCN_BALLOON a bit more, but I don't know if it'll have any effect.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
I imagine validon was misled by
You can probably figure out how to adapt this for DoD, or pass it along to someone who can, if it is at all possible to use there or even similar in structure.
, and figured you sent it via pm to keep passionate love letters private =P.

Seriously though, If it's any help I can make a clean install of GoS if diffing its global thingie would help that much. I don't have the tools to extract those package files though. Not sure it'll be needed anyway though, but if it's needed and nobody else can do it just lemmie know.

Edit. Minor typo thing that may even be the fault of the base game but higen retour says its all targeting when it is single target.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:07:53 AM by Ghaleon »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Edit. Minor typo thing that may even be the fault of the base game but higen retour says its all targeting when it is single target.
Actually, I completely forgot, but a -lot- of the good single target nuke shikigami skills have this error; I recall it on a lot of the 250/270 power magic nukes.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Seriously though, If it's any help I can make a clean install of GoS if diffing its global thingie would help that much. I don't have the tools to extract those package files though. Not sure it'll be needed anyway though, but if it's needed and nobody else can do it just lemmie know.
Nah, I just had to rederive what I did the last time around, which took.. I guess about half an hour? Not too long. Though if anyone wants to pick up GoS too the same thing applies there. (Also I had it pre-expansions, so I was totally out of date anyway...)

DoD's changed things up a bit but I'm fairly confident I found the right byte there last night when skipping through.

did i kill the thread

did i kill the thread

I hope not, the recent progress has been super exciting, I've been waiting for this since I finished GoS, mucho kudos to all contributors!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
did i kill the thread

I'm sorry, I don't talk to thread-murderers *turns away*.

I personally am enjoy the patch we were given as is.. and even if nothing at all happens furthermore, I'm happy overall because what we have now is enough to enjoy the game. However I'm holding off replays with different starting characters because I feel I should save my game-motivation for future patches. I can wait for ever and ever if need be (still waiting on garlyle's wish on celesial star, PSO2 west, and fushigi no gensokyou!), but some news WOULD be appreciated because if things fell apart for some reason, I'll just start my alt games now =). Seriously though, no judgements or upsetness towards anyone who worked on it, what I got is already more than anyone could have expected.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
However I'm holding off replays with different starting characters because I feel I should save my game-motivation for future patches.
Same; I'm hype for a second playthrough (I'll restrict myself to no battle-recruited shikigami next time~) but I'm waiting on the dialogue translation so that I can enjoy that, too.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Okay, sorry, haven't said much in awhile on my end, I'm not doing so well on playing messenger for progress on story translations, but I might as well say what's up right now.

Things have been a bit weird in terms of trying to get everyone together on who is translating what, not to mention people having IRL stuff means having awkward schedules and so on and so forth, but for the most part we know who is translating what, it's just getting the translation done at this point, which is going to take some time, for certain. There's a huge amount of text in the game, and even with three translators dividing it all up between themselves, there's still a lot of text to be done with that. The project's still going, obviously, but it's going to be slowgoing. I'm going to keep in contact with the translators as I have been and hopefully do a much better job at being messenger boy than I have been recently (everything in the world seems to want to distract me).

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
...oh huh, I opened up the game just to test something and ran into what's definitely a typo. http://puu.sh/igTac.png (Shizuha is not a mystic shikigami) And here, for seeing which one it overwrote that it wasn't supposed to http://puu.sh/igTgW.png

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
...Oops, that really should be Variety Effect Casting Speed. Don't know what I did there. X_X;

No idea if reported, but two minor typos here (LINK), (hmm...Expanded Inubashira)

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Okay, the Inubashiri part is a mistake, the missing i in Momiji's name is a font thing. Lowercase j overlaps part of the previous letter for some bizarre reason, there's nothing I can do about it.

Again no idea if reported but pretty sure プラネットブレイク is Planet Break (HERE), it's even there on the description, for some reason the text is not properly aligned. Also slightly over MP in Super Dimension Crushing Slash (HERE), very minor though.

Just noticed this strangeness happening with this item while grinding away in this playthrough, thankfully another of my saves hadn't gotten this item yet so I could double check the problem quickly.
So, uh. Click me.
Strangely enough, the name of that item shows up fine everywhere else. It's only Misfortune Mace of Misfortune in the battle results screen.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Oh... wow. I know exactly why that's like that. There's essentially three columns for the name of every item, first one for the name, second and third for "split" names. I thought the second and third columns were essentially unused, but it seems that's not the case. I'll have to go through and get rid of the leftover Japanese text in the third columns. I'm probably not going to do it tonight, but tomorrow I'm going to go through and fix everything that's been recently mentioned and make a new patch (for the first time in awhile, damn).

I saw that one too while grinding the Allosaurus on my playthrough (LINK).

Dragon Strike (ドラゴンストライク) is currently listed as Dragon Fang Strike (LINK1), that's a skill from GoS (not even NoR retains it, equivalent is Triumph Dragon). Also another misaligned description on skill Moulin Rouge (LINK2).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:31:13 AM by Cjd2524 »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Okay, so that promised update with those fixes is currently getting uploaded. I'm going to throw the image files with it this time around, because looking at Cjd2524's screenshots, I see he hasn't applied the image translations, which are found in v0.05 of the patch (I didn't include them in the lettered patches because of not wanting it to be a massive download each time, but I think that's confused some people).

Expect v0.06 in like... a good half hour or so, whenever my internet decides it wants to upload the patch quickly. :V

EDIT: Okay my bandwidth is being really weird and it's uploading much slower than usual, so I just decided to include only the game files and make it another lettered patch. Note to everyone: THIS PATCH WILL NOT CONTAIN THE IMAGE FILES, IF YOU WANT THE TRANSLATED IMAGES, DOWNLOAD 0.05, APPLY IT, DOWNLOAD 0.05e, THEN APPLY THAT OVER IT

https://mega.co.nz/#!EMggRDjK!OV7Nspv55ihUMh02dxSR0s5NUsnQH3WR7_mKlvWBap4
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 03:58:34 AM by Validon98 »

My fault on not patching the images, thanks for the fixes, here's the rest of the text regarding misalignment/overlapping I saw so far.

The Ribbon description goes out of marquee dialog box (LINK), I think it's the first description I see that it's partially translated, and these skills have slight overlapping text, Shield Wall, Flashing Pierce, Counter Aiming, again all very minor issues.

Still playing the game so I'll post as I get skills, and other stuff, if the save file is needed to check alignment I can post mine.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I realized there's a line missing on the sword skill Dimension Slash; there should be something about "when there's a slayer on the weapon the damage is increased" or something like that, but it's completely missing. Zhu Li's last word as a shikigami also has the same ambiguous land wording that the demon abilities used to have (It says "when water land is over neutral" but it just needs to be "neutral or greater")

Oh yes that's actually how Dimensional Slash works in NoR, it amplifies Slayer Strength and has potential to do more damage than Acala Sword.

Some descriptions say "All-Targeting Attack" and both the skill icon and in-battle targeting don't match, these three are single-targeting skills as the icons indicate, skills are Chaos Flare, Freezing Prison and Paraklesis Cannon.

I can't post misalignments/overlapping text at this time, sorry.

That's how it works in this game as well. According to the wiki,
空間をも引き裂く強力な剣技。
武器に強打があった時はダメージが増す。
Which when put through Google Translate because I cannot japan says "When there was a bang on the weapon damage is increased."

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
For some reason, that second line was missing in the original Japanese and I'm not sure why, but I can add it back in if needed.

There is overlapping text on the in-battle status condition box, may be not an easy fix, should be adjusted if possible to allow longest status name and longest status description to fit properly, and I have no idea to which statuses correspond each.

SCREENSHOT LINK

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I'm not sure if that's something I can fix easily, the descriptions each start at a fixed point in the box, so I can't push them forward unless I add spaces to the descriptions. At best I can try shortening the status names to make them fit better.

(On a gameplay note seeing you walk in with a solo Reimu into this fight is making me cringe given how annoyingly tough the fight is if you don't dispel his buffs.)

I think it would best to know the longest status before making adjustments. Can the "# Turn/s" Lefts for Field Status be translated ?, I mean this top right (LINK), if it's due to Turn being singular or plural "Turn/s" should suffice, right ?

Here's the rest of the descriptions with overlapping text, Alicorn, HDD Crash, King's Snake Curse, Malignant, Release Barrier, and Spider Net, also the Mambele text runs slighty outside the box to each side but is very minor again.

(that battle is impossible to solo unless your character has high Thunder ALV coupled with high Lv. Thunder shikigamis, Annulment dropped by the Sylph at Heaven can also Dispel with low chance on attack, so you may keep attacking and dispel at the same time.)

OT, I can tell getting the Yukkuris in Banquet is trivial.

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
I wanted to thank everyone for working on this project and making the gameplay possible for those who don't know japanese.
Just a question, will character dialogues get translated? i'd love to replay the game sometime just for the story if that becomes possible.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:48:26 PM by ChronaSE »