Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4  (Read 62710 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 4
« Reply #960 on: June 27, 2015, 01:32:54 AM »
>"I cannot say for certain, but I believe it's safe to say the answer is 'extremely', and she is also furious. I expect it will take all of us together to have a hope of containing her. There is, I think, no one else who can."

« Reply #961 on: June 27, 2015, 02:20:59 AM »
>"I cannot say for certain, but I believe it's safe to say the answer is 'extremely', and she is also furious. I expect it will take all of us together to have a hope of containing her. There is, I think, no one else who can."

>Reisen sighs once more. "No pressure, then." Reisen balls her fist and pulls it in close to her chest. "You're right. Questions later. Now we have a mission." She raises her hand over her head. "Drafted into a cause once more. Stars protect me. Poppy Purity Ascent!" Blood red light suffuses her as your powers takes hold in her heart and body.
>The results when the light fade are... not entirely what you were expecting. Your breath catches in your throat as you look at her. You've seen in some of Koakuma's more... daring costumes since Rin starting working there, but somehow this feels different. More... enticing.
>Reisen, however, does not seem entirely impressed. She regards her new ensemble with a look of exaggerated anguish. "Aw, come on...."

« Reply #962 on: June 27, 2015, 02:25:53 AM »
>"You, um... I am sure there is probably something you could do about that if you... don't like it. This power is very flexible, if you have a purpose you wish to direct it towards."

« Reply #963 on: June 27, 2015, 02:35:10 AM »
>"You, um... I am sure there is probably something you could do about that if you... don't like it. This power is very flexible, if you have a purpose you wish to direct it towards."

>Reisen heaves a much put-upon sigh. "Maybe later. We've got a more important job first."

« Reply #964 on: June 27, 2015, 02:41:03 AM »
>"Right. Patchouli has a head start on us, and she's masking her presence so that I can't track her. I'm almost certain she's heading for her family home, but I don't know exactly where that is; I assume you do."

« Reply #965 on: June 27, 2015, 02:43:03 AM »
>"Right. Patchouli has a head start on us, and she's masking her presence so that I can't track her. I'm almost certain she's heading for her family home, but I don't know exactly where that is; I assume you do."

>The rabbit nods. "I do."

« Reply #966 on: June 27, 2015, 02:46:23 AM »
>For that teleportation magic, would it be sufficient if Reisen could visualize the specifics of our destination, even if we could not and were 'leading' the spell ourselves, as it were? Would our link allow that image to be shared in a sufficiently concrete fashion?

« Reply #967 on: June 27, 2015, 03:01:07 AM »
>For that teleportation magic, would it be sufficient if Reisen could visualize the specifics of our destination, even if we could not and were 'leading' the spell ourselves, as it were? Would our link allow that image to be shared in a sufficiently concrete fashion?

>For someone else to set the targeting coordinates of the teleportation spell, that person must be the one to cast the spell itself. Excepting in the case of people who are specially close to you. Rin probably would be able to set the target, and possibly Lily as well, but at this point in time, neither Kiku nor Reisen would be capable of that.

« Reply #968 on: June 27, 2015, 03:04:21 AM »
>And it's likely that's too much to ask of her to do it herself, as the very first act of using her powers....
>Maybe there'll be some landmark nearby we recognize?
>"Where is it, specifically?"

« Reply #969 on: June 27, 2015, 03:20:54 AM »
>And it's likely that's too much to ask of her to do it herself, as the very first act of using her powers....
>Maybe there'll be some landmark nearby we recognize?
>"Where is it, specifically?"

>That does seem likely.
>Entirely possible, Mayoiga has no shortage of landmarks.
>Reisen provides you with the address. "It's the biggest building for a couple of blocks. The Knowledges couldn't bare not standing out."

« Reply #970 on: June 27, 2015, 03:23:37 AM »
>Does that address mean anything to us? Do we know anything in the general vicinity well?
>Also, how far away is it by air from here? How quickly do we think we could get there conventionally?

« Reply #971 on: June 27, 2015, 03:44:00 AM »
>Does that address mean anything to us? Do we know anything in the general vicinity well?
>Also, how far away is it by air from here? How quickly do we think we could get there conventionally?

>You've never had cause to be out that part of town before.
>Pushing yourself a little, you could get there in around ten minutes.

« Reply #972 on: June 27, 2015, 03:47:04 AM »
>To Rin and Lily: Do either of you know any place near [insert address here] well? Enough that you could clearly visualize it?

« Reply #973 on: June 27, 2015, 03:56:42 AM »
>To Rin and Lily: Do either of you know any place near [insert address here] well? Enough that you could clearly visualize it?

>No, mistress. Rin replies
>That big white and blue place with the huge fountain up the road from Benjie's? Lily asks.

« Reply #974 on: June 27, 2015, 03:59:18 AM »
>"Is it, by any chance, a big white and blue place with a large fountain up the road from... some place named Benjie's?"
>Do we even know what this Benjie's is?

« Reply #975 on: June 27, 2015, 04:10:49 AM »
>"Is it, by any chance, a big white and blue place with a large fountain up the road from... some place named Benjie's?"
>Do we even know what this Benjie's is?

>Reisen frowns. "I don't what 'Benjie's' could be, but the description is right. Did Patchy talk about it?"
>You do not.

« Reply #976 on: June 27, 2015, 04:17:27 AM »
>"No, that was Lily."
>Smile sheepishly
>"Telepathy."
>Reisen says the description matches. Do you know the area well? Enough to visualize it precisely? We need to get there very quickly, and I think I may be able to teleport us there if you can hold an image of our destination well enough for me to see it while we work the magic.

« Reply #977 on: June 27, 2015, 04:29:37 AM »
>"No, that was Lily."
>Smile sheepishly
>"Telepathy."
>Reisen says the description matches. Do you know the area well? Enough to visualize it precisely? We need to get there very quickly, and I think I may be able to teleport us there if you can hold an image of our destination well enough for me to see it while we work the magic.

>"I've got a lot to learn." She blinks. "Which one was Lily?"
>Uh... Maybe? the blonde replies. I've seen it from the air plenty of times, but I've never got that close to it. Kinda had a 'leave off' feel about the place.

« Reply #978 on: June 27, 2015, 04:36:05 AM »
>Anywhere nearby could also do, if it's someplace you know more confidently. It would need to be somewhere you could expect would be empty of people and also obstacles.

>"The one with the wings."
>Smile a little
>"The other is Rin."

« Reply #979 on: June 27, 2015, 04:45:21 AM »
>Anywhere nearby could also do, if it's someplace you know more confidently. It would need to be somewhere you could expect would be empty of people and also obstacles.

>"The one with the wings."
>Smile a little
>"The other is Rin."

>Do clouds count? the little blonde asks seriously.

>That one makes Reisen smile. "I guess I should have known."

« Reply #980 on: June 27, 2015, 04:51:34 AM »
>Surely a memory of a cloud that has long-since moved on wouldn't be a useful teleport target, would it? Or would her memory of where is was when she saw it maybe serve as a relevant anchor to that specific location?
>Assuming we don't think this is useful: I... doubt it, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:53:40 AM by DracoOmega »

« Reply #981 on: June 27, 2015, 05:01:43 AM »
>Surely a memory of a cloud that has long-since moved on wouldn't be a useful teleport target, would it? Or would her memory of where is was when she saw it maybe serve as a relevant anchor to that specific location?
>Assuming we don't think this is useful: I... doubt it, I'm afraid.

>The cloud itself wouldn't do you much good, but the sky around the location might work.
>Clouds aren't obstacles?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 05:12:24 AM by Wildsour »

« Reply #982 on: June 27, 2015, 05:09:59 AM »
>Oh, I thought you were asking if they counted as landmarks to teleport to.

« Reply #983 on: June 27, 2015, 05:19:41 AM »
>Oh, I thought you were asking if they counted as landmarks to teleport to.

>No no, the obstacle thing.

« Reply #984 on: June 27, 2015, 05:33:25 AM »
>I don't think so? I, uh, of course have never done this before. The clearer the better, I am sure.

« Reply #985 on: June 27, 2015, 05:47:51 AM »
>I don't think so? I, uh, of course have never done this before. The clearer the better, I am sure.

>Well why not just teleport over the place?

« Reply #986 on: June 27, 2015, 05:51:02 AM »
>That might be possible, but as I said, I have never seen the place with my own eyes, and if I am to do this I will need a very clear and distinct mental image of it. If you can provide me with one, then I will try.

« Reply #987 on: June 28, 2015, 10:30:09 PM »
>That might be possible, but as I said, I have never seen the place with my own eyes, and if I am to do this I will need a very clear and distinct mental image of it. If you can provide me with one, then I will try.

>I think I can do that. My memory is good! Lily says with a smile you can nearly hear.
>If I may, mistress? Rin puts in. How difficult is it going to be to transport three of us half way across the city?

« Reply #988 on: June 28, 2015, 10:32:38 PM »
>We did think we could do that, didn't we? Pooling our power together and all that.

« Reply #989 on: June 28, 2015, 10:48:48 PM »
>We did think we could do that, didn't we? Pooling our power together and all that.

>You are reasonably certain you can do it, yes. But the energy required to do will be signifigantly greater than when you pulled Lily across that city. That spell utilized the bond between you, using a connection that was already there, and quite strong. This time, however, there is no one on the other end doing any pulling, no connection to use to make the job easier. You'd be throwing you and three other women a great distance using only your own power to do it. Doing it yourself would probably come close to exhausting you in the process, and sharing the load between you and the others would leave the lot of you at least winded when you got there.
>Well, except maybe Reisen. Unlike you, Lily and White Rose, she never tangled with the Air Champion, so she's bit fresher than you three.