Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 140019 times)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #840 on: March 18, 2015, 11:58:41 PM »
can someone put up thier luci? I need to farm some masks :derp:

I'd love to, but I dont' have any awakenings on him.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #841 on: March 19, 2015, 01:31:59 AM »
Maybe I'm just fundamentally misunderstanding how to play a match-four leader. I keep getting into situations where I'm missing a single orb to make an activation, so I spend a turn clearing away as much green and pink as I can, as well as anything I have too much of. Almost all of the time this seems to result in a series of cascades that wipes most of the board and resets me back to a position where I just have a random setup and I'm now missing a single different orb and still can't activate. Am I doing the wrong thing here? Should I only be clearing a few orbs to avoid unfortunate skyfalls? To an extent there's probably confirmation bias at play here where I only remember the times things go terribly wrong, but it seems to lock me up for at least two or three turns virtually every run I do.

Incidentally, I've found that I nearly never get a successful activation that doesn't have six combos. Even accounting for prongs I don't think getting SuperKali's full activation should be a problem if I can get any activation at all.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:53:50 AM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #842 on: March 19, 2015, 02:05:00 AM »
To be frank, a lot of my Sakuya success has come about by just matching everything I can if I'm still missing one color, and then a clutch TPA skyfall will randomly proc x25 when I need it most.

Trying to conserve orbs can't really be done effectively if you're trying to conserve four different colors at once while also keeping up your heart drops. Just matching everything and trying you get a fresher board altogether works best for me.

Besides. You have time extensions from Kali and all. Make use of them.

Edit: what options do attackers have as far as skill boosts go? I want to lead with Susano because 2/3rd uptime on 50% damage is really cool but that still means waiting for 15 turns to begin with.
Of the mobs I have, I only have Susano, Attackerasu, Suzaku, Athena, and the Flash but uggghh Athena.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:16:42 AM by Fast Fanatic »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #843 on: March 19, 2015, 02:14:07 AM »
Oh I do. That's the only way I can pull off the level of combos I do with her, since my combo skills are weak. But when I'm essentially clearing the whole board and crossing my fingers for a skyfall there's only so much I can do regardless of the combo count. I think I am getting better at trying to keep green off the board as I go along, and that has certainly helped my consistency some, but when you have a team as fragile as Kali your consistency has to be near-total and mine certainly isn't. I've been using her a lot for farming lately even at the risk of losing farm runs just to rack up experience with her, but I have a long way to go. Playing rows has kind of ruined my conventional combo skills and learning them at this stage in the game is weird.

Edit: Rows have kind of ruined my expectations for damage output too. I just cleared King Of The Gods with Kali and was shocked to see an 7-8 combo activation with prongs and x2 from Sun Quan not one-shot Zeus. Almost makes me wonder what the point of going to all this effort is. Of course the answer is "for variety" and "practice for SuperKali", but the contrast is shocking.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:17:02 AM by commandercool »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #844 on: March 19, 2015, 02:24:35 AM »
see I wouldn't use Kali for farming
hell I don't even use Sakuya for regular farming ever because that's way too stressful. I think I've mentioned before that she's just my trump card for when every other team I have sucks too much.

Farm teams are farm teams because they have consistency and the farmiest of farm dungeons don't have massive HP pools to need x25. When it comes down to running descends or whatnot with Kali, you still have all the time in the world to figure out how exactly to proc x25 more when you need it.

If you -really- want to just practice Kali, take it to Endless Corridors.

Reedit: King of the Gods is kind of an outlier anyways and I wouldn't stress about him.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:26:36 AM by Fast Fanatic »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #845 on: March 19, 2015, 02:25:59 AM »
I've been looking at it as "Kali has bad HP which means I shouldn't even try to get HP and should go full offensive because I'll just die anyway", but maybe Kali's more offensive nature over Sakuya just means that I need to make up for it in defensive subs while Sakuya has to use offensive subs to do good damage. But when it comes down to it I'm just bad at clearing green and hearts off the board fast enough to keep my combos going reliably, and a bulky Kali team will only sort of mitigate that.

SuperKali actually has amazing HP with pluses and at base she only has 500 less HP than Kirin which considering she's a healer is actually goddamn amazing. Actually I feel like it's much better to plus your high-power subs for LKali than it is to cherrypick high HP subs. SuperKali and Fuma between them have pretty great HP. If you have Izanagi he has equivalent HP to Kirin and provides an enhance if for some reason you like that. Athena has high HP too. I dunno. My LKali team can does ridiculous damage and still has around 20K HP. Which is not bad when I don't have Fuma or LIzanami.

In fact I'd probably have far more HP if I used DMeta as my dark sub instead of D/L Yomi. But Mono-Light the dream.

Edit: Rows have kind of ruined my expectations for damage output too. I just cleared King Of The Gods with Kali and was shocked to see an 7-8 combo activation with prongs and x2 from Sun Quan not one-shot Zeus. Almost makes me wonder what the point of going to all this effort is. Of course the answer is "for variety" and "practice for SuperKali", but the contrast is shocking.

Depends on how many rows you have and how many rows you matched versus how many TPAs you have between your subs and how many TPAs you matched. My LKali's x36 with an enhance does around the same as Dmeta's x16 with enhance and 8 dark rows.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:32:03 AM by tranceHiME »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #846 on: March 19, 2015, 02:39:31 AM »
see I wouldn't use Kali for farming
hell I don't even use Sakuya for regular farming ever because that's way too stressful. I think I've mentioned before that she's just my trump card for when every other team I have sucks too much.

Farm teams are farm teams because they have consistency and the farmiest of farm dungeons don't have massive HP pools to need x25. When it comes down to running descends or whatnot with Kali, you still have all the time in the world to figure out how exactly to proc x25 more when you need it.

If you -really- want to just practice Kali, take it to Endless Corridors.

Reedit: King of the Gods is kind of an outlier anyways and I wouldn't stress about him.

I have this problem with video games where if things are too easy I zone out and have trouble focusing my attention later one when I need it. It's a problem in Touhou where I'm barely paying attention in the first two stages and I die to nonsense in the third stage, and it's a problem in Endless Corridors where I can never get in any good practice because I always die to negligence before getting to anything hard enough to be skill-testing. Unfortunately I think putting some stamina on the line is the incentive I need to pay enough attention to actually get practice. I'm not farming with her because it's efficient, just because it's an excuse to use her.

SuperKali actually has amazing HP with pluses and at base she only has 500 less HP than Kirin which considering she's a healer is actually goddamn amazing. Actually I feel like it's much better to plus your high-power subs for LKali than it is to cherrypick high HP subs. SuperKali and Fuma between them have pretty great HP. If you have Izanagi he has equivalent HP to Kirin and provides an enhance if for some reason you like that. Athena has high HP too. I dunno. My LKali team can does ridiculous damage and still has around 20K HP. Which is not bad when I don't have Fuma or LIzanami.

Depends on how many rows you have and how many rows you matched versus how many TPAs you have between your subs and how many TPAs you matched. My LKali's x36 with an enhance does around the same as Dmeta's x16 with enhance and 8 dark rows.

My +s are earmarked for Gabriel forever, so there's only so far I can go with that. Fortunately I've begun working on Sun Quan and I use him on both teams, but he's the only one. I have been meaning to search for more +297 Kali friends (I only have one) since I skillmaxed her. When you send out friend requests it's probably slot one that the person you're requesting sees, isn't it?

Unfortunately I don't have Fuma or Izanagi, but I do have dark Metatron and she's surprisingly buff. Until I pull some more stuff, which probably won't be for another four or five months, I think my team is more or less Kali/Kali/Metatron/Sun Quan/???/Kali, where ??? is Sonia Gran once she comes out or Ra, Athena, or Izanami for pending the dungeon. That's between 18288 and 19781 HP (actually more than that with +eggs), which is not bad, and I think it's got decent offense.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #847 on: March 19, 2015, 02:42:47 AM »
My +s are earmarked for Gabriel forever, so there's only so far I can go with that. Fortunately I've begun working on Sun Quan and I use him on both teams, but he's the only one. I have been meaning to search for more +297 Kali friends (I only have one) since I skillmaxed her. When you send out friend requests it's probably slot one that the person you're requesting sees, isn't it?

Unfortunately I don't have Fuma or Izanagi, but I do have dark Metatron and she's surprisingly buff. Until I pull some more stuff, which probably won't be for another four or five months, I think my team is more or less Kali/Kali/Metatron/Sun Quan/???/Kali, where ??? is Sonia Gran once she comes out or Ra, Athena, or Izanami for pending the dungeon. That's between 18288 and 19781 HP (actually more than that with +eggs), which is not bad, and I think it's got decent offense.

When you send out friend requests the person you're requesting will see the leader of the team you last used, not the leader in your slot one, if I remember correctly. DMeta is a good stat stick and is my one-way ticket dark sub for Mephisto Descended, so definitely consider to build her up some. 

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #848 on: March 19, 2015, 02:48:00 AM »
When you send out friend requests the person you're requesting will see the leader of the team you last used, not the leader in your slot one, if I remember correctly.

Oh neat. I'll send some requests out before bed tonight.

DMeta is a good stat stick and is my one-way ticket dark sub for Mephisto Descended, so definitely consider to build her up some.

Thanks to present eggs mine is already maxed aside from two skillups and two awakenings. :D

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #849 on: March 19, 2015, 02:57:12 AM »
Read past posts regarding x5 leads.

Kirin's gravity if you run her as a lead is not that terrible because of the sudden rise in popularity of Resolve in descend bosses - every descend boss since Sonia-Gran (including Sonia-Gran herself) has Resolve so far, even Kaguya-hime has Resolve at 75% HP. You can use Kirin's gravity bursts to help go past the Resolve threshold and then go for the kill. I think that's something worth noting.

« Reply #850 on: March 19, 2015, 03:28:36 AM »
hey Thaws I ran into your goddamn buddy mr 1 C D  man

Unfortunately for him Alraune charges her skill the next turn so welp gg ghfg'd

« Reply #851 on: March 19, 2015, 03:30:48 AM »
aaaaaarg gungho pls show awoken Isis already

I legit can't wait aaaaaaaa :<

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #852 on: March 19, 2015, 03:53:49 AM »
I sent out a friend request to every +297 Kali on PDX who didn't expressly ask me not to, and I +5ed my friend slots. Hopefully tomorrow they're full of Kalis. After that I need +297 U/W Sun Quans, since I think he makes a very viable I&I replacement for my friend leader. Not sure that there are too many of those out there right now though, so I'll give it time.

Also, Gabriel is five HP +eggs from hypermax. I finished his attack as well just now. Monday is another x5 rates day, so I should definitely be able to finish him then.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #853 on: March 19, 2015, 04:12:59 AM »
hey Thaws I ran into your goddamn buddy mr 1 C D  man

Unfortunately for him Alraune charges her skill the next turn so welp gg ghfg'd

Hahaha huge props for using bastet for this.
I never do.
I should lv up an alraune.
Rip 1 c d

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #854 on: March 19, 2015, 05:54:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/578425708034199552

Ultimate Evolution Goemon
F/L
Physical / Dragon

AS: True Heavenly Ninja Arts Fireworks - Deal massive Fire ATK damages to an enemy, makes your HP = 1, turns the whole board Red
LS: Physical and Dragon types get a small ATK bonus (x1.2~). As HP decreases, ATK also increases, up to a maximum of x5

Blind Resist -> Red Rows
Added Skill Boost
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:58:52 AM by tranceHiME »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #855 on: March 19, 2015, 06:17:16 AM »
... So he's amazing now.  Awright.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #856 on: March 19, 2015, 06:50:39 AM »
Holy fuck goemon.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #857 on: March 19, 2015, 06:52:45 AM »
Holy fuck goemon.

The power of Naruto gives him strength. :getdown:

EDIT:

http://pad.gungho.jp/member/150319_sinka_goemon.html

Goemon UVO in Japan goes live tomorrow.

Grodin AS: Min CD now 9 turns
Bodin AS: Now also enhances Blue orbs
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:56:18 AM by tranceHiME »

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #858 on: March 19, 2015, 08:03:36 AM »
Now I have a reason to keep Blodin on Andro for more than the awakenings and stats.

Also like I said, 36x benchmarking.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #859 on: March 19, 2015, 11:27:24 AM »
Bodin AS: Now also enhances Blue orbs

Having the highest weighted stats in the game, three skill boosts, three rows and three TPAs wasn't enough, now he also needs to enhance blue orbs.

I guess even gungho is a sucker for the blue's beard.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #860 on: March 19, 2015, 11:41:33 AM »
So that one-in-five skill up chance.

Went 0/4 for Yamato Takeru skill ups.
Went 1/1 for Marvelous Sonia.

gdi I don't even like you, Sonia.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #861 on: March 19, 2015, 12:59:14 PM »
I now have more +297 Kalis than I could ever conceivably need. Good. Too much is better than not enough.

Also, why if the flying fuck did Gungho buff Blue Odin again? Did they give a reason? Green Odin didn't need help either, but Blue Odin definitely did not need to be buffed. Might as well throw some Juggler buffs in there too. :wat:

Goemon seems badass. The rows alone seem like they make him a thing. Is he a thing you think? And do we know anything about his need skill cooldowns? Hopefully it's something like 19 maximum, 16 minimum.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #862 on: March 19, 2015, 01:10:53 PM »
Grodin/Blodin's active wasn't really the most impressive thing on the planet.

« Reply #863 on: March 19, 2015, 01:13:38 PM »
so much for #goemonsux :v

and so much for the skill ups i have on him >_>

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #864 on: March 19, 2015, 01:17:34 PM »
Godin's was pretty badass as "significant amount of healing on demand with a negligible amount of damage attached", although it certainly wasn't the most impressive thing ever. But it didn't matter even a little, because their actives could have been "100% gravity on self while turning screen to poison" and they would've still been better than most things. Unless there's a good reason for it I'm missing (entirely possible) I'm not on board with buffing top-shelf monsters. :colbert:

and so much for the skill ups i have on him >_>

Yeah, that's... Yeah.

He's a badass sub now too. Kind of makes me wish I played red more.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #865 on: March 19, 2015, 01:39:52 PM »
Goemon seems badass. The rows alone seem like they make him a thing. Is he a thing you think? And do we know anything about his need skill cooldowns? Hopefully it's something like 19 maximum, 16 minimum.

Looks like his minimum cooldown is 15 turns. If his ult drastically reduces the maximum cooldown a la Beelzebub and Hera-Is, then I would expect Goemon's maximum to be 19~20 without skillups.

looks like I found my last Yamato Takeru sub
Suzaku+Yamato Takeru = 2/3 fire board
Urd + Cao Cao = 2/3 fire board
Goemon = BURN EVERYTHING

« Reply #866 on: March 19, 2015, 02:59:53 PM »
HOLY FUCK

I FUCKING DID IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

its amazing what happens when you have all REM subs instead of all farmable crap and thus enough base stats to stall indefinitely on Thoth&Sopdet + enough TPAs to kill things without damage enhancers

i dont need you anymore muse BV although bodin would still be really nice

also max skilled low cooldown orb changers = OP

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #867 on: March 19, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »
Godin's was pretty badass as "significant amount of healing on demand with a negligible amount of damage attached", although it certainly wasn't the most impressive thing ever. But it didn't matter even a little, because their actives could have been "100% gravity on self while turning screen to poison" and they would've still been better than most things. Unless there's a good reason for it I'm missing (entirely possible) I'm not on board with buffing top-shelf monsters. :colbert:

He was losing favor in row teams because he his active pretty much did nothing, and the actives are by far the most important thing in row teams, especially now that the heroes have gotten ultimates that make getting skill boosts and rows a lot easier while providing a great active. Red Odin's the same boat, but he's popular because the JP whales love to use him for speed farming stuff like vault. Tbh, seeing how they attached that nuke on to him, they were probably thinking of the speed farmers when they did that.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #868 on: March 19, 2015, 04:44:28 PM »
[12:39] <Chirei> okay so apparently i'm really really bad at thursday mythical
[12:39] <Chirei> like really bad
[12:39] <Chirei> I forgot to activate 12.25x on the dragon plants
[12:40] <Chirei> which is probably why I didn't want to do this in the first place
[12:40] <Chirei> but apparently they have a first turn counter move called bind whip
[12:40] <Chirei> and the initial strike was still powerful enough that it killed one of them and left the rest unsynced
[12:41] <Chirei> so after taking THREE of these bind whips in a row
[12:41] <Chirei> i'm down to one leilan and one sub, and the last plant is about to strike dragon me
[12:41] <Chirei> it's a lost cause, right?
[12:41] <rdj522> Said sub was Alraune. :V
[12:41] <Chirei> http://i.imgur.com/iMBcZEb.png hell no, you just fucking anubis your way through it
[12:41] <rdj522> oh welp
[12:41] <Chirei> when alraune isn't there to help me you just fucking git gud

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #869 on: March 19, 2015, 05:10:18 PM »
I chopped a lot of bloatware out of my phone and I'm still getting slowdown in PAD. I must have something running that shouldn't be.