Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 139886 times)

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #780 on: March 17, 2015, 06:11:26 PM »
actually i wonder if it's actually more stamina efficient to just farm jewels
Not for Metatron :ohdear:

« Reply #781 on: March 17, 2015, 06:23:52 PM »
Light Jewel doesn't skill up LMeta though :V
fucking hell im dumb

man why do the other chinese girls get jewels and chasers while kirin, lmeta, and indra all have their shit mixed around

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #782 on: March 17, 2015, 06:33:58 PM »
I think their initial logic was "Kirin's skillup is a 100% farmable monster with a 100% drop rate on a dungeon that is always available, LMeta is a special god so her skillups must be dumb and nobody gives a fuck about Indra."

Out of these three, two are no longer true, so Kirin gets the shaft because yes.

« Reply #783 on: March 17, 2015, 06:59:06 PM »
it also sucks cause gravities are comparatively really weak now

like kirin gravity is 10-15 turns for an amazing 20% off their health while a chinese girl active can burst for millions every 9 turns with the right team

« Reply #784 on: March 17, 2015, 07:15:00 PM »
According to Chirei it should be about a 1% drop rate overall, so...

Using hundreds of my runs and thousand of other NA player's runs the rate does seem to average out to be ~1%, give or take a few tenths of a percent. If you get a method for running them going the 1% estimate soon won't matter because you'll be banging out hundreds of runs a week and ranking up like mad.

I think alt tower of nature is the "easiest" one to do, which should be in two weeks. IIRC trance can run it on JP with LMeta pretty easily so you might wanna ask her???

triangles

« Reply #785 on: March 17, 2015, 07:20:16 PM »
I think I'mma need to money up like mad first $$$$

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #786 on: March 17, 2015, 07:24:13 PM »
Kirin is suffering from post-OP meltdown.  It's happened with plenty of formerly top-tier leads: horus, aa luci, etc.  She's generally considered to be the second-worst of the 5x leads at this point (ahead of Durga, who has yet to gain an ult evo - and from what I've been reading, Durga now has a surprising amount of use that Kirin doesn't), and has nowhere near the potential of U&Y/LKali as a leader or a sub.

Part of that is her not-that-useful active, but she also has really awful awakenings.

I hate to say it, but I think she could probably use a buff.  A second ult evo would do nicely; even if it was just a buff to her awakenings it'd be really useful.

« Reply #787 on: March 17, 2015, 07:35:42 PM »
Durga is actually really good now for Dmeta (after all the buffs to each of them) to instantly drop to 1 hp and burst on a low cd. She's also literally a dark izanagi

and yeah kirin needs a buff, but she can still handle legend+s at this point so isis and horus need one first >:V

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #788 on: March 17, 2015, 07:52:24 PM »
I think Santa Kirin was supposed to be her buff :V

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #789 on: March 17, 2015, 07:53:34 PM »
Durga is actually really good now for Dmeta (after all the buffs to each of them) to instantly drop to 1 hp and burst on a low cd. She's also literally a dark izanagi

and yeah kirin needs a buff, but she can still handle legend+s at this point so isis and horus need one first >:V

Durga always was just a more offensive alternative to Kirin, really.

I hate to say it, but I think she could probably use a buff.  A second ult evo would do nicely; even if it was just a buff to her awakenings it'd be really useful.

A balance patch is probably a better bet for that, tbh. And also more useful since the entire 5x set is really fucked up right now.

She still has quite a few dead awakenings they could swap out.

I think Santa Kirin was supposed to be her buff :V

Also this to be honest :v Something like Santa Kirin is basically what Kirin wants to be right now, but isn't- a defensive alternative to U&Y and LKali.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #790 on: March 17, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »
Durga always was just a more offensive alternative to Kirin, really.

Yeah. It's just that for 25x HP and recovery are more important. I doubt it helps that the other non Kirin leads probably beat her out in the offense department too with their dual prongs and orbchamgers.
I dunno how much I want Kirin to get two prongs, though, since both Umi Yama and Kali have them.

I wouldn't be surprise if their way of buffing was tacking something on to Boisterous Dance, like an enhance.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 09:38:35 PM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #791 on: March 17, 2015, 10:29:31 PM »
The only real reason to use Kirin over UmiYama or LKali at this point is honestly because of her gravity. A doubleshot of her gravity really is significant against bosses, effectively reducing close to a half of their health effortlessly, which makes burst kills easier to do. The rest of her is pretty inferior. (I guess HP is a thing too, she is pretty stacked in that stat)

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #792 on: March 17, 2015, 10:35:27 PM »
Yeah, but then we have Hathor who is basically a better Kirin in every possible way (afaik).

Heavenly Splash is 25% to Boisterious Dance's 20%, Hathor has an HP and a RCV multiplier and "damage" awakenings (in the form of the orb enhances) along with different elements for more versatility in rainbow teams.

(I still remember when one of these threads was called "Kirin is literally the best god edition". Powercreep is a horrible wonderful thing, isn't it?)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 10:37:35 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #793 on: March 17, 2015, 11:10:48 PM »
Yeah, but then we have Hathor who is basically a better Kirin in every possible way (afaik).

Heavenly Splash is 25% to Boisterious Dance's 20%, Hathor has an HP and a RCV multiplier and "damage" awakenings (in the form of the orb enhances) along with different elements for more versatility in rainbow teams.

(I still remember when one of these threads was called "Kirin is literally the best god edition". Powercreep is a horrible wonderful thing, isn't it?)

Err, not really.

Kirin's awakenings have orb enhance too and are honestly much better by virute of having more than effectively a single skill boost holy shit hathor's awakenings are such -turbo trash-. She uh, actually has a skill up for her active, and she actually has the versatility advantage because Hathor wants light cards as much as possible and kirin doesn't give a fuck, she'll slot in that echidna all she wants.

I'm not saying Kirin is straight better because with REM subs and a lot of plus eggs, Hathor can take a lot of hits, but it's not anywhere near objectively Hathor>Kirin in a lot of ways.

Hathor just has bigger boobs so people go nuts over her :v

« Reply #794 on: March 17, 2015, 11:18:01 PM »
Ugh right now I have Andromeda, Wukong, Chiyome, and Hanzo...

so that's two gods and two ninjas AND NONE OF THEM HAVE ANY SYNERGY >_>

also kirin's awakenings used to be good because skill boost+time+skill lock resist was a lot of utility that other leaders didnt have

but now every hero god has a shitton of them
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:22:32 PM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #795 on: March 17, 2015, 11:23:57 PM »
Tried Zeus Dios twice, couldn't clear it either time. Got Zeus to less than 10% health both times, but Gungho's "your team is strictly worse than everyone else's because fuck you for not playing dark or light" tech was too much for me to handle. ::) (disclaimer: commmandercool is aware that other people do play non-dark or light teams, he is being facetious, but christ, sometimes it feels that way)

Got a Byakko invade both times which seems crazy. I guess maybe they did crank up the rates. Would've stoned to keep the jewel but I already own five and I don't really want to waste space on more. Had it been any other jewel I would have.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #796 on: March 17, 2015, 11:41:28 PM »
dammit the coin version of flower dragons dont have rankings either!

and there i was thinking i could get another 10 tama T_T

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #797 on: March 18, 2015, 12:19:41 AM »
The account transfer process was, as I was told it would be, extraordinarily painless. PAD did have trouble picking up my Google Play account's authentication at first, but force stopping and restarting PAD fixed that. Good job Google and good job Gungho. Now hopefully my mobile plan transfer will be similarly simple (what does it say about me that I transferred PAD before I set up the ability to use my phone as a phone?).

« Reply #798 on: March 18, 2015, 12:43:34 AM »

Not much to show for it yet, but soon.

Edible

« Reply #799 on: March 18, 2015, 01:10:34 AM »
WE INTERRUPT THIS BROADCAST

KITTY

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #800 on: March 18, 2015, 01:14:30 AM »

Not much to show for it yet, but soon.

Well, you got assloads of experience and monster food to show for it. Get used to that, because that's going to be mostly it. And it's good. Maybe if you dodged the gypsy curse that got me there'll be some +eggs in there too. And piis of course, but they become kind of secondary after a while.

KITTY

THAS NOT A KITTY THAS A LADY.

« Reply #801 on: March 18, 2015, 01:15:18 AM »
I'm expecting Theurgia and Medjed as the evo mats because of the markings on their heads.

Well, you got assloads of experience and monster food to show for it. Get used to that, because that's going to be mostly it. And it's good.

I do like me some exp. Especially since the monsters I'm trying to level up will probably be my only hope of clearing Zeus & Hera when they get here!

triangles

« Reply #802 on: March 18, 2015, 01:18:21 AM »
CATTE

« Reply #803 on: March 18, 2015, 01:26:43 AM »

KITTY
FUCK

IT'S GONNA BE JUST BASTET AND HORUS ISNT IT

:colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha: :colonveeplusalpha:

« Reply #804 on: March 18, 2015, 01:30:26 AM »
FUCK

IT'S GONNA BE JUST BASTET AND HORUS ISNT IT

If Bastet's using Theurgia like it seems like she will, we're thinking in IRC that Horus will get Ars Paulina and Isis will get Almadel. Because norns. :V

« Reply #805 on: March 18, 2015, 01:34:27 AM »
oh that kind of make sense

...which means B/G Balanced/Devil Isis?

oh booooyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy >___>

Edible

« Reply #806 on: March 18, 2015, 01:49:29 AM »

Yeah, blue balanced barely exists in JP and doesn't exist at all in US due to missing collabs

Blue devil doesn't have that much either...

« Reply #807 on: March 18, 2015, 01:55:15 AM »
Wait but they're following Norn trends then Bastet should be Balanced and Isis should still be Physical?

e: Actually I think Bastet will use Armadel not Therugia because both of them are G/R and you don't need a main type Red for your subtype to be Red as shown by Awoken Venus.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:02:52 AM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #808 on: March 18, 2015, 02:06:26 AM »
oh that kind of make sense

I don't know if Isis will get devil, I mean they usually only take one sub type from the material.  The question is what will the other material be?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #809 on: March 18, 2015, 02:11:28 AM »
Bastet is a tossup between Devil and God as well right now cause Alma is devil and medjed is god

She looks a bit devilish with the ghostly spirits flying around her but then again her current devil form looks way different so this might be a return to god type

e: oh wait Bastet has Therugia's head markings...

welp fuck me then :colonveeplusalpha:

e2: oh wait Medjed is Balanced

So Balanced/Attacker Bastet? Wow that sounds pretty good actually

And Physical/Balanced Isis?....

Uh....

ehhhuuuhhhhhh

that might actually be worse
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:29:33 AM by Suikama »