Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 140009 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #750 on: March 16, 2015, 04:03:37 AM »
What do you guys think of Wee Jas as a Kali sub?

He only seems worth using as a LKali sub if you've max-skilled him. He's not very optimal otherwise. Ideally you'd use Time Mage for that but he's not available in NA :/

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #751 on: March 16, 2015, 04:14:30 AM »
so i noticed i haven't cleared temple of trailyoka for some reason

then i tried it

what the fuck i cant beat this THERE ARE TOO MANY FUCKING CHIMERAS

that took me 5 tries

this is literally harder than most mythicals

like 1.7 million subboss that hits for 30-40k ON A 1 TURN TIMER

how is this fair

Yeah, I had to purchase it twice to complete it. It's incredibly unfair. It's really spike-unfriendly. I feel like you kind of need an exceptionally sturdy team to deal with all the mystic masks and dublits.

He only seems worth using as a LKali sub if you've max-skilled him. He's not very optimal otherwise. Ideally you'd use Time Mage for that but he's not available in NA :/

Fair enough. I pulled mine just as the Fist Of The North Star collab was ending, so I got no skillups. Ideally I'd like white Metatron for that, but I haven't pulled one yet. I honestly don't think I need a bind-resist sub most of the time since I have three floor-skip buttons, but I figured with all of his various upsides factored in he might be worth it. Maybe if I ever get the chance to skillup him.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #752 on: March 16, 2015, 04:43:11 AM »
i see you said hi to omegalodran

there is a reason i haven't said hi to him yet
i finally beat them all but goddamn it was close

i got both extremely unlucky a bunch of times with 1 turn spawns but at the very end on the final boss of the final stage i got lucky because the boss used it's 40% chance bind instead of killing me
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 04:44:58 AM by Suikama »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #753 on: March 16, 2015, 04:57:30 AM »

gungho pls buff isissssssssss

They are, give them time :V

« Reply #754 on: March 16, 2015, 05:06:42 AM »
i know

but i cant wait

no i just cant waaaaiiitttttttt

to be kiinnnggggggggg

Edible

« Reply #755 on: March 16, 2015, 05:10:52 AM »
Wait for bastet to get hers first at least.

Also, I'm not sure what to +297 next yet.  Probably best to wait and see what team I wind up playing after a bit and just throw everything on a trash mob in the meantime.

« Reply #756 on: March 16, 2015, 05:21:22 AM »
Bastet has Liu Bei she's fine

Problem with Isis is even though Bodin is good, he's not an orb changer so you can't get nearly as much burst as Liu Bei on Bastet

Really the number 1 thing that's holding back Isis is right now the meta revolves around orb changers, and Isis doesn't really get along that well with any of them. She technically works with all of them (except for sonias) but it's not really optimal.

also cleared some stuff for stones

1 more pull

mistrain

fuck
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:38:15 AM by Suikama »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #757 on: March 16, 2015, 11:44:39 AM »
First Alt dungeon beat - Talos abyss.

I don't have that many Athena Friends so it pretty much came down to the wire, and I had to stone the last stage because of the fact that my last Athena friend was un-uvo'd (So only one TPA ;_; )

I should be able to farm these things reliably though, which is awesome :toot:

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #758 on: March 16, 2015, 12:53:23 PM »
Oh good, another +egg Monday.

Five runs of Door Of Light And Shadow, zero drops.

Well shit, they forgot to turn on the +egg spigot again, didn't they? Why is it that my success at this thing alternates day to day? It's literally alternating good day/bad day/good day/bad day/good day. I did well last time, so today I'm going to get four +eggs out of 300 stamina or some nonsense. Although I got zero in the last seven days of doing mostly alt dungeons and boosted King Of The Gods, so I guess I just don't get +eggs anymore outside of Star Vault period.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #759 on: March 17, 2015, 01:48:55 AM »

True Dragon Realm:

Wow I actually survived 17k per 2 turn on Light Fagan while 5-turn skill binded AND not hit him under 70% since he's ohko me if I do.
For once, I'm NOT heart-trolled AND not screwed by skyfalls, which is pretty refreshing.

Now I've used this team to get past the other two possible waves 5 and the worst case scenario against light fagan where I get skill binded. :D Dark Fagan can be tanked with damage reductions, Fatty required getting lucky which I did. Too bad those other two runs I didn't manage to finish off Zaerog :<

Also thief so good (or indra if you have one), you can use him before Zaerog uses gravity, then take his next 3 moves: gravity, 15k+bind, 23k attack without the need to heal at all :v and to top it off, he wastes a turn re-doing absorb afterwards!

Dragon challenge done :v Managed to clear all four challenges and get lots of Noel dragons. Now that they've exhausted the rushes, what will they do next?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #760 on: March 17, 2015, 02:09:15 AM »
I think I might be able to pull off True Dragon Realm if I can get a +297 U/W ultimate Sun Quan friend. It seems more doable than the other rushes. I'd be banking on luck to not trigger Zaerog's light absorb though.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #761 on: March 17, 2015, 03:46:14 AM »
so Beelzebub hit +99 RCV
which means I have to figure out to whom I should invest my +eggs into next.

I really like the Beelzebae team and would eventually dig seeing that be super hypermax. However, the only -core- members that I use all the time are Byakko (already hypermax), Beelzebub (almost hypermax) and CDD, but CDD doesn't have any TPAs so boosting his attack is really inefficient.

Gryps Rider needs skillups to be any form of permanent member of the team. Also crap HP makes for bad Ceres heal.
Ceres doesn't benefit much because she's incredibly off-color. Boosting her HP and RCV could help other teams, but her individual offense is poor.
Christmas Lilith has poop HP and her double TPAs don't mean much when her base ATK is garbage. High RCV also doesn't help much when Ceres does all the healing.
Hera is a big investment that'll need a lot of time to be as quick as Lilith can be. Big default HP though and one TPA makes ATK investment okay.
Persephone is a huge boon active skill wise but I still don't have enough room for her all the time.

-usually- my Descend team includes Byakko/CDD/Ceres/Hera but for alt. dungeons I roll Byakko/CDD/Lilith/Persephone what do I'm so indecisive

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #762 on: March 17, 2015, 04:06:48 AM »
so Beelzebub hit +99 RCV
which means I have to figure out to whom I should invest my +eggs into next.

I really like the Beelzebae team and would eventually dig seeing that be super hypermax. However, the only -core- members that I use all the time are Byakko (already hypermax), Beelzebub (almost hypermax) and CDD, but CDD doesn't have any TPAs so boosting his attack is really inefficient.

Gryps Rider needs skillups to be any form of permanent member of the team. Also crap HP makes for bad Ceres heal.
Ceres doesn't benefit much because she's incredibly off-color. Boosting her HP and RCV could help other teams, but her individual offense is poor.
Christmas Lilith has poop HP and her double TPAs don't mean much when her base ATK is garbage. High RCV also doesn't help much when Ceres does all the healing.
Hera is a big investment that'll need a lot of time to be as quick as Lilith can be. Big default HP though and one TPA makes ATK investment okay.
Persephone is a huge boon active skill wise but I still don't have enough room for her all the time.

-usually- my Descend team includes Byakko/CDD/Ceres/Hera but for alt. dungeons I roll Byakko/CDD/Lilith/Persephone what do I'm so indecisive

You can always save it until they release more OP stuff. (I've been saving up my HP +eggs for a while and won't be investing them until Bastet's awoken is out because the team might change a lot. I have like 50 saved. lols)

But if you have to make a decision I'd definitely say go for making your descend team better than alt dungeon team. There's no way you need several hypermaxes for alts, but descend will only get harder, but I REALLY don't know about hypermaxing CDDs or Heras...

Ceres has the plus of being a really good lead capable the most difficult dungeons (lv10s), but Persephone also seems to be a good choice because she can be used on almost every other dark/devil team out there and she still has the potential of getting a good branch uevo someday.

I'm leaning towards Ceres so you can have a hypermax dual sub/lead, look into whether you can find more use off persy, or wait till you have a more stable/worthwhile team sub.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:09:14 AM by Thaws »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #763 on: March 17, 2015, 04:45:32 AM »
Yeah, I'm leaning towards Ceres moreso than anyone else but I think hearing someone else's confirmation helped a lot.

Ronia is an option but it's Ronia so it sucks (completely ignoring her high HP and ATK because bias).

Persephone obviously has a use on Byakko's team but dealing with her color requirements while still leaning dark is rough.

I forgot about the random Dill Sirius that I had, being both cool converter and dual TPA but 1) he needs skill ups badly, and 2) ugh why does he have far more RCV than HP.

The thought of a hyper CDD is silly, though aside from Genbu+Pandora I can't think of any other devil orb changers that work as well as Byakko+CDD. I still appreciate the team being mostly non-REM dependent aside from Ceres and Byakko being super critical members at all times.

If I took out Byakko, I can easily justify removing CDD as well to make room for any of the above. I just don't want to ignore the +eggs she already has.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:04:06 AM by Fast Fanatic »

« Reply #764 on: March 17, 2015, 06:31:59 AM »
I got my cheap laugh for today

« Reply #765 on: March 17, 2015, 02:17:28 PM »
maxed d kali with a single SUPER snow globe

best buff ever BV

« Reply #766 on: March 17, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »
I got my cheap laugh for today

only thing you need is kaguya and you'll be blazing 420s all over the place

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #767 on: March 17, 2015, 02:24:22 PM »
Gabriel is so close... Just twelve eggs to go. I might've been able to get pretty close yesterday but I got awful rates and more than my share of RCV eggs.

I finally replaced my broken trashphone, so I may lose some time later when I transfer my service. I don't really know how that works so I don't know what to expect.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #768 on: March 17, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »

My first  +297 how precious.
And now the fun times of evolving stupid chasers gungho pls

Edible

« Reply #769 on: March 17, 2015, 03:47:50 PM »
Hey, that's two more skillups than I have.

« Reply #770 on: March 17, 2015, 03:51:43 PM »
Gabriel is so close... Just twelve eggs to go. I might've been able to get pretty close yesterday but I got awful rates and more than my share of RCV eggs.

I finally replaced my broken trashphone, so I may lose some time later when I transfer my service. I don't really know how that works so I don't know what to expect.

I think Chaore and jq have done transfer a few times, they might know how that goes. I hear it's incredibly painless with gmail though.

triangles

« Reply #771 on: March 17, 2015, 04:14:31 PM »
I did it too back in September they made it really easy with the device transfer codes even if it's not Gmail.

Edible

« Reply #772 on: March 17, 2015, 04:29:58 PM »
A day and a half of nothing but running shadow sprite

Three black fairies (haven't evolved yet), 7 pirates, 0 fuma skillups.

Grinding this shit out is maddening. :|

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #773 on: March 17, 2015, 04:36:06 PM »
Zeus-Dios revisited.

Glad I got this out of the way on Beelzebae's no-stone list. In the cases where I have two turns available, having Persephone followed by Byakko+CDD is a much better composition than using a Hera or something.

I also can't think of any other offensive non-Egypt v2 team that can nonchalantly tank Jupiter Genesis as though it's chip damage. Twice.

Also Awoken Hades but I don't have him. :c
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 04:39:11 PM by Fast Fanatic »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #774 on: March 17, 2015, 04:53:56 PM »
I also can't think of any other offensive non-Egypt v2 team that can nonchalantly tank Jupiter Genesis as though it's chip damage. Twice.

Well, Gabriel maybe (I'd probably need a heartmaker though). But ha ha thanks Gungho for the colossal resistance roadblock that Beezebub doesn't have to deal with or I could just one-shot him. Still going to try later.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #775 on: March 17, 2015, 05:06:14 PM »

My first  +297 how precious.
And now the fun times of evolving stupid chasers gungho pls

Do pys if you can, it's much easier on the sanity

triangles

« Reply #776 on: March 17, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »
Is there a stage that's better for farming or are they all equally low drop?

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #777 on: March 17, 2015, 05:45:05 PM »
Last stage for whatever dungeon is currently dropping them is always the best option, iirc.

According to Chirei it should be about a 1% drop rate overall, so...

« Reply #778 on: March 17, 2015, 05:47:02 PM »
you can also clear challenge 10 for one :V :V :V

actually i wonder if it's actually more stamina efficient to just farm jewels, since you don't have to evolve them and it's a 100% drop rate if they spawn. And I think they improved the spawn rates for mythical since they dont seem to drop on legend anymore.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 05:48:49 PM by Suikama »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #779 on: March 17, 2015, 06:07:34 PM »
Light Jewel doesn't skill up LMeta though :V