Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 139970 times)

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #540 on: March 11, 2015, 10:45:12 AM »
https://twitter.com/Pprk_pad/status/575528951499636737

Paprika discovered the monster for 5 heart orbs connected.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #541 on: March 11, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »
EXP update for NA. Time to feed them snowglobes.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #542 on: March 11, 2015, 12:27:48 PM »
You got a bonus for 700 days consecutive log-ins!

10 Magic Stone(s) acquired.

o/

Edit: I also finally beat legendary earth.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:40:27 PM by Edible »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #543 on: March 11, 2015, 01:10:09 PM »
Not quite - Athena to the rescue! She could down Happo pretty quickly even if I mess up my GZL burst - just gotta combo high.

Really? Wow, fair enough. I never would've thought she could handle five million HP straight up, even with favorable colors. I guess she can tank at least one hit though if you don't one-shot, possibly several if you get a lot of hearts which you should. What do you mean by "combo high" though? I think I'm still bad at prongs and seven-stars (although this would be a good place to practice) and I need to clear this like 80+ times, so I need to have something exceedingly consistent.

Edit: Oh yeah, ultimate Sun Quan get. I can feel the added power already. The time extend has really noticeably boosted my combo numbers, and the extra row hits like a truck. I was pretty surprised the first time that green sub-element hit the Siegfried in Athena when I wasn't expecting to hurt him though.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:16:17 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #544 on: March 11, 2015, 02:07:00 PM »
Really? Wow, fair enough. I never would've thought she could handle five million HP straight up, even with favorable colors. I guess she can tank at least one hit though if you don't one-shot, possibly several if you get a lot of hearts which you should. What do you mean by "combo high" though? I think I'm still bad at prongs and seven-stars (although this would be a good place to practice) and I need to clear this like 80+ times, so I need to have something exceedingly consistent.

7star was not used. I just popped GZL and Athena and tried to fight normally. I somehow managed a 3 combo on tricolor and did less than 30% of the dude's health, so he used Lunch Service. I got a lucky 13 normal combo which did the entire remaining 70%, no enhances or anything. You basically have automatic-7star for the entire dungeon.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #545 on: March 11, 2015, 02:08:04 PM »
My Athena team can oneshot Satan, so I think she can handle a 5 mil dark enemy just fine :p

« Reply #546 on: March 11, 2015, 02:11:39 PM »
Wtf I thought the juggler creep was not supposed to be real

thanks gungho

« Reply #547 on: March 11, 2015, 02:17:20 PM »
Also reminder that the food dragons have resist shields so you'll be doing normal damage - but again this shouldn't matter, just git gud

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #548 on: March 11, 2015, 02:23:07 PM »
Everyone gets a full board change!

Poor Cauchemar. He got rekt.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #549 on: March 11, 2015, 02:28:02 PM »
Man I just realized that I never bothered to finish up Starlight Sanctuary whaaaaa  ??? ??? ??? ???
I'm at 143 stamina and want to crank out my final Sun Quan skillup before they switch the coin dungeons but I doubt I can level up to a cool 150 before it goes away I am good at timing even if I grind out KotG :(

Wtf I thought the juggler creep was not supposed to be real

thanks gungho

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #550 on: March 11, 2015, 02:55:50 PM »
7star was not used. I just popped GZL and Athena and tried to fight normally. I somehow managed a 3 combo on tricolor and did less than 30% of the dude's health, so he used Lunch Service. I got a lucky 13 normal combo which did the entire remaining 70%, no enhances or anything. You basically have automatic-7star for the entire dungeon.

Cool. I'm only now, well over 200 days in, figuring out Gabriel's damage. So I have only a faint understanding of what Athena can and can't do. None of my orbchangers matter in this dungeon though, so I've gotta get new subs. Maybe Athena/Odin/GZL/Ra/Izanami/Athena?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #551 on: March 11, 2015, 03:52:13 PM »
Man I just realized that I never bothered to finish up Starlight Sanctuary whaaaaa  ??? ??? ??? ???
I'm at 143 stamina and want to crank out my final Sun Quan skillup before they switch the coin dungeons but I doubt I can level up to a cool 150 before it goes away I am good at timing even if I grind out KotG :(

Well, I've heard that Gungho likes to use the collab stuff to experiment with things before they put them in the egg machine. It wouldn't surprise me if they were even stronger and they toned them down in light of juggler.  Personally, I'm in the wait in see stage right now. It sounds like there's going to be a lot of changes down the road. They make  great subs. I just wish instead of red and black, green,  blue got stuff. Light got Ilum, he seems pretty cool. Typhon should have been main blue and Zuo main green, even if he takes a giant dump on Cauchemar.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Edible

« Reply #552 on: March 11, 2015, 04:55:32 PM »
They've been pushing light devil pretty hard lately.  I have to admit, I'm pretty interested.

Edit: Ooh, angels 2.0 got translated.  Come to me, godfest!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 04:58:25 PM by Edible »

« Reply #553 on: March 11, 2015, 05:05:15 PM »
Hmm so these new ults juggler like cards have me thinking about what they're going to do for awoken Egyptians

Biggest problem is what the hell are they going to do that doesn't either make them inferior to an existing god or contribute to further creep?

Like increases HP/RCV can't be done without making Egypt 2.0 terrible in comparison. Unless the increase is really minor which would suck.

For increasing just HP or RCV a larger amount, well say Isis got 1.5x to RCV, but then she'd still be a worse Lakshimi cause she now can hit up to 5x just by matching 5 heart orbs while Isis has x4.5 for matching literally every type of orb wtf??? And if it increases HP then she'd still be considered a worse XQ despite being a goddamn awoken ult.

Or you could increase their combo damage, but how? Are you going to make even harder activation conditions than match all atts? But now that Juggler and Juggler-lites exist why should I run leaders that have such difficult activation conditions when I can get even more damage with an easier activation condition, which is also activated for free with an amazing active, and further powered up by amazing awakenings. Oh yea not to mention you have 0 sub restrictions as well while Horus/Isis/Ra are forced to build rainbow.

Like holy fucking shit Gadius might be even STRONGER than Juggler because he has TWO FIRE ROWS and 6x??? PLUS If I pop Uriel then you get a full on Ronia board and you can match triple fire rows and two heart rows for absolutely disgusting damage. ON top of that he has a safe 4x for clearing mobs unlike Juggler.
Oh yeah not to mention the other dudes also have TPA and they can all hit 6x

What the hell is the tradeoff for playing Egypt 1? Less damage, less utility, terrible awakenings, terrible actives, less everything. Also harder to use for less damage like what?

Okay to be fair Juggler 2.0 kind of shits on everything right now, but basically there needs to be really big changes.

imo the best thing they can do is to fuck the meta and carve out some crazy niche for them. Like how Anubis exists in an anti-meta niche for people who are crazy good at puzzling. Maybe they can make everyone anubis/kushi-like and give them x10 upper ends that are ridiculously hard to hit, like match every att twice or something (wait that would be terrible since it would be a 12 combo for 10x damage rofl but yeah obviously gotta tweak the numbers to find a sweetspot). That way they give all the Egypt 1.0 a reason to exist in dealing obscene numbers but only if you're crazy good while everyone else just plays easy mode Juggler 2.0s.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #554 on: March 11, 2015, 05:38:45 PM »
Perspectivize me. How bad is this creep wave relatively? Has this happened before, or is this the creepocalypse?

Edible

« Reply #555 on: March 11, 2015, 05:45:50 PM »
Games like this are always vulnerable to creep.  The jump just happened to be larger than normal this time due to juggler, and it looks like they're attempting to mitigate by making their newer ults stronger than they otherwise would have.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #556 on: March 11, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »
wait what
they took what made Lakshmi good and ruined her compatibility with Noah and Mercury.

wat

« Reply #557 on: March 11, 2015, 06:01:36 PM »
oh yeah rip :V

at least she deals x5, so you have a higher upper end and lower end for damage than andromeda

awakenings are still wack tho

Games like this are always vulnerable to creep.  The jump just happened to be larger than normal this time due to juggler, and it looks like they're attempting to mitigate by making their newer ults stronger than they otherwise would have.
At least with leader skill creep there's still a role for good subs. Like the Hero's leader skills are getting shit on but they still make amazing subs for said OP leaders. Same goes for any full board changer like Ronia/Tri-Chinese/Norns/Kalis, or just orb changers in general. Hell I guess Juggler leaders are technically a big buff to Sticker girls. Also with the red juggler, suddenly the Uriel that's been sitting in my box has gotten a LOT more valuable.

meanwhile egypt 1 has no such luxury because they have terrible awakenings and actives. I guess that's why they're getting awoken evos because that will change both of those things, but by how much?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:07:50 PM by Suikama »

« Reply #558 on: March 11, 2015, 06:40:36 PM »
Cool. I'm only now, well over 200 days in, figuring out Gabriel's damage. So I have only a faint understanding of what Athena can and can't do. None of my orbchangers matter in this dungeon though, so I've gotta get new subs. Maybe Athena/Odin/GZL/Ra/Izanami/Athena?

I think I just padded my stats and threw in my tpa guys and ran in. Actually not too bad unless you get SEDUCED BY THE LORD'S LEEK.

« Reply #560 on: March 11, 2015, 06:55:10 PM »
bring isis :V

but then you get seduced by isis instead. and that's BAD END.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #561 on: March 11, 2015, 07:02:27 PM »
http://blog-imgs-67.fc2.com/m/i/n/minpuzz/IMG_1420_result.png

Kaguya's leaked btw.
AS: cd 4 Spawn 3 green orbs
LS: When a skill is activated, Wood ATK x4.

Looking pretty nice. GREEN HEALER.
I might want one in my bastet for iuno. I think her AS could've been a little better, cd 3 or make 4 orbs instead.

But she provides NEW POSSIBILITY FOR AWOKEN BASTET.
Imagine if Bastet takes her and medjed :O
Healer/Balanced, and look at THOSE AWAKENINGS.
pls

meanwhile egypt 1 has no such luxury because they have terrible awakenings and actives. I guess that's why they're getting awoken evos because that will change both of those things, but by how much?
who are you and what have you done to the isis loving suikama

Ok jokes aside, the only comparable creep was probably when Egypts were buffed to how they were shortly after they were released 2 years ago, where previously super difficult dungeons like Zeus is being crushed by Horus's 16x. It was ok back then because the game was still shaping up, but right now it's affecting ALOT of old characters, but hey, nothing a few balance patches can't fix? It is still pretty bad for the game and they really should be more careful and not let it happen again.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:05:22 PM by Thaws »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #562 on: March 11, 2015, 07:19:00 PM »
>weaker ariel active

okay not entirely cool

this does mean you can just farm four of her and make a self-sustaining team :v

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #563 on: March 11, 2015, 07:32:09 PM »
Heart Kaguya. Will play.

Edit: Athena sub maybe for a green-focused build? Fast orbmaking, the right awakenings, and pretty great stats makes her an interesting option, potentially replacing an orbchanger
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:45:54 PM by commandercool »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #564 on: March 11, 2015, 07:56:28 PM »
Well, with the Hidden Awakening system coming up soonish we will (probably) see some sort of way to deal with the creep, give old guys great hidden awakes and new guys shit hidden awakes, like they did for Horus and Lucifer and their "meta-breaking" friends of the past.

As for the Awoken Egyptians I guess they can do x1,25 HP and RCV + slightly higher multiplier since Athena proves us even a x1,56 multiplier makes a world of difference and it's still lower than Egypt 2.0's x1,82.

« Reply #565 on: March 11, 2015, 08:01:58 PM »
http://blog-imgs-67.fc2.com/m/i/n/minpuzz/IMG_1420_result.png

Kaguya's leaked btw.
AS: cd 4 Spawn 3 green orbs
LS: When a skill is activated, Wood ATK x4.

Looking pretty nice. GREEN HEALER.
I might want one in my bastet for iuno. I think her AS could've been a little better, cd 3 or make 4 orbs instead.

But she provides NEW POSSIBILITY FOR AWOKEN BASTET.
Imagine if Bastet takes her and medjed :O
Healer/Balanced, and look at THOSE AWAKENINGS.
pls
who are you and what have you done to the isis loving suikama

Ok jokes aside, the only comparable creep was probably when Egypts were buffed to how they were shortly after they were released 2 years ago, where previously super difficult dungeons like Zeus is being crushed by Horus's 16x. It was ok back then because the game was still shaping up, but right now it's affecting ALOT of old characters, but hey, nothing a few balance patches can't fix? It is still pretty bad for the game and they really should be more careful and not let it happen again.
haha yeah actually it's funny cause egypt 1 is probably the best measure of power creep in the game

first when they came out they were the power creep, with Horus completely taking a dump on all the current x9 leaders like adk and valk and saying fuck you to luci stall

then a year later power creep meant they were falling out of favor to Kirin and friends so they all got ult evos, but each ult had rather significant drawbacks and poor awakenings to prevent them from being op again

now another year later they've fallen behind again where there are leaders who can hit harder and have perfectly synergistic kits of actives and awoken skills and none of the silly directly imposed drawbacks

it's probably mostly because they were designed to be leaders and terrible subs thanks to awful active skills. So even though power creep happens, many guys like Chinese girls and Ronias won't fall out of favor because they will always be amazing subs, meanwhile egypt 1 are left in the dust
Well at least Isis is super antibind (and thus the best <3), Bastet has good subs and can pull off row or tpa teams, and Ra and Anubis still hit hard enough to clear legend+s.
Horus pretty much got the worst deal because he's so clunky with awakenings and an active that have almost no synergy and garbage RCV. Power creep hurts him more than anyone else because he isn't really good for anything other than a simple x25 activation. And once that becomes trivially easy to achieve then what good is he? He's not a good leader or sub so he's just garbage.

On the other hand I can see why gungho would be reluctant to buff these guys. Way back when you basically just had to roll a good leader and then you were good, because the best subs were usually farmable like Echidna and Hera. Now gungho gets their pockets filled when they release leaders that need specific rem subs which means you need to keep rolling and rolling to get all of the right pieces for the team. However if egypt 1 was still top tier viable then there would be no reason to roll for these other teams. Like 2/4/2 teams existed back then but no one wanted to touch them because they needed a lot of rem subs for not that much power, even though they were fully capable of taking out any descend. So gungho is better off if egypt 1 is kept as low tier. Notice how all the newer combo gods also have specific elemental synergy, like egypt 2.0 only boosts base stats for one color, and Devil bastet was buffed so that she had stronger synergy with green types, all of which needs a lot of rem subs.

Which is why I suspect that egypt 1s will get additional main color synergy. If they do though, then in the case of Isis and Horus it should be really strong, otherwise there's no point in using them over another leader who can hit almost as hard but is not restricted to rainbow and thus can use more powerful board changing subs.
Like if Isis had an additional 1.5x for water types, then she deals 6.75x for matching all orbs, which sounds really strong but it should actually be okay because 1. you're forced to build water rainbow so your subs are very limited. Muse/Orochi/Bodin is pretty much your optimal team so you have to roll a lot to get them which is obviously good for gungho. And 2. you don't get access to full board changers so your burst is still worse than full board change combos or jugglerfriends.
And same deal for Horus who deals a whooping 7.5x but needs to have specific subs like Nim/Rodin/Set (if ult Set is attacker which it likely should be) but again lacks really good board changing options as a result. Actually wait there's Kali since she's half fire.
Okay maybe 1.5x is a bit too much but if it's too little then it's still super meh

Alternatively they might make them into subs but that would take some really big changes to their actives and probably a shitton of TPAs on top of that :V

Also Kaguya looks nice, but I really wish there was a physical water version of her. A farmable low cooldown water orb spawn with those awakenings would be fucking amazing for noniap Isis.
But no Bastet gets all the fun stuff again :<
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:03:58 PM by Suikama »

« Reply #566 on: March 11, 2015, 08:23:01 PM »
Well, with the Hidden Awakening system coming up soonish we will (probably) see some sort of way to deal with the creep, give old guys great hidden awakes and new guys shit hidden awakes, like they did for Horus and Lucifer and their "meta-breaking" friends of the past.

Assuming there are still competent people left of the dev team, this is also my assumption as to why Lakshmi didn't get her awakenings touched at all. We have no idea what bustedness she hides under the new system. Needless to say at this point the reveal better blow the entire playerbase away if this is what they're basing these unexplainably strong new guys on, because right now there's been a lot of uproar about their most recent releases since after Angels2.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #567 on: March 11, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »
Assuming there are still competent people left of the dev team,

this assumes there were any in the first place

« Reply #568 on: March 11, 2015, 08:26:44 PM »
>weaker ariel active

okay not entirely cool

this does mean you can just farm four of her and make a self-sustaining team :v
...I think this team is actually legit? You basically have 4x 100% of the time with pretty much no drawbacks and then your last two subs are for bursting bosses. Plus the fact that you spawn 3 green orbs means you just need at least 1 other green orb on board for constant TPAs. I guess they didn't make it 4 cause they didn't want a farmable monster without some drawback.

Man even 4x is considered trivial now huh. powercreep.gif

On the other hand her dungeon is probably stupidly hard and you do need to max skill 4 of her lol (but someone will still do it of course) Alternatively use max skilled Osiris for the guaranteed TPA

also yomitama
it's active skill is better than the actual yomi's wat

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #569 on: March 11, 2015, 08:32:34 PM »
Also Kaguya looks nice, but I really wish there was a physical water version of her. A farmable low cooldown water orb spawn with those awakenings would be fucking amazing for noniap Isis.
But no Bastet gets all the fun stuff again :<

Wahahahaha :V
10 skillups though. Gonna have to take some time to work on that.
And the dungeon might be annoying to beat. At least no awakenings aren't that devastating to Bastet. Wadatsumi wasn't a problem for her so hopefully this won't too.

Horus was kinda the symbol of PAD in the early days, if anything can raise the morale of PAD, it'd probably be a well-made Awoken Horus. There's many old players out there with hyper horuses sitting in their box.

I think Egypt 1.0s might go with the newer trend of buffs to types like angels 2.0s and HnK stuff, which would make them harder to make teams for than egypts 2.0 but can be stronger.
Imagine Bastet getting Balanced type hp x1.35, Healer type rcv x1.35, that'd be fun :V
but tbh, I'd settle for just a better active since green has liu bei for burst and the most number of damage reduction already so no hp boosts aren't the end of the world for me I guess. A good active for bastet would be fun because she has potential to make a Bastet system kind of thing if she gets a good effect.

What if they made awoken bastet AS 2cd with 1 turn full-attack + some minor effect so she becomes Kaguya best subs. :V lawl

Assuming there are still competent people left of the dev team, this is also my assumption as to why Lakshmi didn't get her awakenings touched at all. We have no idea what bustedness she hides under the new system. Needless to say at this point the reveal better blow the entire playerbase away if this is what they're basing these unexplainably strong new guys on, because right now there's been a lot of uproar about their most recent releases since after Angels2.

I don't have a Lakshmi but I've been theorycrafting a team with my box if I got her.
Lakshmi/ I&I,Andro,Andro, (Baggi OR Gabriel) / Lakshmi

assuming two hypers on the team, it'd have around 21k hp, 9 rows awakenings.
1 row+5c total would deal almost 2mil. 2 rows + 4c total + I&I active would deal over 6mil easily.
Lots of heart maker and ridiculous base recovery (6k~7k with the leader skill boost), and technically 30% increase in HP/RCV if I use BaggiNeko.
Doesn't sound bad AT ALL, but this is mostly the subs being good rather than Lakshmi herself being OP.