Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 139914 times)

Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #390 on: March 05, 2015, 06:44:31 PM »
So I just had a glitch where the enemy turn ended and a dark orb near the corner of the board suddenly warped to where my finger was and caused me to skip a turn instantly, resulting in 50 stamina gone. The strangest part about it was that nothing else moved as a result of this and it happened in about a split second. I guess I can't complain given the stupid good runs I had with the other two clears but I'll be damned if I ever heard about this bug before.

« Reply #391 on: March 05, 2015, 07:01:25 PM »
It might be more of a glitch with your phone rather than the game

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #392 on: March 05, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »
That reminds me of a weird thing that happened to me, I think a couple weeks ago.  I was getting ready to move an orb, and I swear I saw a diagonal of like 3 or 4 orbs just shift one column over.  I don't know whether it really happened at this point, but I could swear it did.  Freaky.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

« Reply #393 on: March 05, 2015, 07:55:55 PM »
So I just had a glitch where the enemy turn ended and a dark orb near the corner of the board suddenly warped to where my finger was and caused me to skip a turn instantly, resulting in 50 stamina gone. The strangest part about it was that nothing else moved as a result of this and it happened in about a split second. I guess I can't complain given the stupid good runs I had with the other two clears but I'll be damned if I ever heard about this bug before.

Do you mean this?

« Reply #394 on: March 05, 2015, 07:56:37 PM »
It might be more of a glitch with your phone rather than the game

It might, which worries me. I don't have the money to replace my phone, yet I have no idea how an orb is physically able to warp across the screen like that. Either way, I hope it doesn't happen again.

Do you mean this?

This is exactly what happened. I have no idea how.

« Reply #395 on: March 05, 2015, 07:59:41 PM »
oh that glitch

you can do it on purpose by trying to move an orb at a certain time in between turns

sometimes i do it on purpose when farming weak dungeons like thursdays :V

« Reply #396 on: March 05, 2015, 08:14:13 PM »
oh that glitch

you can do it on purpose by trying to move an orb at a certain time in between turns

Well, I needed 3 tries to get the screenshot right  :V (was able to get the glitch 3 times though)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 08:18:52 PM by Dorakyura »

« Reply #397 on: March 05, 2015, 08:18:50 PM »
oh that glitch

So basically to prevent this from happening again I just have to keep my fingers off the screen until it's my turn again?

« Reply #398 on: March 05, 2015, 08:40:22 PM »
So basically to prevent this from happening again I just have to keep my fingers off the screen until it's my turn again?
pretty much

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #399 on: March 05, 2015, 08:51:10 PM »
well Zhao Yun is a really frustrating descend
After getting past Samurai Dragon without its gravity going off, I proceed to trigger GZL's gtfo attack because two dark TPAs fell in a skyfall while my skillbind was still up.
Thanks, game.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #400 on: March 05, 2015, 09:32:05 PM »
Meanwhile I get dark skyfall'ed with my GZL team and revive the divinegon as he kills me.

I'm just glad mini gzl seems to be a guaranteed drop even on legend otherwise I wouldn't even be running this thing.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #401 on: March 05, 2015, 10:36:17 PM »
Meanwhile I get dark skyfall'ed with my GZL team and revive the divinegon as he kills me.

I'm just glad mini gzl seems to be a guaranteed drop even on legend otherwise I wouldn't even be running this thing.

Is the droprate 100%? Wow, I missed the bus yet again. Been wracking my brain all day trying to figure out a reliable way to clear Mythical, but that works too. I want the stone, but I really want the skillups.

I think I do need to get around to nakibg a Horus team after all just for times like this. Zhao Yun himself is Gabe's literal worst enemy. But Horus may be able to shred him. And witb Awoken Horus probably pending I should get my subs in order.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #402 on: March 05, 2015, 10:48:04 PM »
There has not been a single run of Zhao Yun Legend so far that has not given me a mini gzl drop. So I'd say it's guaranteed.

Course, my sample size is small, so...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #403 on: March 05, 2015, 10:53:56 PM »
My sample size of one so far yielded the same results. I'll add a couple more to the pool later.

« Reply #404 on: March 05, 2015, 11:28:14 PM »

Uhhhhhhh no. Just going to debunk this right now so people don't get their hopes up.

Legend - 40%
Mythical - 80%

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #405 on: March 05, 2015, 11:30:47 PM »
Ouch, not even 100% Mythical? That's rough.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #406 on: March 05, 2015, 11:40:02 PM »
Uhhhhhhh no. Just going to debunk this right now so people don't get their hopes up.

Legend - 40%
Mythical - 80%
There has not been a single run of Zhao Yun Legend so far that has not given me a mini gzl drop. So I'd say it's guaranteed.

Course, my sample size is small, so...
:derp:

« Reply #407 on: March 05, 2015, 11:44:32 PM »
Ouch, not even 100% Mythical? That's rough.

I can at least confirm this one because I have gotten past tiny GZL on Mythical once and he did not drop an egg.

:derp:

If I had a dollar for every person that scrolled down a page and saw something like "100% rate" without reading the disclaimers right below, I'd be insanely rich. People often stop once they see what they want to see.

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #408 on: March 05, 2015, 11:49:25 PM »
Fair enough. I'll leave my disclaimers at the top then :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #409 on: March 06, 2015, 01:47:21 AM »
My twinlits team has achieved some semblance of actual consistency now which is really good cause now I can farm Angelits at will.

Here is my recipe for beating it:

Wave 1 - Pop Hanzo, one-shot wave 1
Wave 2 - Stall 1 turn, then pop Lilith, kill
Wave 3 - Pop Black Mage, kill Dublits, if any guys are binded, wait out the binds then kill TAMADRA Baby
Wave 4 - Get hit by Angelit, then Hakuhanzo one-shot

Out of 11 runs I got 9 Angelits and 2 Devilits, that is to say I'm ready to attempt max-skilling my LKali :VVV

EDIT: 0/8 Lkali during x2.5 skillup rate :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 03:13:15 AM by tranceHiME »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #410 on: March 06, 2015, 03:57:55 AM »
Turns out I can reliably beat Wadatsumi with Gabriel after all. I just need to use Beyzul on the Leviathan and be careful not to accidentally kill it too fast so I can swap back in time to tank hits from UmiYama. It takes some careful skill management, but it's totally doable. Now I can't remember why I had such a hard time the first time I beat it on Mythical. Maybe I accidentally swept the first floor too fast and didn't have Beyzul up in time or something. Weird.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #411 on: March 06, 2015, 04:08:39 AM »

Out of 11 runs I got 9 Angelits and 2 Devilits, that is to say I'm ready to attempt max-skilling my LKali :VVV

EDIT: 0/8 Lkali during x2.5 skillup rate :colonveeplusalpha:

The angel:devil lit ratio balances out...!

oh..
I know that feel ;-; 2.5x never works

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #412 on: March 06, 2015, 05:32:03 AM »
The only challenge dungeon left that I think I stand a chance at (which is to say, not the 99 stamina rushes) is Mephistopheles. I miiight be able to pull that off with Athena or Kali, but I don't know if I'm going to bother to try. I don't really want the Badpy right now (that could change at any time obviously) and I've never done it before. Last time I evaluated it I was convinced it was impossible with Kali because I didn't understand the absorb shield mechanic, but now that I know how it works I can get past Lucifer. I guess I need to take a good luck at it and decide if I can do it.

« Reply #413 on: March 06, 2015, 05:57:29 AM »
The only challenge dungeon left that I think I stand a chance at (which is to say, not the 99 stamina rushes) is Mephistopheles. I miiight be able to pull that off with Athena or Kali, but I don't know if I'm going to bother to try. I don't really want the Badpy right now (that could change at any time obviously) and I've never done it before. Last time I evaluated it I was convinced it was impossible with Kali because I didn't understand the absorb shield mechanic, but now that I know how it works I can get past Lucifer. I guess I need to take a good luck at it and decide if I can do it.

I don't see any absorb shields here? Though I hope you also have a way to get past the light bind.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #414 on: March 06, 2015, 06:00:37 AM »

I posted a pic here of me beating Mephisto with a LKali team so you can definitely do it. Also nothing there has any absorb shields as Chirei said. Anyway with LKali it IS possible but you need to have some way of dealing with CDD's Light bind. How I did it was having LMeta + DMeta in the same team. Since the dungeon is No RCV you can't clear binds using hearts. So you must use LMeta's active to clear 2 binds, then use DMeta's shield to tank CDD's attack, then wait out the last turn of bind. Then kill either with your natural board or use LKali active if you are scared. Having DMeta as your only Dark sub gives you the added bonus of not being potentially wrecked by Luci's Jammer pre-empt because he'll use his Dark bind instead, which should fail horribly.

Sadly it doesn't look like you have Dmeta, so let me come up with something else.

Also I did another round of Twinlits during lunch and got 2/3 skillups this time, so now my LKali is at SLvl5. Hooray!

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:00:49 AM by tranceHiME »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #415 on: March 06, 2015, 06:04:27 AM »
I don't see any absorb shields here? Though I hope you also have a way to get past the light bind.

Oops, I read Lucifer's dark bind as dark absorb. That's a little more problematic, but I might be able to get around it with a bind-resistant dark sub or just Echidna.

My plan for the light bind was to bring Ruka, but if I need to bring Echidna for Lucifer as well I may need to lose an entire Kali, and that's not great.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2015, 06:14:27 AM »
My plan for the light bind was to bring Ruka, but if I need to bring Echidna for Lucifer as well I may need to lose an entire Kali, and that's not great.

Having just your leader and friend leader Kalis should be plentiful enough as it is for this dungeon, I think it's worth the sacrifice to have more utility for Mephisto, his dungeon is somewhat troublesome. It's No-RCV so you won't experience much unneeded orb density as there's no hearts.

EDIT:

20:14:07  trancehime: BunnyDragonJesus: Izanami Descend showed up and it was 27mins away from disappearing so I did it and got DIzanami so now I have 2 days to farm dark bowl dragons to maxskill her
20:14:20  BunnyDragonJesus: trance: welcome to die
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 12:24:56 PM by tranceHiME »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #417 on: March 06, 2015, 03:20:10 PM »
At this point I think my best bet for Mephisto is a Kali healer build with a Metatron friend. Maybe Kali/Kali/Sun Quan/Echidna/Durga?/WMeta. Not sure if that actually makes sense or not, will look more closely later.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #418 on: March 06, 2015, 04:24:12 PM »
I'm back yay! My precious waifus have returned to me

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #419 on: March 06, 2015, 04:34:21 PM »
I'm back yay! My precious waifus have returned to me
They get a lot of flak for content(which they probably get little to no say over anyway having to answer to the JP overlords), but GungHo takes care of their players in my experience. Glad to hear you're back up and running!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!