Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 139987 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #330 on: March 05, 2015, 12:47:06 AM »
and for subs you're limited in some ways since you can't use ronia or chinese girls cause no heart orbs
Karin>Amberjack for 2:1 blue:heal ratio and still full physical typing? Bonia>Hatsume>2xLakshmi for 4:1 ratio?
Who cares about awoken skills when you have a 20.25x multiplier and 80% of the board is your main attribute?

albeit pulling Bonia and Hatsume is difficult, it's something you should consider if you ever pull both Karin and Lakshmi.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #331 on: March 05, 2015, 12:51:05 AM »
albeit pulling Bonia and Hatsume is difficult, it's something you should consider if you ever pull both Karin and Lakshmi.

> has both Karin and Lakshmi
> Has no Sonias nor ninjas.

:fail:

Also, I assume there's been no news regarding the egyptian god uvos, right?

« Reply #332 on: March 05, 2015, 01:02:20 AM »
Also, I assume there's been no news regarding the egyptian god uvos, right?
not yet, but i am both extremely excited and scared for it

gungho pls

make isis top tier

pls

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #333 on: March 05, 2015, 01:05:06 AM »
not yet, but i am both extremely excited and scared for it

gungho pls

make isis top tier

pls

Well look at the bright side, they can't make her worse unless they decide to remove the other two uvos.

...I'm gonna be really sad if Horus loses his attacker type on the awoken, though. :(

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #334 on: March 05, 2015, 01:12:03 AM »
> has both Karin and Lakshmi
Lakshmi/Lakshmi leads
Noah
Karin
Amberjack
King Bubbly

There you go kill everything

« Reply #335 on: March 05, 2015, 01:17:34 AM »
if he does lost it it would be because he gets something else though like heart or something

most likely though everyone is just gonna lose god for devil

especially for Isis and Horus since they don't have dark variants while all of the other Egyptians do

hmm, i wonder if this means awoken bastet will be G/G?

ultimate always have different types/subtypes from each other right? I cant remember if there's any monster who has ultimate that are the same types as each other

also i have no idea what they'll do for Ra and Anubis. i guess probably leave them for later like how venus and hades had to wait

Lakshmi/Lakshmi leads
Noah
Karin
Amberjack
King Bubbly

There you go kill everything
hmm i wonder how much the damage actually is though because you don't have much for rows and you don't have an orb enhancer to take advantage of all the +orb awakenings

probably still hits way harder than Isis at least >_>

bluh i just realized if Isis is made to be Blue/Dark Water/Physical then she's in a really awkward spot for subs.
Like Muse doesn't work anymore, and now you need to cover light.
Before Bodin covered B/D perfectly but if Isis takes that spot there's no really good B/L subs.
There's Reine who isn't Physical or Devil, and there's Aquaman who is limited to dc collab, Amon who is a shitty bodin, Hermes who kills 2 colors, and some farmable crap.
Isis was already pretty pigeonholed when it comes to optimal subs and only very recently did she finally have an optimal team with bodin, orochi, muse, but the awoken uevo could ruin that

now if they changed her to devil/healer then hoooly shit

gungho pls

let isis join the healer master race pls

basically then you just load up with SQs

I've always run Echidna + Bubblie because delay + damage up works best with Isis

Isis, Reine, Green SQ, Light SQ, and then final sub is anything. like L Kali for the full color board, or like anything really

only problem is SQ's awakening are a bit awkward because of all the rows buh eh it's not like it hurts to have them
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:48:43 AM by Suikama »

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #336 on: March 05, 2015, 01:47:47 AM »
tbh I doubt they'll give him hearts, although I would love it if that happened Horus would be really intruding into Isis territory at that point (as well as DQXQ)

also Awoken Venus is both Devil (same subtype as L/D) and healer (same subtype as L/L), they always inherit the typing of their evo mats, which would mean that whatever egyptian god gets either sopdet or thoth as their evo mats will have a god typing (since that's literally everything they have)

which is why I'm kind of concerned for Horus, since unless they pull a kagutsuchi on him and makes him either F/F (which would be stupid because ~*~RAINBOW LEADER~*~) or F/L (possible but I somehow find that unlikely) they'll have to make him either F/B(Which is okay I guess since there aren't that many good blue attackers right now) F/G(I don't know how good or bad this would be but the sheer thought of it just makes my mind go :wat:) or F/D(most likely, which means they could use either sopdet or thoth as his evo mats which would push one of his types to be god, which lowers the chances of him being attacker type)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 01:54:25 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

« Reply #337 on: March 05, 2015, 01:50:12 AM »
tbh I doubt they'll give him hearts, although I would love it if that happened Horus would be really intruding into Isis territory at that point (as well as DQXQ)

also Awoken Venus is both Devil (same subtype as L/D) and healer (same subtype as L/L), they always inherit the typing of their evo mats, which would mean that whatever egyptian god gets either sopdet or thoth as their evo mats will have a god typing (since that's literally everything they have)
huh good point

research time then :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #338 on: March 05, 2015, 01:50:28 AM »
Well, I did it. I beat Izanami.

What it took was for Sun Quan's blind resist to go off (forgot he even had that) so that I could split my burst over two turns rather than trying to do it in one. I used Gabe/Ruka/Reine/Sun Quan/Siren/Metatron. Once the ogres were dead (and the dark one very nearly killed me as well due to orbtrolling after the white one died combined with my much lower than usual health) it was smooth sailing from there out. Got my second Izanami, got my Bubpy, got my validation, got my revenge. Now I have to decide if I want to go through a similar nightmare with Wadatsumi. I do not think I do.

I don't even want to think about how much stamina this cost me, but it was at least 500.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #339 on: March 05, 2015, 01:54:28 AM »

which is why I'm kind of concerned for Horus, since unless they pull a kagutsuchi on him and makes him either F/F (which would be stupid because ~*~RAINBOW LEADER~*~) or F/L (possible but I somehow find that unlikely) they'll have to make him either F/B(Which is okay I guess since there aren't that many good blue attackers right now) F/G(I don't know how good or bad this would be but the sheer thought of it just makes my mind go :wat:) or F/D(most likely, which means they could use either sopdet or thoth as his evo mats which would push one of his types to be god)
i checked the descends list and noticed you forgot one guy

medjed

with medjed, balanced F/G Horus and B/G Isis is possible

which would be uh

water balanced isn't even a thing is it

hell anything balanced is barely a thing aside from green

balanced is probably the most neglected subtype in the game :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #340 on: March 05, 2015, 01:54:48 AM »
We're discussing pad in general not your personal monster box

And I'm throwing out existing alternatives regardless or not anybody may or may not have them, jesus christ. I'm just saying that Lakshmi is horrendously underwhelming compared to Parvati, and Lakshmi needed the buff more lmao Like, Awoken Parvati is really damn solid no matter how you look at it, even her AS is a direct upgrade to her regular AS, her awakenings have a clear plan in mind (be unbindable with great offensive boosters and a very strong supportive AS)

Meanwhile Lakshmi's awakenings are all over the place, she lost like 400+ RCV (600+ if you consider the Healer ult) so in order to make up for the RCV deficit you need to cover it either with plus eggs or other subs. Which fortunately if you plan to run a Blue Physical team BOdin can luckily make up for that but you need to actually own one of those things. And even if you hype the fact her AS is 8cd max-skilled and try to argue that 3 hearts is going to be useful for anything I'm just going to point to the fact that in no-RCV dungeons those 3 hearts are only going to have a substantial effect on healing if you are having high RCV subs. So at the very best that AS is gonna be a panic button which is what the original AS basically was anyway. Except now you don't have any damage boosting to your orbs.

Anyway, with that out of the way...

I'm going to try Twinlits tomorrow with this team. I'll go ahead and see how it goes.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2015, 01:58:18 AM »
i swear gungho if you do something stupid like make Isis B/G balanced you better buff her leader skill to something like x10 for all att + two hearts so that she can hit hard without needing boosters

or elseee

oh wow there literally isn't an SINGLE Blue/Dark healer monster IN THE ENTIRE GAME

looks like a niche that could be filled

by a certain best girl

wink wink nudge nudge cough cough

oh wait there's no B/R healer either

maybe this won't work that well

...eh there's always echidna
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:02:51 AM by Suikama »

« Reply #342 on: March 05, 2015, 02:04:24 AM »
Well, I did it. I beat Izanami.

What it took was for Sun Quan's blind resist to go off (forgot he even had that) so that I could split my burst over two turns rather than trying to do it in one. I used Gabe/Ruka/Reine/Sun Quan/Siren/Metatron. Once the ogres were dead (and the dark one very nearly killed me as well due to orbtrolling after the white one died combined with my much lower than usual health) it was smooth sailing from there out. Got my second Izanami, got my Bubpy, got my validation, got my revenge. Now I have to decide if I want to go through a similar nightmare with Wadatsumi. I do not think I do.

I don't even want to think about how much stamina this cost me, but it was at least 500.

Wada's pretty tough. You should probably take a well-deserved break for now.

Also wow you were trying to burst them down in one turn? Usually I just try to muscle through the blind because I KNOW I can't do it in two even with my team unless  I get lucky.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #343 on: March 05, 2015, 02:05:28 AM »
oh wait there's no B/R healer either

Nym is the only Healer in the entire game with blue and red colors and she's R/B. Too bad!

EDIT:

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/573305166033641472
UVO DQXQ --> Xiao Qiao
L/B

AS = Same
LS = When matching 4 colors (3 colors + Heart), ATK goes up (x4)
When matching 5 colors + Heart, ATK goes up by x5
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:15:18 AM by tranceHiME »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #344 on: March 05, 2015, 02:26:13 AM »
Wada's pretty tough. You should probably take a well-deserved break for now.

Also wow you were trying to burst them down in one turn? Usually I just try to muscle through the blind because I KNOW I can't do it in two even with my team unless  I get lucky.

Yeah, I never learned how to deal with blindness. It almost never matters because I can usually shake it off manually with minimal trouble. That might be a real problem once I get into using Kali a lot.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #345 on: March 05, 2015, 02:27:00 AM »
And I'm throwing out existing alternatives regardless or not anybody may or may not have them, jesus christ.

But that adds nothing to the conversation.  I think you're just saying things to argue for no reason.

Your original complaint was that she lost water orb enhance

Then you responded and said that you'd rather use a heartmaker, which ... also tend not to have orb enhances attached

Then you quoted something else and said you don't need to worry about jammers because you have wee jas

And now you're trying to convince someone that parvati's better, which I always agreed with in the first place

If you're going to have a conversation with someone about something, please actually stay on topic instead of just making random points for no reason.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #346 on: March 05, 2015, 02:27:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/573308071843250176

Da Qiao UVO
Dragon/Healer
New Awakenings:
2 Light Rows
Finger
Skill Boost
Bind Recover
TPA
Skill Bind Resist

If you're going to have a conversation with someone about something, please actually stay on topic instead of just making random points for no reason.

whatever, i'm done

« Reply #347 on: March 05, 2015, 02:29:15 AM »
LS = When matching 4 colors (3 colors + Heart), ATK goes up (x4)
When matching 5 colors + Heart, ATK goes up by x5
so does this mean she skips being able to deal x4.5 for 5 colors?

i guess that's fair cause otherwise wow would she shit on isis. matching 5 colors with hearts included is actually really easy (compared to matching all 6) and has like a 96% activation rate on random boards or something like that which would of made her way better than Isis

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/573308071843250176

Da Qiao UVO
Dragon/Healer
New Awakenings:
2 Light Rows
Finger
Skill Boost
Bind Recover
TPA
Skill Bind Resist
well so much for dual sister synergy :V

jesus with this and awoken venus light healers have no problems getting rows anymore

pretty good for wukong too even if he is physical (you dont need boosters for heros anyways)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 02:31:12 AM by Suikama »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #348 on: March 05, 2015, 02:30:20 AM »
so does this mean she skips being able to deal x4.5 for 5 colors?

i guess that's fair cause otherwise wow would she shit on isis. matching 5 colors with hearts included is actually really easy (compared to matching all 6) and has like a 96% activation rate on random boards or something like that which would of made her way better than Isis
well so much for dual sister synergy :V

No, she would deal x4.5 for 5 colors. The mechanics is the same as with Goku, except Goku's multipliers are lower than DQ's

« Reply #349 on: March 05, 2015, 02:31:33 AM »
welp gungho pls hurry with that isis buff

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

« Reply #351 on: March 05, 2015, 02:33:52 AM »
roniagasm

sorry chaore

it just wasnt meant to be

Mr. Sacchi

« Reply #352 on: March 05, 2015, 02:36:27 AM »
Well that pretty much confirms he ain't getting a second uvo, since he has the bonus awakenings and is still God/Devil.

Oh, and he's now unbindable, because the extra row and extra skillboost wasn't fucking enough right gungho.

Jesus christ.

« Reply #353 on: March 05, 2015, 02:39:51 AM »
if there's anyone who should be op in this game it should be lu bu

cause it's fuckin lu bu

like they should just swap his leader skill with juggler and make him the one true destroyer of worlds :V

also oh boy that attack buff now he's got the second highest attack in the game behind mr always on top Ares

haha even his subtype is red

they should just rename ronia to red hare at this point

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #354 on: March 05, 2015, 02:40:11 AM »
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/573309403627061248

lol

Huh. Well, as that goes that doesn't seem too bad. I don't play Ronia, but isn't the bind immunity semi-useless for her since she has a metric asston of Recover Binds and your survivability still tanks if she gets bound but he doesn't? It's still pretty useful in general, but it seems like it's a lot less useful for Ronia specifically than basically anything else he was likely to get. Makes Lu Bu/Lu Bu pretty attractive for some dungeons, anyway.

Well that pretty much confirms he ain't getting a second uvo, since he has the bonus awakenings and is still God/Devil.

Oh yeah fair enough. Huh. I assume that means the leader skill on this one is the same? It is as far as I can read, but that's three characters, so anything could be going on in those mystery letters.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #355 on: March 05, 2015, 02:42:47 AM »

ahahahahaha

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #356 on: March 05, 2015, 02:43:10 AM »
Xiao Qiao: x4.5 for 5 orb colors, x5 for 6 orb colors
DQXQ's Active: Removes Dark and Fire orbs from the board

...  ::)

well played!

« Reply #357 on: March 05, 2015, 02:45:21 AM »
oh i forgot about xq's active rofl nevermind

dq it is then for best sister

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #358 on: March 05, 2015, 02:50:24 AM »
Nope D/R Lu Bu still has a lower combined Dark Attack than Beelzebub with D/D so Beelzebae is still the hardest hitter for Dark[/denial]

Also Beelzebub has a RCV stat :V

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #359 on: March 05, 2015, 02:52:46 AM »
Nope D/R Lu Bu still has a lower combined Dark Attack than Beelzebub with D/D so Beelzebae is still the hardest hitter for Dark[/denial]

Also Beelzebub has a RCV stat :V

lu bu probably doesn't require all of the jewels to get though. maybe just one or two of them. :v