Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 140004 times)

Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2015, 10:54:24 PM »

SCREW THE RULES I STILL HAVE HP

WHEN YOU HIT US WE JUST GET BACK UP AGAIN

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2015, 11:10:36 PM »
I guess the first question I should ask: What answers do you have for Hades? I don't know what you use as big burst in your box, since everyone uses stuff differently.

I don't know. I guess GZL, Sun Quan, King Shynee, and Durga are all things I've used in the past that could qualify. With some teams I can stall up for them, other teams maybe not as easily. Do you think bringing a light team (probably Kali but maybe Athena) and trying to stall out the light absorb on Beorc is plausible? If I just bring a strong light team I can probably smash him without any skills.

For the record, I want that Shynpy and am willing to take a few tries at this if necessary. If it's a matter of running a team with a 40-60% lock resist and just re-trying until it works I have no problem with that. This does not need to be a stable team, just one that's technically capable of clearing out of a few tries.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2015, 11:21:46 PM »
So... Horus, GZL or LMeta for Cauchemar? I'm gonna spend as much time as I can doing Poring Tower to see if I can skillup my chibi valk but after that I intend to do all descends at least until Satan (Since I need the flampys for the inevitable Awoken Horus)

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2015, 11:49:26 PM »
For the record, I want that Shynpy and am willing to take a few tries at this if necessary. If it's a matter of running a team with a 40-60% lock resist and just re-trying until it works I have no problem with that. This does not need to be a stable team, just one that's technically capable of clearing out of a few tries.

If you're willing to do that, then you can probably stall out photosynthesis. Just be ready to take on the occasional getting tied up which may or may not need heartmakers to survive. I wonder if slotting Gabe onto LKali would be okay? Also she may rarely hit you with her normal attack, which for some reason hits disproportionately harder than her other moves despite just being a normal attack.

Athena I think has no chance unless you get silly lucky. You'll probably get trashed by Beorc, and getting high RCV on her team is an issue.

« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2015, 11:50:22 PM »

Screwing the rules because I have HP worked about as well as expected. Only trouble spot was wave 2 because I killed wave 1 a few turns earlier than I wanted to, but luckily only two of the cyclops were synced.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2015, 12:27:51 AM »
If you're willing to do that, then you can probably stall out photosynthesis. Just be ready to take on the occasional getting tied up which may or may not need heartmakers to survive. I wonder if slotting Gabe onto LKali would be okay? Also she may rarely hit you with her normal attack, which for some reason hits disproportionately harder than her other moves despite just being a normal attack.

Athena I think has no chance unless you get silly lucky. You'll probably get trashed by Beorc, and getting high RCV on her team is an issue.

Yup, sounds about like my thoughts so far. I got this:

Lkali/Lkali or Echidna/Gabriel/Sun Quan/Durga/Lkali

Not sure how many Kalis is enough. Having Echidna would help for stalling against Beorc, but still might not be enough stall and I don't know if I would be able to kill anything with just two of them as my only white subs. This is going to be tough.

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2015, 12:35:19 AM »
Yup, sounds about like my thoughts so far. I got this:

Lkali/Lkali or Echidna/Gabriel/Sun Quan/Durga/Lkali

Not sure how many Kalis is enough. Having Echidna would help for stalling against Beorc, but still might not be enough stall and I don't know if I would be able to kill anything with just two of them as my only white subs. This is going to be tough.

It's not gonna be easy either way - but you have one reprieve. Since Kalis are most of your damage, you can throw all caution to the wind and match as much of the board as possible per turn and try to maximize heart drops while Gabe is down/you're not ready to use him yet. This is a problem I ran into in Izanami with Leilan, but not having it affect you will be a great boon.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2015, 02:48:05 AM »
What kind of odds do you think GZL has in Hera-Beorc? I don't have enough subs leveled really, but I could do GZL/Athena/Rose/Chu (severely underleveled)/Meimei/GZL. No idea if that even has a chance, but the dungeon does have pre-emptives to knock my health down and potentially enough turns to let me get up all my attacks. I could sub out something for Satan or Echidna too.

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2015, 02:57:02 AM »
I don't know what his output is like since I haven't led with him too much, but you'd pretty much need to be able to just run through Hades before your health fills back up, and you might as well try to make it SB resistant so you can actually use the attacker boost for Beorc.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2015, 03:43:07 AM »
Well shit, it actually worked. Took two tries, but I got her with GZL/Athena/Valkyrie/Meimei/Echidna/GZL. I'd take a picture but my phone is broken and can't screencap any more.

First run I got an unfortunate heart skyfall against Hades and had to blow every skill to kill him before he got me. My skill lock resists protected me against Leviathan, I didn't have much trouble with him, then I died to Beorc one turn before my seven-star was back up.

Second run I used the seven-star and a GZL active first-turn against Hades to one-shot him. My skill lock resists worked again, and I entered Beorc with Echidna up and two turns before Meimei was back up. Used Echidna, stalled for the seven-star, and dropped Beorc down to ~20%, then just barely squeaked out killing her the following turn.

That was rough, I could have and probably should have died at a couple of points in both runs. Needless to say, Kali skillmax. That was my first ever Beorc clear, and I jumped straight to mythical.

Next up is Hera-Sowilo, which I know I can clear. Then I'm cleaning up a few of the lower difficulties, then probably Izanami (which won't be easy, but is very possible with Kali and I need both the Pii and a second black Izanami). And if I'm feeling really masochistic I might round things off with Wadatsumi. I may try Athena against him. Now that I have Odin to help mitigate Siren's pre-emptive gravity with his active I think I have a shot.

« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2015, 04:07:20 AM »
And if I'm feeling really masochistic I might round things off with Wadatsumi. I may try Athena against him. Now that I have Odin to help mitigate Siren's pre-emptive gravity with his active I think I have a shot.

Remember that Wadatsumi bars the use of all Awakenings, so your TPAs are all gone and you're just playing regular 'ol 9x. UmiYama may also survive if you try to burst past them due to friend Athenas having a green subelement, and then you'll probably instantly die unless your team is really beefed up with the HP boost. On top of that Wada also hits like a truck, and even with the heartmake attack, you'll probably lose out in a slugfest with Athena.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2015, 04:26:06 AM »
Oh I know it. I've cleared Wadatsumi before with Gabriel, I'm aware of how shitty he is. I'm keeping the awakenings thing well in mind, because if not for that clearing him would be easy.

Against UmiYama I just have to hope I get lucky and can get a big hit off on them without any green skyfalls. I'm actually not that worried about Wadatsumi himself if I can get that far with a few of my skills up (most my seven-star, which I don't think would be necessary or useful against much else) because my Athena team has a lot of green that's super effective against him and his HP is extremely low. Maybe I'm overestimating how much damage my team does without prongs, but I think I stand a chance. The highest variability comes on UmiYama I think (although I can comfortably take one hit from them at fill health) because of the skyfall problem, but again I don't mind trying a few times.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2015, 06:12:22 AM »
Japan Player Choice GodFest!

How many gods I am missing from the lineup: 21

https://twitter.com/trancehime/status/571552495861821440

How many gods I am missing from the lineup after the pulls: 21

:qq: :qq: :qq:

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2015, 06:47:13 AM »

SCREW THE RUL--actually no keep following the rules it's the only reason I'm alive here

Seriously, you'd think if the player's one hit away from death they'd do that hit instead of putting up a status shield. :V

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2015, 07:03:02 AM »
Even if i have plenty of spare stones when doing a 20 box challenge;

Things I already fed off: Sylph, Grimrock, Genie

Of course the only god I roll would be a Hathor. Has no use as a dupe unlike LKali except as a stat stick.

A solid PCGF.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2015, 07:04:22 AM »

Seriously, you'd think if the player's one hit away from death they'd do that hit instead of putting up a status shield. :V

You know in some descends, some enemy do attack you on their pre-empt at a certain chance instead of doing their darken/poison/whatevergimmick if your hp is 1-shot-able :V

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2015, 08:04:48 AM »
Rolled hoping for any Indian 1.0 or 2.0 that isn't Vritra.

Hello, Skuld the 2nd.

I guess I have a blue fruit outlet since apparently I'm meant to be trapped in trifruit hell forever.

« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2015, 08:12:18 AM »
Woke up right at 3AM and did two bathroom pulls.

Both of them I really really really wanted for a long time. I am really happy right now that I get to save 47 stones. Bathroom mega OP

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2015, 08:42:57 AM »
Kosuke theorycrafts on Norns (Video #1)

This is the first part of a series on the Norns which introduces them and basic teambuilding ideas to incorporate if you own one of these timely beauties.

1. You may want to include at least one enhance. Examples:
Norse Gods for color enhance (Freyr / Freyja / I&I)
Grimoires for orb enhance
Armored Knights for type enhance. You may use Muse for Skuld to be on-color but your Skuld team must be God type not physical

2. Valkyries are one of their best friends (Femme / Reine / Elize)

3. You should focus on TPA subs instead of rows, but you can use Archdemons as subs because they have skillboost and strong stats (Belial / Amon / Astaroth). Good examples would be Valks, Awoken Kagu for Urd, UVO Blodin for Skuld, and Liu Bei for Verdandi

4. It can be said that Norns are more REM-dependent than some other leaders to make a strong team, but you can still make a decent Norn team with farmable subs.

5. They have very strong LS and you are not restricted to R/B or G/R or B/G (depends on your Norn). You should stick to going mono-color for Norns.

6. Their stats are very good and worth their cost.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2015, 02:03:28 PM »
Hey heeeeey I got Dill Sirius.

If the DC Collaboration wasn't far gone and away I would be incredibly hyped to skill him up and use him on Beelzebub but -nope- not right now.

Edit: ahahahaha the singular Lex Luthor I was keeping for collection purposes gave a skill up

Reedit: whatdoyoumean Byakko uses a gravity in Kouryu's dungeon aaaghhhh
Maybe I shouldn't go in without looking at the dungeon information again.

Rere edit:

THE BEELZEBAE FLYTERCYCLE IS UNSTOPPABLE
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:26:11 PM by Fast Fanatic »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2015, 06:32:06 PM »
Got Reine max skilled, got a king mastering finally.  Everything has gone well!

« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2015, 07:18:08 PM »
You know in some descends, some enemy do attack you on their pre-empt at a certain chance instead of doing their darken/poison/whatevergimmick if your hp is 1-shot-able :V

Yeah, I know AB Dashing Wingman was the first to do that sort of thing IIRC. I more meant "why bother making your first actual turn a status shield when you can...I dunno, just hit me".

Meanwhile!

[13:17:22] <~rdj522> Wadanohara bad end 3: trapped in an egg

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2015, 07:36:03 PM »
Whoops I got Satan.

Also IIRC a Flampy, which is an even more appealing prize.  I need to be sure to go back later and get the stone for his actual dungeon, too.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2015, 09:03:35 PM »
Athena in Wadatsumi is not working well. That floor two dragon is a monster. Going to have to rethink this. Maybe just a Valkyrie team with high recovery and a lot of fast orb changers.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2015, 09:36:44 PM »

True Dragon Realm Legend Plus

clear on first try o_o

Technically first legend plus clear with Bastet party because my hera rush clear was bastet/kushi :V !!!
(I py'd thief to skill max before this, and I never used his skill. :| though seriously I would've needed his skill if I got DarkFagan or extremeKing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9HqewqbrlU
^vid link

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2015, 09:45:19 PM »
BAD INFLUENCE YOLOROLL -> PARVATI

<3<3<3

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2015, 09:53:00 PM »
Plus eggs are a wonderful thing. I can beat so many challenges with this simple team now.

« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2015, 10:01:40 PM »
i feel like i should really be able to clear true endless

but every time i try something fucks up like i dont know

also running poring tower all day and i skilled up everything except for reine who i actually wanted

>try to burst beelz
>lives with one hp and does full board poison

gungho pls buff isis

her attack is so bad

please
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 01:33:35 AM by Seaport Suikama »

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #148 on: March 01, 2015, 03:18:59 AM »
BAD INFLUENCE YOLOROLL -> PARVATI

<3<3<3
BAD INFLUENCE YOLOROLL -> LIGHT KALI

<3<3<3

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #149 on: March 01, 2015, 03:34:31 AM »
BAD INFLUENCE YOLOROLL -> LIGHT KALI

<3<3<3

Yaaaaay! Join the cult! Join the cult!

Edit: Bad influence roll: Wee Jas (the white one). Badass.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 03:37:18 AM by commandercool »