Author Topic: Draft Mafia - Game Over  (Read 47799 times)

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
Draft Mafia - Game Over
« on: January 31, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »
RULES:
0. As the host, I have the right to edit these rules at any time. If this happens, you will be informed.
1. The game is NOC, meaning you don't talk about the game outside of this game thread while it is ongoing.
2. If you're dead, don't talk to anyone who doesn't have access to the graveyard quicktopic. You can ask to be informed, but please don't spoil the rest of the graveyard.
3. Screenshotting and quoting any information given by the host outside of the thread well result in a modkill.
4. Editing posts is banned, although depending on the severity of the edit punishment may be more lax.
5. Should you be modkilled through any fault of your own, you automatically lose. Tactical modkills are even lamer and will be dealt with accordingly.
6. The game starts on Day 1.
7. Nights last for 24 hours, days last for 72 hours. You may not talk during the night phase.
8. If your action fails or is redirected, you will be informed as such.
9. A hammer is required to lynch. It takes over 50% of the total votes in order to hammer. Failure to achieve a lynch twice will result in universal loss.
10. *YLO will not be announced, as you should be able to figure it out for yourselves.
11. Play to win, but don't spoil the enjoyment of others.

SETUP INFO:
There are 7 townies and 2 mafia members. By default, everyone is a vanilla. Unless stated otherwise, the mafia members can perform the factional kill and use their roles in the same night.

Your role in this game is determined by the drafting process, and I'm stealing the explanation from the mafiascum wiki because it can be kind of difficult to explain.

Quote from: Drafting
1. Each player sends in two numbers to the moderator, between 1 and 10 in the format (x,x).
2. Which ever player sends in the lowest unique first number (i.e. no other player sent in the same first number) gets the first pick.
3. Whoever picked the second-lowest unique number goes second, up until there are no more unique first numbers.
4. After there are no more unique first numbers, the next pick goes to the person with the lowest first number that matched only one other first number, but has a lower number than that other person. After he picks, that other person picks.
5. After the first tied pair picks, the second-lowest tied pair picks, and who picks first is based again on whoever has the lowest second number.
6. After all of the two-way ties are resolved, the three-way-ties are again resolved in a similar fashion, based again on who picked the lowest second number, then the second-lowest second number, etc.
7. If anyone picks *both* the same numbers as anyone else, they are bumped entirely to the end of the list.
If multiple pairs are bumped to the end of the list, the pair with the lower first numbers picked goes before the pair with the higher first numbers picked.
8. Of each pair bumped to the end of the list, they must each roll again separately and the draft operates recursively.

Send me the numbers after you sign up in thread so that setting up the game takes less time. You will learn your alignment as well as the drafting order (as it will be made public) after signups are filled and all alignments go out, and you well send in the role you want then. The mafia may converse pregame while making their choices.

The roles in this game are:

Quote from: Tracker
USER, you have selected the Tracker.

During the night, you may ##Track a player to learn who they visited, but not what they did.
Quote from: Roleclop
USER, you have selected the Roleclop.

During the night, you may ##Investigate a player to learn their role, but not their alignment.
Quote from: Doctor
USER, you have selected the Doctor.

During the night, you may ##Protect a player to prevent all attempts on their life that night. You may not self-target.

Quote from: Roleblocker
USER, you have selected the Roleblocker.

During the night, you may ##Roleblock a player to prevent them from carrying out any night actions that night.
Quote from: Neighbourizer
USER, you have selected the Neighbourizer.

During the night, you may ##Neighbourize a player to open a private quicktopic with them outside of the thread. All neighbours will be added to the same quicktopic, which will close when you die.
USER, you have selected the Jack of all Trades.

During the night, you may ##Strongman Kill another player in place of your factional kill, ensuring that the target dies despite any attempts made to protect them or interfere with your action. Alternatively, you may ##Ninja Kill in place of your factional kill, allowing you to kill a player without being seen by any Trackers targetting you. You may only use these abilities once in the game.

The priority list is as follows (with the Strongman first):

-Strongman
-Roleblocker
-Doctor
-Factional Kill
-Neighbourizer
-Roleclop
-Tracker

Alive [3]:
3. Sky Paladin, Vanilla Townie, Survived Day 4.
6. Zakeri, Vanilla Townie, Survived Day 4.
7. Mitsuki, Town Tracker, Survived Day 4.

Dead [6]:
1. Dormio, Town Jack of all Trades, was lynched Day 1.
9. ActionDan, Vanilla Townie, was killed Night 1.
2. Dr Rawr, Mafia Goon, was lynched Day 2.
5. Raikaria,  Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 3.
8. Bard, Town Neighbouriser, was killed Night 3.
4. CF7 Shadoweh, Mafia Doctor, was lynched Day 4.

Drafting order is in the next post.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 10:54:39 AM by SB »

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
Re: Draft Mafia - Pregame
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 07:39:41 PM »
Drafting order:

1.) CF7 (2,4)
2.) Mitsuki (6,1)
3.) Zakeri (9,10)
4.) Dan: (1,1)
5.) Dormio (1,2)
6.) Sky Paladin (4,5)
7.) Rawr: (4,8)
8/9.) Raikaria/Bard (3,7)

Since I just realised there's no reason for Raikaria or Bard NOT to pick (1,1), they get to play rock paper scissors against each other to resolve it. Send in orders along with your role pm (and preferably enough for 3 rounds in case you end up tying).

The drafting period lasts for 48 hours. Anyone who fails to send in their pick will be turned into a vanilla.

Sending out alignment pms now.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 07:58:03 PM »
I'm done sending. If you didn't get yours for some reason, yell at me.

Drafting phase ends in just over 48 hours.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2015, 09:54:36 PM »

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 09:58:13 PM »
*snicker*

Don't lynch me.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 10:40:10 PM »
Do you believe in  magic?
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 11:30:27 PM »
I'm confused.  Doesn't the public announcement of the draft order give away who the town power roles are going to be? 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 11:38:43 PM »
If I wasn't clear enough on this, the drafting order is the order in which you select one of the roles from the op. If it's already taken, you become a vanilla.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2015, 09:24:58 AM »
A tie for last place? How exciting!

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2015, 11:40:43 AM »
Yay games starting when I'm at Vhaltz's place. I'll be here until the 8th and doing more important things than playing mafia (like playing Fire Emblem), so don't expect me to be 100% active or something.
Altough let's face it, I'll probably end up ignoring Vhaltz for mafia. SORRY VHALTZ </3

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2015, 08:31:39 PM »
Bard/Raikaria: You both picked the exact same thing in RPS.  So uh... send in five more rounds and please don't pick exactly the same thing this time thanks.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2015, 08:34:43 PM »
The most intense RPS match for last place

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2015, 08:36:15 PM »
The stakes have never been lower.

CF7

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2015, 09:05:50 PM »
Bard/Raikaria: You both picked the exact same thing in RPS.  So uh... send in five more rounds and please don't pick exactly the same thing this time thanks.
That's just too funny.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2015, 09:13:53 PM »

Seriously?

To wit... I picked Rock-Rock-Rock.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 01:38:11 AM »
Seriously?

To wit... I picked Rock-Rock-Rock.

I picked the exact same thing!

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 08:00:17 PM »
Drafting phase is over. Sending out roles now.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 08:15:00 PM »
EDIT: Raikaria beat Bard in RPS and as a result was eighth to draft.

All roles are out, so the game can start.

Day 1 begins. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. You have 72 hours to decide on a lynch.

Deadline.

CF7

Re: Draft Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 08:24:58 PM »
I forgot how to play mafia. It was so long ago... Anyway.
##Vote Dormio

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 08:42:31 PM »
I was going to vote for whoever was #1 on the playerlist but then I realized that I was #1 on the playerlist so that plan couldn't possibly work out for me.
##Vote CF7 OMGUS-

CF7

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 09:08:29 PM »
Oh, wow. Didn't expect an OMGUS this early. Dormio is scum. Lynch him. Lynch him right now.

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 09:10:51 PM »
CF7 and Dormio for scumteam, game solved

##Vote: Dormio since in addition to being scum he plays videogames
"you are the same" no, I play Fire Emblem

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 09:15:47 PM »
What have you got against video games?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2015, 09:16:36 PM »
##Vote: Dormio
Choochoo.

ActionDan

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 09:29:23 PM »
##vote: mitsuki

Raikaria and bard are not scum together

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2015, 09:37:25 PM »
is it because if the rock paper scissors?

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2015, 09:39:21 PM »
Dan is probably town, I thought the exact same thing at some point (and then I forgot about it). I don't see why scum would just go and bring that up anyways.
Anyways I wouldn't take that as a 100% accurate tell since SB may have thought about that and decided to make Raikaria/Bard untie the standard way anyways but yeah at least one of them is likely town.

... actually I should probably explain the logic. It wouldn't be necessary for Raikaria and Bardiche to untie if they were both scum and even then they wouldn't go and pick the same.

cut by Rawr

ActionDan

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2015, 10:22:08 PM »
@rawr: yes. 

Sb made a slight mistake in publically announcing that they tied instead of pming them privately.

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2015, 10:35:35 PM »
#Vote Bard

RPS Shenanigans delayed RVS Shenanigans so he gets my RVS. Also 3rd on the wagon ZOMG.

Good observation.

And yeah SB has made a slight booboo in the handling of the tie. But I'm not gonna complain about a mistake that is pro-town.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2015, 10:36:34 PM »
Oh and if I ever start saying/typing ZOMG in a not obviously sarcastic fashion; please take me out back and out me down like some shaggy dog.