Author Topic: Fraps lags with every Touhou game... please help!  (Read 11405 times)

Fraps lags with every Touhou game... please help!
« on: November 27, 2014, 10:18:10 PM »
Basically i have this really annoying problem with fraps: it lags, really lags especially when someone declares a Spellcard also as soon as it starts lagging it's impossible to return to normal fps... it's quite annoying .

PC specs and Fraps Configuration in the attachments

Please help. Thanks in advance.

<Tengukami> Tech questions go in this sub. This board also has a sticky on how to post. Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 12:48:30 AM by Tengukami »
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Re: Fraps lags with every Touhou game... please help!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 11:11:21 PM »
Set the Video Capture Setting from 30 fps to 60 fps.

Unless for some reason you want to record your video to be half the original speed, then you can just untick the "Lock framerate while recording" option.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 11:21:31 PM »
That doesn't work because before i had it at 60 fps and nothing
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 01:24:59 AM »
Try Dxtory instead, it's less resource-intensive than Fraps for recording.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 11:29:57 PM »
It worked with Dxtory, no lag, however i have a new problem the overlay always shows up in the video itself. That and the files are to big, stage one of Perfect Cherry Blossom is 8 and something GB.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 11:57:22 PM »
Huh? You can disable the overlays on the second tab. And are you enabling Compress on Dxtory's codec?

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 11:37:10 PM »
It works now, however Youtube can't finish processing the video, it gets stuck at 95%.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 12:03:07 AM »
It works now, however Youtube can't finish processing the video, it gets stuck at 95%.

Just wait patiently. It happens to me on every video I upload as well, unless if they are really short.

When the processing hits 95%, it really takes a while to progress beyond that, but it will eventually jump to 100%.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 03:44:25 PM »
Well it doesn't work either way, what happens is: it get's literally stuck at 95% and then says something like: " Sorry but the processing failed because the file is incompatible " however i went ahead and saw what file the video was, and the supported files by Youtube and Youtube can support that file. So i don't really know what i'm doing wrong here. 

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 04:31:32 PM »
That's more of a Youtube fault. Try converting into MPEG-4 or something with a random program? I've personally never uploaded directly from Dxtory, I've always processed them with VirtualDub for getting better res with filters, and exported them with an External codec for MPEG-4.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:34:53 PM by Jirachi »

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 05:47:56 PM »
Download Media Info, open your video file on the program, then go "view > tree", take a screenshot and post here.

I want to analyze your video's information to check if there's something wrong with it.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 05:56:44 PM »
Alright, here it is:

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 06:17:38 PM »
I can see the file's size is pretty big for a 3 minutes and 9 seconds only video. That's because it's an uncompressed, lossless AVI. Unless if you have a really fast upload speed, it'd take a lot of time for you to upload longer duration videos. So, you'll want to compress them to .mp4 with this program. It has a very simple interface and it's efficient.

Your video will end up much smaller and with minimal quality loss. Plus, there's a bigger chance the .mp4 file will be accepted by youtube. Try it out and tell me the results.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 09:00:08 PM »
The same happens, i have converted it to MP4 and still i got the same results.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 09:19:48 PM »
It seems the video isn't the problem here, unless Youtube suddenly started rejecting 60FPS videos that wouldn't match the criteria to play at 60FPS (that being, having 720p+ res). But that wouldn't make sense because two weeks ago I uploaded a 800x600 50 FPS AVI video (not from Dxtory though).

1) Are you able to upload your lagged Fraps videos?

2) Have you checked your list of videos if the video is there somehow? The upload screen happened to be inaccurate multiple times to me before.

3) Which browser are you using? Is it up to date? Youtube doesn't seem very fond to Firefox.

Post a Media Info screenshot for your new MP4 video just in case.

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2014, 09:33:14 PM »
Actually the past file showed the video itself, however the MP4 only has the sound, no image at all.

And yes at least one lagged video which was a test recording which i did in Imperishable Night against Reimu worked and is on Youtube.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 10:25:54 PM »
Try converting with another program (I personally like Any Video Converter). Or, I can Export my External Encoders from VirtualDub so you could upload 60FPS 720p (this has worked for me months ago but back when I had to interpolate the video to 30FPS because 60 was unavailable).

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 11:20:15 PM »
I must confess I'm running out of ideas here. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your video.

4:3 is a very common aspect ratio. The width/height values are even. If either of them were uneven (such as something like 960x721), Youtube would most certainly reject it. Plus, 60.000fps is very standard and a whole number. If your frame rate was decimal (example: 59.998fps), youtube would probably have problems with it as well. Finally, your Bit rate mode is constant, not variable (Youtube seems to have trouble with the latter).

So... if converting the video to .mp4 could not help solving the issue, I don't know what else to suggest. BUT, I've never worked with xtor as my Codec ID before, so maybe youtube is failing to handle it. Even though you converted to a different Codec ID already, maybe the original one is still interfering somehow.

Maybe you could try to record your video with a program other than Dxtory? I dunno.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2014, 12:34:44 AM »
Well, I just managed to upload a test video recorded by Dxtory and encoded by VirtualDub's External Encoder, here. Also resized to 720p (forgot to put Lanczos3, it could look better), so it can be played in 60FPS. Download VirtualDub, extract this inside its folder, go to Options, External Encoders, import them into it (you will probably have to re-link the .exe files on the second tab). If you want to go 720p to get 60FPS on Youtube, before encoding go to Filters, add "resize", mark Absolute and change the pixels to 960x720. Upon exporting, pick either .mp4 or .mkv, I usually go with .mkv but both should work.

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2014, 09:23:54 PM »
Well i did everything but encoding. Where is the encoding in virtual dub? I have searched through a lot of options but alas i found nothing.

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2014, 10:49:39 PM »
File > Export > Using External Encoder

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2014, 10:55:08 PM »
File > Export > Using External Encoder

I did all of that however i got this error with Virtual Dub:

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2014, 11:12:11 PM »
I did all of that however i got this error with Virtual Dub:

You have to reassociate the .exes because they have a different address in your PC.

Options > Configure External Encoders... > Encoders > double click each one and point to the respective .exes extracted from the archive you downloaded. They're in the subfolders.

I remember trying something more automated before (like the ./ in Linux) and it not working.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 11:17:25 PM by Jirachi »

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2014, 11:50:10 PM »
There apparently isn't an options > configure external encoders...

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2014, 12:07:23 AM »
There apparently isn't an options > configure external encoders...

Err, I meant External Codecs. When I typed it I had the dialog open, where its name is actually Configure External Codecs.

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2014, 12:23:11 AM »
Is it Capture.pgn or Capture2.pgn?

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2014, 12:30:18 AM »
Second. You should only change the location of the exe files (the Program box).

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2014, 09:20:57 PM »
I still get this error, what does it mean either way?

Jirachi

• Wish Maker
  • yawn...
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2014, 09:30:33 PM »
You're pointing the exes incorrectly somehow. There's no other way.

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 10:58:21 PM »
Here is the config: which ones do keep enabled or disable?