Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 15 - We represent the Lollipop Guild, the Lollipop (ry  (Read 135049 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Well, hopefully we get an extended day of double drops at the very least to compensate. I'd kind of like some stones too to make up for the mountain of stamina I wasted waiting setting up for farming and then farming with the droprate off, but whatever...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

ZEUS MERCURY 0 STONED FIRST TRY

ISIS >>> KIRIN FOREVER

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Woah, grats Suikama!

And lol at Doomsday's charming smile being the only visible one in the screenshot  :D

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Daaaaarn, that's some insanity right there.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
I just noticed a small detail in that screenshot of your: the number of stones.....

Brb, hacking into Sui's account right now!  :o

yeah im saving up for when knights and egypt 2.0 finally show up

until then im not spend any of these

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_

ZEUS MERCURY 0 STONED FIRST TRY

ISIS >>> KIRIN FOREVER

Good job!
This descent really flavours blue teams haha.

Edit: I just noticed how REM-free your team is  :o everything except Isis can be acquired from dungeons. Whooooaaa that's amazing.

On the other hand, I'm a madman that tried doing zeus mercury for jewels, encounter kirin on first try on 8th floor (replacing the annoying Neptune! wahahaha) and somehow proceeded to no-stone it. woot.
but I'm out of rainbow keepers to ultimate uevo my blue valk :colonveeplusalpha: Am I the only one that never seems to have enough rainbow keeper because you have to go out of your way to get them, while mythdublits and mask you kind of get a lot as you farm twinlits/ancientMasks for skill ups. :V
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:03:57 PM by Thaws »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Evo Materials Unite is actually really convenient for getting Rainbow Keepers, because you also get a shot at getting... everything else, too, while you're at it.

Also being able to run it any day of the week is a big boon.

Question. Is there any particular difference in China girl invade rates between Goemon and Beelzebub?

i dont know, but tomorrow is monday with x5 technicals so it might be a better idea to farm +eggs since these dont come around that often

commandercool

• alter cool
God dammit, I got sick of sitting on full stamina waiting for Wind Chasers to come back so I bought Sword Of Justice, and as soon as I paged over to it I saw that the 2x droprates were finally up. FUUUUCK.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
i dont know, but tomorrow is monday with x5 technicals so it might be a better idea to farm +eggs since these dont come around that often

It is because of things like this that I never actually get my goals in PAD done.
Red Jewels only appear on such easy descends so frequently. Takeminakata and Goemon are basically giveaways!

Am I the only one that never seems to have enough rainbow keeper because you have to go out of your way to get them, while mythdublits and mask you kind of get a lot as you farm twinlits/ancientMasks for skill ups. :V

I'm out of RKs here also. I did actually have 4 at the beginning of this week but I just kinda blew through evolving everyone and now I'm out of like everything >>

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Evo Materials Unite is actually really convenient for getting Rainbow Keepers, because you also get a shot at getting... everything else, too, while you're at it.

Also being able to run it any day of the week is a big boon.

Tuesday's coming soon but it's not 2x drop on JP and I just levelled so I decided to spend an full stamina bar on this.
3 million is pretty costly but it seems to have an increased droprate from its guerilla version?
4/5 runs had rainbow keeper dropped (I'm guessing I was just lucky?), and all other waves always dropped something.
That was pretty awesome.

*shows off*  :* :* :* :*

commandercool

• alter cool

*shows off*  :* :* :* :*

But... I want that. Give me that.

Operation Get Orbs is not looking great for the immediate future. My highest priority right now is a blue orb and the only dungeons dropping them are Hercules, which may be actually the hardest dungeon in the game for my current team just based on how it works, and Kanetsugu, which I can't even enter with my team and I don't really have an alternative for. The green orb and extra white orb I need should be easy to get from Goddess Descended and Hera-Is though, since both of those are extremely safe for me as far as I know. But that damn blue one remains elusive.

And I was hoping Athena would be around just so I could get some skillups for mine, but she still isn't back. Is she rarer than the other descends or something? It seems like we've had most or all of these twice since the last Athena unless I missed it.

After difficulties to get the game installed (fuck Europe), this game is really fun

my id 377,945,395

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
But... I want that. Give me that.

Operation Get Orbs is not looking great for the immediate future. My highest priority right now is a blue orb and the only dungeons dropping them are Hercules, which may be actually the hardest dungeon in the game for my current team just based on how it works, and Kanetsugu, which I can't even enter with my team and I don't really have an alternative for. The green orb and extra white orb I need should be easy to get from Goddess Descended and Hera-Is though, since both of those are extremely safe for me as far as I know. But that damn blue one remains elusive.

Planning to ult uevo my 2nd blue valk to make some kind of row enhance w/ lots of double TPA blue healers team hahahha :V Needing an extra light orb for that and I haven't skilled up my 2nd blue valk yet.

Hercules is actually pretty easy. Though I haven't tried it with a blue team yet.
You biggest problem is the 2nd wave because the thing is half-green and you only have 3 or 4 turns I forgot.
Titan is half-red so you'd have an easy time, you also have the recovery to endure his attacks. (He attacks once then wastes a turn posing lol.)
Archangel's only problem is leaving you with time reduction as your skyfalls accidentally kill her :V
Hercules is very easy. With a team with high recovery like blue healers, you can easily endure his three challenges (you are going to need I&I frd to have 20k hp to take his 20k damage from third challenge)
afterwards he counts down from like 5 lol so take your time killing him.

Also, in JP which descents gets what jewel is not fixed anymore, is it like that in US yet?

Finally, you can always aim for a particular jewel the next time there's a giveaway, though that can get really frustrating. :V

commandercool

• alter cool
Planning to ult uevo my 2nd blue valk to make some kind of row enhance w/ lots of double TPA blue healers team hahahha :V Needing an extra light orb for that and I haven't skilled up my 2nd blue valk yet.

Hercules is actually pretty easy. Though I haven't tried it with a blue team yet.
You biggest problem is the 2nd wave because the thing is half-green and you only have 3 or 4 turns I forgot.
Titan is half-red so you'd have an easy time, you also have the recovery to endure his attacks. (He attacks once then wastes a turn posing lol.)
Archangel's only problem is leaving you with time reduction as your skyfalls accidentally kill her :V
Hercules is very easy. With a team with high recovery like blue healers, you can easily endure his three challenges (you are going to need I&I frd to have 20k hp to take his 20k damage from third challenge)
afterwards he counts down from like 5 lol so take your time killing him.

Also, in JP which descents gets what jewel is not fixed anymore, is it like that in US yet?

Finally, you can always aim for a particular jewel the next time there's a giveaway, though that can get really frustrating. :V

Jewels aren't fixed to certain dungeons, I'm just talking about the upcoming event for the next week that we have the information for. I'll be able to get a blue orb from somewhere eventually with no problems I'm sure, I was just hoping to do it as soon as possible to give me more chances in case I just can't get it to drop.

Hercules is incredibly difficult for my specific team just because of how the team works. A different team would probably be able to manage it much more easily, but mine is a mono-blue stall team that converts into a spike team with Beyzul to kill bosses. Because Beyzul is so strict it's hard to use against multiple consecutive strong bosses or enemies with tons of health that can't be delayed.

The problem for me in this dungeon is Fafnir, since he has 4.2 million HP against me and I won't have time to stall up skills before I fight him. Once I have Beyzul skillmax I think I should be able to take care of him, but until then I can't see being able to output that much damage that fast. Maybe conserving hearts and then using heartmakers could let me live the extra turns it would take to kill him? I guess I can try that once or twice and see what happens. But if I can get past Fafnir nothing else in the dungeon is really threatening. Maybe I could get reeeally lucky and have Karin invade on the second floor.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Jewels aren't fixed to certain dungeons, I'm just talking about the upcoming event for the next week that we have the information for. I'll be able to get a blue orb from somewhere eventually with no problems I'm sure, I was just hoping to do it as soon as possible to give me more chances in case I just can't get it to drop.

Hercules is incredibly difficult for my specific team just because of how the team works. A different team would probably be able to manage it much more easily, but mine is a mono-blue stall team that converts into a spike team with Beyzul to kill bosses. Because Beyzul is so strict it's hard to use against multiple consecutive strong bosses or enemies with tons of health that can't be delayed.

The problem for me in this dungeon is Fafnir, since he has 4.2 million HP against me and I won't have time to stall up skills before I fight him. Once I have Beyzul skillmax I think I should be able to take care of him, but until then I can't see being able to output that much damage that fast. Maybe conserving hearts and then using heartmakers could let me live the extra turns it would take to kill him? I guess I can try that once or twice and see what happens. But if I can get past Fafnir nothing else in the dungeon is really threatening. Maybe I could get reeeally lucky and have Karin invade on the second floor.

5 million HP on Heracles himself is pretty huge too, considering the first half is all wood damage. I wonder if you could put a Hera-Is in there somewhere and pair up with Lakshmi instead of I&I -- you already have a Sun Quan enhance so I&I is a bit redundant.

cmd.cool: Yeah, Athena's been AWOL lately, because I'm looking to hypermax mine and get a second one for no-dupe alternate dungeons. I wonder where she could be...

Also Fafnir is indeed a jerk. I think my one try at Legend I downed him by the second snore since Leilan has some fire on her team, but I don't think I'd be able to get away on Mythical since you get almost no opportunity to even charge skills beforehand.

Also I don't think Heracles is going to give you more than a dozen turns before you eat a Gigantic Break. If you use a gravity right off the bat somehow it'll chew through most of the green bar, but otherwise you get to try and beat down over 7,500,000 HP in that many turns.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_

Ah, I was typing that up with your team having blue valkyrie as leader in mind, something like
BlueValk/Gab,Ruka,SQ,Siren/I&I
should have enough offense for Fafnir? as I believe you have enough time to go for a Gab+Valk+I&I or Ruka+Valk+I&I burst before Fafnir attacks if your friend is max-skilled.

I thought Fafnir was half green only before I checked though. oops. It might be tough to deal 4 million in 4 turns. I'd suggest using Gab separately and then Ruka+valkyrie for two burst chances. With some luck you might make it through. If the chance presents itself (18-20 blue orbs), going for 3 rows would definitely kill fafnir. (Ran some calculations and that'd deal over 3 million with the above team with water enhance) Though that needs some practice.

5 million HP on Heracles himself is pretty huge too, considering the first half is all wood damage.

It seems I underestimated Hercules' HP for a mono-blue, but assuming you survive all three challenges (These takes like 9 turns on there own so you'e sneaking in damage here and there)
He counts down giving you 5 more turns.
cmd.cool: Yeah, Athena's been AWOL lately, because I'm looking to hypermax mine and get a second one for no-dupe alternate dungeons. I wonder where she could be...

Also Fafnir is indeed a jerk. I think my one try at Legend I downed him by the second snore since Leilan has some fire on her team, but I don't think I'd be able to get away on Mythical since you get almost no opportunity to even charge skills beforehand.

Also I don't think Heracles is going to give you more than a dozen turns before you eat a Gigantic Break. If you use a gravity right off the bat somehow it'll chew through most of the green bar, but otherwise you get to try and beat down over 7,500,000 HP in that many turns.
BlueValk/Gab,Ruka,SQ,Hera-Is/I&I might work for him then?

Anyways, he's probably going to have a easier time if he waits until he levels up any one of his rainbow team leaders. lol

commandercool

• alter cool

I didn't realize he snored multiple times. He still seems like too much for me to handle, but that does make it easier in theory. I'd have at least five turns to deal damage since Fafnir can't one-shot me, and probably at least seven since my heartmakers would be up by then. I'd still have to do more damage each turn than I think is likely, but it might be worth trying once or twice and seeing what happens.

I might be underestimating Heracles, but I think I can handle him. He is delayable, so I can get multiple turns of Beyzul damage on him, and he would give me enough time to pop all of my skills, recharge, and do it again. Once again, would be a million times more plausible with a max skill Beyzul and Sun Quan, but whatever.

Ah, I was typing that up with your team having blue valkyrie as leader in mind, something like
BlueValk/Gab,Ruka,SQ,Siren/I&I
should have enough offense for Fafnir? as I believe you have enough time to go for a Gab+Valk+I&I or Ruka+Valk+I&I burst before Fafnir attacks if your friend is max-skilled.

I have plenty of +297 max skill I&I friends, so finding a friend wouldn't be hard. That might be enough firepower to deal with Fafnir, but I'd be much more worried about Hercules with that team. His challenges actually stand a chance of killing me and I wouldn't have the x24 attack for multiple turns that I could have with the other one.

I thought Fafnir was half green only before I checked though. oops. It might be tough to deal 4 million in 4 turns. I'd suggest using Gab separately and then Ruka+valkyrie for two burst chances. With some luck you might make it through. If the chance presents itself (18-20 blue orbs), going for 3 rows would definitely kill fafnir. (Ran some calculations and that'd deal over 3 million with the above team with water enhance) Though that needs some practice.

I never learned how to do three rows. It's very rare that x24 isn't enough to kill something with two rows so it rarely matters. I could probably kill him with Valk/I&I and some luck, but a farming team that needs luck is a bad deal.

It seems I underestimated Hercules' HP for a mono-blue, but assuming you survive all three challenges (These takes like 9 turns on there own so you'e sneaking in damage here and there)
He counts down giving you 5 more turns.BlueValk/Gab,Ruka,SQ,Hera-Is/I&I might work for him then?

That might do it, but unfortunately my Hera-Is is hugely underleveled. I don't think she's ever been fed anything that wasn't another Hera or Hera-Is, so she's like level 20 unevolved right now.

Anyways, he's probably going to have a easier time if he waits until he levels up any one of his rainbow team leaders. lol

Nooooo kidding. :derp: I probably won't get my blue orb this week, which is fine, I'm sure more chances will come around. My various rainbow teams have all been backburnered in favor of my Athena team, since I want a very stable coin dungeon farming setup... Just in time for the no dupes dungeons to show up and invalidate that entire team. Bet it would have no trouble with Hercules though. I think it complements the weaknesses of the Gabriel team very well.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
Would it be possible to use 2x Hera-Is in your build?

EDIT: Idk why I missed that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 12:03:37 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

I hope you have good RCV for Heracles because he starts the fight with skill bind + 99% gravity, then followed up by a 10k punch. No chance to delay him before then unless you have skill bind resists.

commandercool

• alter cool
Shit, just shatteted m phone into splinters. Guess I won't be doing anything strenuous in PAD until I get this fixed anyway.

I hope you have good RCV for Heracles because he starts the fight with skill bind + 99% gravity, then followed up by a 10k punch. No chance to delay him before then unless you have skill bind resists.

Not worried about that. I got the recovery.

Edit: Actually, for a fistful of phone shards this touchscreen still works surprisingly well now that I take a closer look at it. Maybe this isn't a deal breaker after all.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:13:36 AM by commandercool »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Shit, just shatteted m phone into splinters. Guess I won't be doing anything strenuous in PAD until I get this fixed anyway.

Not worried about that. I got the recovery.

Edit: Actually, for a fistful of phone shards this touchscreen still works surprisingly well now that I take a closer look at it. Maybe this isn't a deal breaker after all.
Don't cut yourself on the shards.  Would suck to have the dungeons literally fight back.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
Has anyone else been doing Wind Chasers today? Can anyone confirm that it actually is on double drops? I swear even after the display updated to claim that it was it still isn't. ~200 stamina on a mix of Master and Expert later and I've still gotten only a single chaser, on Expert. What the fuck?

After difficulties to get the game installed (fuck Europe), this game is really fun

my id 377,945,395

first thing to do is add as many of us here as possible.

MotK PaD friends is best friends.  :V

Thanks to GreenVirus for the Siggy.
My TF2 Backpack of DOOM

Has anyone else been doing Wind Chasers today? Can anyone confirm that it actually is on double drops? I swear even after the display updated to claim that it was it still isn't. ~200 stamina on a mix of Master and Expert later and I've still gotten only a single chaser, on Expert. What the fuck?
this is why i never trust things that aren't 100% in pad

80% drop rate? 80% skill lock resist? might as well be 0%

insect dragons start tomorrow and they have mythical versions wtf

man that stone might be a pain to get
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:08:59 AM by Suikama »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/541806353962893312

Japan's preparing a special Christmas dungeon where you can get wild Snowglobes.

well I know what I'm dumping my stones on! BRING ON THE EXP BIZNATCHES

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.

did you do it before it was actually up at noon pst

because the news was a lying sack of shit