Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 15 - We represent the Lollipop Guild, the Lollipop (ry  (Read 135068 times)

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
You don't have to match orbs to wear out bindings.
You don't?  Huh, good to know.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Case in point.
Naturally, a bind healer is usually better than hoping that it doesn't target the same person five times in a row. Bind immune peeps are also a wonderful to have.

It also lets you set up a board with impunity, for the most part.

I'll come clear right away: THE BABY TAMADRA MADE ME LOSE.
6 rounds back-to-back of Pure Smile...... ALL SIX ON THE 2 RONIAS!

u lost bcuz ronia suxxxx

For real though, you can make debuff turns pass using "null" matches.  Insanely important skill to know for certain dungeons.

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Didn't know that you don't need to match for binds... my only bind resist monster is Godin, which is both totally out of color and too costly to field  :V

I'm going to try Echidna for Gigas, worst case i'll use Menace to force the little bast... to let me bind recover

I highly advise against using Echidna on the baby tama unless you think you can take out the green fruit in two shots.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
For Japan, coinciding with the release of Goetia and Ars Nova, the sticker girls will now become a part of the normal REM starting from 1200PM JST.

I don't know what to feel when I'll inevitably have my box filled with Ruka from silver eggs during godfeses pulls and think of how I needed 9 rolls in total to get one from the Pink REM... orz
What will happen to Pink REM and Wetatron now? :S
and they really need to release muracore-like carnivals more often now with this sudden flood of non-god series.

MatsuriSakuragi

My guess is that the Pink REM will be a cycling REM for girl cards from here, then. Kinda like how there's a different god in there every time, but still always a girl.

and they really need to release muracore-like carnivals more often now with this sudden flood of non-god series.

They have been doing this like crazy over here in NA lately.  We're in a lull right now, but it can get crazy again with the drop of a hat.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
As terrifying as it may sound, I think that's about normal

I'm just gonna stand back with my max skilled echidna that took less than 10 feeds. :V

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
I'm just gonna stand back with my max skilled echidna that took less than 10 feeds. :V

2013 Edible's peas are really steamed at you right now.

2014 Edible is just really sad and wishes he could drink at work. ;_;

Mr. Sacchi

2013 Edible's peas are really steamed at you right now.

2014 Edible is just really sad and wishes he could drink at work. ;_;

If it makes you feel any better, my Horus is currently at 1/31 skillups.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
If it makes you feel any better, my Horus is currently at 1/31 skillups.

Does anyone even use Horus for his active skill?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

It also took me a ridiculous number of feeds to skill up my main Echidna.

Then later when I decided to skill up a naga just for fun/s-ranks it took like 10 feeds >_>

Mr. Sacchi

Does anyone even use Horus for his active skill?

When you also run a monored that relies on full red boards, his active skill becomes Actually Important™!

Especially when you consider that at 1 skillup he's 1 turn short of syncing up with my Uriel, which is a really big deal ):

Edible

... so what you're saying is he needs two skillups, as opposed to being max skill :V

Mr. Sacchi

... so what you're saying is he needs two skillups, as opposed to being max skill :V

And I can't get even that! That's how horrible it is!

(And the amount of skillups I need increases as I get skillups with Uriel too so...)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Can't you get both Horus and Uriel skill ups simultaneously with Mystic Fire Dragon?

commandercool

• alter cool
You don't have to match orbs to wear out bindings.

I did not know that. Is there anything else that doesn't rely on orb matching? Does poison damage?
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

I did not know that. Is there anything else that doesn't rely on orb matching? Does poison damage?

Yes. I frequently use this strat on Twinlits to carry over manual CtW.

The ONLY things that do not tick to my knowledge unless you make at least one match, are auto-recovery resources and skill charging. Everything else will progress as normal.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Poison damage definitely works even in non-matches. I believe there's actually a strategy to gimp one of Karin's appearances where she ubernukes you if you have any heart orbs on the field.

If you poison her and heartbreak, she can't actually kill you. Normally, there would be a chance of hearts falling in a cascade, but you could just not match anything.

Even more relevant is the 99 skill bind in the Wednesday dungeon, particularly for Godin/Ammy where the wave 3 masks only attack once per six turns.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:26:31 PM by Fast Fanatic »

Jq1790

Poison damage definitely works even in non-matches. I believe there's actually a strategy to gimp one of Karin's appearances where she ubernukes you if you have any heart orbs on the field.

If you poison her and heartbreak, she can't actually kill you. Normally, there would be a chance of hearts falling in a cascade, but you could just not match anything.
Until she makes more hearts when your heartbreakers are all spent, which would happen quickly.  The move right before the ubernuke is a heartmaker attack specifically to fuel the finisher.

You're referrig to the appearance she makes in Guan Yingping's dungeon, yes?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:29:45 PM by Jq1790 »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Until she makes more hearts when your heartbreakers are all spent, which would happen quickly.  The move right before the ubernuke is a heartmaker attack specifically to fuel the finisher.
I thought she enters a loop of skipping her turn repeatedly because there aren't any heart orbs?

Jq1790

I thought she enters a loop of skipping her turn repeatedly because there aren't any heart orbs?
She does?  Weird, I'd think they'd have jus had her reset to either the first or second move in her cycle.

Mr. Sacchi

There's conflicting information on both sides, according to a lot of people she just pops the heartmaker move then Garyou Tensei for flowerbeam levels of damage, but according to trance (I believe) she actually cycles between both moves.

I guess we'll be able to confirm that once Guan Yinping becomes a thing in NA.

Can't you get both Horus and Uriel skill ups simultaneously with Mystic Fire Dragon?

Indeed you can - that was actually how I got the only skillup my Horus has -  the problem is Phoenix is an invade with invade-levels of rarity, and I need more skillups for Horus than I need for Uriel.

Though maybe I'll spend some time on mystic fire dragon farming for phoenixses and minotaurs.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 11:48:12 PM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

oh shit got a bubpy

man farming pys feels way better than other methods of farming skillups, especially since even if you don't get any pys you still get a ton of exp for both you and your monsters

Edible

I just checked.

She does her preemptive, then skips a turn, then her 11k hit, then her 8k + heartmake hit, then she attempts garyou tensei.  If there's hearts on the board, you take 400k to the face.  If there's no hearts on the board, she skips a turn.  She'll continue skipping a turn until there are hearts on the board, at which point you take 400k to the face.

oh shit got a bubpy

man farming pys feels way better than other methods of farming skillups, especially since even if you don't get any pys you still get a ton of exp for both you and your monsters

Yeah, I've gotten so many guys to level 99 lately and gotten so many ranks/plus eggs off this that it's just flat-out ridiculous.

I just checked.

She does her preemptive, then skips a turn, then her 11k hit, then her 8k + heartmake hit, then she attempts garyou tensei.  If there's hearts on the board, you take 400k to the face.  If there's no hearts on the board, she skips a turn.  She'll continue skipping a turn until there are hearts on the board, at which point you take 400k to the face.
Garyou... huh?
Garyou... huh?
Garyou... huh?
Garyou... huh?

Karin sure is a persistent one :V

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
Actually B/G Karin is also in JP's 3rd challenge dungeon lv9
And I read a clear report with Minerva red team which cleared that wave with Heartbreaker+Rodin, using the strategy of doing no matches, was a very interesting read :V

Yeah, I've gotten so many guys to level 99 lately and gotten so many ranks/plus eggs off this that it's just flat-out ridiculous.

And you haven't even gotten the pendra update.
I was farming Light Insect dungeon for skillups, got like 15 Light Pendras, farmed some dragon seeds and my freshly pulled LKali went to lv50 ready for evolve immediately.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 12:29:55 AM by Thaws »

Jq1790

I just checked.

That's actually rather depressing.  Part of me wants it to stay in for rewarding peoples' creativity, but part of me wants it "fixed" since it feels sorta bleh that you can wipe her out so easily.

At the same time, I wonder if that's how you're SUPPOSED to beat her?  Or is it INTENDED for you to KO her in those few turns normally?