Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 15 - We represent the Lollipop Guild, the Lollipop (ry  (Read 134992 times)

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Ahh, I tried my luck at a final roll and only got a Dark Dragon Knight :(
I got a Titan....LOL.

EDIBLE I CURSE YOU.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
:derp:

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
TOP DROIDRAGON AWAKENINGS FINALLY CONFIRMED BY ANTONIO

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Holy shit fucking finally

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
I made some mistakes earlier.

I have obtained my fourth grodin, a ronia, and two GZL. Also Haku.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
I'm trying to think of a boss that could tank a 25x hit with TPAs from that team

Not really coming up with anything :V

athena in challenge dungeon 3 has 8.5m hp, maybe her?

EDIT:

i guess i should also mention this.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/141119_skill.html#next
Skillups for Evo Mat Monsters for the first half of December:

Angelit --> Raphael
Devilit --> DMeta (not ultimate)
Trifruits --> Sonia of the matching color
Keeper of Gold --> LZL
Blue Sacred Mask --> Orochi
Green Sacred Mask --> Avalon Drake
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 05:56:49 AM by auri.ca »

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Took 3 attempts, but opening day 0stone rekt

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Keeper of Gold --> LZL

well
time to farm golden keepers

As far as Tomb of the Saint-Deep goes, I've had the most success with Supergirl/LZL/Purin/Valkyrie/Echidna/Light Metatron. I one shot the boss with a skyfall TPA. :3
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:14:53 AM by Fast Fanatic »

alright kanetsugu you dont look so tough, time to get re-

[All Att. Needed]

...fuck

maybe i should have pulled more

oh well I guess it's gold keeper time

Hoooooly shit Gold Keeper finally 0 stoned!

Isis da best BV

and mega satan get
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 03:52:03 PM by Suikama »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I wish we had more free jewels in NA. I can make both Heras with ones I have in JP right now.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

MatsuriSakuragi

I'm losing so much stam fighting kanetsugu and he just will not drop :(

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I'm losing so much stam fighting kanetsugu and he just will not drop :(

Is mythical that much harder. He only hits for 3k, so you can stall on him for a while.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

>wait until 1.5x drops to farm arboreal
>0 drops

yeah nevermind im not gonna bother with this

Is mythical that much harder. He only hits for 3k, so you can stall on him for a while.

If you haev bad rcv, he will give you a bad time. Pretty much anything that cannot be swept in one turn easily is survivable.

My issue is I'll probably accidentally hit him under 85% while stalling, at which point he perfectly murders me in one hit

dammit bubblie why are your stats so bad

oh wait right i cant even use bubblie because all atts required nevermind

So confirming that you can encounter multiple high gold dragons in one alt satan run, leading to silly stuff like this:

commandercool

• alter cool
>wait until 1.5x drops to farm arboreal
>0 drops

yeah nevermind im not gonna bother with this

Two drops on 11 runs since the 1.5x drops. But I have 11 chasers overall for just three days of farming, so I guess I'm gonna keep going.

Is there ever a reason to do Master survey dungeons? 40% for 40 stamina seems waaay worse than 20% for 15, and even superworse if the monster you want has a chance to appear in the trash waves (although chaser does not). The experience and gold certainly don't seem worth it. I don't understand why the master versions exist.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Two drops on 11 runs since the 1.5x drops. But I have 11 chasers overall for just three days of farming, so I guess I'm gonna keep going.

Is there ever a reason to do Master survey dungeons? 40% for 40 stamina seems waaay worse than 20% for 15, and even superworse if the monster you want has a chance to appear in the trash waves (although chaser does not). The experience and gold certainly don't seem worth it. I don't understand why the master versions exist.
Less expected returns overall, but much higher per-run expectations.  More for people with enough stamina to run Master like 3-4 times or more I'm guessing so they don't have to spend as many TOTAL runs.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Chaore

consistency

i've basically surpassed what i got doing expert and getting -extremely- lucky and planning shit out doing master so uh

yeah? Yeah. That's a thing straight out tbh

commandercool

• alter cool
consistency

i've basically surpassed what i got doing expert and getting -extremely- lucky and planning shit out doing master so uh

yeah? Yeah. That's a thing straight out tbh

I'm not great at statistics, but isn't that consistency too costly to ever be effective? Almost triple the cost for double the drop rate might make sense if it bumped the drop rate up to 100%, but since it still gives a very significant chance of getting nothing (cough one Mystic Knight out of six runs cough) there's still too much luck involved for it to be efficient. Or am I doing my math wrong?

Is expert really 20% drop rate? feels a lot less tbh

Chaore

I'm not great at statistics, but isn't that consistency too costly to ever be effective? Almost triple the cost for double the drop rate might make sense if it bumped the drop rate up to 100%, but since it still gives a very significant chance of getting nothing (cough one Mystic Knight out of six runs cough) there's still too much luck involved for it to be efficient. Or am I doing my math wrong?

probably

but nah fuck statistics, the difference assuming those numbers aren't particularly high and aren't really any less subject to 'but but luck!'

people have floated a bunch of numbers for both difficulties tbh, i remember hearing almost 50% when master first came out, and I've heard 15% for expert

we honest don't really know what we're talking about and we're mostly discussing anecdotal bullshit overall really

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

supposedly. what I want to know is, is Master really 40%? feels a lot less!

actually when Survey Dungeon 11 was in Japan, I was doing 10+ runs of Expert on 1.5x drop rate. NO Light Chasers.
The next day there was no drop rate, I did Expert again once and then I got one Yellow Chaser drop.

I mean. It's just. Why. I got better drop rates from the other survey dungeon. Actually come to think of it Scarlet Snake Princess is guilty of the same shit too isn't it? :(

but nah fuck statistics, the difference assuming those numbers aren't particularly high and aren't really any less subject to 'but but luck!'

Welcome to P&D: "But but luck!"

we honest don't really know what we're talking about and we're mostly discussing anecdotal bullshit overall really

tbf when that's all we've got to go on currently.............................
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:06:41 AM by auri.ca »

commandercool

• alter cool
probably

Assuming those number are correct, and I guess I am (and honestly we really should have real numbers on this by now given how many people play PAD, unless the numbers shift over time which is possible I suppose) the difference is marginal.

But putting more eggs in one basket does literally make you more subject to luck. One 50% chance to win a million dollars does subject you more to luck than a million 50% chances to get a dollar assuming we equate "luck" and "chance". You'll pay out more if you win, but chance is a much bigger factor. So I guess Master is a matter of whether you feel lucky, and I certainly don't. I'd rather hedge my bets on a bunch of small chances than a few large ones, especially if the numbers are (potentially/probably) actually higher overall.

And if it turns out the 20%/40% numbers aren't actually right, who knows? I'd almost have to assume that the Master drop rate is actually higher than that because it was allegedly to make farming easier and we're even having this conversation.

If I had to guess I'd have put it at 25%, but I might be taking trash waves into account and mostly thinking about Scarlet Snake Princess. But so far my drops for Arboreal Encounter expert have been at least that good.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:26:45 AM by commandercool »

more like master exists to save on time. with a full stamina bar I get 11 runs of expert and 4 runs of master which is far less tedious for only a possibly little bit lower drop chance

Chaore

But putting more eggs in one basket does literally make you more subject to luck. One 50% chance to win a million dollars does subject you more to luck than a million 50% chances to get a dollar assuming we equate "luck" and "chance". You'll pay out more if you win, but chance is a much bigger factor. So I guess Master is a matter of whether you feel lucky, and I certainly don't. I'd rather hedge my bets on a bunch of small chances than a few large ones, especially if the numbers are (potentially/probably) actually higher overall.

This is a lot different than a million shots vs. one shot though

that's not even fair.

and the chances aren't anywhere near even

it's not the same case at all

If I had to guess I'd have put it at 25%, but I might be taking trash waves into account and mostly thinking about Scarlet Snake Princess. But so far my drops for Arboreal Encounter expert have been at least that good.

and i'd but master at something like 50% tbh

but both of us would be refuted by lower results of significant value.

more like master exists to save on time. with a full stamina bar I get 11 runs of expert and 4 runs of master which is far less tedious for only a possibly little bit lower drop chance

also this i guess

i really haven't seen any loss of chasers compared to expert too so it's pretty convenient

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi

i guess it makes sense, since for higher rank players with a lot of stamina to burn, it can make things easier.

but when 40 stam for me is almost half of my stamina bar, I ain't taking it yet

commandercool

• alter cool
This is a lot different than a million shots vs. one shot though

that's not even fair.

and the chances aren't anywhere near even

it's not the same case at all

Well yeah, obviously it's an exaggerated example for effect or it would just be re-stating what we already have and that doesn't do any good.  It's a bad example, but the point is the more tries you get the more you tend toward the mean and the less chance is a factor.

and i'd but master at something like 50% tbh

Well, good I guess. So far for all I can tell the Master drop rate is like 5%. I know that's not representative, but since it's been so bad I'm trying to do the math on how I should proceed and not reeeeally seeing the benefit. It's horribly flawed math, but that's what I got. I'm just waiting for someone who actually knows how to do math to come in here and be all "No, you did it all wrong, the numbers are actually completely the opposite", but until then I think I did it right with the limited information I have.

also this i guess

i really haven't seen any loss of chasers compared to expert too so it's pretty convenient

Yeah fair enough, and I suppose that can matter a lot with coin dungeons where time is of the essence. But I like playing PAD and often after blasting ten hours' worth of stamina on a few runs of a dungeon and getting nothing I'm just disappointed I didn't get to play very much.

Bio

• resident walker
I get more plus eggs from the dungeon than I do chasers.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/540030612808032256

new monsters announcements to come by this Friday