Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Thread 15 - We represent the Lollipop Guild, the Lollipop (ry  (Read 134996 times)

Espadas

• You're gonna have a bad time
Personal opinion: she is basically like the Chinese girls, with a slightly better LS and a worse AS, so of course you can build a team around her.... although i think she really need an uevo to bring her on par with the Others

EDIT: Chirei snuck in before me. This post is obviously related to commander's question about Sopdet ;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:37:49 PM by Espadas »

how the f would someone luci alt dungeons

I have Dancing Ur, and I'm contemplating feeding the Flampy from Lv6 to her. I already fed the +3/+3/+3 Tama, but I really do think she's pretty solid. Great Awakenings, great balanced leader skill, Excellent HP, Excellent ATK, and fast-ish active skill. She might even sub on my Leilan team just because her stats and awakes are excellent to me. I'm honestly not sure if regular Hera-Ur is better than the ultimate form, but that one might be preference.
I mean most of the builds on PDX. Basically people only play those three teams and if there's an unconventional dungeon that isn't easily cleared with those three then they don't get touched (although I guess you could Ronia the alt dungeons maybe?)

commandercool

• alter cool
Personal opinion: she is basically like the Chinese girls, with a slightly better LS and a worse AS, so of course you can build a team around her.... although i think she really need an uevo to bring her on par with the Others

EDIT: Chirei snuck in before me. This post is obviously related to commander's question about Sopdet ;)

The question is, does her massively worse active and awakenings make the difference? Seems to me like the active is a big reason to play Chinese.
I mean most of the builds on PDX. Basically people only play those three teams and if there's an unconventional dungeon that isn't easily cleared with those three then they don't get touched (although I guess you could Ronia the alt dungeons maybe?)

I don't know, PDX loves to try to use Ama/Godin for absolutely everything too. :wat:
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Oh. I think the alt dungeons can only be Ronia'd if you have enough Ronias, but then again that's the megawhale/boring way to beat the game anyway.

Now that I look at it you're right and that's a little disgusting. I should submit more R/G Leilan clears to avert this travesty.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 08:55:55 PM by OverlordChirei »

Espadas

The question is, does her massively worse active and awakenings make the difference? Seems to me like the active is a big reason to play Chinese.

That is why i said she needs an uevo.... right now she looks damn similar to pre-uevo Chinese girls.

I don't know, PDX loves to try to use Ama/Godin for absolutely everything too. :wat:

Sorry, here i'll play devil's advocate. When you face a descent for the first time you only care about 2 things: clearing it and dropping the boss. Ama/Odin, when viable, is the safest build to achieve that.

Once you have better teams or you feel more confident you switch to spike teams to save time, but the first time it's normal going for the safe way, especially considering the stamina cost for every wipe.

I myself always check first for Ama/Odin or Odin/Odin strategies when i face a descent for the first time. Not a viable strat? Karin comes out to play  :)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
how the f would someone luci alt dungeons

izanami spam

also potentially luci tpa later

edit: not actually tested, just the possible ways
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:31:48 PM by Chaore »

commandercool

• alter cool
Sorry, here i'll play devil's advocate. When you face a descent for the first time you only care about 2 things: clearing it and dropping the boss. Ama/Odin, when viable, is the safest build to achieve that.

Once you have better teams or you feel more confident you switch to spike teams to save time, but the first time it's normal going for the safe way, especially considering the stamina cost for every wipe.

I myself always check first for Ama/Odin or Odin/Odin strategies when i face a descent for the first time. Not a viable strat? Karin comes out to play  :)

Oh yes, it's not that I don't understand why people use that team. And to an extent I agree with it, pre-stamina buff. Scouting is a valuable thing, but the expectations it's created worry me a little. I know too many people who expect to always clear everything instantly because they'll only play extremely safe teams and then get mad when they can't. To a large extent the game designers' fault for putting that kind of strategy into the game, but I don't really approve of 100% safe teams. I play what basically is a stall team, I understand that not everyone wants to play mega-spike, but AmaGodin is too classically "cheap". I think it's bad for the game.

Obviously playstyles differ and goals differ, but when you say "the only thing that matters the first time is a guaranteed win" I can't get on board. Sometimes absolutely dominating at hard dungeons is fun for me, but a vast majority of the time I would rather comes extremely close to losing but just barely win in the end than win in a huge landslide. I play a lot of different games, from video to tabletop, and that's how I feel about all of them. Winning all of the time doesn't seem fun to me, and I can't really wrap my head around why it is for some people. If it's fun for you, great, I hope you have fun by all means. But I don't like or understand it most of the time.

BV
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:41:22 PM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool

izanami spam

also potentially luci tpa later

edit: not actually tested, just the possible ways

Might work for the nodupe ones I think, if light+blue lucis are used, but some of the enemies have massive HP and far from zero-defense amounts and TPA might not cut it. Ogres also hit for 110k+, and Diza will not save you from that.

If you have Izanami then you might as well use her as the leader for the alt dungeons since everything one hits you anyways :V

If you have Izanami then you might as well use her as the leader for the alt dungeons since everything one hits you anyways :V

rdj and I actually contemplated this in the pad IRC many times but we were running into some sub trouble.

EDIT: Also running into a Py is an instant game over

Bring Bane for Py lasering.

King Bubblie for Boss.

Then some kind of orb changer (Sieg/Gigas/Vamp)

and maybe a delay (batman?)

What happens if you're like me and encounter Py on wave 1 :V

(I had this happen to me TWO times, so the danger is very real)

then rip

Wow Challenge 8 actually gets easier the farther you go in. Floor 1 is wtf twinlits how I dont have any skills to fight with and floor 2 is oh god Noah why do you have so much HP oh you hit me for 99% of my HP in a 0 rcv dungeon okay.

From there though everyone has much less HP and can be one hit with a good combo since there's no RCV. There's a shitton of leader binding but Isis doesn't care about that at all :V
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 11:15:40 PM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool
Oh man, this next two days is one of those times in PAD where I have a ton of things I want to do but I can't fit them all in. Tomorrow is weekend dungeon with Sun Quan skillups coming right after (and he just got buffed such that he needs one more even than I was planning for), Hera-Is with the green orb I need for ultimate white Valkyrie (probably should be relatively low-priority, since I want her a lot less than blue Valkyrie) AND Ruins Of The Star-Vault. I guess the game could make this easy for me by giving me the green orb relatively quickly so that I can fit in other projects, but the following day is similar. Huh.

Guess I'm glad I've got a few stones. I was going to use them on the godfest, but I don't really want that much of it so maybe I'll just stone for stamina and do more things.

then rip

Yeah, that's basically the conclusion we came to. I think a Satan team might work, though, especially with his uvo boosting HP, and there are a few devils (notably Gryps and Beelzebub) that have double prongs.

Though I wonder if running rows would be smarter, since...well, Satan. :V

I think, really divided on this one but since the next rotation and the one after that are No Dupe Alt Dungeons, ONE Izanami might be okay. You just need to have at least 7708 HP and decent enough RCV, but that still raises the question of what team it'd even work with. I just know people are going to probably be running some slapped together shit for them so people are probably scrambling for options.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
I think, really divided on this one but since the next rotation and the one after that are No Dupe Alt Dungeons, ONE Izanami might be okay. You just need to have at least 7708 HP and decent enough RCV, but that still raises the question of what team it'd even work with. I just know people are going to probably be running some slapped together shit for them so people are probably scrambling for options.

How about Green SoniaxGreen Guan Yu?

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
So.  I finally got home, ran Challenge Dungon Lv. 5 and got my Blanc.  Only encountered ->one Bubpy<- in the whole stage and beat it with little hassle first go.

Wait, put down those pitchforks everybody!  Hold on!

* Jq1790 runs for dear life
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
So.  I finally got home, ran Challenge Dungon Lv. 5 and got my Blanc.  Only encountered ->one Bubpy<- in the whole stage and beat it with little hassle first go.

Wait, put down those pitchforks everybody!  Hold on!

* Jq1790 runs for dear life

Oh don't worry, I ran through pypocalypse with no problems too. Only 3 pys spawned, two of them in the same wave and all three were on a two-timer, so they were easy to deal with.

Like I mentioned previously, I only died once to Lilith because healer HP is shit and once to vamp duke because...

... Because I forgot LMeta's skill only activates when above 50% HP :colonveeplusalpha:

(though fortunately I realized that before it was too late)

commandercool

• alter cool
0/5 on spirit orb drops from Thoth And Sopdet so far, but I've got three more runs in me today without stoning and probably six with, so I still got chances. And if I don't drop one I won't be that upset, since it's probably going to be quite a while before we got the Valkyrie ultimates anyway, so I'll have more chances. The more I play this dungeon the more I like it. The only major problem I have with it is the potential for the first floor Rainbow Keeper, which is basically just an insta-loss for the team I'm using and seems like a bit of a fuck you. Hasn't come up yet though, so it's not too likely.

Also, my good I&I friends are still weirdly absent today. I think I have five or six hypermaxed ones, and of those one hasn't been online in almost a day and the other was only on very early in the morning and I missed them. The remaining ones were all on once briefly. Busy day I guess? Some of them are probably at work and won't be up for video games by the time they get home, so fair enough I guess.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
0/5 on spirit orb drops from Thoth And Sopdet so far, but I've got three more runs in me today without stoning and probably six with, so I still got chances. And if I don't drop one I won't be that upset, since it's probably going to be quite a while before we got the Valkyrie ultimates anyway, so I'll have more chances. The more I play this dungeon the more I like it. The only major problem I have with it is the potential for the first floor Rainbow Keeper, which is basically just an insta-loss for the team I'm using and seems like a bit of a fuck you. Hasn't come up yet though, so it's not too likely.

Also, my good I&I friends are still weirdly absent today. I think I have five or six hypermaxed ones, and of those one hasn't been online in almost a day and the other was only on very early in the morning and I missed them. The remaining ones were all on once briefly. Busy day I guess? Some of them are probably at work and won't be up for video games by the time they get home, so fair enough I guess.

I wish I could help you out, but I don't have enough people to justify changing mine to healer. I'm still kinda loyal to the 1 or 2 Hermes I still have on my list though. If my I&I goes healer, I'm going to miss them. Then again they only have a little less than 30 +eggs between them. They got sidelined when Kirin showed up. At least I'm still trying to skill her though.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Espadas

I know too many people who expect to always clear everything instantly because they'll only play extremely safe teams and then get mad when they can't.

Really? Well, that is definitely going overboard.

Obviously playstyles differ and goals differ, but when you say "the only thing that matters the first time is a guaranteed win" I can't get on board.

Well, "only" was probably an exaggeration but, at least for me, until i drop the boss that is definitely the main thing.

Sometimes absolutely dominating at hard dungeons is fun for me, but a vast majority of the time I would rather comes extremely close to losing but just barely win in the end than win in a huge landslide. Winning all of the time doesn't seem fun to me

Here i see it a bit different. I would love to win all the time (sadly i get smashed way too often  :V) IF the victories were because of my skill. Having everything handed to me without effort would be simply boring....

Oh, and i'm totally in the same boat with you about having too much to do! I need to farm mats because i'm totally out of Dub-Mythlit and Dragon Flowers, i need to farm jewels for future uevo, i need to farm gold for the coin dungeons, i need to farm Poring Island for skill-ups.... too bad i'm not willing to stone right before a godfest  :V
Decisions, decisions.....

EDIT: LOOL, "Poring Island"! Nostalgia too stronk..... obviously i meant Poring Tower :P
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:49:12 AM by Espadas »

Please enjoy my crappy coloring uuuuuuuu need more dubs uuuuuuu

I still don't have a combo/colorset based multiplier leader, let's see if the festo changes that so I can feel the orb troll burn powah. p.s. I'm bored so I'll draw for the fifth nonconsecutive post after this post their choice of pad waifu doing something lulzy.

Dammit I should have skilled up Doomsday while I had the chance. His active is so goddamn useful because every descend these days is filled with jammer and poison orbs. He's already saved my ass a ton of times and he isn't even maxed yet.

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
Please enjoy my crappy coloring uuuuuuuu need more dubs uuuuuuu

I still don't have a combo/colorset based multiplier leader, let's see if the festo changes that so I can feel the orb troll burn powah. p.s. I'm bored so I'll draw for the fifth nonconsecutive post after this post their choice of pad waifu doing something lulzy.

Is she going smoosh it? 

Is she going smoosh it?
WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
You inspired me to buy a thing.
Subject: Re: Sketch

I'd like Valkyrie from Puzzle and Dragons

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=694

Eating a stick of dangos, but the dangos are the Drops monster

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=185

P&D is one of those games where you fuse monsters, and the Drops are the skill-up monster for Valkyrie

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
Princess Punt Collab.
Lol, I played this once, but I stopped since I didn't like it.

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]