Author Topic: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 3.  (Read 84501 times)

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
Re: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 3.
« Reply #870 on: August 30, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »
If the Day phase ends before we get 8,
If that happens, rocks fall everyone dies
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

« Reply #871 on: August 30, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »
I saw BT online so *puts more pressure on BT to post even though he's probably already making one*

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #872 on: August 30, 2014, 04:30:38 PM »
I didn't miss the part on rawr claiming so much as how it cleared him so fast, but Raikaria kind of summed it up already for me in the QT so whatever.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #873 on: August 30, 2014, 04:35:38 PM »
I saw BT online so *puts more pressure on BT to post even though he's probably already making one*

BT and me are discussing events right now to catch BT back up and to decide where to proceed from here.

I'm guessing BT is gonna post soonish.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #874 on: August 30, 2014, 06:08:06 PM »
Gonna need some time to regroup and rethink but for now I've decided that I'm against lynching NNR. I'm also fairly against lynching Zakeri, and since those are the two biggest wagons this is kind of bothersome for me.

« Reply #875 on: August 30, 2014, 06:17:55 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Moridin

I think Moridin looks a lot worse than Serela atm.

« Reply #876 on: August 30, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
gdi bardiche why can't we lynch BT tomorrow. I mean I'm smelling a lot of bullshit from this neighborhood also but gosh darn it.

« Reply #877 on: August 30, 2014, 08:15:28 PM »
I'm going to switch my vote to NNR. He's a better target than Zakeri at this point. And it looks like we are going to have to decide on somebody.

##unvote
##vote NNR

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #878 on: August 30, 2014, 08:30:45 PM »
I would lynch BT over NNR simply because of the fact that he went along with the ITP=miller thing, which is terrible and which I can expect from Raikaria (crazy logic) and NNR (barely reading) but BT? Nope.
The gist of it was that NNR's claim and Dorian's claim were really unlikely to coexist, and NNR coming out with the claim in the first place more or less implied that he thought Dorian was bullshitting, ITP or not. I still don't get why all the fuss was raised back in page 22 (and is still being raised what) - I think Rai and NNR actually did a good job of explaining why we all went with it (it was more than just "claims"), but if there's particular parts that baffle you I could try and explain them. Maybe it's mostly a perspective thing. At the very least, the entire thread unanimously agreeing that the QT guys are idiots, when I'm not seeing it, makes me think that. Is it because of the late D2 posts? Because I barely skimmed those.

I don't know what went on in the QT exactly, but the issue is that it seems like he didn't put any effort into reigning in the madness.
I've been inactive in general, if I'm getting you here.

There's also the Promised Land Raikaria keeps dangling in front of our noses, which I don't get. If it's such a good role and BT wants to avoid Scum knowing about it, why would he tell Raikaria and NNR? I mean, if it's so important no one publicly knows, I'd think it's best no one knows at all, because there still exists a chance Raikaria is Scum with Neighbouriser powers. It just doesn't make sense for a secretive BT to spill the beans to someone of unknown alignment.
It's the reverse, my thread comment was just an instinctive reaction to Raikaria talking about the role. There was no reason to talk about it, so that's what I said. And I don't think Raikaria is scum.

So. I've mostly read the last third of the thread because that's the part I missed more or less.

Zak's posts suffer from convenient scumhunting syndrome. His actions in that timeframe are breaking down Oarfish and generally flowing with what's going on in the thread (NNR wagon, claimstuffs) when he's posting, both of which are attractive if you can't find something deeper as scum.

I admit, after reading and catching up on day three, my bucket list is starting to expand rapidly now.
I'm not seeing it. His promise to do ISOs hasn't actually covered the ground-less-treaded like I thought it would (Moridin, SB, Massaca? Polly even?) so the "effort" presented in the thread seems sourced from the need to -have something- instead of finally getting active and bringing opinions, because we'd then probably get those other opinions too instead of just the convenient ones.

He also has a feely opinion shift on Serela because they both had trouble forming reads, which I innately disliked because I disliked that entire sequence. Serela going from one read to the other until finally settling on NNR because of lack of scumreads is really unsettling because of the ease in which the scumreads got terminated. I'm trying to recall weak Serela town games but I don't think that's helping me reach a conclusion. He was doing fine earlier, so I guess it might actually be situational. Serela and friends just need to look at a slot and see how the evidence holds up all together.

rawr claim obviously puts him down a lot of priority notches, but then his play is driving me insane. The NNR vote was probably worse than Serela & Zak's in how it comes from nowhere - see his post directly preceding it about narrowing down scumreads (so interested in lynching scum and not ITPs) and it just feels like he has no regard for his own posts. In a way that goes beyond just not paying attention to the game, because you also have stuff like:

BT - i cant really remember what hes posted ill assume its good because other people are town reading him -sheep-
I'm pretty sure BT is lurk Scum also. Can't remember the game name but it was BT, huh what, and no name as the Scum team.
Bullshit indeed. >____> He's making up his own thoughts. There's no way that's town. Even if I go to lengths to imagine scum rawr scenarios, though, it's stuff like "there's a town WATCHER and rawr claimed tracker and got lucky" which I'm pretty sure I don't want to pursue. Very conflicted.

Those are the things that shot up to me. I'm gonna go read the Morrisons, SB and Polly now.

My take on NNR right now is that I wouldn't mind the lynch  but it'd mostly be curiosity because I think there's more details, or he's harmful altogether, because I still find it hard to believe his role and Dorian's would coexist. The thing that puts me off is what I said at the start of the post - all NNR has done points to how he does have a Dorian-like role. The only room for doubt is what he sprinkled in earlier in the thread about how he thought he might need to lynch Town Miller Dorian for his wincon too. I think I'll only really go with it if it's forced consolidation.

##Unvote
##Vote Zakeri

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #879 on: August 30, 2014, 08:34:14 PM »
Oh, yeah, I'm reading Oarfish too, though I'm also voteblocking him. As for magical promised D3 stuff... I'm thinking of ways to crumb it so N3 night actions have to take it into account, but for now, I'll talk about it when D4 comes around. Or maybe I'll announce it near deadline. I'll check right now, but I think I'll definitely wake up before deadline.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #880 on: August 30, 2014, 08:49:19 PM »
Which means I ain't gonna explain it either since BT has his own timeframe to explain the promised land.

I don't actually have much to add at this point. I'd rather see Zakeri lynched and NNR Vigged [Or ATTEMPTED to be Vigged]. Especially since if we Vig NNR he's still able to talk and is still anti-Red.

Although I'm not sure if Stump!NNR would still win. I guess it counts as dead.

Perfectly happy with lynching someone like SB or Mordin as well for general 'They've not really DONE anything by D3' reasons; but it's hard to actually scumhunt on these players because of their low content, and I don't think I'm going to be able to get that wagon moving.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #881 on: August 30, 2014, 08:53:12 PM »
This is Important (with capital I) and this is no joke.

Due to the personal reasons i won't be able to mod this game for the near future for some unspecified time. I'll be either putting it on hold or closing the game alltogether.
I'll post the details, when the matter in question is resolved more or less and when i'll be able to think clearly and not hate humanity in general.

I am not sure if Sky is able to mod it alone, but i guess i'll be forwarding to him all the files.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:54:56 PM by CF7 »
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #882 on: August 30, 2014, 10:46:08 PM »
Quite honestly, the mod is not that hard to lift out of the setup after all the weird role interactions and whatever are laid out so whoever takes their place knows how to resolve them during the night phase.

If you decide to put it on hold I can't really stop you (although I think it'd be unnecessary even if Sky can't handle doing the night phase himself; if you have to, just ask around the graveyard for someone to step up) but it'd be silly to terminate the game, so please don't.

In the meantime I'm not really sure if we're supposed to keep playing to the end of this day or not? (the end is really close after all)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #883 on: August 30, 2014, 11:42:54 PM »
If you advocate continuing play, continue play and assume deadline resolves as normal.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #884 on: August 30, 2014, 11:43:31 PM »
Also looks like PX is offering to take over, so there should be no question about continuing; we continue, unless we trigger RFED.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #885 on: August 31, 2014, 12:10:57 AM »
The game will continue. Either I will solo mod it (no problem, the game I'm running on MTF is about to end) or PX, if he was being serious, with the option for CF7 to take his show back when his situation improves.
I'll discuss with PX and CF7 about it. Please resume.

I'll be running the game unless/until PX or CF7 wish to say otherwise.  Let's go!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:17:37 AM by Sky_Paladin »
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #886 on: August 31, 2014, 12:55:07 AM »
Time till phase end?

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #887 on: August 31, 2014, 01:12:29 AM »
Votecount of the hungover mod saying thanks to Dorian for the previous vote count

Currently voting.
Conqueror (1): Anonymous.
Zakeri (4): Conqueror, Raikaria, NekoNekoRex, BT
Serela (1): SB
NNR (4): Dr Rawr, Serela, Zakeri, Moridin84
Moridin84 (1): Massaca, Polaris
Raikaria (1): Oarfish
BT (1): Just

Not voting
ActionDan

With 14 alive you need 8 votes to make a decision.

A little over ten hours remaining.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:15:59 AM by Sky_Paladin »
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #888 on: August 31, 2014, 01:15:36 AM »
Time till phase end?
10.5 ish hours
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140831T16&p0=166&msg=Day+3.

I'm not going to bed for a few more hours but after I do that's it. Debating whether I should change my vote or not; I don't really think Zak is scum but that's true for almost everyone in this game, unfortunately, and he's just about at the bottom of the "how reliable is this townread?" pole. I'd rather lynch NNR because relying on nightkills to take care of third parties is really likely to fail for several reasons, it's entirely possible he is not actually protown, and he's a distraction if nothing else.

But I'm having a hard time seriously justifying this when we're preeeeeetty sure we're not lynching scum if we lynch NNR, and given how events have gone, I think it's somewhat more likely he'll flip more or less true to his claims :/ Maybe I should just hope night actions take care of him after all.

Zak and NNR are both at L-4. People need to consolidate, hard. No majority is Rocks Fall Everyone Dies, and deadline is at one of the less likely times for having lots of people around AFAIK.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #889 on: August 31, 2014, 01:17:56 AM »
Serela, how do you feel about lynching Moridin :v

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #890 on: August 31, 2014, 01:19:39 AM »
well if I switched to moridin that'd be three votes on him

so that's a possible wagon although I don't really remember other people commenting on him much?

Polly could you restate why you think Moridin is scum, again?

« Reply #891 on: August 31, 2014, 01:25:11 AM »
Instead of looking for scum it looks like he's just waiting to see who everyone says is scummy and then voting them, and his reads seem like they're made up.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #892 on: August 31, 2014, 01:29:53 AM »
Thought it might have changed with the 'on hold' thing and just wanted to be sure.

Would consolidate on NNR but I still have no intention of voting Zak. Still get the scummiest feel from Moridin for reasons I've stated so I'd prefer that but yeah.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #893 on: August 31, 2014, 01:30:45 AM »
The hell happened to the promised event from Raikaria and BT anyway?

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #894 on: August 31, 2014, 01:32:48 AM »
Oh, yeah, I'm reading Oarfish too, though I'm also voteblocking him.
Wait what? Maybe I missed something but how can you be voteblocking im when none of got night actions?

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #895 on: August 31, 2014, 01:33:35 AM »
*voteblocking him when none of us got night actions.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #896 on: August 31, 2014, 01:37:08 AM »
Thank goodness moridin only posts in this thread, that makes it easier to just use his profile to iso him.

I... don't really agree, but just reading through posts to try and get a read on someone, whilst sounding like the most logical way to get a read, is actually the worst way for me to try to do anything D: Possibly because I can't help but get apathetic going through :wordswordswords: that I've already seen. I only work through touchy-feely and pointing out the obvious ;_; (And roleshens but that's a different matter) It's a little harder to read him also since this is the first time I've seen him... I guess him looking like he explains things fairly well to me could go either way.

Cuts:Considering BT has always seemed to announce mid-day when he does it, I imagine it's a day action, not a night action.

« Reply #897 on: August 31, 2014, 01:37:25 AM »
to put it another way regarding Moridin, it feels like he votes without caring about who gets lynched and there's none of that town genuineness like "argh is this person town or scum??" if you get what i mean?

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #898 on: August 31, 2014, 01:38:25 AM »
BT's Rawr quotes are things I could imagine doing as town.

Hey BT, you've claimed to voteblock all three days. How can you activate mysterious magic at the same time?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #899 on: August 31, 2014, 02:01:48 AM »
How can you activate mysterious magic at the same time?
????????