Author Topic: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 3.  (Read 84506 times)

Massaca

• すやぁ...
Re: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 3.
« Reply #780 on: August 29, 2014, 10:47:41 AM »
@ Bardiche,
Do you legitimately think Raikaria could be scum? Do you think there is/are scum in his QT?
Whoops, disregard the second bit, I forgot it's only him, NNR and BT at the moment, was thinking it was Rai and 3 others.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #781 on: August 29, 2014, 11:01:09 AM »
Yes I'm the third guy (this shouldn't need confirmation), no I'm not going to say what I'm doing. Raikaria should know why. Seriously.

I'll attempt to fully be in the swing of things by the end of the phase now that the heat is over.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
Re: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Night 2.
« Reply #782 on: August 29, 2014, 11:19:48 AM »
Vote count of the sky is prety drunk right now

Currently voting.
Conqueror (1): Anonymous.
Dr Rawr (2): BT, Zakeri
Zakeri (4): Moridin84, Dr Rawr, Conqueror, Raikaria
Serela (2): SB, Polaris
NNR (1): Just
Moridin84 (1): Massaca
Raikaria (1): Oarfish

With 14 alive you need 8 votes to make a decision.

Not voting
NekoNekoRex, ActionDan, Serela

A little over two days remaining.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #783 on: August 29, 2014, 11:53:18 AM »
Yes I'm the third guy (this shouldn't need confirmation), no I'm not going to say what I'm doing. Raikaria should know why. Seriously.

I know why just needed you to be; you know; here.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 1.
« Reply #784 on: August 29, 2014, 02:03:54 PM »
Also just in case, I would really appreciate it if we could wait until BT has confirmed he is Raikaria's neighbor, before any further wagoning.
You know, just in case.
There's really no good reason to lie about it, and even if Raikaria did want to for some reason, the moment BT read the thread he'd just go "uh, the fuck?" and Raikaria would be in a jam. Anyway BT already confirmed it by now anyway (even if sadly he hasn't made a contentpost for today yet ;_;)

Don't have time to do all the rereading I need to right now but I'll get to it after work today.

O4rfish's "case" against Raikaria is seriously grasping at straws though, and I'm starting to wonder if deciding o4rfish wasn't scum (...I did that in my reads post, right?) was wrong. Like... every now and then someone tries to bring up "Aha! But you probably were referencing something in your scum QT!" as a reason and it's never actually anywhere near being a good reason, nor does it end up being true in the end. And as far as I can tell it's the only reason O4rfish is voting Raikaria?

Like, sure the wording may imply Raikaria said it himself rather than just knowing due to having a rolepm, but "SO HE MUST HAVE SAID IT IN THE SCUM QT" is an extremely ill-justified reaction, especially in lieu of any other evidence.

I actually just went and iso'd Zakeri due to him being the main wagon and knowing there was little to reread. Yeah, his big contentpost on d2 is still basically the only thing. The general interaction analysis is pretty good but of course everyone remembers the headtilting vote on me, plus his later (and previous) posts aren't really anything much. Unfortunately, I also kind of agree with the "seems town because of role-related suspicion of Polly", but it's entirely possible as scum he could have he really done something to Polly (or the scumteam just rolecopped and figured out something easy enough to lie about) so it's probably not a very solid reason to clear him.

Oh god, I just realized how waffly my opinions are seriously becoming on everyone I'd consider voting right now ;_; Ugh. I haven't even gotten to Polly or Mor/Mas yet, but that's for later, since I have other things I need to do before work.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Touhou: Awareness of Color Mafia. Day 1.
« Reply #785 on: August 29, 2014, 02:09:10 PM »
(or the scumteam just Roleclopped and figured out something easy enough to lie about)
WHY DOES THIS WORD FILTER STILL EXIST
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #786 on: August 29, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »
If Raikaria dies and flips Scum, we'd quickly lynch BT and NNR. Don't think Scum would be THAT gutsy, especially after Schezo died.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #787 on: August 29, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »
QT-making scum has happened several times in motk before, but yeah I extremely doubt scum would claim to all be neighbors in a QT after one of them is nk'd night 1. Raikaria/NNR's interactions would be incredible if they were -both- lying scum (seriously) but there's no way.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #788 on: August 29, 2014, 02:43:44 PM »
QT-making scum has happened several times in motk before, but yeah I extremely doubt scum would claim to all be neighbors in a QT after one of them is nk'd night 1. Raikaria/NNR's interactions would be incredible if they were -both- lying scum (seriously) but there's no way.

Not to mention if we were both lying scum I wouldn't do something as stupid as to out NNR as a role incredibly miller-like; which draws suspicion to him; for the purposes of a miller mislynch.

I would have to have like a Doctorate in stupidity to do that.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Bardiche

« Reply #789 on: August 29, 2014, 02:47:18 PM »
What I want more than anything right now is see a damn flip so we have more information to go on. We haven't lynched anything yet this game.

Bardiche

« Reply #790 on: August 29, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
PS: lynch Zakeri for lurkscum

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #791 on: August 29, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
Dr. Dumbdumb has a nice ring to it.  So many walls.  So little time.

Pedit. Was the above post a sign?

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #792 on: August 29, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »
What I want more than anything right now is see a damn flip so we have more information to go on. We haven't lynched anything yet this game.

We lynched Dorian.

Bardiche

« Reply #793 on: August 29, 2014, 04:35:50 PM »
It didn't feel like a lynch, this game is that terrible.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #794 on: August 29, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »
Raikaria and Oarfish, please stop pushing for "scumslips" that people have made and look for actual scum intent in people's posts. Like, yeah it's possible the other one of you could be scum but if we lynched everyone for making assumptions or having out of thread knowledge we would lynch at least 4 or 5 info roles just in this game alone.

Serela's posts are still really underwhelming to me. Like, I get that you're busy but after you dropped Rawr I have no idea who he thinks is scum and it's just "I better ISO these people!" Eventually reads come but they're just waffles and I still don't really know who you suspect.

@Conq, I don't think having me in a PoE list is that weird because I have no idea why half of the game is townreading me when my opinions have been pretty weak for most of the game (until like yesterday) and I'm not involved in /roles/ at all? And if you don't know how to read Serela, what do you think of his Schezo interactions at least?

We lynched Dorian.

What analysis do you get from "the ITP said so"?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #795 on: August 29, 2014, 07:22:56 PM »
@mod I have to replace out

I would have stuck it out but this horrible tech repair company tells me today that I have to wait until tuesday.  At the earliest. To get my computer back after the tech guy told me friday morning

Don't lynch me.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #796 on: August 29, 2014, 08:04:25 PM »
Raikaria and Oarfish, please stop pushing for "scumslips" that people have made and look for actual scum intent in people's posts.

I only pushed once; and that was something that could legitimately have been a slip [Knowing Bard was Sakuya].

Other than that I've only called him out for grasping at straws; like Serela also did.

« Reply #797 on: August 29, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »
##Unvote: Rawr pretty overdue, but I didn't want to empty unvote and then go straight to bed.

I'm going to be leaving again tomorrow in the morning for another trip as well, and unlike the previous one I don't know if I'll be able to get internet access at all.

No, I mean, the info about you being blocked only showed up today, but Zak is implying his N1 result made him suspicious of you in light of that. A result that is apparently fine after the nokill on N1 but suddenly becomes suspicious after we know your action was delayed? Any info he had relating to you he would already have had N1, and the knowledge that you were specifically blocked would change nothing since given the nokill N1 he should have already made any connections then.

It's a little badly worded because roles are hard and rolegaming is harder, but I guess my point is that role-based suspicions are pretty easy to fabricate without backup.

Why are you making the assumption that my role based information has nothing to do with the fact that Chaore was blocked when Chaore being blocked was what made me suspicious of his slot?
That said, I've said I wanted to wait and see what happens because my role information is not strong enough to role-game with in the first place. I do still have a soft scum read on Chaore for active lurking as well, though nothing has yet jumped out to me in Polaris's posting that's scum intent.

I admit, after reading and catching up on day three, my bucket list is starting to expand rapidly now. I'd be up for a lynch on NNR now, and Bardiche's outburst involving rage against MotK's acceptance of ITP and claiming of to be one in response makes me want to get cheeky with him. That said, I realize this is overly emotional and a bad idea.

@Bard: it was ActionDan, of course it was for shits and giggles, there's no other reason to not lynch him in every game. Mentioning now because I got cut by his replacement request.

Oarfish's contributions are starting to look consistently scum-based. I remember the entire case on Dan based on how he claimed his role, and this follow up against Raikaria based on a slip and absolutely nothing else. Jumping on it once seems like over eager town, but consistently going after single things like this, even though we're effectively in only day 2, doesn't feel like he's town trying to point at suspect things more rather he's just sensationalizing things in the hopes of getting a mislynch. Going over his day 2 quickly since I don't have it written down in my notes:

330- Sheeps SB for a placeholder vote of Bard (Adds a "(just the tip)" which I'm taking to mean he announced it as a placeholder vote rather than his top pick.)
367, 369, 370, 372- lists suspicions against Raikaria which makes it easier to accept him wanting to vote Raikaria now, but it's really bad of how he tries to turn the act of not lynching dan into a defacto scum move just because Schezo did it. You can't forcefully clear everyone on a single wagon just because scum was on the other one.
378, 379- Schezo wasn't pushing a Dan no-lynch, he was complaining about how the day was wasted, which is just obligatory something-town-would-say content. I would say there's nothing wrong with looking at Pro-DanLynchers as scummy based on the fact that scum are likely to spread themselves out. it's likely to be a formation of 1-2-1 or 1-1-2 in prodan lynch, pro-nolynch, and non-voting.

in short, I really don't like Oarfish trying to go after Raikaria, nor any of the ways he's tried to go after Raikaria
That said, his 410 and 414 help change my opinion of him, even though all he comes up with it is Townreads of Serela and Bardiche.
Oarfish turns into a complete non issue for the rest of the day, even before BT Blocks his vote.

Re: Above - I wouldn't try to claim innocence on that, Raikaria, you did vote him for it without supplying extra reasoning after all.

For what it's worth Raikaria is the only one who I have a solid town read of to begin with. I agree that his using NNR's role to get the Miller Lynched is a really dumb and naive thing for him to do, but that's all it is.

I'm aware that I haven't voted for Oarfish yet but since I've switched gears into doing ISOs instead of jumbling everything together into one big list, I figure I could at least get a few more reads in than on two people before voting.

« Reply #798 on: August 29, 2014, 10:31:51 PM »
Edit: The trip will last until tuesday, so I'll be gone most of tomorrow, all sunday and monday, and then be able to post again on tuesday.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #799 on: August 29, 2014, 11:20:31 PM »
Why are you making the assumption that my role based information has nothing to do with the fact that Chaore was blocked when Chaore being blocked was what made me suspicious of his slot?

That said, I've said I wanted to wait and see what happens because my role information is not strong enough to role-game with in the first place. I do still have a soft scum read on Chaore for active lurking as well, though nothing has yet jumped out to me in Polaris's posting that's scum intent.
The role info thing was in response to Polaris saying it gave him a town read on you. And I'm saying that I can't think of a situation where Chaore being blocked would make him any more suspicious than he already was in light of your own role info. I'm making this conclusion in tandem with my own role info I got from Chaore's slot. Either way let's deal with the role situation if it pops up; it wasn't really the focus of what I was saying about you anyway.

@SB it's more the fact that you're a good deal townier than some of the people that Zak removed from his bucketlist and I was interested in seeing how Zak got to that final list. I'm not putting much stock into the Schezo/Serela interaction given it was from Schezo to Serela and the interaction was minimal. It could be suspicious but it could just be Schezo poking at a townie. Although looking at that interaction again makes me want to lynch Moridin less. And Massaca. I'm not sure if Schezo would mix up his own buddies like that. About Serela's play in itself, I don't have a solid town read on him, but that's all I could say. I guess I could vote him, but I'd have to figure out why I think he's scum first. :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #800 on: August 29, 2014, 11:39:28 PM »
do you mean kimochi warui b/c if yer gonna japanese at least japanese properly
also i meant kimoi warui so c: neither.

I really want to slam Zak for pushing on Oarfish, but I can't really explain why I think oarfish is town even though I disagree with everything oarfish is saying right now. Though I think I'll debunk Oarfish's latest post on Raikaria that pointing out that quicktopic and the forum look very different and it would be almost impossible to mix up the two. I've seen people accidentally post pms to the mod in thread but not qt discussion.

I'm pretty sure Oarfish was like this when he was Snidely Whiplash though and in all the other games I've seen him in, in which he was town. And at the very least his own internal logic seems to be consistent. So I'm a bit wary of people trying to dissect Oarfish with post by post logic and vote him for it. Particularly I want to see what Zak comes up with in his upcoming posts.

Jumping on it once seems like over eager town, but consistently going after single things like this, even though we're effectively in only day 2, doesn't feel like he's town trying to point at suspect things more rather he's just sensationalizing things in the hopes of getting a mislynch.
Like, stuff like this in Zak's case feels like empty words. Why is what oarfish doing "sensationalizing things" instead of "pointing at suspect things?" What would be the townie way for him to point out what he thinks is scummy about Raikaria?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #801 on: August 30, 2014, 12:15:40 AM »
I guess the real difference is that I don't think any of the things he's pointing about Raikaria are actually suspect, so it feels sensationalized as a result of him acting like they are.
I can't think of a town way of going about it other than not doing it to begin with, but if he is town and his suspicions are real, I don't know what could be changed.

« Reply #802 on: August 30, 2014, 12:27:59 AM »
kimoi is an abbreviation of the phrase kimochi warui so you're just saying kimochi warui warui B(

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #803 on: August 30, 2014, 02:07:17 AM »
I don't like "scum must be really ballsy" arguments, because you can just look at the results.

ActionDan "must be really ballsy" to put a PR on himself as scum, therefore majority of players claim he is Town.
What actually happened? We didn't lynch him, and his twitterposting has gone unchallenged.

Raikaria "must be really ballsy" to out his scumbuddies, therefore his slips get a pass.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #804 on: August 30, 2014, 02:12:44 AM »
NNR "must be really ballsy" to counterclaim a Town Miller, therefore we shouldn't lynch him
in addition, he "must be really ballsy" to out himself as an ITP, therefore his wincon is benign
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #805 on: August 30, 2014, 02:29:58 AM »
Raikaria "must be really ballsy" to out his scumbuddies, therefore his slips get a pass.
It's not ballsy, it'd be retarded. The moment Raikaria flipped the entire scumteam would lose.

Going to make an actual post in a bit.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #806 on: August 30, 2014, 02:32:01 AM »
actiondan's failure to be meaningful sucks but considering he's replacing out it seems likely "I have no computer to play mafia with" isn't just some lame excuse. It's kind of hard to not hold it against him but the situation there is gross no matter how you look at it. I'm just kind of glad there's a decent reason to clear him since otherwise it'd be a total crapshoot.

« Reply #807 on: August 30, 2014, 03:04:40 AM »
In terms of game-relevant posts for today, Moridin's last post is ugh because he says he thinks O4rfish is mafia, but says his priorities after Zakeri are Rawr/NNR, and doesn't mention Rawr's claim (the only reason why he stopped being a wagon in the first place), and also waffles on Serela who I think is scum, so. Basically the reasoning behind that list is hard to follow, so Moridin isn't looking very good because of it.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #808 on: August 30, 2014, 03:14:40 AM »
Well I relooked over Polly and the two new people who start with M, and I don't think any of them are scum either >.> They all articulate their thought processes pretty well and all look legit to me, they have original insights on things, etc. At this point I'd have to PoE BT as scum just because he's been lurking too much to have a town read even if the posts are fine when he does make them. (After O4rfish and Zakeri, even though... I'm not really sure on them either.)

This is, uh, really uninspiring. It's not surprising I'm getting blamed for not really pushing my votes or not seeming to believe in them very hard myself, because I actually really don't. I went from basically voting lurkers to now just plain not really having anything, since Rawr has a solid claim and Zak has done some things that lightly imply he should be town.

I'd lynch O4rfish over Zak, though, I can say that much.

##Vote O4rfish

« Reply #809 on: August 30, 2014, 03:15:48 AM »
did you just say moridin articulates his thought process pretty well ?_?