Author Topic: NSP Mafia - Game Over  (Read 60329 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: NSP Mafia - Night 4
« Reply #570 on: August 15, 2014, 07:31:10 AM »
Also if you two can try and prove the other is scum [or that you are town] instead of just pointing at each other and saying 'well it has to be you' it would help me.

I'm the swing vote. Convince me. I'll be trying to convince myself too. I ain't gonna make a decision today, probobly gonna read and think this over multiple times and ask questions about stuff which comes up.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #571 on: August 15, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
Shadoweh... why have you just been hiding away like; 90% of the game? You've been far less active than usual, not really contributing to much.
Also you claimed Vanilla; right Shadoweh?
The short story is I've been busy irl.
The long story is I don't like bringing up irl excuses so I haven't been mentioning things like moving, working, etc.

I don't think I haven't been contributing. I mean, everything that's happened has been narrowed down because of roles, not posts. Admittedly I wasn't posting much at first, mostly because it didn't seem like it mattered and despite my vanilla frapness half of the rest of people had an auto-win on hand. At this point I'm honestly surprised that it didn't come down to you and that DNA really is that crazy as both alignments. <_<

##Vote: Polaris

Check it out, I'm on my computer now, as evidenced by my transition from OS X to Windows B) (although I was using Chrome on my iPad, so I dunno why it says Safari.)

I don't like having to waste time defending DNA's actions, but I figure this deserves a mention. DNA was saying Skypal was "townie obvtown" in his D2 opening post because Skypal had just done Announcer shenanigans overnight.
This is what I was drawn to when thinking over why Sky would use an Announce over a Rolecop. Somehow I don't think Polaris talked to DNA, so he probably saw that DNA and Sky had an idiot plan in their QT to confirm each other that got ruined when an actual PR decided to follow Sky anyways. It was actually a decent bet that Sky wouldn't be targetted if you think back on it, DNA outright said he was going to target Sky as a copish role. Considering the two of them nearly got quicklynched seperately (and it makes sense that both lynches failed because the scumteam weren't working together on them), and considering their uh, very good and unique ideas about gambits, a half-assed gambit that goes just far enough to confirm Sky without making it DNA's fault if Sky is actually scum isn't out of the question.

Actually this is what Bard was arguing for and I told him was nonsense. <_<  :smokedcheese:
You realize if I were actually scum I was literally arguing for my own loss by not agreeing and hammering Polly-kun in the face, right? I was pushing more then anyone to stick to The Plan because I really thought it would just be over before it came to this.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #572 on: August 15, 2014, 02:48:13 PM »
So I can only post from my phone now. Yay!

Since I'm too lazy to make a separate post about it, hurray! I got a UR on SIF! Can't believe it's a UR Umi though :V I feel so unoriginal

It's hard to "prove" Shadoweh is scum because I thought she was town up until now, and the only reason I have is PoE. Anything else would just be retroactively suspicious.

As for why DNA would lie as town, I'm reminded. Ttof Serela lying about being the cop because he wanted to draw the nightkill. Since DNA basically claimed pseudocop, maybe he was thinking the same thing.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #573 on: August 15, 2014, 06:06:26 PM »
Still mulling stuff over. No new questions as of now.

I'll make a decision tomorrow evening. I just want to think this over. I thought both of you were town.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #574 on: August 16, 2014, 06:07:45 AM »
Tomorrow evening? -.- You can't be serious, get your ass back in here!
It's hard to prove that I'm scum because I'm tee-own-ie Townie Town.
Polaris doesn't care about proving anything because he knows he's practically got this won already and doesn't need to work for his win. If he really had confirmation bias he'd be able to go back and look at all my posts and go oh look, a laundry list of evil, instead of having the exact same feelings from before vote.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #575 on: August 16, 2014, 11:17:24 AM »
You know what? Screw it. I've made up my mind.

I can't see a real reason Shadoweh can be scum other than her inactivity. Meanwhile Polaris has the fact that his claimed role is 'pointless visitor' which is the exact same as my claimed role; and DNA lied about his role as well. He could have not blocked N1 and claimed blocked to try and selfclear or something. I don't know.

And then there's pretty much what Bard said D3.

And I can't exactly justify not lynching Polly because bussing because me and SB did that exact same thing last game as scum.

If Shadoweh is scum; so be it. It's just a lesson to MotK Town to lynch lurkers. But Shadoweh hasn't really done anything that seems anti-town while Polaris/DNA have,

#Vote: Polaris

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #576 on: August 16, 2014, 11:51:37 AM »
lets wait for the flip, gg
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

« Reply #577 on: August 16, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
Polaris was lynched! he was the Town Visitor Gay Ninja #2. Unfortunately his character never did anything interesting but lift his pecs and hump people so he couldn't really argue anything in his favor.

Raikaria was endgamed, he was Zan Alda, the Town 2-shot Fruit Vendor who also didn't really do anything in NSP videos but being inappropiately naked in public.

Shadoweh has won the game!. She was Danny Sexbang the Mafia Roleblocker, A.K.A the Unicorn Wizard and the dude responsible for this mafia game existing in the first place. Congrats!

Scum QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/JfHnaWXTKyf
Graveyard QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/ZuwTYNhNcrGf

Special thanks to Polaris for subbing into a fakeclaiming slot and to Bard for subbing in and still paying attention to the game despite his IRL circumstances.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Re: NSP Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #578 on: August 16, 2014, 02:20:51 PM »
My own thoughts QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/ke5rkHthqVw

Cant really be helped town lost this, I accurately readed everybody's alignment and was trying to lie around the town collective for the win but unfortunately bard made me snap.

EDIT: Bardiche, your rage is delicious, mostly because I have the full knowledge all this time that you are on a completely wrong trail and is completely emotionally motivated to hatepost and scumread me all the way even to the graveyard, despite my fakeclaim itself being a blatantly anti-scum move to make. I am confident in my reads and it would've carried us easily to victory if you didn't launch a swarm of subtly aggravating posts to annoy me. I guess its now water under the bridge since the game is over so I am gonna clamp up. But either way I hope this game will act as a future reminder to you that your decisions are not as just as you think they are.

And this game also acts as a reminder to me why you shouldn't take mafia too seriously. I just wanted to bypass the inevitable Raikaria-in-control-of-LyLo scene from occuring because that equals to an obvious lost. Despite me being correct in every clear I handed out, despite me being correct in every read I handed out and despite me providing the lynch order that would have led us to victory if you had simply listened to me, you scumreaded my slot for being easily the biggest contributor next to BBM. I don't understand, Raikaria and Bard, please teach me how to claim (read).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:31:00 PM by Darkninjaabc »

Re: NSP Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #579 on: August 16, 2014, 02:27:49 PM »
I really had hopes that town could win this game. Sigh.

Just kidding, I can't afford to have you get another confirmed town/detective result.

I feel this fragment pretty much confirmed Shadoweh as Paladin's scumbuddy. If Paladin really wanted to avoid having a townie scan as town he wouldn't go and say that Shadoweh was confirmed town himself, since that's precisely the information he'd want to conceal.
Not considering this because of possible WIFOM would is wrong since Paladin had to act as quickly as possible to avoid having the result outed, so it's not likely that he'd think of concealing information in complex ways.

Junko, you played super well. I hope you keep this up <3

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #580 on: August 16, 2014, 02:39:47 PM »
This reminds me of last game.

Don't lynch me.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #581 on: August 16, 2014, 02:41:08 PM »
Had I known what you would've done tbh I would've just gone with your lynch D1 so we didn't have to put up with this shit. You don't fakeclaim as town unless you have a very good idea of what you're doing and are trying to get out of it and even then doing dumb things like confirming players who's alignments you're unsure of is a horrible idea. This isn't even getting into the conduct issues either. Saying like "Raikaria in LYLO = obvious loss" is also generally dickish and if you hadn't blatantly lied about what your role was I'm pretty sure Shadoweh would've been PoE'd easily (not to take away from her win, considering she needed 4 MLs to get there she did well to get it!) but that just kind of fucked up the game. Really.

I want to yell at Raikaria for that vote but tbh I can't really blame him for what DNA did so eh (but I can be sad that you blocked the D1 scumwagon WHY.) Polly was super townie though so uh rip ;_;

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #582 on: August 16, 2014, 02:50:30 PM »
Had I known what you would've done tbh I would've just gone with your lynch D1 so we didn't have to put up with this shit. You don't fakeclaim as town unless you have a very good idea of what you're doing and are trying to get out of it and even then doing dumb things like confirming players who's alignments you're unsure of is a horrible idea. This isn't even getting into the conduct issues either. Saying like "Raikaria in LYLO = obvious loss" is also generally dickish and if you hadn't blatantly lied about what your role was I'm pretty sure Shadoweh would've been PoE'd easily (not to take away from her win, considering she needed 4 MLs to get there she did well to get it!) but that just kind of fucked up the game. Really.

I want to yell at Raikaria for that vote but tbh I can't really blame him for what DNA did so eh (but I can be sad that you blocked the D1 scumwagon WHY.) Polly was super townie though so uh rip ;_;
Anyone willing to look beyond the fact that I lied in order to save my skin D1 would know what I am town, and same thing applies to Polaris.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #583 on: August 16, 2014, 03:03:51 PM »
I think you (DNA) did ok for your initial gambit but you were stuck in circles when you didn't complete your circle. You never actually confirmed me as town, which people beleived because of your claim (except Bard who saw the lie a day too late). You needed to come out honest at some point. You may have been mislynched anyway at some point but it would have happened earlier and not at this critical point.

You also need to control your temper and not insult the other players. Get off Bards back. He was completely right about your fake claim and calling him names when he was correct does not reflect well on you.

Edit: also I'll echo Mitsuki on two points. My hammer was done badly, I should have just hammered and said nothing. My ego wouldn't let me just fall on my sword without being dramatic in some way. A point to improve on I guess.

Junko WAS amazing and if this is the same Junko I wanted to throttle from SF you improved many folds since I last saw you.
Junko was spot on with their reads from day 1. Good thing they couldn't talk :D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:07:26 PM by Sky_Paladin »
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

ActionDan

« Reply #584 on: August 16, 2014, 03:10:55 PM »
I was surprised that that picture restriction was real.

Don't lynch me.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #585 on: August 16, 2014, 03:11:32 PM »
I concede that my insult was uncalled for. But I disagree with how fakeclaims are inherently bad, fakeclaiming is as legit a tatic as bussing and rolespec and any other options you take to win the game. Regrettably this fakeclaim turned out to be disastrous because I raged myself out of the game and it wasn't followed through, but to complain in hindsight when town let themselves be blinded by their bias against fakeclaims and voted unreasonably is primarily town's fault, not mine.

« Reply #586 on: August 16, 2014, 03:14:40 PM »
Oh yeah, reading Junko quote huge wallposts by Skypal and then post the Godfather picture and nothing else was the funniest thing this game. I'm so glad I threw that restriction. It was originally meant to cover only gif usage, but I figured that might get annoying at some point so I allowed regular picture use as well.

Let this be a lesson though, if you have a day ability and need to get results, never announce that you've used it until you actually get those results, that would've changed the entire game and given town a perfect no-town-lynches record for this game.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #587 on: August 16, 2014, 03:20:49 PM »
Damnit; forgot that potential slip by Sky; he stated he was targeting Shadoweh.

Sorry town.

DNA; I'll let you know you are barred from any of my future games [As I hinted in-game about your claim being something handled out of game]. The fakeclaim was horribly anti-town, as was your insistence to stick to it after you claimed roleblocked, which should have resulted in your death, and your behavior was unacceptable.

I mean; if you had said 'Yeah guys I got roleblocked and I lied to draw a roleblock to me' D2 instead of sticking with your claim I'd be fine with it. But you didn't. And that combined with your behavior frankly doesn't make me want to play mafia with you again.

And this is why we lynch lurkers people.

But hey; can't win 3 games in a row. Now can I?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:27:47 PM by Raikaria »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #588 on: August 16, 2014, 03:22:39 PM »
>Scum Shadowy
>Makes it to 3P
>And wins

???!?!?!?!??
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

ActionDan

« Reply #589 on: August 16, 2014, 03:39:47 PM »
It's hard to believe

Don't lynch me.

« Reply #590 on: August 16, 2014, 04:23:54 PM »
I had a dream where Raikaria lynched Shadoweh and town was led to victory!!! So I knew we lost.

ActionDan

« Reply #591 on: August 16, 2014, 04:26:32 PM »
Raikaria aren't you in Britain.   

Don't lynch me.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #592 on: August 16, 2014, 05:42:45 PM »
Quote from: DNA
wait isn't what i am doing essentially what scehzo did? man nnr's gonna be pissed as fuck
This didn't actually cross my mind until I opened up this game over thread to make a post (I still believed deep down in you being scum), but man, you are right on the money of what I wanted to say now.

Also stop relying on my meta from earlier games, my depression makes my quality of play extremely variable right now.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:49:43 PM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #593 on: August 16, 2014, 05:51:43 PM »
Cant really be helped town lost this, I accurately readed everybody's alignment and was trying to lie around the town collective for the win but unfortunately bard made me snap.
But I disagree with how fakeclaims are inherently bad, fakeclaiming is as legit a tatic as bussing and rolespec and any other options you take to win the game. Regrettably this fakeclaim turned out to be disastrous because I raged myself out of the game and it wasn't followed through, but to complain in hindsight when town let themselves be blinded by their bias against fakeclaims and voted unreasonably is primarily town's fault, not mine.

If you're willing to take the route of fakeclaims, you can't blame other people if they catch on to the fact that your fakeclaim doesn't add up and get mad at them for not realizing you're fakeclaiming. Also, fakeclaims are only really "legit" when they're used as supplements to your own role to catch scum, or maybe as "reaction tests". Using them the way you did (fake claiming cop D1 to draw roleblock/nightkill and then refusing to retract the claim when presented with contradictions so it led to a huge distraction for town) only works until the game where a town cop counterclaims you, and then you get lynched and the cop dies overnight. I like Polly's example of Doc!Serela fakeclaiming Cop to ~*draw the nightkill*~, except the cop softcounterclaimed him and Serela got turbolynched when the real cop died.

Also, mafia is a team game. Reading other people correctly is only half the battle, and that's only useful if you can present your thoughts in a way that doesn't confuse/piss off half the game.

(That said, people asking for motivation of why DNA would lie as town just have to read all of DNA's posts elsewhere. Also, sustained scum-scum wagons d1 with no counterwagon when there are only 2 scum and the scum are counterbussing is pretty unbelievable.)

Edit: NNR's ragequit was also what. If you think your counterwagon was the other scum why would you hammer yourself over him? :V

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

« Reply #594 on: August 16, 2014, 06:09:10 PM »
gg shadoweh. i just think i messed up when i realized the daycop only lasted for that PHASE. So I had to hurry up.personal points to me for voting only scum the entire game I guess the only complaint i had was (didn't really read the game much when i realized zak was going to die so this may not be correct), but the only complaint i had was somehow shadoweh seemed to get a freepass for doing nothing but somehow zak was scum for doing nothing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 06:29:27 PM by pokemon123 »
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #595 on: August 16, 2014, 06:16:45 PM »
^When a criminal commits a crime, they don't think of the consequences that entails. This analogy also works when DNA snaps at mafia because of agitation, he obviously is not going to rationally consider the impact on the game afterwards because it was no longer a logical decision, but that DNA is angry.

Moreover, after I got forcesubbed out Polaris still played magnificently well. I feel that Polaris is not getting the credit he deserves for managing to straighten out the claim, not getting lynched afterwards and being extremely townie obvtown (at least from my perspective) by actively scumhunting and considering new perspectives of interpreting the roles. Admittedly it is a tragedy that Raikaria was in charge of LyLo, for he failed to consider the D1 scum standoff being impossible (as noted by conqy), failed again to consider the role implications of the tracker and failed a third time by displacing the blame on me (who honestly, matters less at that point) and went on with the silly hammer. But hey, it cant be helped.

also i couldn't care less about your modding raikaria when you are degrading this queue system and any future games you host to petty vengeance on players you dont like. Let me remind you that I have a choice to play games, and I chose not to play yours. Q.E.D.

I did one stupid thing, it was to snap at bard's accusations and went completely nuts with my rebuttals, that in turn got me probated and kicked out of the game and everything went wrong afterwards. However, I would like to remind everyone who played or watched this game that I am NOT the perfect player. Polaris did fantastically well and town has no excuse (or more like, Raikaria) for ignoring everything Polly did in favour of a lurker. It was a wrong decision, and it was not my fault. End of story.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #596 on: August 16, 2014, 06:27:12 PM »
Edit: NNR's ragequit was also what. If you think your counterwagon was the other scum why would you hammer yourself over him? :V
I couldn't hammer him, Bard unvoted and I was the only other player with a vote down on him.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #597 on: August 16, 2014, 06:44:24 PM »
DNA you are also banned from any games I host btw, and in fact I will flat out refuse to play in any game in which you are also playing until you learn what you did wrong.

Town can fakeclaim; I've done it several times. But there has to be a reason for it, and you have to know WHEN TO END THE FAKECLAIM. You don't keep going on with it to the point of introducing fake clears and generally fucking town up. And then when you make a mistake, at the end of the game, you admit it. You don't keep pretending like you were town MVP and Raikaria was the reason we lost when in fact it was you. Literally the only thing you said that I agreed with was that Polaris played well.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #598 on: August 16, 2014, 06:55:05 PM »
Well that's your call, I plan to take a long break from mafia either way so it does not matter the least to me. I would ask you to elaborate on your rationale behind how it is my fault instead of Raikaria's, who was in charge of the hammer at the time. Because I dont understand the least bit of it. And sorry for fakeclaiming if thats what you want.

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #599 on: August 16, 2014, 07:10:28 PM »
If you'd come clean on D3 and admitted that you were faking and that you'd done it to draw scum's kill/hooker away, it would have been fine. Instead you decided to continue with a fake clear and a roleclaim that didn't make sense in the setup... why? It distracted most of town's efforts on D3 to arguing about you instead of arguing about who was scum. Raikaria chose wrong, yes, but can you blame him when you fucked up your claim so badly that better players than him (Bard, NNR) were EVEN MORE WILLING than him to discount the fact that your interactions with Sky were town?

That's why you were the biggest reason town lost. But I've been town LVP before (and my play aside from correctly suspecting and tracking Sky wasn't good this game either). You're being blacklisted because you're an asshole who can't admit mistakes.