Author Topic: NSP Mafia - Game Over  (Read 61295 times)

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Re: NSP Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2014, 06:41:16 PM »
also i completely disagree with your interpretation of d1 and my claim but since you need some chill lets just chill
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2014, 06:42:25 PM »
Girls, you're both pretty.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
I am doing the best I can to scumhunt and I have not been very good at scumhunting for the past god-knows-how long, I admit. That's probably why I am Not Bard and won't get auto-town status for existing.

Continue your endless criticism of my posts if you want, I'm just going to ignore it and keep trying.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #273 on: August 06, 2014, 07:04:20 PM »
I'm flattered everyone seems to think so highly of me, but when it comes down to actually catching red-coloured scum, my track record here isn't so great. Too many MOTKisms that aren't suitable for scumhunting yet a staple favourite of MOTK Town.

« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »
I wanted to get involved in active discussion as a means of compromising between not wanting to read thousands of words at once and being a participant in this game, but of course I find I'm back to square one again since nobody responded between when I posted and when I checked before going to bed.

I was hoping for a reply form Raikaria about the thing I actually questioned him, rather than ignoring the question. I know he ignored it too, because he responded to the post my question was in by trying to pull up role shenanigans as a defense. I'm certain there are more ways in which your role is not-actually conformable that don't involve you having three different actions to perform in a single night.

I still have a bead that Raikaria might just be BSing reads, particularly his late day one read on sky, and I'd rather not drop it just because he's claimed a super-magical-vanilla role.

Quote from: BBM 235
I have never known Weak roles to die upon being roleblocked. Yes it is possible that DNA is scum faking but why on earth would he as scum even include that he dies upon failing his result
This is true. Scum would be foolishly limiting themselves if they claimed a role that results in them getting NKed, I don't think in the grand scheme of fakeclaims that a Weak role would be one of the things you think of much less go through with.

I feel weird about the Town/Null reads I'm getting on myself, since I don't feel like I'm playing super stellar this game, as evidence by the fact that this is my second post of day 2. I would probably be much more interested in doing an actual super read of the game when Sky flips - as noble as it is to info dig today, I feel like a lot of the game depends on being able to cite his actual role rather than just trying to ignore his huge posts.
Speaking of huge posts, I feel like Sky might be intentionally inflating his posts because he knows it'll just make everyone want to gloss over it. It actually makes for a good obfusation tactic since it makes people have the gut reaction of calling him town to avoid having to discuss the posts.

NNR is too cute for this world.

I feel like I haven't commented on DNA at all, but I don't think there's much that needs commenting other than I don't think he'd make the best vote target. Everyone feels so far behind Sky and Raikaria in those terms. It's probably not going to be nearly as easy as this sounds, though.

Just read through the recent slapfight between DNA and NNR and I'd have to take DNA's side. If NNR is town (And I'm not saying he can't be) Then it shouldn't be that much of a problem to actually calm down and look at the points he's making and why they are bad points. Most of NNR's responses are sweeping generalizations, and do nothing to point out why any of DNA's posts or cases against him are bad from NNR's perspective. If they really are as bad as he says they are, it should be easy to dismantle the cases piece by piece instead of offering a token response to one thin piece and claiming all of the other points are just as bad.

« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2014, 10:23:13 PM »
No change in the votecount. You have 19.5 hours remaining.

Also BBM has been prodded.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #276 on: August 06, 2014, 10:45:22 PM »
I was hoping for a reply form Raikaria about the thing I actually questioned him, rather than ignoring the question. I know he ignored it too, because he responded to the post my question was in by trying to pull up role shenanigans as a defense.

I missed it. I got lost in all the walls and DNA posts and stuff. I woke up this morning and there was a load of stuff and I missed it. My bad. I probobly saw it, quoted your post for reference of 'stuff I want to respond to' and then missed that there were two things in your post by the time I got to it.

Re 152: So was your only reason for not voting Sky the fact that Sky was being voted for by the person you thought was most likely to be scum?
Also the only person you though was likely to be town was Junko/Pokemon?

Pretty much that. I thought SB was scum because of the weird circumstances where he voted for Sky, and therefor, when presented the option of two people I felt almost evenly about, I decided it would be best to take the action that my strongest scumread was not taking.

Why try and lynch the person that the person you think is the scum is attempting to lynch? How in any way is that a town action? It turns out I was wrong, but hey, I was wrong. If you want to lynch me over being wrong, go ahead. I don't really have a counter-argument to being wrong, because I wholly embrace that fact.

He was the only strong townread. I had a mild townread on BBM as well but not strong enough to outright say 'BBM is town'. I don't like giving out townreads unless I am very confident in them; since saying 'I think this guy is town' is like painting a target on their backs saying 'Town trusts me so you should kill me scum'.

Which is why I'm confused about why SB died; by the way. No-one seemed to especially value him as a townie.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #277 on: August 06, 2014, 10:48:14 PM »
Oh, and the only think reading the DNA/NNR slapfight is giving me at the current time is a headache. It's not really changing my stance on either of them other than me wanting to knock their heads together.

I'll probobly read it again later when it's not almost midnight. [Not being able to sleep sucks]

Slapfights are for D1. This is D2.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2014, 11:41:37 PM »
I strongly disagree with Darkninjaabc that I somehow made "massive blunders". Bardiche does not make blunders. I don't consider catching up with the game after subbing in D2 to be a "massive blunder". Posting what I have after spending the night reading shit trumps "hurr durr roles".
If DNA knew how to be agreeable there wouldn't still be people arguing with him when he's most likely town. Although this day phase dragging because of it can't be helping. Making massive blunders about what's going on isn't really a scumtell either when there's enough scum to talk to each other left, so etc.

Before I forget, the thing about NNR's vote, it doesn't really matter to me I was voting there too, I'm pretty sure I already know my alignment (and Junko's already settled on confirming that somehow. Three investigative is a lot, so I really want to see if we have an actual scum or not. Have I mentioned we need a flip lately?) I supose it'd be a little strange for both of them to pile at once on the same person instead of trying to fan out wagons though.

In fact, seeing as people are resorting to throwing insults at each other, we should just stop stalling and lynch now. It'll be less frustrating tomorrow when votes on someone not comf-scum actually mean something again. Along with another round of results (Junko hasn't implied their whatever is a day action, if they have something to use before day end they should probably just say so?) If not, we're stalling on three investigators when there are literally three likely suspects. Unless we start randomly lynching clears I don't think it's possible to lose.

##Vote: Sky Paladin

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #279 on: August 07, 2014, 12:07:37 AM »
urghh i misread my role pm and thought i would have this ability forever.
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2014, 12:08:13 AM »
urghh i misread my role pm and thought i would have this ability forever.

okay so yeah using it today

Bardiche

« Reply #281 on: August 07, 2014, 12:09:24 AM »
Cut. I was gonna post announcing intent to hammer and how I dislike both Zakeri and Shadoweh from a game perspective, but let's wait for pokemon123 to stop hinting and start doing.

« Reply #282 on: August 07, 2014, 12:10:43 AM »
so i'm basically a 1 shot daycop. used it on shadoweh

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #283 on: August 07, 2014, 12:17:46 AM »
I just lost my entire post. 

Anyway this is where I was going to say 'if I was scum I would self-hammer to stop you from finding my scum buddy/buddies' but I'm not scum, so yeah. 

Going to rewrite from scratch ugh.
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #284 on: August 07, 2014, 12:20:42 AM »
^ Someone unvote to prevent that please.

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #285 on: August 07, 2014, 12:20:55 AM »
Just kidding, I can't afford to have you get another confirmed town/detective result. 

Tee hee, it's been fun.

Good job SB, see you in the gyard. 

##unvote
##vote Sky_Paladin
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

« Reply #286 on: August 07, 2014, 12:52:28 AM »
HAMMER SHUT UP

« Reply #287 on: August 07, 2014, 01:00:03 AM »
Skypal (5): BBM, DNA, Raikaria, Shadoweh, Skypal (LYNCH!)
Raikaria (1): NNR
Zakeri (1): Bard
Shadoweh (1): Junko
Voteless Scum (1): Zakeri

You decided to collectively murder skypal because he didn't drunkpost, and this is supposed to be a party!

Sky Paladin was, Barry Kramer, the Announcer 1-Shot Roleclop.

He should've edited in more wolfjobs, that definitely would've saved him.

N2 begins nao. If you can send in actions within the next 19 hours it'd be cool, otherwise night will last until I wake up on the 8th.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:37:28 PM by Vhaltz »

« Reply #288 on: August 07, 2014, 06:57:09 PM »
You guys were very thrilled after lynching a bad guy even if he was actually a really good guy, so you throw a party within the already existing party and send some chump to buy you all nachos.

However, the chump never returned, and he didn't even send you the nachos. Jerk.

Junko was Ninjab Ryan, he was the Town Unlockable 1-shot Daycop

This time there was no announcement on the room's walls, just skypal's body in the corner of the room hugged to SB's, d'aww.

Day 3 begins!
With 7 alive, 4 are needed to hammer. Countdown to day end.

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #289 on: August 07, 2014, 07:46:06 PM »
DNA results

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #290 on: August 07, 2014, 08:02:13 PM »
my action failed btw

I'm inclined to think that Junko was the kind of daycop that got results at the end of the day rather than instantly because I feel like he wouldn't have just not said what his results were. Alternately Sky self-hammered and ended phase before Junko got his results from Vhaltz (easily possible since there were only 10 minutes in between).

BTW I forgot to say this yesterday but @DNA- it actually is more preferable for dayvigs to shoot confirmed scum rather than shooting blindly. That's what the lynch is for. Using the lynch as a method of removing someone whose alignment you're unsure of gives interactions on the entire game; the dayvig gives interactions for one person.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #291 on: August 07, 2014, 08:37:19 PM »
I threw a tomato at Shadoweh by the way.

The selfhammer sucked. Losing the daycop sucks.

However; seeing that sort of reaction only happened with the outing of the daycop; I think it's fair to say that the scum was not voting Sky. That was a panic selfhammer to prevent the daycop.

And Junko died.

So... it's NNR; Zakeri or Bard.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #292 on: August 07, 2014, 08:37:44 PM »
Actually considering the slapfight D2 it's blatantly obvious.

#Vote: NNR

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #293 on: August 07, 2014, 08:39:46 PM »
Also the people voting Sky were Sky himself; DNA; BBM and myself; us three having confirmed roles. [We know the last scum is a roleblocker. Unless I can kill; visit someone to give fruit and roleblock it's not me].

There was Shadoweh as well and Shadoweh isn't confirmed or anything but I don't think Shadoweh is scum at this point; and if she is well someone can just check on her at night.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #294 on: August 07, 2014, 08:40:48 PM »
Oh and I specifically chose Shadoweh because maybe getting hit in the face by a tomato will make her post more :3

That and I thought Shadoweh would live the night phase.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #295 on: August 07, 2014, 09:22:57 PM »
Just gonna wait for the inevitable post where DNA either confirms me as town or makes up some bullshit reason why he didn't target me or got blocked.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

« Reply #296 on: August 07, 2014, 09:33:23 PM »
I sent the mod a PM saying "I WILL SURVIVE" and he PMed me it was a success.

BBM, please elucidate: did the message explicitly say you were roleblocked, or that your action failed?
Who did you target?

« Reply #297 on: August 07, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
We can't really just confirm half the game like that without even the Cop's result, can we?

Bardiche

« Reply #298 on: August 07, 2014, 10:41:11 PM »
However; seeing that sort of reaction only happened with the outing of the daycop; I think it's fair to say that the scum was not voting Sky. That was a panic selfhammer to prevent the daycop.

PoE is only valid if you have a basis to do so. There's no basis to presume that Shadoweh is Town, and I think it's hard to swallow that the mod gave Town 3 investigative roles and an easy, confirmable "I am not the roleblock ure looking for gais" role.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #299 on: August 07, 2014, 10:49:56 PM »
We can't really just confirm half the game like that without even the Cop's result, can we?

I'd say given the events of Day 2 BBM is pretty clear; especially given the hand he had in lynching Sky. DNA is in a similar spot; and of course to my PoV I am clear seeing as I have a PM in my inbox saying that I am town this game.

Really it's not setting a good feeling in me reading that sort of reaction without even saying anything as to try and disprove me calling BBM and DNA clear.