Author Topic: XCrawl Planning Room  (Read 69519 times)

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
Re: XCrawl Planning Room
« Reply #300 on: June 17, 2015, 05:28:03 AM »
I'll be late next session but probably in by 7.  Maybe 8 if things get hectic, so we should still be good.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #301 on: July 09, 2015, 09:26:39 AM »
Oh yeah this thread hasn't been updated for a while but we've been in Vegas for the past few sessions. Also Gonzo made his play to kill Dot but it turns out that was unnecessary; several of us (mostly Dot!) nearly got kidnapped by ninjas! Though we prevented that, now we have to save our NPCs.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #302 on: July 10, 2015, 08:06:02 AM »
I am not going to be able to make the next session. GM me doing something useful in the background please.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #303 on: July 18, 2015, 04:16:23 PM »
Possibly showing up late due to evostuff
Possibly showing up never due to evostuff

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #304 on: July 19, 2015, 09:53:54 AM »
Our sidequest ended today. We got Milo the Minotaur out of the police station, and went to go rescue Lisa the Lamia from ninjas. Mr Johnson informed us where the Yakuza headquarters were, so we crashed in on hang gliders. The Yakuza boss on TV ordered his minions to capture Hoshiko, but they all fled or died instead. Snakegirl rescued, order restored. We even persuaded a local team of Xcrawlers to turn towards the true path of light, without fighting them.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #305 on: August 16, 2015, 07:40:41 AM »
Return to the Multi-Level Dungeon in Vegas:
DJ Outrageous Fortune's theme for this level was giant.  Many of them: ogres, trolls, and a giant.  Almost all died from burning to death.  There were few traps, but all were disarmed and one was stolen by Annie for use later.
In the break room before the finale, the DJ himself greeted us, surrounded by fans including our employees, some nobility, and many brave men (and women) who tried to flirt with Maya and Jane.
The final room was a blizzardy hill topped by a temple to the gods.  We climbed the hill, defeating monsters along the way, and reached the temple we had to defend.  Outrageously, we received (another) divine blessing!  Annie placed the stolen trap: a rolling boulder.  This had a great impact on the orc assault such that the survivors decided not to continue.  The final monster was a large birdlike creature which screeched lightning and smashed into the hillside after receiving a psionic polearm blow and several arrows. 

Now we must ready ourselves to face challenges 11% greater than before ...

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #306 on: August 16, 2015, 10:12:32 AM »
Level up!
http://pastebin.com/fDeEpzBn

Highlights:
purchase improved enchantments on armor, shield, and ring of protection
10 ranks activates second tier on Skill Focus
Lay on Hands (for flavor reasons, also works on constructs and objects! neither heals nor harms undead!)
DIVINE GRACE (adds Charisma mod to all saves)
(Increased Charisma from blessing-of-the-gods makes everything better)

Edit: separated legit equipment from violatory/retired equipment
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 10:40:44 AM by O4rfish »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #307 on: August 17, 2015, 02:48:47 AM »
Level 10 Dot.

Notable improvements:
- Dot now has 15-20/x3 crit, which I'm pretty sure is the best possible crit range in the game.
- Dot traded out Empty Mind for Offensive Prescience, which gives a small damage boost (+2) and can be kept going all day like Force Screen.
- Dot spent most of her money upgrading her belt of giant strength.
- As for the rest, Dot now has 24 ioun stones of exceptionally poor quality.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #308 on: August 18, 2015, 06:25:26 AM »
Sorry I'm out this week.  I had something that I agreed to go to on Sunday which moved to Saturday somehow.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #309 on: August 18, 2015, 09:32:02 PM »
Looks like we're down 2 so no game this weekend.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2015, 08:52:18 PM »
Not gonna be able to make it this time, sorry.

Edit: Looks like a combo of sleep silliness and labor day events are gonna KO me for this week too. =[
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:19:28 AM by Sivrup »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #311 on: September 07, 2015, 06:21:16 AM »
The Yakuza sent us the severance package of a certain boss, and an assurance that incidents like that wouldn't happen again.
After clearing a dungeon on Hard Mode, our heroes met with Senator Bill Frisk of Colorado, who was tracking down domestic terrorism.  We pointed him at Brock's sponsor, Senator James McCarthy of California. 

We also learned that our fairy Claire has a tiny brain.  She would like some sort of garden with a portal to fairyland, which sounds extremely unsafe.

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #312 on: September 07, 2015, 08:39:31 PM »
Late level up details
And art why not

Maya is now up to date with her WBL!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:26:21 AM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #313 on: September 12, 2015, 09:06:58 PM »
It seems unlikely I'll be able to make it today. My apologies =[

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2015, 07:04:39 PM »
This week's Crawl was pretty interesting! We were called by a Melissa Summers to promote a new game in the Stained Glass Chronicles from the makers of Transylfortress. This was of course the game that Dot helped crowdfund to get her self-insert OC in!

After arriving at the filming location for the Crawl we meet Melissa and IKA-san (who was at the moment a kid). The reason behind seeking the Silver Snakes in particular is revealed, as with Maya's extensive body modifications she more than resembles a palette swapped version of the game's heroine. Maya gets dressed up and makeup'd in the heroine's outfit, Brock is outfitted in a snazzy duster and hat with a fancy pistol, Maira is given a pair of wands and an elaborate elvish outfit, and Dot is given her own OC's outfit to wear!

Of course, as is traditional, we run past a garden to reach the castle. Along the way we deal with a bunch of trash skeletons and wolves. Our first boss upon entering the castle is some sort of beholder covered and accompanied by zombies! But Dot and Maira make quick work of it with their sword skills and arrows.

After traversing some corridors where Maya is stabbed repeatedly by skeletons with spears, and nearly attacked by a mimic, we encounter the second boss!...An alraune! Who's also apparently a former coworker of Jane's from the 4th circuit crawls. She nearly perma disables our party with her various mind effects and vines. She certainly perma-disables Maya...we manage to triumph over her after Dot snaps free of the calming pollen aura!

We climb up a ominous set of stairs, clearing numerous waves of stained glass bats, (and discovering a cache of a pot roast and cake), before coming across the final boss! A pair of stained glass golems that hurt Dot and Maya pretty badly, but as usual our damage dealers manage to finish them off.

As Maya/Evelynn bemoan the lack of impact they had this Crawl, we retrieve our prizes and head home.

Spoiler:
And Maya of course asks for that nice alraune's contact details after. 15000 for a CR13 monster's contract is a pretty good deal, right?
Sugoiiii~

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #315 on: September 18, 2015, 06:12:54 PM »
I'll be unable to make it tomorrow >.<

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #316 on: September 21, 2015, 12:14:53 AM »
so we fought a FUCKING KAIJU this week.
Sugoiiii~

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #317 on: September 21, 2015, 01:06:08 AM »
But did you Kappa engineer a Jaeger? :V

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #318 on: September 21, 2015, 04:12:43 AM »
No but you were driving the boat.

EDIT:
Two days after our promotional crawl for the Stained Glass Chronicles, a minor earthquake hit LA. Only Annie was awoken by it; conveniently, everyone else received an urgent phone message minutes after.
"Child of Oceanous awoken.  Those without fighting skills seek shelter further inland."
and a little later
"Enemy immune to modern weapons.  You are given Class 2 permission to requisition fighting material for shore defense or ocean assault."

Brock specifically receives this message.
"Enemy of the Olympians spotted.  You have class one permission from the emperor to requisition any equipment required to find and destroy it.  This is the will of the Gods."

We help evacuate our apartment dwellers before calling in a helicopter; we fly to the naval base Camp Pendleton, where we meet with our usual rivals the Firestorms. They have more info than we do, much of it related to weakspots on the titanspawn, so we decide to temporarily team up. All ten of us commandeer a local destroyer, which works out for the crew; simply laying eyes on something like the spawn would cause madness or death below a certain HD.

We kill the fuck out of some monsters spawned by the thing before we reach it, then systematically take out a bunch of weakpoints. It's a hard fight but we blow up several spots: a large eye that weakens the defenses of the rest, a giant knot of muscle guarded by a huge mass of tentacles, and finally its brain as it emerges from the sea. It's also the middle of the night, raining hard, and the waters are rough. Makes for a pretty awesome image, and as we take it out we manage to yank a bunch of valuables out of its corpse before Neptune reclaims the corpse. Specifically, a lot of its blood, a good chunk of bones, and its heart which we auction off for about 60000 gold.

The next day we get a visit from Senator McCarthy, who you may know as the guy behind the cultist ritual that's trying to plunge the Empire into the Abyss. He reveals his play: using photos of our less than legal residents against us, he's issuing us a formal challenge. He's after all known that we know about his ploys, and by challenging Brock he's strengthened the ritual. Now all the cards are on the table...for now.

After a bunch of arguing on what to do next, we pursue a number of angles. Annie does her usual Big Annie Biggs plots, Dot and her magical crew begin researching the ritual, Brock pursues political ties to give us more tools to work with, and Maya...well. Maya decides making sure that the monsters are on our side for the Crawl Finals is important, which it is!

So she buys out the contracts of a number of Jane's former co-workers. Including Lily the alraune from the Stained Glass Chronicles run. Now we got two huldras, an alraune, a cecaelia, and a thriae seer walking around the apartments!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 07:20:30 AM by Amraphenson »
Sugoiiii~

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #319 on: October 04, 2015, 12:57:31 AM »
Gonna be a little late today

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #320 on: October 04, 2015, 07:53:07 PM »
October 3rd's session started with the mafia giving us a call. It was mostly a warning saying that we should organize our forces with regards to rigging the Crawl Grand Finals. As is, we currently have Senator Frisk, the drow, the mafia, and Maya as a bonus spoiler working the finals in various ways, with McCarthy also trying to rig them in his favor. With how the situation is, we'll just end up stepping on each other's feet and ruining the whole thing, so organizing is important!

In any case we're pulled into a new Crawl that should improve our standings in the Finals. It's hosted by DJ Hypno, who's a powerful psionic that uses his powers to create the terrain of the Crawl. We agree and head in!

We are placed in an Escher-esque maze with four directions lit up for us. Our goal is to retrieve an orb from each of the directions, which lead to challenges. Two is enough to succeed, but when have the Silver Snakes ever just settled for the minimum? The four challenges are Might, Stealth, Faith, and Magic.

-Stealth's first! It's a really long ballpit. We try sneaking through but end up getting jumped by a vaguely humanoid slime that likes turning its arms into chainsaws, but we pulled through! One orb.
-Might next. We enter an arena where we fight some dragon-insect thing that makes mindblades while four dwarf wizards on towers debuff and do weird crap to us. But we take them out! Another orb.
-Faith! This one's a fleshy corridor that leads into a fog filled chamber, where we fight something spouting Lovecraftian nonsense. When we kill it, it explodes into a mass of worms! And when Evelynn bites that mass of worms, a bunch of individual worms pop out! The close proximity means the worms latch onto Evelynn and start burrowing, which causes a momentary panic...when it's dealt with, Evelynn sobs out an apology as she disappears, deactivating Maya's mutagen in the process...

----
Maya and the Drow working the monsters seems to be the best imo. The two angles we can approach from there are the security and the other participants, with Frisk and the mafia left to take over. Countering McCarthy's progress could also be a thing. If so, I'd have the mafia try to counter McCarthy, Frisk on security, and the rest of our party personally trying to get the other participants on our side?
Sugoiiii~

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2015, 10:22:24 PM »
One thing the Mafia is uniquely suited for: researching the other contestants. Assuming they want to fix the results, they should find out for us which teams would be receptive to our joint proposal of nonlethal cheating.
We should approach the other teams several weeks before the finals to get them on board, and perhaps sabotage the ones who aren't willing to play along, and perhaps secretly help the ones who are, so that the final tourney list is composed mostly or entirely of teams in our plan.
This is something Brock is willing to stake his career on, so he can be the inside man when convincing the other teams.

If we manage to arrange everything, we'll have enough control of the monsters and the crawlers such that it's more like a performance than a sports event. Like pro wrestling. We satisfy the Mafia by arranging who wins and who loses; we satisfy the drow by having the monsters not killed; we satisfy Frisk by not dying and triggering the ritual and killing everyone.
The only people who would be unhappy are the DJ, the priests of Apollo, and the teams who didn't want to cheat. And if they don't find out that we cheated, they don't get upset.

Hey Iced, what is the penalty for rigging an Xcrawl game?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:31:43 PM by O4rfish »

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #322 on: October 05, 2015, 03:12:48 AM »
I think the main issue with the Mafia being involved with other participants is that this a legit crawl, and all the other teams aren't Mafia backed up like we are. It's probably an open secret but I still think they wouldn't take it lightly if a bunch of dudes and suits came by speaking on our behalf. Sabotaging people who don't want to play nice is probably well within their abilities though.
Sugoiiii~

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #323 on: October 05, 2015, 03:37:07 AM »
My thoughts are, if they can infiltrate the people actually building the crawl, that would be good. Best way to make sure that any evil ritual pieces that get built into the concrete and such. Which may involve putting Dot's mob in contact with the mob in order to get information they need flowing.

Also, I am thinking the best result would be to fuck up the games so horribly that essentially there has to be a do-over, so once the Senator is dealt with, the competitors get a fair shot at things.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #324 on: October 05, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »
Infiltrating the design crew should be easy.  Bribing low paid underlings and absentee slave owners is easy.

Turning the entire game into a shitshow might NOT be the best plan.  While Annie wouldn't care, the failure of the third biggest ritual ceremony in the empire would bring out the 15th level diviners to find and waste everyone involved in the fuckup because otherwise the knives come out for Ronnie.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #325 on: October 05, 2015, 09:21:12 PM »
So you're saying that if we can wreck the diviners, we can bring down Ronnie? I see no flaw with this plan.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #326 on: October 14, 2015, 02:13:23 AM »
So here's what you all have figured out.

The ritual is a three part act that requires two murderously difficult ritual checks.  Triple digit DCs.  However by sacrificing/murdering the proper types of people at various stages, the ritualists can gain bonuses to the roll.

Act 1 Preparation:
This part requires no check.  The ritualists must kill a great number (10000 levels worth) of people in prepared spots over ten years.  The catch is they can't kill the people directly.  Good aligned characters, adventurers, people with high fame, and those killed by betrayal all give more essence to the ritualists.  Bonus essence (levels) are added to the next check.

Act 2 Initiation:
This part requires a check and a sacrifice.  In one day, the ritualists must kill a number of people (100 levels worth) in a single area.  In this case they're allowed to get their own hands dirty.  Innocents, famous people, good aligned characters, and those killed by betrayal give more essence, slaves, evil creatures and demon worshipers do not provide any essence.  More kills gives a higher bonus.  After the kills a ritual check is performed using the bonuses in steps 1 and 2.  If successful the area gains abyssal traits and is thrown into the Astral plane.

Act 3 Highway to Hell:
The final sacrifice is based on the demon lord the ritualists worship.  In this case it's likely to be a dungeon structure.  There they challenge heroes to defeat them, and the failure and corruption of fallen champions will feed the ritual.  They must slay at minimum seven champions according to their sins and virtues, and gain bonuses for killing more.  The more virtuous/corrupt a character is, the more essence they release.  In addition those killed by betrayal give more essence.  When this is done the casters may make the second check using only the bonuses from part 2 and 3.  If successful the Abyss takes over.  If the ritualists are slain everyone will return to the Prime Material plane.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #327 on: October 31, 2015, 07:35:05 PM »
Due to election preparations, there is a high chance I'll be several hours late. Remove/write me out as needs br, ans accept my apologies =[

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #328 on: October 31, 2015, 11:05:44 PM »
I'll be late

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #329 on: November 03, 2015, 01:23:56 AM »
Recently, we discovered an old estate owned by Senator McCarthy which we explored to see if he might have been there.  It was a trap!  Well, sort of: the estate was a Demiplane of Dread which trapped us inside it.  Ancient ghosts (so old they worshipped Athena instead of Minerva) informed us of our foe: the demon Ebondread; and helped us to defeat him. 
Ebondread had been embodied in a sword, and he turned it into an evil weapon.  He had also been imprisoned inside a demiplane, and he turned that into his own domain.  It was pretty bad, but/so we destroyed them both.  Unfortunately, the demon got away in the end.